Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

39 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Interesting the Matt Hancock just said in BBC that the reason that people who cannot get a Covid test is because there are now too many people getting tested who do not have the symptoms.  25% of people turning up for tests do not have the symptoms but they have booked a test.  He also says he does not want to introduce eligibility criteria as tests should be driven by need and also everything is in place at record levels.

So nothing to do with lack of anything it is the people fault.  Interesting.  Is he right?

No idea if he is right or wrong but the whole agenda has now been to blame the public

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

5 hours ago, graygo said:

That's my weekend break to Blackpool scuppered then, 9 of the family from 3 households although 3 are kids all in a 6 bedroom ex-guest house. ☹️

:Aye:

It's just political now! Boris has let the power go to his head. 

14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Pubs and restaurants about to close. Schools are correctly the priority. 

Where did you hear that? Or just what you think will happen 

9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Pubs and restaurants about to close. Schools are correctly the priority. 

There was chat a couple of weeks ago from one of the Sage members I think that said they might need to shut pubs for schools to reopen.Seemed to get buried pretty quick so I thought that was the end of it.Don't get the reasoning  for reopening them before if this is the case other than it was to give the public a morale boost as surely landlords must be like wtf now.

It's selfish to not wear a mask because you don't want to. It's also selfish to want other people to wear things they don't want to for your benefit.

A lot of what we do is driven by selfishness.

I wear one where it's a private premises and they've made it a rule to wear one and I want to be allowed to go in there, in the same way I adhere to any dress codes of places I choose to visit. I've tried my best to minimise my visits to those places and avoid having to do it in the same way I avoid some more archaic golf clubs. 

9 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Just as an aside I noted that when I was in mc donalds the other day kids were asked to give their details ( name and phone number ) before going into the place . Surely that’s rather dodgey ? Don’t know what weirdos may get their details.  

Not sure if the modern beast will go to the trouble of hacking the mcdonald's track and trace database for a name and phone number that more than likely belongs to a middle aged fat man. They probably just scour tiktok. 

Most people would only have to wear a mask for a short period of time. Half an hour on a bus or in a shop. It’s no big deal and it’s helping in some small way to beat this virus. 
i often wonder if those protesting about wearing a mask also don’t bother washing their hands regularly especially after being to the loo or picking their nose. 

Samuel Camazzola
44 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

It's just political now! Boris has let the power go to his head. 

Not just now. It's been like that from the beginning and all the decision makers throughout the UK have been on the power trip. 

18 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's selfish to not wear a mask because you don't want to. It's also selfish to want other people to wear things they don't want to for your benefit.

A lot of what we do is driven by selfishness.

I wear one where it's a private premises and they've made it a rule to wear one and I want to be allowed to go in there, in the same way I adhere to any dress codes of places I choose to visit. I've tried my best to minimise my visits to those places and avoid having to do it in the same way I avoid some more archaic golf clubs. 

:spoton:

:ruiner:

joondalupjambo
54 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

No idea if he is right or wrong but the whole agenda has now been to blame the public

Certain groups of the public, no?  The problem of course is that we, the public will not all follow the advise or rules and so the Government approach becomes splintered.   I think the UK Government, and to an extent here in Scotland as well "lost the dressing rooms" when Dominic and other high profile folk broke the rules with no punishment.   

Blaming certain groups will really rile folk and it is not a sensible or logical tactic.  It is probably easier to do that though because the other option is to solve the problems.

joondalupjambo
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

"go out, have fun! spend spend spend!"

"shit it's back on the rise ok mass gatherings are banned again"

:vrface:

Except at Doncaster where up to 3000 folk are expected to attend today's race meeting.  You could not make it up.

Shanks said no
9 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Except at Doncaster where up to 3000 folk are expected to attend today's race meeting.  You could not make it up.

I had to google it as I thought you had!

Talk about mixed messages

26 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Not just now. It's been like that from the beginning and all the decision makers throughout the UK have been on the power trip. 

Strangely it's not just the UK and it's happening across the planet. World leaders are using their elected positions power to govern people. It's almost like it's their job or something! 

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Plan to pop into the Diggers In the next week or two, plus my local.  If I don’t think either are being sensible in the way they are managing things then I’ll have the one and won’t be back for a while. There’s no risk free way but a few sensible precautions well managed helps reassure the casual alcoholic. 

You should be well practised at following rules and not getting out of line eh 😜?!?!

1 hour ago, Shanks said:

To be fair there will be a lot of the usual panic merchants booking up tests every couple of weeks ‘just in case’ 

Yes not a fan of Hancock but I can see where he is common from . A friend of mine is a hypochondriac and has had two tests for it and one for her child , both just had cold symptoms 

joondalupjambo
13 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I had to google it as I thought you had!

Talk about mixed messages

Not just today but each day of this weeks meeting!!  However Matt Hancock when quizzed about it this morning on BBC TV said wait until tonight's briefing by the PM.  Suspect that means they might be pulling the pin on it, will have to wait and see.  We should be ok up here though letting in 300 to the Ross County game is less worrying, or is it?:jj_facepalm:

10 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Oh ffs. I think you know what I mean.  Develop, improve...social skills. You think someone starting their first job has the social skills of someone who has been working there for years?? 

Your right Enzo people do develop / learn social skills fro direct face to face communication . They learn to pick up body language clues , non verbal clues etc by it 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes not a fan of Hancock but I can see where he is common from . A friend of mine is a hypochondriac and has had two tests for it and one for her child , both just had cold symptoms 

It’ll be pandemonium when winter kicks in.

7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’ll be pandemonium when winter kicks in.

Yes a lot of anxious , neurotic parents , but to be fair it’s been created by the relentless media onslaught about the virus 🦠 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes a lot of anxious , neurotic parents , but to be fair it’s been created by the relentless media onslaught about the virus 🦠 

If they'd bothered to listen to or read this relentless media onslaught then surely people should know what covid symptoms are by now.

Shanks said no

The total number of deaths in Scotland rose by a third between April and June 2020, according to official figures.

The National Records of Scotland (NRS) said 18,201 deaths had been registered, 4,515 more than the five-year average.

Covid-19 was the underlying cause in 3,739 of them, accounting for 83% of the excess deaths.

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Not sure if the modern beast will go to the trouble of hacking the mcdonald's track and trace database for a name and phone number that more than likely belongs to a middle aged fat man. They probably just scour tiktok. 

Won't be long till there is a conspiracy that McDonald's are involved in a child trafficking ring. 

Like Wayfair;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-53416247

Keep an eye out for a post by some moron on Facebook at some point. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Jambo no 1 said:

Most people would only have to wear a mask for a short period of time. Half an hour on a bus or in a shop. It’s no big deal and it’s helping in some small way to beat this virus. 
i often wonder if those protesting about wearing a mask also don’t bother washing their hands regularly especially after being to the loo or picking their nose. 

If they are regular Tynecastle goers, a big number of those who visit the toilets don't know how to use the soap and water to wash their hands. Scaffs! 

Malinga the Swinga

Yeah, let's have a future where people's freedoms and futures are determined by scientists. A future where you can't go out and meet people your own age or with same interests. A future determined by people who theorise about what might happen and who are risk averse to the extreme. Let's protect the tiniest minority of the public by restricting lives of the greatest majority.

These scientists have a vested interest in ensuring this pandemic stays at front of public eye as they are coining in billions of £'s for themselves, their research labs and their companies. Would be interesting dilemma if one did discover cure or treatment with no side effects as while that would be a one off big earner, spending years looking for a vaccine is a long term money earner that would tempt a few.

As for everyone else, the normal public, well they are just the muppets who will have to do what Boris, Nicola, and other statesmen say.

Schoolchildren - Wouldn't bother trying to ensure schools stay open because when the kids get to leaving age, there won't be any jobs for them to go into anyway. Lucky few might get something, but majority will have bleak prospects. 

University - No face to face learning, no chance to meet anyone, just stay indoors and learn on computer. If you graduate, no jobs anyway.

Job market - If you have job, work from home and face prospect of paying higher taxes as you need to subsidise the millions who will lose their jobs and have to stay at home. Hospitality industry destroyed, travel industry destroyed, tourist industry destroyed, but never mind, Amazon will give you job delivering stuff until people run out of money to pay for goods.

In meantime, the ultra rich keep earning, politicians secure futures for themselves, and the scientists are rolling in money.

The world has gone to shit.

48 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You should be well practised at following rules and not getting out of line eh 😜?!?!

Most of the time. 😎

Whether you agree with lockdowns or not,  the UK government's messaging has been all over the shop.   Flip-flopping like **** between the polar opposites of caution and normality.   The SG has at least retained a much more consistent,  measured and careful overall message.

The trouble with the UK government's collective efforts at messaging is that individual ministers have no qualms in acting and speaking independently according to their own agendas.   No thought is given to attempting to provide a consistent,  coherent message.    People bemoan the SG for being too 'on message' but in this instance,  it's a real asset.

13 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

The total number of deaths in Scotland rose by a third between April and June 2020, according to official figures.

The National Records of Scotland (NRS) said 18,201 deaths had been registered, 4,515 more than the five-year average.

Covid-19 was the underlying cause in 3,739 of them, accounting for 83% of the excess deaths.

How many of the 3739 would be at the end of life or have multiple health conditions anyway? I bet it would be 99% of them. The government are using this as a way to control everyone using fear, Its like if I get shot in the head and the ambulance has a crash on the way to hospital. I would be a crash fatality even though the gun shot was gonna kill me anyway.

13 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

If they are regular Tynecastle goers, a big number of those who visit the toilets don't know how to use the soap and water to wash their hands. Scaffs! 

No excuses these days as there is always soap hot water and hand dryers particularly in the new stand. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yeah, let's have a future where people's freedoms and futures are determined by scientists. A future where you can't go out and meet people your own age or with same interests. A future determined by people who theorise about what might happen and who are risk averse to the extreme. Let's protect the tiniest minority of the public by restricting lives of the greatest majority.

These scientists have a vested interest in ensuring this pandemic stays at front of public eye as they are coining in billions of £'s for themselves, their research labs and their companies. Would be interesting dilemma if one did discover cure or treatment with no side effects as while that would be a one off big earner, spending years looking for a vaccine is a long term money earner that would tempt a few.

As for everyone else, the normal public, well they are just the muppets who will have to do what Boris, Nicola, and other statesmen say.

Schoolchildren - Wouldn't bother trying to ensure schools stay open because when the kids get to leaving age, there won't be any jobs for them to go into anyway. Lucky few might get something, but majority will have bleak prospects. 

University - No face to face learning, no chance to meet anyone, just stay indoors and learn on computer. If you graduate, no jobs anyway.

Job market - If you have job, work from home and face prospect of paying higher taxes as you need to subsidise the millions who will lose their jobs and have to stay at home. Hospitality industry destroyed, travel industry destroyed, tourist industry destroyed, but never mind, Amazon will give you job delivering stuff until people run out of money to pay for goods.

In meantime, the ultra rich keep earning, politicians secure futures for themselves, and the scientists are rolling in money.

The world has gone to shit.

It has and is going further down the shitter and the amount of people quite happily sitting there watching it happen in front of their eyes is mind boggling. There is no end in sight either. Not this year and not next or until Nicola mibbe tells them it’s safe to crawl about under 3ft. I’m in no doubt they do it and berate anyone not doing the same. 

I can’t believe people were comparing being online is building social skills as opposed to having to leave your house and actually interact face to face etc, build relationships, deal with people it’s not even the same ballpark. 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Cade said:

"they wur gonnae die anyways likes"

So let's cancel the flu shots and winter fuel payments as well then eh?

and pensions.

Aye cos that’s what people are saying👍🏼

24 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It has and is going further down the shitter and the amount of people quite happily sitting there watching it happen in front of their eyes is mind boggling. There is no end in sight either. Not this year and not next or until Nicola mibbe tells them it’s safe to crawl about under 3ft. I’m in no doubt they do it and berate anyone not doing the same. 

I can’t believe people were comparing being online is building social skills as opposed to having to leave your house and actually interact face to face etc, build relationships, deal with people it’s not even the same ballpark. 

Yes good posting . If we have leaned anything from the lockdown and pandemic it’s that human face to contact is vital to everything , in particular our emotional mental well being 

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Most of the time. 😎

Don’t try to bypass any of our rules or you will be temporarily banned from that chat . . . . I will put a screen up 😜

38 minutes ago, Herbert said:

How many of the 3739 would be at the end of life or have multiple health conditions anyway? I bet it would be 99% of them. The government are using this as a way to control everyone using fear, Its like if I get shot in the head and the ambulance has a crash on the way to hospital. I would be a crash fatality even though the gun shot was gonna kill me anyway.

My friends dad was admitted to hospital couple months ago with cancer but apparently got COVID whilst in hospital. His death was register as a COVID death . He was 98 

41 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Whether you agree with lockdowns or not,  the UK government's messaging has been all over the shop.   Flip-flopping like **** between the polar opposites of caution and normality.   The SG has at least retained a much more consistent,  measured and careful overall message.

The trouble with the UK government's collective efforts at messaging is that individual ministers have no qualms in acting and speaking independently according to their own agendas.   No thought is given to attempting to provide a consistent,  coherent message.    People bemoan the SG for being too 'on message' but in this instance,  it's a real asset.

Great summary of what lies ahead

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

My friends dad was admitted to hospital couple months ago with cancer but apparently got COVID whilst in hospital. His death was register as a COVID death . He was 98 

Was it the Covid that killed him? The deaths are only registered as Covid related  if they’ve been diagnosed, that’s why Sturgeon says deaths counted by that measurement, and the real death toll in the U.K. is over 80k as most aren’t diagnosed as having it before they die. 

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It highlights the strength and competence of the two governments and its leader. 

44 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Stop embarrassing yourself 😅

Even by your normal standards this is a cracker. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was it the Covid that killed him? The deaths are only registered as Covid related  if they’ve been diagnosed, that’s why Sturgeon says deaths counted by that measurement, and the real death toll in the U.K. is over 80k as most aren’t diagnosed as having it before they die. 

Good question he had cancer , he was 98 so COVID probably just hastened his death 

57 minutes ago, Herbert said:

If you're right then we can expect a period of fewer than normal deaths before getting back to the normal numbers. 🥴

14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

That's my point. If he was in hospital due to his cancer I assume he was on his way out. So all the covid did was give him a nudge. My grandad died a few months ago of cancer he had it 10years but they put down a blood clot in his leg as cause of death not the fact he was rotten away on a hospital bed riddled with cancer.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic