Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Come on it has barely been mentioned in the media and I have posted about it maybe half a dozen times. Why does drawing attention to it seem to upset you? Do only lives taken by Coronavirus matter?

Can't imagine why your local GP left the country when you requested a face to face consultation.

Thought I'd bring that up again to save you the effort. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

No backlog here in the South East, I include London. Working in 2 Hospitals this morning, everything back to normal and I'd to congratulate the government for doing a fantastic job..........and paying my invoices in double quick time. Superb.

No NHS backlogs in London? Really? 

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

If she stops it gives the impression that there is no longer a threat and there's a risk that many more folk will get complacent. 

Indeed. I'm still appreciative of the journalists' questions too - the government, no matter who is in power, should always be held to account. We're in a new phase now of opening back up but learning to cope with the inevitable clusters, so it's too early to stop the briefings. There is no party politics involved in my opinion - I would believe the same no matter which party was in government.

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, graygo said:

You asked if she had mentioned it often, you claim to have mentioned it half a dozen times on this thread so I pointed out that she has mentioned it less than you have.

The bit in bold isn't worthy of a response.

If she has mentioned the collateral damage done by coronavirus and the response to it  less than 5 times in her daily briefings then that is disgraceful. if so it suggest a dangerous obsession and lack of perspective.

Edited by Francis Albert

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

No NHS backlogs in London? Really? 

Hospitals in and around the area doing a fine job, great staff moral as well, really doing a fantastic job in difficult times aided by the Government.

Makes you proud to be British.

28 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If she has mentioned the collateral damage done by coronavirus and the response to it  less than 5 times in her daily briefings then that is disgraceful. if so it suggest a dangerous obsession and lack of perspective.

4 times =   :seething: 

5 times =  tenor.gif?itemid=12036669

32 minutes ago, weehammy said:

You could have added that she seems not to have heard of delegation. Is there nobody else in the SNP who could tell us there have been no deaths for a month?

Wouldn't be nippy enough if anybody else did it. It has to be the bossy wee woman in charge to maximise the seethe from the yoons.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Wouldn't be nippy enough if anybody else did it. It has to be the bossy wee woman in charge to maximise the seethe from the yoons.

:lol:

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Surely she wants to get some of the yoons to turn to gnats for the cause of Independence. No good if she makes them seethe.

You were a yoon a couple of years back were you not?

5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

"Pretty much returning to normal in stages" so as I said still rationing access for the time being. And then there is the small matter of the backlogs. 

I got a letter during the height of the pandemic about my routine bowel cancel screening, assuring me that the labs were stilll operating. I read at the same time that there is a 6 month waiting time for a colonoscopy due to the pandemic. If your test is positive the chances are a colonoscopy will show it is not bowel cancer but  waiting six months to find out is not exactly appealing. There are huge backlogs for other processes and treatments. 

A paper submitted to SAGE estimated 16,000 had died by 1st May due to delays and non-access to medical care and estimated another 26,000 would die by the end of March. "Returning to normal" will take a long time. None of this attracts the sort of banner headlines that one positive test for Coronavirus in one bar does in a country where no-one has died of the virus itself for 6 weeks.. 

Yes the wards are starting to return back to normal, treating the conditions which they were meant for and not soley treating Covid patients.

I never mentioned nothing about backlogs or waiting lists, which will take years to get through, if they'll ever be able to catch up.

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Surely she wants to get some of the yoons to turn to gnats for the cause of Independence. No good if she makes them seethe.

You were a yoon a couple of years back were you not?

The ones who seethe about her being on the telly to update the nation during a pandemic are too dug in to turn. 

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The ones who seethe about her being on the telly to update the nation during a pandemic are too dug in to turn. 

Aye, I suppose.

The only reason I'm in the house with the telly on is because the weather is so pish and I can't get any work done 

Nucky Thompson

Smoking has been banned in the streets and public places in Spain in response to Covid spikes.

I wouldn't complain if the same happened here 

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

Smoking has been banned in the streets and public places in Spain in response to Covid spikes.

and vaping. nothing worse than some absolute fud puffing on their strawberry/cherry/mint (insert random flavour) nicotine steam and then breathing it out for you to have to smell or waft away as it comes towards you. 

Unknown user
7 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Was it not something to do with the Debenhams board, think Ashley was willing to buy them out completely but the board refused or weren't willing to resign and let Ashley take over 100%.

Remember thinking at the time that the writting was on the wall for them because there wasn't anybody else apart from Ashley willing to put money into them to stay afloat, and so it looks like that was the case.

Yeah there was something like that, he tried to do his usual move of providing credit IIRC so he could get his hooks in and was told to piss off wasn't he?

What's the lag since the Aberdeen outbreak? Couple of weeks?

Have we seen the increase in critically ill we were told was a certainty on the back of that?

Hopefully it never comes 🤞

15 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Spain are having a 'mare. Daily cases up to 7550, rapidly approaching the number of when the virus was at its peak back in March (9159).

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Have we seen the increase in critically ill we were told was a certainty on the back of that?

If there are no hospital admissions then it would indicate that the track and trace + local lockdown strategy works well. :) 

37 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It started  on July 26th 

Nucky Thompson

Only another 3 deaths in all UK settings.

713 positive cases out of 170,000 processed tests, the first time in a week that has been under a thousand 

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

She won't need to mention the " collateral" damage just now but give it 6 months and Scotland will be in an economic shithole, certainly after furlough ends . In regards to the economy she's basically Nero fiddling while Rome burns, as is Johnson I may say. 

27 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

If there are no hospital admissions then it would indicate that the track and trace + local lockdown strategy works well. :) 

NO it doesn't it means that the virus has lost its virulence or only attacked younger people, who basically felt they had the " sniffles" and got on with their day  

1 minute ago, Robbofan99 said:

NO it doesn't it means that the virus has lost its virulence or only attacked younger people, who basically felt they had the " sniffles" and got on with their day  

It means it was stopped in its tracks before it was passed on to the more vulnerable members of society. That's a win for track and trace.

Edited by Ray Gin

8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Only another 3 deaths in all UK settings.

713 positive cases out of 170,000 processed tests, the first time in a week that has been under a thousand 

3 deaths from a population of 56,000.000 . Whats the panic about then ? 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

It means it was stopped in its tracks before it was passed on to the more vulnerable members of society. That's a win for track and trace.

and a loss for those whose businesses are closed again...

8 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:pleasing:

Twelve of us went to Mother India last Saturday night. They sat us at two tables of six. The service was great and the food was :pinnila:. We were all sat outside that 56°North for a few refreshments in the sunshine before we went for a feed. Again two tables of six.

I'm not entirely convinced by the mask thing either but it's no great hardship to play along. See with just a wee bit of thought and consideration life can be pretty much normal. We all had a great time.

Glad you enjoyed your night, jake. We should all plan on making the most of it as responsibly as we can before they shut us all down again. 👍

8 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:pleasing:

Twelve of us went to Mother India last Saturday night. They sat us at two tables of six. The service was great and the food was :pinnila:. We were all sat outside that 56°North for a few refreshments in the sunshine before we went for a feed. Again two tables of six.

I'm not entirely convinced by the mask thing either but it's no great hardship to play along. See with just a wee bit of thought and consideration life can be pretty much normal. We all had a great time.

Glad you enjoyed your night, jake. We should all plan on making the most of it as responsibly as we can before they shut us all down again. 👍

I did enjoy it.

Love eating out and having a few.

And the good thing about getting older is learning to do that in the right company.

It's so beneficial .

And I can always harmlessly have a wee episode on here.

😁

Stick in Guv

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Spain are having a 'mare. Daily cases up to 7550, rapidly approaching the number of when the virus was at its peak back in March (9159).

But hospitalisations and deaths at a fraction of the numbers from back then. That tells us all we need to know

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

But hospitalisations and deaths at a fraction of the numbers from back then. That tells us all we need to know

Deaths are starting to rise. 

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Deaths are starting to rise. 

12 deaths on Friday, the last time data was released 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

12 deaths on Friday, the last time data was released 

73 on the 10th

3 on the 11th 

0 on the 12th

26 on the 13th

12 on the 14th.

As we can see the deaths are up and down..actually not on the rise if you see the numbers...

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

73 on the 10th

3 on the 11th 

0 on the 12th

26 on the 13th

12 on the 14th.

As we can see the deaths are up and down..actually not on the rise if you see the numbers...

July was pretty much down at a few a day for the entire month. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

What panic?

Correct, there only seems to be one group panicking as far as I can see.

I got sent this by a friend who took it at Belfast Airport last night by the way, security were telling them to squeeze up, there was no need for social distancing here.

This type of scene are why things will tighten up again.

FB_IMG_1597681118656.thumb.jpg.02164b19545dc1c0d56636dd77942f18.jpg

12 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

July was pretty much down at a few a day for the entire month. 

But compared to the 900 or so a day, during the peak, they are only suffering a fraction of the hospitalisations and deaths.

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

But compared to the 900 or so a day, during the peak, they are only suffering a fraction of the hospitalisations and deaths.

It's hard for people to look at the data and except that it's weakening when governments or scientists won't say anything for fear of complacency.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Robbofan99 said:

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Hopefully both are true.

23 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's hard for people to look at the data and except that it's weakening when governments or scientists won't say anything for fear of complacency.

It's a very realistic fear, tbf.

JudyJudyJudy
38 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

That surely means its weakening...? 

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Less old/at risk people still alive to catch it.

Yes that's good for herd immunity too. Its amazing how one/ two  words can twist a statement.  

1 minute ago, Robbofan99 said:

Yes that's good for herd immunity too. Its amazing how one/ two  words can twist a statement.  

:cornette:

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Less old/at risk people still alive to catch it.

You know when the posters on this are getting desperate to evidence their arguments when they start to highlight  other countries stats to underpin their arguments for a continuation of the lockdown or localised ones.  Unfortunately for them the pattern of admissions / deaths are similar around Europe. 

Nucky Thompson
12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's a very realistic fear, tbf.

Totally agree mate, but if the deaths stay low especially in Autumn and Winter then surely they'll change tack 

Back to 2005
20 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Were 6 million in those pubs? Or 10,000?

Of course there are tests. 

So you are saying that there is a test specifically for covid 19? 

Nucky Thompson
Just now, Back to 2005 said:

It surely must be or everyone with a common cold or flu would test positive. 

Sturgeon wants to get the covid testing ramped up in the Winter to distinguish between them all

Nucky Thompson
15 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

The PCR test looks for the presence of genetic material from the Covid-19 virus within a swab or saliva sample.

I would say it's specifically for Covid-19 

Back to 2005
20 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The PCR test looks for the presence of genetic material from the Covid-19 virus within a swab or saliva sample.

I would say it's specifically for Covid-19 

From NHS site -

The test is not 100% accurate; at present it is thought to detect approximately 70% of coronavirus infections. A negative test does not mean that you stop self-isolating if you have coronavirus symptoms. Tests are completely voluntary.

seems to say it just detects for coronavirus not specifically covid 19.

3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Indeed. Also encouraging that of 200 people none of them have died. Pretty good odds. Weakening virus or healthier hosts than before? 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic