Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

In what way are they changing it ? 

I would guess anyone who is admitted to hospital after being within 5 miles of a Coronavirus case will be a Covid19 admission.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Poor old Tony. He can't fly around the world topping up his fortune by boring people on an international scale. So restrictions on air travel are unnecessary. 

You'd think he'd have got his teeth fixed by now and I suspect his killer halitosis is is still in play.

Elsie Tanner will be spinning in her grave if she was here now seeing how he sold out his " labour " roots. 

53 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

No wonder there are so many new cases just been to Morrison’s at Hunter Tryst folk are not taking social distancing serious enough. Just walking right past each other not giving a flying F.... 

couldn’t get into the beer section for gimps queueing for the tills. 

There was some mad bird shouting at an Auld wifey for banging into her kids buggy. 

Haha recent shopping trips have been frustrating. Too many Tom Hanks! 

I was in Tesco yesterday and saw a woman, trying to separate the plastic bags you use to put fruit/veg in, lift her mask then proceed to lick her finger before taking a bag and pulling her mask back down. 😯

46 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

In what way are they changing it ? 

At the moment, similar to the way England counted deaths previously, anyone who has had Covid and is now in hospital,  is counted. So, they may have recovered and be in hospital for something completely unrelated, but they are still counted as Covid related.

That number will probably plummet next week. 

20 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

At the moment, similar to the way England counted deaths previously, anyone who has had Covid and is now in hospital,  is counted. So, they may have recovered and be in hospital for something completely unrelated, but they are still counted as Covid related.

That number will probably plummet next week. 

Be interesting to see how much they plummet

manaliveits105
59 minutes ago, Cade said:

400+ conspiracy fuds at the Scottish Parliament the noo

:vrface:

Anti mask demo - just water cannon and rubber bullet them they will be anarchists 

its a feckin Saturday nobody is at Holyrood anyway !

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Anti mask demo - just water cannon and rubber bullet them they will be anarchists 

its a feckin Saturday nobody is at Holyrood anyway !

maybe you should relocate to North Korea..it doesn't happen there

46 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I was in Tesco yesterday and saw a woman, trying to separate the plastic bags you use to put fruit/veg in, lift her mask then proceed to lick her finger before taking a bag and pulling her mask back down. 😯

No real folk are idiots. 

8 minutes ago, Cade said:

Lots of Qanon banners out today

How did the world get so feckin stupit

What's Qanon? Apologies for my ignorance. 

21 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What's Qanon? Apologies for my ignorance. 

A rapidly growing conspiracy theory that believes (get this) that the world is run by a shadowy cabal of paedophile cannibal satan worshippers including bill gates, george soros, the clintons and pretty much every politician in the world and Donald Trump is the only hope for humanity.

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, Cade said:

A rapidly growing conspiracy theory that believes (get this) that the world is run by a shadowy cabal of paedophile cannibal satan worshippers including bill gates, george soros, the clintons and pretty much every politician in the world and Donald Trump is the only hope for humanity.

Sounds legit.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Probably the same fuds bleating about masks as the ones that moan about the govt and facial recognition. 

Nucky Thompson

1813 new positive cases in the UK

12 new deaths in all UK settings

Hospital cases data the same at 756

People in ventilator beds 69 which is 7 less than yesterday

15 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Probably the same fuds bleating about masks as the ones that moan about the govt and facial recognition. 

Yeah because we live in a world where governments dont turn on their own people.

jack D and coke
51 minutes ago, Cade said:

Have you watched that documentary with the Dutch woman? It’s about 3 hours long...

A pretty well balanced mate of mine gave me the link for that claiming his mind was blown. 
My mind was blown about his mind being blown. 
Dear oh ****ing dear :facepalm:

Nucky Thompson

2 Haggerston Castle staff members have tested positive for Covid.

People are losing their shit because they never informed owners and guests and people only found out through the Newcastle Chronical

I don't think they're obliged to inform people?

I was booked into the entertainment venue last night as there was a good live band playing, but the wife made me cancel after reading about it on facebook.

I fecking hate facebook

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I was booked into the entertainment venue last night as there was a good live band playing, but the wife made me cancel after reading about it on facebook.

Telt.

:rofl:

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I've actually done that lol. They wee bags are a nightmare to separate

Governor Tarkin
23 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Have you watched that documentary with the Dutch woman? It’s about 3 hours long...

A pretty well balanced mate of mine gave me the link for that claiming his mind was blown. 
My mind was blown about his mind being blown. 
Dear oh ****ing dear :facepalm:

Link pls m8 thx.

27 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

This shit is exploding again in France and Spain.Spain records highest daily rate on record with over 10k plus 

Cases i presume? Is that how we judge a pandemic?

6 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Cases i presume? Is that how we judge a pandemic?

I dont know is it.I kind of presumed that is how exactly how it is judged.France certainly seems to be judging it that way.

Edited by vegas-voss

4 hours ago, Cade said:

I would imagine very few of them are there because they believe in conspiracies. This is just a label the press use to marginalize anybody that is  standing up to the out of proportion response by the UK and Scottish government. 

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

I dont know is it.I kind of presumed that is how exactly how it is judged.France certainly seems to be judging it that way.

The cases is the new method to scare the public now hardly anyone is dying. Which seems ridiculous to me but heyho..

10 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

The cases is the new method to scare the public now hardly anyone is dying. Which seems ridiculous to me but heyho..

especially since a lot of the ‘cases’ are people testing positive for dead virus. 

Nucky Thompson
18 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

France got 9.000 new infections on Friday, their highest ever daily total. 28 people were admitted to hospital taking the total to just over 4.000.

There were 32.000 people in hospital at the peak in April

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

2 Haggerston Castle staff members have tested positive for Covid.

People are losing their shit because they never informed owners and guests and people only found out through the Newcastle Chronical

I don't think they're obliged to inform people?

I fecking hate facebook

Can't be easy being henpecked. 😕

Nucky Thompson
13 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Can't be easy being henpecked. 😕

It's called being considerate to other peoples feelings on Covid.

I'm easy ozy about it, but I wouldn't expect anyone to do something that they didn't want to do :thumb:

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

France got 9.000 new infections on Friday, their highest ever daily total. 28 people were admitted to hospital taking the total to just over 4.000.

There were 32.000 people in hospital at the peak in April

That's superb.You seem to be wanting to have a fight about it though.Im glad to see those numbers you have said just as I'm slightly alarmed at the other number 👍

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

You seem to be wanting to have a fight about it 

Not at all mate. Sorry it came over like that

Captain Sausage
6 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

That's superb.You seem to be wanting to have a fight about it though.Im glad to see those numbers you have said just as I'm slightly alarmed at the other number 👍

Heres the daily case numbers from Worldometers for France, alongside the French government data for daily hospitalisations. 

Notice how they march nearly perfectly through the peak, however in spite of the ridiculous number of new cases being seen, hospitalisations are only just creeping up. 

Surely we should be focusing on why this seems to be the case? Rather than the constant doom and gloom. 

Is it:

- virus weakening

- only young people being infected

- inaccurate testing

?? Answers on a postcard...

60F3A5BB-F087-4433-9564-4A524CE655F6.jpeg

5F43A174-00AB-44F4-9251-01D5B14F72C2.jpeg

Edited by Captain Sausage

3 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

I would imagine very few of them are there because they believe in conspiracies. This is just a label the press use to marginalize anybody that is  standing up to the out of proportion response by the UK and Scottish government. 

Correct . Press , Govt labelling them loonies , deniers etc when in fact they have not denied there has been a pandemic but now believe the Govt response has to be proportionate to the level of risk . It clearly Isn’t now . 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Just read about that a few minutes ago. Fair play to them for being willing to protest and have their voice heard about something they believe in. Nowt wrong with that in a healthy democracy.

Shame I was working today - would have liked to have headed along if I'd known it was happening.

I went along . I had a stall demonstrating how to safely clean ones messages of any of the virus. I had quite an audience 😂😂😂😂

Captain Canada

I've seen very few people wearing masks correctly. Many are under the nose, lots are constantly fiddled with, I saw one guy sneeze into his then take it off and wipe it on his hands, I've also seen plenty with huge gaps at the top and sides.

There's a wide range of face coverings being used too, from visors and the more medical looking masks through to scarves and snoods. I'm fairly sure they'll all have different levels of protection in terms of number of layers and the size of holes that any viral matter could pass through. 

I also don't think it's realistic for people to use hand sanitizer after each time they take them off or to expect people to only wear them once before washing. 

I'm not judging anyone at all. I think they're a very difficult thing to get used to wearing, even for short periods of time.

A lot of prominent scientists think masks could be potentially increasing the risk of spreading the virus because of the issues above. 

I totally understand why people want to wear them, but I also think it was telling that no evidence was presented by the government as a reason for them to be mandatory. 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Just read about that a few minutes ago. Fair play to them for being willing to protest and have their voice heard about something they believe in. Nowt wrong with that in a healthy democracy.

Shame I was working today - would have liked to have headed along if I'd known it was happening.

Four hundred folk all huddled together with no face coverings might not be so healthy.

If they are consistently flaunting the regulations they must surely be at a higher risk.

Don't suppose they are worried about passing the virus on to elderly relatives.

Selfish ****ers 😠

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

The last resort argument: guilt tripping folk.

Come on, man, 'flaunting regulations'? Governments around the world have been making it up as they go along from the start. The next generations will either pick up on the fear and become pathetic, terrified individuals or look back with scorn and disgust at the actions of the present.

Keep a distance from those who require it, but the rest of the world should be free to go about their lives.

All people are being asked to do is follow sensible precautions.

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

All people are being asked to do is follow sensible precautions.

They haven’t been “ asked “ they have been ordered bit of a difference

Weakened Offender
29 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

They haven’t been “ asked “ they have been ordered bit of a difference

Noone asked you to wash your messages you two-faced hillbilly. 

32 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Noone asked you to wash your messages you two-faced hillbilly. 

Im

hardly a hillbilly lol 😂 

13 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

No real folk are idiots. 

That's just habit. She probably didn't even realise she did it. I half did it right at the start of lockdown, but realised straight away and went to the toilet to wash my hands. I haven't did/done it since. 

7 hours ago, jonesy said:

It's more of a visual 'aid' to remind people that the government are keen to be seen doing something.

I haven't bothered the last few times I've been in a shop, and nobody gives a toss.

Hopefully a fellow non wearer coughs and sneezes all over you. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic