Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

12 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

1715 new positive cases in the UK. 

Only 1 death in all UK settings though 

764 people in hospital with 60 in ventilator beds. That seems to be lower

Hopefully we'll have no one in icu quite soon. A week of no covid anything, is a very good day for a right good bucket. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

doctor jambo
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Even tho I received feck all, I don't minfmd if my tax went up an extra 5 to 7 percent for a year or 2.

I too got feck all, and a tax rise should be used for job creation for those affected by all of this, NOT as an electoral bribe for the pensioners AGAIN.

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

I too got feck all, and a tax rise should be used for job creation for those affected by all of this, NOT as an electoral bribe for the pensioners AGAIN.

Of course!

doctor jambo
6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Of course!

And I say all of that as believer in low taxation. Happy to pay for job and wealth creation and benefit rises, not to continue the Boomer gravy train. The young need help .

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

That's a belter! But is it an original or a copy? 

Looks like an Airfix model.

11 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

One death in uk Sunday , > 1700 tests = 0.1 % mortalityy

Not read the whole thread yet so might have been answered but 1700 tests seems very low to me even for a weekend.

Edit: Got it now, it's positive cases.

Edited by graygo

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, Brian Dundas said:

There are plenty of normally sane people expressing the same views at the moment as him, Icke, QAnon and those willingly displacing Facist flags etc at that rally. You would think that being on the same side of the argument as those people would make you question if you were correct or not.

It's so incredibly annoying. Any time you bring up facts that disapprove their manic ramblings, it's just the NWO controlled media/universitys/scientists etc. Apparently all of these sources are incorrect but some crackpot forensic psychologist is now a world leader in virology. Madness. Got told Snopes is just a government vehicle for disinformation.

There is a march planned for this Saturday in Edinburgh as well.

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Well returned to the gym this morning. It wasn’t too bad temp check when walked in. Mask to be worn at all time except when exercising, Equipment to be cleaned prior to use with loads of equipment.

A few machines etc to remove to aid social distancing, 

Whilst, a couple of staff have been given the mask nazi’s role, who weren’t shy in enforcing the rules. Someone walked from cables to get a drink from their water bottle A distance of less than 2m. Resulted in some staff member shouting mask repeatedly at the person. 

It was a bit quieter than previousMy. Less older people, it’s was more your meat heads and gym bunnies today. 

All in all good to be back and it was certainly nice to lift for real. Legs tomorrow and squat rack, the thought of it has already got me consumed by the fear😄

Hamstring pulled - NAP

AlphonseCapone
29 minutes ago, LMc said:

It's so incredibly annoying. Any time you bring up facts that disapprove their manic ramblings, it's just the NWO controlled media/universitys/scientists etc. Apparently all of these sources are incorrect but some crackpot forensic psychologist is now a world leader in virology. Madness. Got told Snopes is just a government vehicle for disinformation.

There is a march planned for this Saturday in Edinburgh as well.

Conspiracy theories are the new religion. They aren't meant for those capable of reasoned thought. 

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Nae The Jam? 

Aye, and the Pogues, most all the things in my record collection.

Captain Sausage

How the **** is the triple lock still going? :lol:

It makes no sense - inflation vs interest rate is fair enough, but the arbitrary 2.5% is straight theft. 

Scandalous. 

29 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

How the **** is the triple lock still going? :lol:

It makes no sense - inflation vs interest rate is fair enough, but the arbitrary 2.5% is straight theft. 

Scandalous. 

Coz the old dears all vote blue

simple as that

160 new case. 14 in Dundee. 69 Glasgow and Clyde.
Percentage of positive tests still below 1 

248 in hospital 

0 deaths. 

Indoor gatherings are a problem as these are the source of some of the smaller clusters. 

Edited by Boy Daniel

doctor jambo
46 minutes ago, Cade said:

Coz the old dears all vote blue

simple as that

Labour backed it did they not?

Jambo 4 Ever
4 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

160 new case. 14 in Dundee. 69 Glasgow and Clyde.
Percentage of positive tests still below 1 

248 in hospital 

0 deaths. 

5 in ICU which is 4 more than this time last week 

Governor Tarkin
33 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I’m in my mid 40’s I don’t ever expect to receive a state pension. 

Snap.

doctor jambo
50 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It cause old people vote in much greater numbers than other demographics. Irrespective of the party.  Its political suicide to break the triple lock as you will have pissed off a huge amount of folk. 

What pensioners would be likely to vote for a party who broke the triple lock?

I personally think it needs broke but I do think it will be the thin edge of the wedge in relation to state pensions. State pensions are very likely to go or at the very least become means tested in medium term.  

Their has been massive effort by the government to move pension responsibility from state to individual. Requirement to take personal pension, increase state pension age, removal of age restrictions for working, incentives. 

It’s something longer term the country will struggle to afford. I’m in my mid 40’s I don’t ever expect to receive a state pension. 

Or TV license, or free travel, or winter fuel allowance, or in fact being allowed to retire at all

43 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

You’ll be able to retire whenever you want. Just won’t be state funded🤷🏻‍♂️

In the main we’re an asset to the state when working and a liability when not. 

On the bright side you’ll be able to look on as future generations get even more taken away from them🙈

So will national insurance contributions be refunded for those contributing towards their retirement for a number of decades?

The idea that state pensions will be abolished or the triple lock broken would mean electoral suicide.

Back to 2005
4 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Conspiracy theories are the new religion. They aren't meant for those capable of reasoned thought. 

Seems to me the ones that believe everything the likes of Sturgeon tells them are the ones not capable of reasoned thought. Now just because you are questioning the politicians and MSM does not make you a conspiracy theorist.  But the MSM will use lines such as conspiracy theorists to try and marginalize people who are only standing up for their basic freedoms. It's a cheap and obvious card to play and of course the people who take everything Sky News tell you as gospel lap it up as it reassures them. 

Back to 2005
2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

5 in ICU which is 4 more than this time last week 

Thousands of cancer patients still not getting treatment. 

Nucky Thompson
4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

it’s was more your meat heads and gym bunnies today. 

What category did you fall into BJ :D

doctor jambo
23 minutes ago, frankblack said:

So will national insurance contributions be refunded for those contributing towards their retirement for a number of decades?

The idea that state pensions will be abolished or the triple lock broken would mean electoral suicide.

Of course not, we are all aware that our NI pays for current pensions, and that there is no "pot" of money being put aside for outselves.

The triple lock is a ridiculous concept.

"no matter what is happening to the economy, those already not contributing will continue to get wealthier, by any of the three means we have put in place"

Just now, Natural Orders said:

Not everyone knows this 

You are not making yourself look particularly clever and appear to be trolling.

doctor jambo
Just now, Natural Orders said:

Not the point 

It is the point for those being killed by things other than Covid.

The Internet

I don't know the stats and figures behind the cancer thing but replying to that post with 'not the point' is absolutely amazing banter. 

Back to 2005
8 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Not everyone knows this 

How have they managed to avoid it? Tips for this appreciated!

24 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Of course not, we are all aware that our NI pays for current pensions, and that there is no "pot" of money being put aside for outselves.

"no matter what is happening to the economy, those already not contributing will continue to get wealthier, by any of the three means we have put in place"

I realise there is no pot of money put aside for ourselves.  However, the people don't live forever, especially if they get put in care homes. :veryangry:

As for the triple lock, I'm not sure what your argument is.  If people have contributed the required amount to qualify for a state pension they have earned the right to take it.

Jambo 4 Ever
17 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You are not making yourself look particularly clever and appear to be trolling.

Umm no 

Nicola asked if we could spread the word to those who don’t watch it too 

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Umm no 

Only following orders?

Francis Albert
22 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Not the point 

It is for the thousands of cancer patients who aren't getting treated. 

Back to 2005
10 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Umm no 

You on first name terms? 😂

Francis Albert

When I first saw the FACTS thing posted I thought for a moment the "Avoid Crowded Places" order had been rescinded and crossed out.

Jambo 4 Ever
12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

When I first saw the FACTS thing posted I thought for a moment the "Avoid Crowded Places" order had been rescinded and crossed out.

HAh it does look that that at first glance 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Insofar as UK pensions are low compared to other countries it is a way of correcting that over time.

And why do you assume pensioners don't contribute? Can I get a rebate on the tax I have paid since retiring?

Having said that it is ridiculous that I get free bus and train travel in London with my Freedom Pass and get a winter fuel allowance. But the same could be said for my ability to see my GP for free (if their surgery was open, which it still is not).  

Back to 2005
34 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Umm no 

I would expect watching it to be made compulsory soon.  How dare we ignore the lovely Nicola! 

On 16/08/2020 at 14:57, Back to 2005 said:

How could a piece of cloth be "faulty "? Unfortunate truth is that masks will eventually cause you health issues as you are not breathing in clear air and the bad air cannot escape so you are re -infecting yourselves.

Not breathing in clear air? Bad air cannot escape?

:vrwow:

You read some absolute pish on the internet, but this is up there with the worst.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic