Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Captain Canada

She's still beating the drum that every case is an infectious one even though it's well known that the PCR tests cannot make the distinction between the detection of live virus particles and dead ones that are being shed from a prior infection. 

This is what happens when you test hardly anyone for months when infection rates were supposedly at their highest and then test on a mass scale.

They have no idea how many people had it previously and no idea how many have it now. Being guided by the science is guesswork at best right now and it's not confined to Scotland. 

Even the BBC reported on this at the weekend: 

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54000629

Edited by Captain Canada

3 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

She's still beating the drum that every case is an infectious one even though it's well known that the PCR tests cannot make the distinction between the detection of live virus particles and dead ones that are being shed from a prior infection. 

This is what happens when you test hardly anyone for months when infection rates were at their highest and then test on a mass scale.

They have no idea how many people had it previously and no idea how many have it now. Being guided by the science is guesswork at best right now and it's not confined to Scotland. 

Even the BBC reported on this at the weekend: 

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54000629

That BBC article says "could" quite a lot.

All the log winded excuses some people are making on here for not wearing a mask 😴

Apart from people that have health problems it's a mix of folk that do not care about other people and the types that would argue with their own shadow. 

It's not exactly a massive sacrifice to wear a mask just grin and bear it. 

55 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

pubs are not essential for anyone.

And with that ridiculous statement, I bid you goodnight and farewell, Sir.

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

All the log winded excuses some people are making on here for not wearing a mask 😴

Apart from people that have health problems it's a mix of folk that do not care about other people and the types that would argue with their own shadow. 

It's not exactly a massive sacrifice to wear a mask just grin and bear it. 

this

48 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

that's not what I am talking about and you know it.

Yea it is. You have form for saying people with disabilities should try to wear masks. You are a disgrace and embarrassment for saying thing like that. You should be utterly ashamed at even hinting at it. Completely selfish imo

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Yea it is. You have form for saying people with disabilities should try to wear masks. You are a disgrace and embarrassment for saying thing like that. You should be utterly ashamed at even hinting at it. Completely selfish imo

I'm talking about people who are just not wearing masks because they don't want to / don't feel like it / don't believe I them - those are the ones who are selfish mate.

5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I'm talking about people who are just not wearing masks because they don't want to / don't feel like it / don't believe I them - those are the ones who are selfish mate.

People have hidden disabilities that isn’t always visible. If it came down to who is more selfish - someone who mask shames people with disabilities or someone not wearing a mask then I know which one is more selfish. 

You are a cretin. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

We not ended this lockdown pish yet? Get it in the bin ffs. 

I just can’t look at Sturgeons coupon listening to her prattling on about this. Lockdowns get them tae ****. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I just can’t look at Sturgeons coupon listening to her prattling on about this. Lockdowns get them tae ****. 

It’s absolute nonsense now and nothing more than a power trip.

A handful of deaths in the past few months and she’s locking huge areas down . She’s lost the plot .

You don't just stop doing lockdowns because folk are a bit bored of them. :rofl: 

Only a handful of deaths means the lockdown strategy is working, it's not a reason to abandon them.

4 hours ago, frankblack said:

We weren't wearing masks from day one because the government didn't want the public buying up all the PPE when they had none for the NHS and other care sectors.

You having  a laugh?

11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

She did have a nice outfit on today... :0 

3 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Peace of mind just the same way as when you were scrubbing and cleaning.Not a dig by the way just how I presume some people are still reacting to this.

Yes I agree there just don't really think there is much a risk outside.  But you have a good point 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

You having  a laugh?

Both government's positions have been all over the place from day 1 because they didn't prepare for a pandemic.  PPE is one example where their excuses for backtracking are not credible.

If they said from day 1 that everyone needed to wear a face mask, don't you think that all accessible suppliers would be out of stock within days?

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

:lol: 

She is doing my fecking brains in though. 

I know. But she's won't jump the shark with this, but they must be close to it. The SNP are really good at PR, they'll be well aware that that they're beginning to get on folks thrupneys, even some of their supporters. 

8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What colour was it?

It was a lovely off cream skirt / jacket ensemble with some black trimming around the jacket to accentuate her svelte figure.  Very fetching. 

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It was a lovely off cream skirt / jacket ensemble with some black trimming around the jacket to accentuate her svelte figure.  Very fetching. 

Have you got your eye on something similar for your next night out :D

1 hour ago, Shanks said:

Natural order(s) easily my favourite poster :clap:

He probably has a sandwich board and walks along Princes Street with " The end is nigh" written on it... :) 

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

Have you got your eye on something similar for your next night out :D

Off creams drains my colour / palor ...  i prefer fire red outfits...far more sexy... :) 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

IP, you're a good poster so I don't want to get into a lengthy discussion/disagreement on this with you, but I find it disappointing you make judgements about people's character when there is the high possibility that they have a mental or physical issue that prevents them from wearing a mask. Sorry you feel stressed as a result, but look at this way - the chances of them passing Covid to you are minimal.

I get that there are exceptional reasons where folk will be excused from wearing a face covering. It's not a large proportion, though and I really don't think it's reflected in the population of those who go shopping without a covering.  I get it that the valid reasons tend not to be visible but general observation of behaviour suggests that many of those without masks just don't give a crap about others.

I was in a shop yesterday and counted more people without masks than with. If their attitude to ignoring the request at the door to wear a face covering is, "ahhfukkit" then it's reasonable to assume that their attitude to social distancing (hate that phrase), gatherings and so on is also "ahhfukkit" and, therefore, the chance of them carrying the virus is therefore higher which means the chance of them passing it on to me is also higher. So far, I've only challenged three people as to why they get to not wear a mask (in an inquisitive way - I don't want to get into a fight with those disease-ridden fokkers). All three have been self-entitled, arrogant people. You'd almost think they were Old Firm supporters. 

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

they could atleast try wearing a visor/scarf.  I think too many people are taking advantage.  I even saw one person claim they have asthma but then went on to have a fag outside the shop.

So are you saying that this person can't have asthma because they smoke, because that's what it sounds like.

In most developed countries ∼25% of adults with asthma are current cigarette smokers.

https://erj.ersjournals.com/content/24/5/822

36 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes I agree there just don't really think there is much a risk outside.  But you have a good point 

Aye don't wear them myself outside either 

7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

So are you saying that this person can't have asthma because they smoke, because that's what it sounds like.

In most developed countries ∼25% of adults with asthma are current cigarette smokers.

https://erj.ersjournals.com/content/24/5/822

how come they are ok to smoke but can't wear a facemask?  smoking will make breathing more difficult too

51 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

It’s absolute nonsense now and nothing more than a power trip.

A handful of deaths in the past few months and she’s locking huge areas down . She’s lost the plot .

not true

this is not the time to be complacent.  

7 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

not true

this is not the time to be complacent.  

She is dangerously out of control now. But she will be held to account soon. 

Brighton Jambo

Here’s my prediction:

The first minister to announce closure of pubs in next few weeks under the guise of caution, stop spread etc.  

This closure will come a few weeks before furlough ends which she knows UK government won’t extend.

This then sets up a huge battle whereby she will claim she doesn’t have the power to borrow to support them and so all the associated job losses are the fault of UK government.

Watch this space....

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Here’s my prediction:

The first minister to announce closure of pubs in next few weeks under the guise of caution, stop spread etc.  

This closure will come a few weeks before furlough ends which she knows UK government won’t extend.

This then sets up a huge battle whereby she will claim she doesn’t have the power to borrow to support them and so all the associated job losses are the fault of UK government.

Watch this space....

I think your right. BJ will tell her to gtf re extending furlough. She knows that and will look to blame him for the economic carnage which will follow.  Its a dangerous game she is playing. Some of my friends are Indy supporters and even they are getting fed up with the nannying Covid policy.   The good news is that if there is no extension to furlough she wont really have any choice to close down businesses etc unless she has completely lost the plot.  The long term economic impact on Scotland will be catastrophic and it will hinder any chance of independence. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic