Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Good question he had cancer , he was 98 so COVID probably just hastened his death 

Anyone that dies of Covid-19 has had their death hastened, in fact that applies to all illnesses.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, graygo said:

If you're right then we can expect a period of fewer than normal deaths before getting back to the normal numbers. 🥴

Not really were heading into winter and death rates usually rise, although we seem to have found away of treating covid cases in hospital and the virus seems weaker. Maybe the death rate will remain about where it is now over winter and drop next spring.

4 minutes ago, Herbert said:

That's my point. If he was in hospital due to his cancer I assume he was on his way out. So all the covid did was give him a nudge. My grandad died a few months ago of cancer he had it 10years but they put down a blood clot in his leg as cause of death not the fact he was rotten away on a hospital bed riddled with cancer.

It can't continue to show excess deaths if correct, if you pull all deaths (99% was the figure you gave) forward then that would very quickly become the norm as it cancels out what used to be the normal number of deaths.

Sorry but that makes more sense in my head than it does typed out.

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes a lot of anxious , neurotic parents , but to be fair it’s been created by the relentless media onslaught about the virus 🦠 

giphy.gif

Don't forget the messages, mind. 

4 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Not really were heading into winter and death rates usually rise, although we seem to have found away of treating covid cases in hospital and the virus seems weaker. Maybe the death rate will remain about where it is now over winter and drop next spring.

I get what you're saying but in winter you would expect Covid-19 to be hastening the number of deaths by pulling forward the ones normally in Spring and as you say, that number is normally lower.

Edit: just read your post again and I think that supports my thoughts.

Edited by graygo

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yeah, let's have a future where people's freedoms and futures are determined by scientists. A future where you can't go out and meet people your own age or with same interests. A future determined by people who theorise about what might happen and who are risk averse to the extreme. Let's protect the tiniest minority of the public by restricting lives of the greatest majority.

These scientists have a vested interest in ensuring this pandemic stays at front of public eye as they are coining in billions of £'s for themselves, their research labs and their companies. Would be interesting dilemma if one did discover cure or treatment with no side effects as while that would be a one off big earner, spending years looking for a vaccine is a long term money earner that would tempt a few.

As for everyone else, the normal public, well they are just the muppets who will have to do what Boris, Nicola, and other statesmen say.

Schoolchildren - Wouldn't bother trying to ensure schools stay open because when the kids get to leaving age, there won't be any jobs for them to go into anyway. Lucky few might get something, but majority will have bleak prospects. 

University - No face to face learning, no chance to meet anyone, just stay indoors and learn on computer. If you graduate, no jobs anyway.

Job market - If you have job, work from home and face prospect of paying higher taxes as you need to subsidise the millions who will lose their jobs and have to stay at home. Hospitality industry destroyed, travel industry destroyed, tourist industry destroyed, but never mind, Amazon will give you job delivering stuff until people run out of money to pay for goods.

In meantime, the ultra rich keep earning, politicians secure futures for themselves, and the scientists are rolling in money.

The world has gone to shit.

Too right mate, sod the scientists. We should be listening to the self-appointed experts on forums and social media instead. 

29 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Stop embarrassing yourself 😅

Even by your normal standards this is a cracker. 

Out of 4000 odd deaths under 400 have came from the under 65 age group despite the government scare mongering and sticking covid down on any death certificate they can get away with.  When you factor in the amount of people with cancer or weak immune systems the real worry about covid is how quick the government are stripping our lives of any normality. We are locked in the house for months then let out and threatened if we dont behave we will be grounded again and people like you are happy to accept this. You are the embarrassment.

14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

giphy.gif

Don't forget the messages, mind. 

LOl ill never live that down eh ? I stopped that a while back mate

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

LOl ill never live that down eh ? I stopped that a while back mate

Just before the police arrested for bleach of the peach. :)

Edited by ri Alban

Just now, ri Alban said:

Just before the police arrested for bleach of the beach. :)

More like bleaching the peach ( s) lol

On 06/09/2020 at 11:50, jake said:

Are you in pain ?

Because you certainly post like you are .

No, but now don't give a feck about people, who don't give a feck about people.

And can you leave some tinfoil for someone else, please. I know it's your favourite day on Friday, but come on. 

:conspiracy:

Edited by ri Alban

36 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Watch this space! 

The wee head nodder would be dragged out of Bute House by her Jimmy Choos if she tried to pull that stunt. Close the pubs & restaurants? 😂

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Out of 4000 odd deaths under 400 have came from the under 65 age group despite the government scare mongering and sticking covid down on any death certificate they can get away with.  When you factor in the amount of people with cancer or weak immune systems the real worry about covid is how quick the government are stripping our lives of any normality. We are locked in the house for months then let out and threatened if we dont behave we will be grounded again and people like you are happy to accept this. You are the embarrassment.

I am 69 years old and have Asthma, HBP and Diabetes. 

So I find posts like yours which seem to say we shouldn't be taking precautions because it's only people like myself who are most in danger very offensive. 

Wearing a face mask on public transport and in shops are just sensible precautions. 

If I catch Covid and die then it will be down to Covid because at the moment I am healthy enough to be dodging along for another 10/15 years. 

Why shoud my twighight years be stolen from me because selfish *******s can't be bothered following sensible advice. 

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The wee head nodder would be dragged out of Bute House by her Jimmy Choos if she tried to pull that stunt. Close the pubs & restaurants? 😂

By who? You! :rofl:You couldn't pull a Hobo aff yer sister. 

So people would rather shut the schools, which would force parents off their work,  than shut pubs and restaurants. Really!? 

Edited by ri Alban

Does Sturgeon realise that there are some horrible illnesses out there, with far worse outcomes, and affect far more people, than Covid?? I seriously think she has spent so long obsessing about Covid that she has lost all grasp of reality. Pack up the podium, spare us all the lunchtime hectoring and take a holiday dear.

2 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

F.acile

A.***hole

C.ontinually

T.rolls

S.hed.

I wouldn't say you're trolling but the self deprecation is noted.

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Does Sturgeon realise that there are some horrible illnesses out there, with far worse outcomes, and affect far more people, than Covid?? I seriously think she has spent so long obsessing about Covid that she has lost all grasp of reality. Pack up the podium, spare us all the lunchtime hectoring and take a holiday dear.

Don't talk shite. Put down the remote, and put your device to a job search page or six. Or just practice your air flute and march round the street. Get some exercise! 

The Saviours of Scotland will save us all. 

Edited by ri Alban

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

'Hectoring' is such a fantastic word.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Don't talk shite. Put down the remote, and out your device to a job search page or six. Or just practice your air flute and march round the street. Get some exercise! 

How about you stop talking shite and come round here and give me a hand to render this garden wall.

First time I've tried it and it's a right pain in the arse. 😠

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

How about you stop talking shite and come round here and give me a hand to render this garden wall.

First time I've tried it and it's a right pain in the arse. 😠

Don't do cement work anymore, unless it's for £100 a square metre. Make sure you put plastersiser/waterproofer in it and dampen the wall a touch. (Make it nice and soft, not watery) 

Don't wet the sponge, tho. It bleaches the mortar. 

Edited by ri Alban

On 07/09/2020 at 19:41, GinRummy said:

I just wear it as it’s intended, over mouth and nose but if you just wear it over your mouth is it maybe just as effective at preventing you from passing Covid to others?

They need to go over your nose and under your chin. Those ones with the one way valves at the side are no use either as exhaled air is unfiltered. I'm hoping people don't realise this when they buy them rather than being selfish.

Malinga the Swinga
42 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Too right mate, sod the scientists. We should be listening to the self-appointed experts on forums and social media instead. 

No we shouldn't listen to the experts on here and you know it. 

A line has to be drawn between taking scientists advice and destroying future generations hopes for their lives. Scientists take no account of human desires for company, relationships, the need to work and concentrate solely on the virus.

Before you say anything, I wear mask in shops and follow guidelines on social distancing, but I am late 50's and have had my fill of parties, nightclubs and the rest so easier for me to observe than younger people who want to do these things.

Now we have the 'there could be after effects in the future for people who have had virus, but we can't be sure' chat, which gives politicians the easy out to carry on with restrictions. We can't be sure of anything in future, so should we just sit about and wait until we die.

At what point do we say enough, we have to live lives, not just exist? Humans get diseases and die, it is a fact and that will not change. Now we expect to live longer and longer and want all diseases/viruses eradicated, but every species has its weaknesses and there is no avoiding death in the end. 

9 minutes ago, graygo said:

Pretty much confirmed that we'll not be watching football live in stadiums any time soon.

Nevermind, there's always strictly! 

28 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I am 69 years old and have Asthma, HBP and Diabetes. 

So I find posts like yours which seem to say we shouldn't be taking precautions because it's only people like myself who are most in danger very offensive. 

Wearing a face mask on public transport and in shops are just sensible precautions. 

If I catch Covid and die then it will be down to Covid because at the moment I am healthy enough to be dodging along for another 10/15 years. 

Why shoud my twighight years be stolen from me because selfish *******s can't be bothered following sensible advice. 

That's right you live your twilight years out hiding in the house only daring to go out to get medication for your many health conditions while the rest of us have to suffer a life of job losses, businesses closing down, eviction, poverty and restrictions on our civil liberties, but were the selfish ones for wanting to get life moving again.

manaliveits105
38 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The fact that she refused to move in to Bute House but commute back and forth to weegie world was total disrespect to the position of FM of Scotland and to the capital city but maybe she just didnt want to sleep in Alex bedroom 

43 minutes ago, graygo said:

Nicola just mentioned something about FACTS, anybody heard anything about that?

Was that a question from Hamilton?

2 hours ago

Total deaths rise by a third between April and June

The total number of deaths in Scotland rose by a third between April and June 2020.

That’s according to new figures released on Wednesday by National Records of Scotland (NRS), who said 18,201 deaths had been registered – 4,515 more than the five-year average.

Covid-19 was the underlying cause in 3,739 deaths during period, accounting for 83% of the 4,515 excess deaths when compared to the five year average.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Good question he had cancer , he was 98 so COVID probably just hastened his death 

I think that then means it killed him and is recorded as such. 
What a fantastic age to get to and then get those two horrible things at once, he would’ve been someone worth having a chat with. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think that then means it killed him and is recorded as such. 
What a fantastic age to get to and then get those two horrible things at once, he would’ve been someone worth having a chat with. 

Yes he had a good innings. Was frail at the end and think Covid with cancer was the nail in the coffin to pardon the pun.  

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic