• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dennis Reynolds
55 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Which bit isn't accurate?. Presume you have read it all.

Food rationing?

Mandatory medical procedures?

Shopping times restricted?

Weakened Offender
37 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Just like everyone who hasn't got health conditions or is very old

Yip. Them folks we are looking out for. 

One day you'll be old and/or have a (physical) health condition and we will all look out for you too, Nutty. 😉

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

FB_IMG_1599073523015.jpg

Looks like it’s a 4 way tie between Scotland , Ireland , New Zealand and Australia in a race to the bottom re CV . A race to see which country can over react the most , curtail civil rights and liberties without really analysing the up to date data and not the data from March | April of this year . Absolute madness . 

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

One day you'll be old and/or have a (physical) health condition and we will all look out for you too, Nutty. 😉

I am old. Please don't look.out for me.

Nucky Thompson
Just now, Weakened Offender said:

How do you know that I don't have any health condition now?

You can have a physical health condition and still keep yourself fit and healthy 

56 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Just like everyone who hasn't got health conditions or is very old

Aye, nothing like a good cull now and then, Nucky.

AlphonseCapone
4 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

Looks like it’s a 4 way tie between Scotland , Ireland , New Zealand and Australia in a race to the bottom re CV . A race to see which country can over react the most , curtail civil rights and liberties without really analysing the up to date data and not the data from March | April of this year . Absolute madness . 

You've not actually done any thinking or looking for yourself have you. Astonishing how many believe people a meme online without any thought to check it out. 

15 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Obsessing about Covid has denied the people you think need "looked out for" access to NHS services that some rely on for existing conditions that they suffer from. 

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

How do you know that I don't have any health condition now?

You can have a physical health condition and still keep yourself fit and healthy 

Please don't think for a second that I'm not fully aware that there is something wrong with you. 

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Obsessing about Covid has denied the people you think need "looked out for" access to NHS services that some rely on for existing conditions that they suffer from. 

With no due respect whatsoever, its you who is obsessed about Covid. 

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Please don't think for a second that I'm not fully aware that there is something wrong with you. 

4 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

:D Don't mock the afflicted 

2 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

With no due respect whatsoever, its you who is obsessed about Covid. 

Who "looks out for", in your wee world, the 115k folk who die of respiratory illnesses in the UK each year?? I don't remember special measures being put in place to mitigate the risks there. The truth is, of course, that lockdown and constant negative media and political messaging has successfully convinced a section of society that all of lifes risks must be mitigated. 

3 hours ago, graygo said:

So if pubs are much more controllable what was the point closing the pubs down in Aberdeen for weeks on end? Also why the travel ban and not being able to meet folk indoors? 

What is happening in the west makes sense but only if you ignore the measures taken in Aberdeen because they made none.

Pubs in Aberdeen weren't giving af. They were causing the problem. In Glasgow etc... The pubs are tip top. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Pubs in Aberdeen weren't giving af. They were causing the problem. In Glasgow etc... The pubs are tip top. 

All of them? Doubt it very much and they should have shut down the offending ones not every single one.

9 minutes ago, graygo said:

All of them? Doubt it very much and they should have shut down the offending ones not every single one.

Young ones were going on pub crawls and infecting everyc£&t. 

Edited by ri Alban

Weakened Offender
14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Correct. Some pubs, like Soul Bar, we're taking the piss. Not so funny now though 😁

Dennis Reynolds
34 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

How is Scotland anything like that made up image? 🤣

Weakened Offender
36 minutes ago, LMc said:

How is Scotland anything like that made up image? 🤣

What you have to accept before dipping your toe in the lunatic pool that infests this thread is that there are more than a few posters on here who have no respect whatsoever for their own country. It's not their fault neither, they're brainwashed zoomers who simply are not capable of thinking on their own.

The smallest thing about Scotland is them. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Aye, nothing like a good cull now and then, Nucky.

Correct, red'.

5 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

What you have to accept before dipping your toe in the lunatic pool that infests this thread is that there are more than a few posters on here who have no respect whatsoever for their own country. It's not their fault neither, they're brainwashed zoomers who simply are not capable of thinking on their own.

:rofl:

So you do understand irony after all.

Sorry for doubting you. 

19 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

That's true in many ways! 

12 minutes ago, jake said:

Questions now mainstream on the resources given to covid and the effect on other healthcare.

Science disagreeing on so many aspects.

Mainstream reporting that second wave unlikely. Not quite any hint of balance at the BBC or Sky but you never know...

Meanwhile sturgeon continues moving Scotland on the road to ruin.

50 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Young ones were going on pub crawls and infecting everyc£&t. 

Infected every c£&t?

280 people were infected, that's about 0.1% of the population of Aberdeen yet everyone loses their liberty for 3 weeks. Nobody died, not even sure anyone ended up in hospital never mind ICU.

Mentioned this earlier in the thread and it may be coming true

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/mass-weekly-covid-19-testing-of-population-to-be-trialled-in-england/ar-BB18Eaal?ocid=msedgntp

The UK government is to trial routine weekly Covid testing of the population as part of preparations to head off a possible winter second wave, as the former health secretary Jeremy Hunt called for such tests to become the norm.

Matt Hancock said the government was committing an extra £500m to scale up testing capacity and launch community pilots trialling the effectiveness of repeat testing in schools and colleges, as well as in the population as a whole. It will also ramp up the trials of a new test kit that it is claimed can provide results within 20 minutes.

The boldest measure will be a new community-wide trial in Salford, launching imminently, to assess the benefits of repeat population testing. Initially, the pilot will focus on a specific high-footfall location in the city with retail, public services, transport and faith spaces.

Hunt, who now chairs the health select committee, said the UK should embrace mass population testing. “I would really want to expand the whole testing programme so we can almost get to a point where we are testing the whole population every week,” he said.

“As an intermediate step I’d want to have expanded it by now so that we’re at least testing all NHS staff and all teachers every week, so people can be absolutely confident when they’re using hospitals, when they’re sending their kids to school, that they are coronavirus-free zones,” he said.

“I think this mass testing could potentially be linked to an app on your phone so that you could show people on your phone the last time you got tested.”

Hunt said mass testing was the key tool against the virus before a vaccine was developed. “In fact, if you had population testing there’s no reason why you, theoretically, would need to have social distancing: you could pretty much carry on life as normal because you’d just know that everyone you’d mix with had been tested very, very recently,” he told ITV’s Acting Prime Minister podcast.

The government is also expanding other testing trials, including a pilot of the rapid 20-minute test in Hampshire as part of mobile testing in different settings.

31 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Mainstream reporting that second wave unlikely. Not quite any hint of balance at the BBC or Sky but you never know...

Meanwhile sturgeon continues moving Scotland on the road to ruin.

It’s going back fire on her spectacularly re Independence I think . People are seeing how she would govern  when given free reign over  a devolved power , such as health . I know several Indy supporters who have gone right off her and may change their vote at the next Ref ( if we ever get one) 

17 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Mentioned this earlier in the thread and it may be coming true

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/mass-weekly-covid-19-testing-of-population-to-be-trialled-in-england/ar-BB18Eaal?ocid=msedgntp

The UK government is to trial routine weekly Covid testing of the population as part of preparations to head off a possible winter second wave, as the former health secretary Jeremy Hunt called for such tests to become the norm.

Matt Hancock said the government was committing an extra £500m to scale up testing capacity and launch community pilots trialling the effectiveness of repeat testing in schools and colleges, as well as in the population as a whole. It will also ramp up the trials of a new test kit that it is claimed can provide results within 20 minutes.

The boldest measure will be a new community-wide trial in Salford, launching imminently, to assess the benefits of repeat population testing. Initially, the pilot will focus on a specific high-footfall location in the city with retail, public services, transport and faith spaces.

Hunt, who now chairs the health select committee, said the UK should embrace mass population testing. “I would really want to expand the whole testing programme so we can almost get to a point where we are testing the whole population every week,” he said.

“As an intermediate step I’d want to have expanded it by now so that we’re at least testing all NHS staff and all teachers every week, so people can be absolutely confident when they’re using hospitals, when they’re sending their kids to school, that they are coronavirus-free zones,” he said.

“I think this mass testing could potentially be linked to an app on your phone so that you could show people on your phone the last time you got tested.”

Hunt said mass testing was the key tool against the virus before a vaccine was developed. “In fact, if you had population testing there’s no reason why you, theoretically, would need to have social distancing: you could pretty much carry on life as normal because you’d just know that everyone you’d mix with had been tested very, very recently,” he told ITV’s Acting Prime Minister podcast.

The government is also expanding other testing trials, including a pilot of the rapid 20-minute test in Hampshire as part of mobile testing in different settings.

LOL what 80 years old are going about with the latest iPhones for track and trace ? Some can barely put a mask on correctly . I like the idea of it all but it’s a nightmare to even attempt to roll out .  

36 minutes ago, graygo said:

Infected every c£&t?

280 people were infected, that's about 0.1% of the population of Aberdeen yet everyone loses their liberty for 3 weeks. Nobody died, not even sure anyone ended up in hospital never mind ICU.

Correct bud . Gross over reaction 

Increasingly my main hope is if we get rid of coronavirus and Trump people will stop thinking Janey Godley is funny and she vanishes back to the bottom rung of the comedy scene where she’s been for many years. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Increasingly my main hope is if we get rid of coronavirus and Trump people will stop thinking Janey Godley is funny and she vanishes back to the bottom rung of the comedy scene where she’s been for many years. 

At last someone else who doesn’t find her funny ! She’s awful . She .mostly uses  Crude language to raise a “ laugh”. 

5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

At last someone else who doesn’t find her funny ! She’s awful . She .mostly uses  Crude language to raise a “ laugh”. 

She's pish! 

6 hours ago, Tazio said:

tenor.gif

Weakened Offender
8 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Correct, red'.

:rofl:

So you do understand irony after all.

Sorry for doubting you. 

Your patter is chronic on here. 

If you're thick enough to go abroad during a pandemic, don't greet if the country is suddenly put on quarantine. Either use your common sense by not going, or accept you're so thick and try to enlighten yourself during your self isolation. 

Nothing worse than a Scots Britnatzi and TV airtime. You can see the filth coming from every pour. 

19 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

There is nothing wrong with going abroad atm, you should however be aware of the risks and what may be expected of you in an ever changing situation

Exactly, he got the bite he was looking for though.

Governor Tarkin
55 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Your patter is chronic on here. 

So on a par with yours then.

1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

There is nothing wrong with going abroad atm, you should however be aware of the risks and what may be expected of you in an ever changing situation

Very true . I might be heading to Turkey  at the end of the month but like you say need to weigh up the risks And I’ll only book very near the time of going . 

10 hours ago, graygo said:

Infected every c£&t?

Success for the lockdown then. Nipped it in the bud before it spread to vulnerable people.

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

Christ those videos are chronic aren't they. Absolute facebook boomer patter. 

Governor Tarkin
42 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. 

Oscar nailed it with the part of that quote that you've left out.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Weakened Offender
44 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

😂😂😂

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. 

It’s hysterical how easy the Gov triggers you 😂

I think you'll find it was HIM offering ME square goes on the PMs a couple of weeks ago. 😉

jack D and coke
10 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

You have to wonder about anyone who finds her amusing. I’d imagine finding a lump somewhere would be about as funny. 

20 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Success for the lockdown then. Nipped it in the bud before it spread to vulnerable people.

Just put us all back in lockdown, nobody ever to leave their house again. That'll sort it out. Success!

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

I think you'll find it was HIM offering ME square goes on the PMs a couple of weeks ago. 😉

We've covered that one elsewhere, toots.

I thought with all of the attention you were givin me you might want to get a room. :wub:

Either way you shat it. :)👍

That's my 3rd holiday of the year cancelled due to lockdown. Japan in April, Germany in May and now Parkdean in Nairn wouldn't let a group of us in for out long weekend as we're from Glasgow (don't really blame them) - no refunds for this one.

Punish the people who obey the rules, while the people who caused the spike will continue to break them.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

How do you have a 'square go' with social distancing? Or do you two have to form a bubble 1st then after two weeks you can go at it?

Long swords probably, but I hadn't considered it, it was a romantic tryst I was offering. I suppose the same rules would apply though.

:sadrobbo:

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic