Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Are there any statistics on how many who have had Covid, have survived but suffered chronic health conditions since?

I know it's not as headline grabbing as deaths but still of importance to the population and the economy.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's going to take a while before the effects of the sharp rise in cases will become apparent.    There's little effect on deaths and ICU admissions right now but the knock-on effects of higher incidence could well be more older people becoming infected from coming into contact with people carrying virus.    I don't expect to see deaths rising much for another 4-6 weeks but more virus circulating is highly unlikely to remain ineffective forever.

If your current comfort blanket is a much smaller percentage of seriously affected cases right now then you're barking up the wrong comfort blanket I'm afraid.

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Robbofan99 said:

Nicky hosting the daily briefing today. Yes that daily briefing which was meant to be just on a Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday. Shes at it. 

1 hour ago, Robbofan99 said:

Her health stooge  is on now going on about people maybe getting infected twice.....ramping up the fear due to lack of daily deaths...pathetic. 

Why are you so triggered? 

15 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

For some reason even though I have you on ignore am still seeing you pish posts. 

if young people are being infected but not getting seriously ill or dying then that is a good thing. Means older folk aren’t being infected as a result and that ultimately the virus is contained. 

you need to clean your pish stained knickers and get over this crusade your on. Fear mongering isn’t a good thing. 

Not true at all

it’s younger people who are getting  it just now.

this is not the time to get complacent 

Ordered 2 reusable masks that meet the requirements including a maroon one.

Hate wearing the things but do so anyway (more so I don’t get a hefty fine if I’m being perfectly honest). 

I hope one day we will be at a point where we don’t have to wear them.

Not sure why nobody “reverse engineers” this

take what we know now about virus, mortality, transmissions, risk factors , treatment, vaccine development and imagine we were back at case 1 in the UK.

What would the government do?

£1million we would not be in the state we are in at present , nor would we have ever had full lockdown.

It just makes no sense .

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I still cant understand why people are going about wearing masks outside? Saw loads of them in Princes street yesterday.

Peace of mind just the same way as when you were scrubbing and cleaning.Not a dig by the way just how I presume some people are still reacting to this.

28 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's going to take a while before the effects of the sharp rise in cases will become apparent.    There's little effect on deaths and ICU admissions right now but the knock-on effects of higher incidence could well be more older people becoming infected from coming into contact with people carrying virus.    I don't expect to see deaths rising much for another 4-6 weeks but more virus circulating is highly unlikely to remain ineffective forever.

If your current comfort blanket is a much smaller percentage of seriously affected cases right now then you're barking up the wrong comfort blanket I'm afraid.

My faith is just in mother nature sorting this out ( virus weakening ) and it has been for a while now.

Edited by vegas-voss

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

My faith is just in mother nature sorting this out ( virus weakening ) and it has been for a while now.

The problem is Mother Nature in the first place

57 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

I would not imagine the production of black pudding involves a sterile practice,😕,

Are you insane. 

Don't go inviting me round for Dinner again. Clarty git. 

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

There's been plenty talk about a so-called weakening virus but very little scientific evidence to underpin it.   There could be a less potent strain more prevalent but no certainty that other,  more potent strains have disappeared.

Social distancing and shielding has got us to where we are/were.    When general prevalence / incidence becomes widespread again,   as it is becoming and will continue to do so,   it's unavoidable that older people and those more susceptible to severe cases of covid will become exposed.    It will be some time yet before we see the effects of the recent rise in infections.

AlphonseCapone
25 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

The problem is Mother Nature in the first place

Mother Nature isn't a problem. 

9 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

If that were the case we wouldn’t need people like Doctor Jambo. 

AlphonseCapone
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If that were the case we wouldn’t need people like Doctor Jambo. 

I didn't say it wasn't a problem for humans Dave. But we're a mere insignificant speck in a miniscule proportion of the universe's life. Mother nature was here before us and will be after.

Besides, if we weren't as keen on destroying said nature we wouldn't be dealing with as many as these viruses as we do. 

27 minutes ago, Victorian said:

There's been plenty talk about a so-called weakening virus but very little scientific evidence to underpin it.   There could be a less potent strain more prevalent but no certainty that other,  more potent strains have disappeared.

Social distancing and shielding has got us to where we are/were.    When general prevalence / incidence becomes widespread again,   as it is becoming and will continue to do so,   it's unavoidable that older people and those more susceptible to severe cases of covid will become exposed.    It will be some time yet before we see the effects of the recent rise in infections.

Your posts have gathered a certain Uruquayan taint to them, a lot of words saying diddly squit, have you moved ?

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I didn't say it wasn't a problem for humans Dave. But we're a mere insignificant speck in a miniscule proportion of the universe's life. Mother nature was here before us and will be after.

Besides, if we weren't as keen on destroying said nature we wouldn't be dealing with as many as these viruses as we do. 

Don’t disagree. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

:spoton:

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Like you I’m heading towards the old and infirm era of my life. My gut feel is that as I get older I’ll likely become more risk tolerant and my focus will be more on doing what makes me feel happy than makes me feel safe. Everyone’s risk balance will be different though.  

I think I am probably a few years ahead of you but agree 100%. To spend what's left of your life worrying about dying seems a terrible waste. Especially in relation to Coronavirus when you are much,much more likely to die of something other than Coronavirus before Coronavirus gets you.

35 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Your posts have gathered a certain Uruquayan taint to them, a lot of words saying diddly squit, have you moved ?

Up ye.

Nucky Thompson

Sturgeon urged to close Scotland's pubs.

The call comes from leading SNP councilor Chris McEleny 

That's going to go down well right enough :lol:

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

We’ll he can gtf.

🍺🍷

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

why not

probably for the best tbh

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

why not

probably for the best tbh

How many outbreaks are connected to pubs?  Looks like at the moment outbreaks are happening around schools, but we can't close them can we?

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

How many outbreaks are connected to pubs?  Looks like at the moment outbreaks are happening around schools, but we can't close them can we?

schools are essential for children.

pubs are not essential for anyone.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Natural Orders said:

😄🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

We’ll he can gtf.

🍺🍷

The SNP's all out assault on alcohol is a joke.

No multi-buys, minimum price and can't by a bottle of wine with your messages until 10am :vangry:

Everyone gets punished because we've got a high proportion of jakeballs 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The SNP's all out assault on alcohol is a joke.

No multi-buys, minimum price and can't by a bottle of wine with your messages until 10am :vangry:

Everyone gets punished because we've got a high proportion of jakeballs 

I agree.

Make Hamilton on full lockdown for ever.

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

IP, you're a good poster so I don't want to get into a lengthy discussion/disagreement on this with you, but I find it disappointing you make judgements about people's character when there is the high possibility that they have a mental or physical issue that prevents them from wearing a mask. Sorry you feel stressed as a result, but look at this way - the chances of them passing Covid to you are minimal.

they could atleast try wearing a visor/scarf.  I think too many people are taking advantage.  I even saw one person claim they have asthma but then went on to have a fag outside the shop.

Nucky Thompson

Another 2948 new positive cases in the UK. Down 40 from yesterday. Woo hoo

Only 3 deaths in all settings, but remember that's because only young people are getting it now :whistling:

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Aye, and those pesky disabled folk in their wheelchairs could try going for a stroll now and again...

From Mind:

There is no clear-cut definition of 'mental impairment' or 'severe distress' in the mask regulations. These terms may cover a lot of different experiences.

For example, you might feel severely distressed or impaired if wearing a mask triggers acute symptoms of a mental health condition, like:

But even if you don't have an existing mental health diagnosis, you might still feel overwhelmingly anxious, distressed or unwell when wearing a mask.

It can be difficult to judge if you feel unwell 'enough' to be excused from wearing a mask. But remember: you are the expert on your own experience.

• If you're not sure, look for a way to make covering your face feel more bearable. Try some of our tips for coping with masks and face coverings, and see if they help. You might be able to lessen your symptoms, so you feel less unwell.
  • If you've tried everything and nothing helpsyou might decide you do have a reasonable excuse for not wearing a mask. That's ok.
  • It might change. For example, you might have better or worse days, times or places. So you might feel exempt sometimes, but not all the time. That's ok too. Use your face covering as much as you are able.

that's not what I am talking about and you know it.

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

She is when you are really old and frail, and a relatively benign virus traverses the globe. 
Not so benign to those nearing the end of their lifespans, or those who have already surpassed it.

23 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

schools are essential for children.

You can't penalise one for the problems in the other, such as schools not forcing kids to wear masks or social distance.

Penalising either again will have serious implications on next year's Holyrood vote.

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You can't penalise one for the problems in the other, such as schools not forcing kids to wear masks or social distance.

Penalising either again will have serious implications on next year's Holyrood vote.

the health of the nation is more important that any vote, and anyone with half a brain will see that.

Just now, Natural Orders said:

the health of the nation is more important that any vote, and anyone with half a brain will see that.

Not if the half a brain that a person has is not the hemisphere that deals with vision.

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

But you are also saying that schools must remain open even if it affects the health of the nation?  Make your mind up - you are all over the place.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

But you are also saying that schools must remain open even if it affects the health of the nation?  Make your mind up - you are all over the place.

should be the last place to close

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic