Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

13 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Some prick came onto my site with covid. Possibly shutting the sites. 

What a twit - should be ashamed of themself

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Another 156 cases in Scotland 

not good 

NO deaths. Thats the main stat.  NS mumping her gums today about " taking action"...threatening people's livelihoods and mental health more like.  She's off her trolley. 

3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I'm pretty sure your allowing your political leanings to cloud your judgement here..........

When cases are going up deaths will follow soon enough.

I've been very impressed in general with how compliant the population have been considering the magnitude of sacrifice many were asked to make, however recently I have noticed that social distancing has now been abandoned by many. All weekend I saw my social media fill up with people out and about sitting next to and putting arms round old pals for the reunion selfie. 

People need to remember that the virus is still out there and they should still wash hands and socially distance themselves.

If I've got one big complaint for the SG, it is where is the Track and Trace App?

aye like the deaths from the Aberdeen " outbreak" 5 weeks ago ???

ca3ce5661f36a63d48edf0560b41db87.jpg

18 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

NO deaths. Thats the main stat.  NS mumping her gums today about " taking action"...threatening people's livelihoods and mental health more like.  She's off her trolley. 

No deaths yet and it’s probably because they are mainly younger people who are getting it.

its not good news and it quite concerning 

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

:cornette_dog:

10 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

When cases are going up deaths will follow soon enough.

Do we really know that to be true though?

I was having a quick look at the figures earlier.

Cases in the UK seemed to hit a low point back in mid-July time - around 500 new cases per day; yet we were still averaging about 30-35 deaths per day in the UK at that time.

Since mid-July, cases in the UK have more than doubled, we are averaging about 1,100 new cases per day just now, yet deaths are on average about 10 a day. 

So, since July, cases have more than doubled, yet deaths are only a third of what they were. Obviously worth factoring in there are probably more tests now than there were in July, but even still it does seem a bit odd. 

5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

No deaths yet and it’s probably because they are mainly younger people who are getting it.

No deaths because younger people are getting it and that's "not good news"? 

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

No deaths because younger people are getting it and that's "not good news"? 

precisely. If the cases are rising but nobody is dying then how the **** is that not good news?

Would rather see Covid 19 disappear but if hardly anyone is dying the it just because another virus we can live with. 

8 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Are you disappointed there were no deaths? Are you disputing that unchecked the virus deals cause people to die? Should we have let the virus continue to spread in Aberdeen with no extra measures?

Have you gone back to February and forgotten everything that has happened since then?

Don't be a silly billy ! Im happy there are no deaths and that's the bloody point im making.  Less hospital admissions, no deaths bar 2 in 7 weeks proves the virus is less lethal than it was . Younger people seem to be getting it more  and creating herd immunity. Yes the virus hit its peak March/ April and has gradually withered away.  

5 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

All by itself, with none of our actions helping achieve that at all?

Ofcourse the full lockdown helped but then look at Sweden who didnt lockdown and would still have had the same amount of deaths if they had a full lockdown. Im against another full lockdown as most people are. We cant keep opening and closing pubs etc . Its causing harm to workers in the long term.

33 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

It’s also consistent with some scientists predictions that the virus could become more common again but in a less dangerous form. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Tazio said:

It’s also consistent with some scientists predictions that the virus could become more common again but in a less dangerous form. 

Will the experts on this thread agree with this?

😏

I think deaths will start coming through again unfortunately. 

264 in hospital - 21 more than a week go.

6 in ICU - 5 more than a week ago. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

The problem with lockdown was always unlocking. We were never eradicating the virus, even at the height of lockdown the thing was still circulating about. 

Therefore when you unlock, its inevitable you would increased transmission would be the result . The famed second wave is as much a consequence of unlocking the lockdown as anything. 

Going backwards with lockdown really won’t be a solution to anything. 

What some people are failing to take in imo. It wasn’t going anywhere it was just waiting for us to come out again. 

Surely everyone expected cases and sadly deaths to rise at least a little bit as we came out of lockdown? Completely and utterly unavoidable. I'm surprised it's still relatively low after so long tbh. Clusters are being identified and dealt with locally from the sounds of it which is good. 

10 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Surely everyone expected cases and sadly deaths to rise at least a little bit as we came out of lockdown? Completely and utterly unavoidable. I'm surprised it's still relatively low after so long tbh. Clusters are being identified and dealt with locally from the sounds of it which is good. 

Kids are back at school and students will be going to university so there will be more cases. I am a bit worried that those in charge might be a bit trigger happy with lock downs though. As long as it is kept local and not a collective punishment to businesses that are blameless.

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

What a twit - should be ashamed of themself

He was bounced straight back out by the site manager. He failed the temp test at the gate. Thank feck, I thought the site was in danger. 

Other news, building sites may soon be enforcing face masks at all times. 

7 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

You must be very excited at that thought ? 165 new cases out of a population of 1.14 million !

Don’t be daft mate

it is cause for concern that the numbers of cases are going up again. Anyone in the right night would see that 

11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He was bounced straight back out by the site manager. He failed the temp test at the gate. Thank feck, I thought the site was in danger. 

Other news, building sites may soon be enforcing face masks at all times. 

Bloke turns up for work with a temperature and you call him "a prick with Covid"?

That's a hell of a jump.

Nucky Thompson
Just now, graygo said:

Bloke turns up for work with a temperature and you call him "a prick with Covid"?

That's a hell of a jump.

:lol: I'm always flushing after a night on the drink.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

That's a hell of a jump.

He shouldn’t have turned up at all 

the rules are very clear 

1786A169-5373-4902-801E-AE7F556E8188.jpeg

Edited by Natural Orders

10 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

the rules are very clear 

Would have been more memorable if it stated “Regularly clean your hands”.

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

But hopefully at a level we were now able and prepared enough to manage with track and trace with local lockdown/isolations to stop mass outbreak.  I think we've got there now and are managing things well at the moment. Loads of mistakes made getting here however.......

Well jets hope so and also hope that at every little spike people don’t lose their mind and panic wanting things closed down etc. Maybe it’s weakening and we can start to return to a normal life hopefully. 

I see we have another denier in our midst. :D

Given the relaxation of lockdown and the increased levels of testing, particularly of schoolkids, the infection figures are slightly concerning but not overly so. The problem with this virus is that once it takes off, it can do so big time, so a continued very close analysis of the infections vis-à-vis origins and clusters will have to be carried out, with the finger on the local lockdown button just in case.

In other words, Nicola is probably like this at the moment:

hoooold-hold.jpg

Edited by redjambo

29 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

the rules are very clear 

That's for phase 2, have you got a phase 3 one?

5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

It’s the same rules 

I'm not taking your word for it, I'll wait till I see a phase 3 poster thank you very much.

Just now, Natural Orders said:

Don’t act like a twit mate 

What? I want it in A4 so that I can have them around the house to remind everyone what we need to do to avoid catching the nasty virus.

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You're weird. 

Ummm no

i was just letting people know our first minister of the country is doing an update soon 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Natural Orders said:

Ummm no

i was just letting people know our first minister of the country is doing an update soon 

As I said, weird. 

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Update from Nicola soon about the expected restrictions on Glasgow shortly 

The restrictions are going to extend all the way to Hamilton I heard

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

What? I want it in A4 so that I can have them around the house to remind everyone what we need to do to avoid catching the nasty virus.

i thought it was because of your old man eyes struggling to read it at that size

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Viruses dont want to kill their hosts.

Viruses are part of our evolution.

Who knows what this one will maybe gift us ?

Pasquale for King

Three local authority areas, West Dunbartonshire, East Renfrewshire and Glasgow told not to meet others in their houses. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic