Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Making shit up as they go along. They have no ****ing idea what they are doing. Would be comical if it wasn’t so ****ing serious. 

I'm afraid page 94 of the Covid pandemic handbook hasn't been written yet, so yeh they're having to make it up as they go along, but don't fear when another similar pandemic comes along we'll know what to do next time because page 94 might have been written by then.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

He's got a point though. It's utter pricks like you that's making things worse, not better. 

This 

18 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

curiously enough this was on my Facebook tonight. Was shared by a friend so I don't know the person. Maybe the mask police could justify them to this girl or her family.

Heads up.... masks off

⚠️Be careful HEALTHY people, shared from a friend....

My daughter. 19 yrs old. Healthy. Frontline worker at a huge grocery store chain. Started feeling sick about two weeks ago. Side and back pain. Nausea.. Chest pain. Primary doc sent her for chest x-ray.. Something "lit up" on right side. Sent for MRI. Cat scan. Ultra sound of back and abdomen areas..NOTHING.. While at work was unable to breathe. Chest pain. Rushed to e.r. quarantined. Tested for covid. Young. By herself because no one can be with her. Turns out its pleurisy.. An inflection of the outside of the lining of the lungs. They basically tell her.. It's because she has been wearing a mask for over 8 hours a day 5-6 days a week. Breathing in her own bacteria. Carbon dioxide.. Caused an infection. And now she is in severe pain. Has to be off work with no pay.. But you wont see that on social media! She's 19. Healthy. And now is bed bound and struggling to breathe. Antibiotics. Steroids. Breathing treatments.

It's fake.

https://factcheck.afp.com/wearing-face-mask-does-not-put-you-risk-developing-pleurisy-health-experts-say

5 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I'd love Christmas to be cancelled. Can you imagine the seethe amongst the Gammonati? 😁

😂. Cancelling Christmas because of a virus???😂. Thankfully, families will make their own decisions and NO, Christmas won't be cancelled, regardless of govt edicts or the wishes of brain dead wokesters 

Nucky Thompson
18 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Wouldn’t be a bad thing if Xmas is cancelled.
It’s a lot of shite.

Bah Humbug 

Weakened Offender
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

😂. Cancelling Christmas because of a virus???😂. Thankfully, families will make their own decisions and NO, Christmas won't be cancelled, regardless of govt edicts or the wishes of brain dead wokesters 

Just making sure that you genuinely thought I was getting excited about Christmas being cancelled??? 😐

Nucky Thompson
10 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I'd love Christmas to be cancelled. Can you imagine the seethe amongst the Gammonati? 😁

Who the feck are the Gammonati, Santa's secret police? 

13 minutes ago, LMc said:

That's not how you get pleurisy. Funnily enough, pleurisy is a common after effect from covid though.

I'm sure they just made it up. I'm no doctor but a quick Google search suggests you are wrong.

3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

I'm sure they just made it up. I'm no doctor but a quick Google search suggests you are wrong.

Good, because that is what they did. Don't fall for crap like that. A hint - if you see anything on your social media feeds in which you want to believe, Google the title or some of the text along with "fake" or "scam". Then try to find the story in the media. Never depend on social media stories like these, even if you really want to believe them, because a lot of them are crap.

Edited by redjambo

Weakened Offender
4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Who the feck are the Gammonati, Santa's secret police? 

You're a nap to be a member. 

https://apple.news/AlT8h1RuZQxqI-GjLNHejQw

Prof Chris Whitty, England's chief medical officer, said these restrictions would be in place for a "block of time", with Whitehall sources admitting it is likely to be three months or more.

The prime minister, trying to sugarcoat the bitter pill, flagged again his hope that a testing 'moonshot' - regular mass testing to allow for a return to normal life - might mean parties, big family gatherings, sporting events, theatre visits could be back on.

But it's a long shot to say the least.

Sir Patrick was quite clear that they don't yet know if these daily saliva tests work: "They have not been validated," he said.

The PM's moonshot is certainly a long-shot.

What is closer to home is the grim reality that the country is far from defeating coronavirus and it's going to be long winter ahead.

Let’s  hope and pray that these saliva tests do work. It would a great aid to getting much more freedom. 

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

You're a nap to be a member. 

Not a member of any organisations . I like to think for myself 

Brighton Jambo
32 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s a lot of shite.

Well said.  I can’t stand Xmas, if it wasn’t for the kids I would try and ignore the whole thing.  

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Jambo no 1 said:

https://apple.news/AlT8h1RuZQxqI-GjLNHejQw

Prof Chris Whitty, England's chief medical officer, said these restrictions would be in place for a "block of time", with Whitehall sources admitting it is likely to be three months or more.

He never put a time on it though. I watched the whole thing

The media love to take a section of a comment and twist it

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

What the old stolen German democratic Republic? 

Those were the days, East German Woman shot putters................more testosterone on display than a full rugby team, in fact sure I read one of them turned into a man. 

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Ah, but "Whitehall sources". :wink:

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Those were the days, East German Woman shot putters................more testosterone on display than a full rugby team, in fact sure I read one of them turned into a man. 

Indeed. Heidi Krieger became Andreas.

East Germany’s forgotten Olympic doping victims tell of illness, infertility and changing sex

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/east-germanys-forgotten-olympic-doping-6949436

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Unfortunately I never heard the briefing. However a “block of time” is not that specific and could mean any length of time. Sources however are always an easy way to massage a message to suit your narrative. 

24 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Good, because that is what they did. Don't fall for crap like that. A hint - if you see anything on your social media feeds in which you want to believe, Google the title or some of the text along with "fake" or "scam". Then try to find the story in the media. Never depend on social media stories like these, even if you really want to believe them, because a lot of them are crap.

Answers my previous post. 👍

If Whitty has said something like "a block of time" then a period of time has probably been advised by SAGE and the likes of Whitty knows full well that the weirdo arsehole and some of the snakes in government will water it down as much as possible.

The narrative of SAGE merely providing advice and that decisions are made by non science competent ministers is true.   It's a narrative correctly used by experts to keep making it known that expert advice is often discarded.

Edited by Victorian

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

curiously enough this was on my Facebook tonight. Was shared by a friend so I don't know the person. Maybe the mask police could justify them to this girl or her family.

Heads up.... masks off

⚠️Be careful HEALTHY people, shared from a friend....

My daughter. 19 yrs old. Healthy. Frontline worker at a huge grocery store chain. Started feeling sick about two weeks ago. Side and back pain. Nausea.. Chest pain. Primary doc sent her for chest x-ray.. Something "lit up" on right side. Sent for MRI. Cat scan. Ultra sound of back and abdomen areas..NOTHING.. While at work was unable to breathe. Chest pain. Rushed to e.r. quarantined. Tested for covid. Young. By herself because no one can be with her. Turns out its pleurisy.. An inflection of the outside of the lining of the lungs. They basically tell her.. It's because she has been wearing a mask for over 8 hours a day 5-6 days a week. Breathing in her own bacteria. Carbon dioxide.. Caused an infection. And now she is in severe pain. Has to be off work with no pay.. But you wont see that on social media! She's 19. Healthy. And now is bed bound and struggling to breathe. Antibiotics. Steroids. Breathing treatments.

It’s fake mate

Francis Albert
58 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

No. But I can imagine the seethe among the puritans. 

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s a lot of shite.

:humbug:

Tend to agree though!

If ALL households stocked up and went home tonight and stayed in their own house for a month - with zero contact with anyone else - the virus would be virtually eradicated. However, this simply isn't possible as some people can't care for themselves, while hospitals and care homes need to function with people moving from their own home environment to work in such places.

Lockdown back in March / April probably got as close to eradicating contact as we are going to get - but it was enough for the virus to keep circulating but in much smaller numbers. How many NHS / care home staff had the virus - they were likely to be the main spreaders at that time despite a massive increase in use of PPE. 

Lockdown is being gradually eased and it's enough to let the virus start spreading in ever larger numbers because it hadn't gone away completely. This was always going to happen. 

Personally, I think that if we can't develop a vaccine, we should do our best to shield those who need to be shielded and let the virus go through the rest of society, the vast, vast majority of whom will have only a mild illness. Attempt to get herd immunity as best we can so that there are fewer people able to contract the virus and pass it on. There would clearly be some lives lost as there will be people who react badly, or had underlying health conditions that they were unaware of - but we can't just hide forever. 

A difficult conundrum for sure. 

1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

Just making sure that you genuinely thought I was getting excited about Christmas being cancelled??? 😐

Got me hook, line & sinker😂. I'm sure you'll be tucking into the turkey, trimmings and wine like the rest of us....straight after the Queen's address👍

1 hour ago, Captain Canada said:

I'd recommend listening to this from 24:08 in.

Jason Leitch tells explains how effective the PCR tests are for Covid. 

https://www.fsb.org.uk/resources-page/jason-leitch-talks-coronavirus-and-scotland-s-small-businesses.html

That's pretty revealing in other words they don't have a clue how many of the tests they are doing currently have it !!

3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Another impressive performance by the Prime Minister glad he is at the helm 

You should be on the stage. 😄

13 minutes ago, steve123 said:

That's pretty revealing in other words they don't have a clue how many of the tests they are doing currently have it !!

So basically he is making decisions to peoples lives based on an unreliable test. What is this blokes qualifications to make these decisions? 

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

So basically he is making decisions to peoples lives based on an unreliable test. What is this blokes qualifications to make these decisions? 

Don't know, but he would be able to tell if you need a filling or an extraction

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I wonder if they extend furlough? 

I sure hope so.

Extended paternity leave on account of a global China bad Aids pandemic.

That would be a bit of a result. :)

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Eh?  as in ‘I don't understand’?

Or, Eh?  as in ‘I find that difficult to compute, I come from Hamilton’?

Which ‘Eh?’ is your intended query?

Asking for a fellow Hearts fan, by the way.  :thumbsup:

16 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Eh?  as in ‘I don't understand’?

Or, Eh?  as in ‘I find that difficult to compute, I come from Hamilton’?

Which ‘Eh?’ is your intended query?

Asking for a fellow Hearts fan, by the way.  :thumbsup:

As in what are you on about - what he posted was fake 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic