Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Brighton Jambo
8 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

not true

this is not the time to be complacent.  

Please please please please please please please please please shut up.  

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

how come they are ok to smoke but can't wear a facemask?  smoking will make breathing more difficult too

Did you ask them and if not why not, thought you'd tackled at least 5 people for not wearing a mask, why not this one?

Besides as the research article states around about 25% of asthma suffers smoke.

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

IP, you're a good poster so I don't want to get into a lengthy discussion/disagreement on this with you, but I find it disappointing you make judgements about people's character when there is the high possibility that they have a mental or physical issue that prevents them from wearing a mask. Sorry you feel stressed as a result, but look at this way - the chances of them passing Covid to you are minimal.

To be fair most of the folk I see not wearing masks are schemmies! Schemmies and chavs. Most decent folk wear them so it’s a fair judgement that if someone isn’t wearing one they are a lowlife. I heard one DR say that if you’re out and about in the shops or public transport and you are so ill you can’t wear a mask you shouldn’t be out in the first place as you’re high risk.

Edited by spirt of 98

33 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I get that there are exceptional reasons where folk will be excused from wearing a face covering. It's not a large proportion, though and I really don't think it's reflected in the population of those who go shopping without a covering.  I get it that the valid reasons tend not to be visible but general observation of behaviour suggests that many of those without masks just don't give a crap about others.

I was in a shop yesterday and counted more people without masks than with. If their attitude to ignoring the request at the door to wear a face covering is, "ahhfukkit" then it's reasonable to assume that their attitude to social distancing (hate that phrase), gatherings and so on is also "ahhfukkit" and, therefore, the chance of them carrying the virus is therefore higher which means the chance of them passing it on to me is also higher. So far, I've only challenged three people as to why they get to not wear a mask (in an inquisitive way - I don't want to get into a fight with those disease-ridden fokkers). All three have been self-entitled, arrogant people. You'd almost think they were Old Firm supporters. 

Well said folk with no mask in areas were they are required are scum. 

The Real Maroonblood
48 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It was a lovely off cream skirt / jacket ensemble with some black trimming around the jacket to accentuate her svelte figure.  Very fetching. 

👍😃

15 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

not true

this is not the time to be complacent.  

Deaths are almost negligible, it's exactly the right time to be complacent. 

You surely don't think we should wait till deaths are higher before we get complacent.

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

You having  a laugh?

Are you suggesting there was an abundance of masks around at the time when you were wiping down your shopping? 

11 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

To be fair most of the folk I see not wearing masks are schemmies! Schemmies and chavs. Most decent folk wear them so it’s a fair judgement that if someone isn’t wearing one they are a lowlife. I heard one DR say that if you’re out and about in the shops or public transport and you are so ill you can’t wear a mask you shouldn’t be out in the first place as you’re high risk.

We don't get many 'schemmies' here (thankfully) and I have to say from what I've witnessed first hand since the rule was brought in, is a near 100% compliance, of course I've seen the now well documented folks with them just covering their mouths or pull them down every few minutes etc etc etc. 

But I guess the sentiment is there.

The coffin counter brigade of space cadets will go to literally any lengths to justify the utter shite they speak in order to remain in the comfortable land of denial.

Lockdown measures are a dynamic reaction to rising rates of INFECTION.   Not a reaction to rising numbers of deaths.   Why?   Because deaths occur a number of weeks after infections.   Because waiting to tally up the coffins is too late to achieve the purpose of the measures.

It's no wonder it's so difficult to convince the public of things.   A worrying number of people only believe the things they want to be the case.   

Bookmark until 2 months time and come back with the coffin count.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The coffin counter brigade of space cadets will go to literally any lengths to justify the utter shite they speak in order to remain in the comfortable land of denial.

Lockdown measures are a dynamic reaction to rising rates of INFECTION.   Not a reaction to rising numbers of deaths.   Why?   Because deaths occur a number of weeks after infections.   Because waiting to tally up the coffins is too late to achieve the purpose of the measures.

It's no wonder it's so difficult to convince the public of things.   A worrying number of people only believe the things they want to be the case.   

Your ponificating , condescending  and   arrogant attitude  is nauseating.  You really think your opinion is the end all and be all on this .   

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Infections have been rising for weeks, a couple of months in Spain and France and still no huge death rates like March or April.

The doom mongers need to make up their minds. Are deaths low because they haven't caught up with rising infections, or because it's only young people getting it now?

Those young people must all live on their own and don't have any contact with older people eh?

AlphonseCapone
41 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

I think your right. BJ will tell her to gtf re extending furlough. She knows that and will look to blame him for the economic carnage which will follow.  Its a dangerous game she is playing. Some of my friends are Indy supporters and even they are getting fed up with the nannying Covid policy.   The good news is that if there is no extension to furlough she wont really have any choice to close down businesses etc unless she has completely lost the plot.  The long term economic impact on Scotland will be catastrophic and it will hinder any chance of independence. 

Same, fortunately my mates aren't daft enough to make constitutional decisions on the basis of one person in one specific moment of time. 

1 minute ago, Robbofan99 said:

Your ponificating , condescending  and   arrogant attitude  is nauseating.  You really think your opinion is the end all and be all on this .   

I see a lot of ignorant shite and have called it out.   Put me on ignore and stop crying like a baby.

23 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

We don't get many 'schemmies' here (thankfully) and I have to say from what I've witnessed first hand since the rule was brought in, is a near 100% compliance, of course I've seen the now well documented folks with them just covering their mouths or pull them down every few minutes etc etc etc. 

But I guess the sentiment is there.

I just wear it as it’s intended, over mouth and nose but if you just wear it over your mouth is it maybe just as effective at preventing you from passing Covid to others?

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Infections have been rising for weeks, a couple of months in Spain and France and still no huge death rates like March or April.

The doom mongers need to make up their minds. Are deaths low because they haven't caught up with rising infections, or because it's only young people getting it now?

Those young people must all live on their own and don't have any contact with older people eh?

There's a credible belief that there will be a time lag of an effect to the cause.   Large numbers of younger,  less susceptible people getting infections.   Eventually getting to a point where infection is circulating enough to expose older,  more susceptible people.

I hope to see a situation where these increases in infection can be shown to have caused no great increases of serious disease and death.   It wont be seen for maybe 6-8 weeks or so if if does.    Failing to act until such a time will be too late.    If this theory is correct then we are very much back in a general lockdown.    It doesn't have to be this way.

The Real Maroonblood
29 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Fair comment.

4 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Cases have been at a fairly high level for a month now. Still no sign of deaths (thankfully) 

760B23F0-CFBE-47D0-B457-1518A11777BE.jpeg

Exactly . The doom mongers on this never stop rattling on about infections etc when the death rate is minimal . Their argument is “‘well we have to wait give it a few weeks etc “  yeah well that’s been their argument since July and where are the deaths ? Apparently now we have to “ wait a few months to the coffin count “ meanwhile in the real world people are getting more anxious due to threats about their livelihoods , pubs being threatened with closure , people’s jobs down the Swanny , parents worried sick about childcare if threats to close schools transpires , impact on children’s well being and mental health All threats , threats threats surely the best option is to ask those vulnerable / older to self isolate / shield if they wish and let the vast majority of people get on with life before the economy goes down the swanny too . 

5 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

Exactly . The doom mongers on this never stop rattling on about infections etc when the death rate is minimal . Their argument is “‘well we have to wait give it a few weeks etc “  yeah well that’s been their argument since July and where are the deaths ? Apparently now we have to “ wait a few months to the coffin count “ meanwhile in the real world people are getting more anxious due to threats about their livelihoods , pubs being threatened with closure , people’s jobs down the Swanny , parents worried sick about childcare if threats to close schools transpires , impact on children’s well being and mental health All threats , threats threats surely the best option is to ask those vulnerable / older to self isolate / shield if they wish and let the vast majority of people get on with life before the economy goes down the swanny too . 

Sounds like you are the doom monger to me. 

Sturgeon's power trip reaching Spain now. Staggered return to school and kids over 6 need to wear a mask. She's lost the plot!!!1

Dozens of schools closed in France too. Presumably Sturgeon was on the blower to Macron, nipping his heid. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Sturgeon's power trip reaching Spain now. Staggered return to school and kids over 6 need to wear a mask. She's lost the plot!!!1

Dozens of schools closed in France too. Presumably Sturgeon was on the blower to Macron, nipping his heid. 

:lol:

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Spain and France both hitting 10k cases a day. 

I'm surprised schools are opening at all

Even the UK gvt and members of SAGE have admitted it's looking dicey.   Citing Spain and France as what's coming here unless people get their heads out their arses.   

Let's just hide under the bed though and pretend it's no happening.

Nucky Thompson
9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

That might be the problem. Folk aren't hiding under the bed, they're out partying 

18 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Even the UK gvt and members of SAGE have admitted it's looking dicey.   Citing Spain and France as what's coming here unless people get their heads out their arses.   

Protect the elderly and vulnerable then. Blanket lockdowns are ridiculous. Why should the young not be out enjoying life? It's not like this is going away anytime soon.

jack D and coke
Just now, Back to 2005 said:

Protect the elderly and vulnerable then. Blanket lockdowns are ridiculous. Why should the young not be out enjoying life? It's not like this is going away anytime soon.

It’s like some people are under the impression we’ll just get to the 31st December and it’ll expire and 2021 will be different or something. 
This isn’t going away. We can go full lockdown again and away it’ll go for a few months then come back out and back to square one. Even find a vaccine and half the population will refuse to take it. We’ve backed ourselves into a corner here with no clear way out other than this lockdown nonsense. 
Let people get on with their lives. If you want to live in your house for the next couple of years then fair enough. Let others get on with theirs though. 

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s like some people are under the impression we’ll just get to the 31st December and it’ll expire and 2021 will be different or something. 
This isn’t going away. We can go full lockdown again and away it’ll go for a few months then come back out and back to square one. Even find a vaccine and half the population will refuse to take it. We’ve backed ourselves into a corner here with no clear way out other than this lockdown nonsense. 
Let people get on with their lives. If you want to live in your house for the next couple of years then fair enough. Let others get on with theirs though. 

Exactly. The fact that our freedoms are being taken away should be a concern for everyone in the name of a virus that 99.96% of us will not be impacted by.

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

The elderly can protect themselves though and make their own judgements. They don't need state guidance  although, if they want to help they could order doctors back to their surgeries.  Cases have been rising for weeks and weeks and they are not feeding through to hospital admissions or, thankfully,  deaths. The virus is weaker , which, by all accounts is entirely normal for all viruses. Politicians will not admit that, however,  for fear of the public relaxing even more.  

7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Spot on 👍

7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Nobody would need to stay in their house if we all stuck to the guidelines. 

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Robbofan99 said:

Do you honestly believe the vulnerable and older sections of the community are lording it up the toon or flying over to Beni for a cheap holiday? 

Most of them are actually limiting what small social contacts they already had, you selfish plum. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The elderly can protect themselves though and make their own judgements. They don't need state guidance  although, if they want to help they could order doctors back to their surgeries.  Cases have been rising for weeks and weeks and they are not feeding through to hospital admissions or, thankfully,  deaths. The virus is weaker , which, by all accounts is entirely normal for all viruses. Politicians will not admit that, however,  for fear of the public relaxing even more.  

Utterly selfish and ignorant drivel.

jack D and coke
Just now, Ray Gin said:

Nobody would need to stay in their house if we all stuck to the guidelines. 

I think we mostly all are sticking to guidelines to be honest. I’m just surprised it hasn’t been broken much more I’m really not sure I’d have been so obedient when a bit younger either I’m absolutely hating it now lol. But I’m doing what I have to do. 
I think in the main it’s been pretty impeccably observed. 

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Utterly selfish and ignorant drivel.

Selfish? Ask any elderly person you know whether they prefer to get out and live, get access to GP appts and hospital treatment, or have a state imposed safety blanket wrapped round them by politicians who are full of their own self importance and totally out of touch with real life. We have heard this drivel for weeks now about what may hapoen next week, or the week after. The evidence, a novelty nowadays I admit, is pointing to the virus being weaker than it was earlier in the year. The ignorant obsession with Covid is now causing far more health and economic damage than the virus will ever be capable of.

38 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

How can this be? No masks or no lockdown? 

FB_IMG_1599512866666.jpg

Let's not pretend that Sweden have carried on with their normal daily routines, they just don't seem to need to be told what to do.

Having said that, I wish we could have done the same.

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

That's Renfrewshire, now. Great! 

What does this mean for someone who works outwith Renfrew? Someone at my work comes into work from here each day.

Edited by hughesie27

48 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

What does this mean for someone who works outwith Renfrew? Someone at my work comes into work from here each day.

Wrap him in Polythene when gets in. 🥴

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Selfish? Ask any elderly person you know whether they prefer to get out and live, get access to GP appts and hospital treatment, or have a state imposed safety blanket wrapped round them by politicians who are full of their own self importance and totally out of touch with real life. We have heard this drivel for weeks now about what may hapoen next week, or the week after. The evidence, a novelty nowadays I admit, is pointing to the virus being weaker than it was earlier in the year. The ignorant obsession with Covid is now causing far more health and economic damage than the virus will ever be capable of.

I agree with a lot of your comments but as far as i know there is no evidence to to support your view that the virus is weakening . If the virus has not weakened then older people who missed peak mortality are still strong favourites for death and serious illness unless we maintain some level of lockdown and people behave themselves. Some of the lockdown measures are common sense and not the imposition on freedom that some people claim they are. I don't understand though why general health services are not back to normal. GPs and others seem to be hiding. 

Doctor FinnBarr
50 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Wrap him in Polythene when gets in. 🥴

People pay money for young ladies to do that to them.......so I'm led to believe.

:hartley:

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I think we mostly all are sticking to guidelines to be honest. I’m just surprised it hasn’t been broken much more I’m really not sure I’d have been so obedient when a bit younger either I’m absolutely hating it now lol. But I’m doing what I have to do. 
I think in the main it’s been pretty impeccably observed. 

Bollox. No it isn't. And I'm starting to hope for bad things to happen to some. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic