Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

OMG...you've been consumed by this Covid thing. It's truly taken over. Apologies for intruding on your obsession.  I really hope both your keyboard, and you ,recover. 

You need to try stopping making a complete tit of yourself. You have now gone from being more knowledgeable on covid 19 than leading experts are to babbling vacuous, pointless drivel. 

Take a look across this thread, if you do that you will see I rarely post on it at all, far less than you do in actual fact.

Thus I have to return the advice, hope you get over this obsession and your fantasy of viral expertise. Pointing out you're talking utter shite isn't an obsession. I'm already bored with it but i'm sure you will be here obsessing long after I lose interest.

Try not listening to Trump.  I never do. That tends to help.

Or, alternatively, continue educating/entertaining all and sundry with your self proclaimed viral knowledge. Garnered from bouts of thinking for yourself while entirely ignoring the experts.

I expect someone will pass it on to Dr Fauci etc. Who doesn't know this virus is going away.

Contrary to the opinions of you and that other world renowned expert on absolutely everything Donnie Trumpo.

19 times Trump said the coronavirus would go away

But obviously don't listen to this idiot.

Live updates: Fauci says states with major outbreaks should ‘seriously look at shutting down’ again

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

I never even mentioned covid, I spoke of "diseases that plagued our ancestors" and further mentioned bubonic plague as an example. But if it's covid you want to talk about aids still bears no comparison in terms of an ability to infect a population.

An estimated 3 million Americans have been infected by covid in a matter of months with over 200,000 dead and that's with the likes of lockdowns etc being in place trying to prevent the spread.

They're not and never were wandering around Walmart or going to work worrying about catching aids. If you don't get the difference there is nothing else anyone can say to you. I suspect most rational people instantly see the difference which is major.

And as for covid on the way out what planet are you on? Must be planet Trump.

Tell you what, you need to get in touch with Dr Fauci, the top virologist in their nation and give him the benefit of your expertise. Because he has no idea this is on the way out. 

If he agrees after listening to your expert advice then I will agree too. Until then you're talking utter shite  and I have not a clue why. It's frankly bizarre.

👏👏👏

Francis Albert
38 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Forgive me if I think that some non entity on a football forum thinking for himself is talking utter shite. When the top virologist in the US is saying they could be heading towards 100,000 new cases a day.

Again, what planet are you on? Planet Trump?

Incidentally if you become ill don't go to an exert. What do they know? Just think for yourself.

And if you think it's bizarre that I wouldn't give a flying **** what a non entity on a football forum thinks in comparison to what a world leading expert is saying that's even more bizarre.

Hey, I was thinking for myself today, pulled this pearl of wisdom straight out of my self thinking arse. Issac Newton, an expert I wouldn't listen to because hey who listens to experts, thinks that gravity is an attractive force.

Bullshit, it's a result of invisible magic leprechauns pushing everything down to the ground and tying magical lassos between orbiting objects. Hows that for thinking for myself? No doubt you give it some credibility because it doesn't come from an expert. They know jack shit. Right?

You're becoming wacko like throwing around claims that anybody at all desires to see the worst possible scenario for this virus. When all they're doing is listening to the experts and ignoring the uneducated babble of football forum non entities.

How many others heads are you inside by the way? Aside from Trumps? Get out of that particular head because that's certain crazyville territory. 

You are accusing someone of becoming wacko? Really?

Talking on a football forum about a nonentity on a football forum is a sure sign that wackiness has taken full hold.

Enzo Chiefo
6 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

You need to try stopping making a complete tit of yourself. You have now gone from being more knowledgeable on covid 19 than leading experts are to babbling vacuous, pointless drivel. 

Take a look across this thread, if you do that you will see I rarely post on it at all, far less than you do in actual fact.

Thus I have to return the advice, hope you get over this obsession and your fantasy of viral expertise. Pointing out you're talking utter shite isn't an obsession. I'm already bored with it but i'm sure you will be here obsessing long after I lose interest.

Try not listening to Trump.  I never do. That tends to help.

Or, alternatively, continue educating/entertaining all and sundry with your self proclaimed viral knowledge. Garnered from bouts of thinking for yourself while entirely ignoring the experts.

I expect someone will pass it on to Dr Fauci etc. Who doesn't know this virus is going away.

Contrary to the opinions of you and that other world renowned expert on absolutely everything Donnie Trumpo.

But obviously don't listen to this idiot.

Live updates: Fauci says states with major outbreaks should ‘seriously look at shutting down’ again

Now I know how Mr Benn felt all those years ago. I've taken a wrong turn and walked into the weird, wacky world of an American election campaign. Awesome. Bye.

10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

You are accusing someone of becoming wacko? Really?

Talking on a football forum about a nonentity on a football forum is a sure sign that wackiness has taken full hold.

Really now. Someone who says I don't listen to experts I think for myself then pontificates on a global pandemic while talking utter rot contrary to expert opinion is not qualification for being a bit wacko?

Who then veers off into rambling about an obsession with a topic he obsesses over far more than I do? I can spend weeks taking no part at all in this topic. How obsessive is that? Getting the absurdity here?

And anyone who simply listens to these experts rather than the non educated wackiness is the one who is a bit wacky? Peculiar concept considering it probably encompasses the majority of the population.

Maybe i'm a complete wacko. Since I also consider flat earthers moon hoax nuts and others as wackos too.

And incidentally when it comes to the science of this pandemic we're all non entities here. That includes me but then I don't claim any pseudo knowledge to. 

12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Now I know how Mr Benn felt all those years ago. I've taken a wrong turn and walked into the weird, wacky world of an American election campaign. Awesome. Bye.

Again, that's entirely you falling into Trump election absurdity, he, and you, are the ones claiming the virus is going away. While what I accept as more credible is the opinion of the experts the world over which is entirely unrelated to any US election.

Continue.  Awesomely.

Maybe time for a coronavirus Scotland thread and separate rest of world discussion?  Been single figure infection and death for a while here it’s barely worth discussing.  Delighted how well we have managed to control it here. 

Georgecowie

I assume the leprechaun's get a day off on St Patrick's day. How come everything doesn't just float off then? 

Enzo Chiefo
6 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Again, that's entirely you falling into Trump election absurdity, he, and you, are the ones claiming the virus is going away. While what I accept as more credible is the opinion of the experts the world over which is entirely unrelated to any US election.

Continue.  Awesomely.

I started off correcting you about your assertion that it "spreads through the population like wildfire". It doesn't. Despite the "experts", like Neil Ferguson,  telling us it would infect up to 80% of the population, it hasn't . Closer to 1%. He was clearly ,and not for the first time, talking pish. 

I was referring specifically to Scotland, where we are close to eradicating it and to the rUK where the figures are heading to that point too.

You started your inane ramblings about Trump, name checking him in every other sentence. Some experts think it may well mutate and disappear and there is evidence that it may well be less virulent now than it was. It may become endemic and we live with it as we do the common cold. We may need a vaccine. We may not. Who knows?  Even in the States, using your 3 million cases, higher than the official stats, that equates to only 0.9% of the population.  Experts, of whom there appear to be increasing numbers willing to throw in their tuppence worth, and politicians need to dial down the rhetoric and put this virus in perspective with all the other illnesses and risks in life. I hope that's clear.

McDonald's set to collect a cool £100 million, come January. 90% of their employees on furlough who were coming back anyway, will help them cash on on said windfall. 

:smugger:

And wetherspoons a nice wee £43m. 

Edited by ri Alban

11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I started off correcting you about your assertion that it "spreads through the population like wildfire". It doesn't. Despite the "experts", like Neil Ferguson,  telling us it would infect up to 80% of the population, it hasn't . Closer to 1%. He was clearly ,and not for the first time, talking pish. 

I was referring specifically to Scotland, where we are close to eradicating it and to the rUK where the figures are heading to that point too.

You started your inane ramblings about Trump, name checking him in every other sentence. Some experts think it may well mutate and disappear and there is evidence that it may well be less virulent now than it was. It may become endemic and we live with it as we do the common cold. We may need a vaccine. We may not. Who knows?  Even in the States, using your 3 million cases, higher than the official stats, that equates to only 0.9% of the population.  Experts, of whom there appear to be increasing numbers willing to throw in their tuppence worth, and politicians need to dial down the rhetoric and put this virus in perspective with all the other illnesses and risks in life. I hope that's clear.

Let me correct you,  when I referenced spreading like wildfire I made no mention of covid-19, I was talking of bubonic plague, so you need to open your pseudo expert eyes and demonstrate an ability to read and absorb.

In reality I don't know how quickly this could spread if unrestrained, because i'm not an expert and it hasn't been unrestrained. And outside your self thinking fantasy bubble your not an expert euither. Try grasping that.

As for Scotland yes Scotland has done well With a massive months long lockdown which prevented the spread. Is that penetrating the pseudo expert bubble??

Are you so far gone you can't comprehend that infections would have been massively greater without that lockdown? That's the 80% infection scenario they predicted.

I have seen zero expert opinion that this thing will just disappear and that we may not even need a vaccine. From any experts but that idiot Trump and you.

"We may need a vaccine. We may not. Who knows?"

I saw the Trumpet say exactly the same thing on a video. You're clearly at his level of wackiness. Is that your go to expert? The Trumpet? An expert who wondered about the efficacy if drinking disinfectant. 

And you have provided no alleged experts who back this utter shite up. None other than you and you effectively quoting the alpha Trumpet in fact. Nothing but Trumpet style babble akin to 'some people say' 

You need to get it into your head that when it comes to pandemic sciences you can't just think for yourself and come up with anything but worthless nonsense. It's the very reason we have experts across all sciences rather than self thinkers like you.

I hope that's clear. 

And here we have the Trumpet backing you up in a Washington Post video.

Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, Morgan said:

You’re laughing because you’ve seen her, aren’t you?  🤷🏿‍♂️

Honestly, you’ve no idea.

Think Big Daddy.  Multiply by two.  We’re close now.

She’s greedy with money too.

Big Daddy x2? Ooft. 

Jambo 4 Ever
6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Enjoyed my final wander around the aisles of Waitrose last night. 

Any indication from Nanny-in-Chief how long this latest infringement on civil liberties is going to be ‘mandatory’ or are they continuing to make it up as they go along?

Until there is a vaccine hopefully 

29 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Any indication from Nanny-in-Chief how long this latest infringement on civil liberties is going to be ‘mandatory’ or are they continuing to make it up as they go along?

glad someone else sees this for what it is.

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The official numbers are just the people who have been tested. The true number will be considerably higher (2.85 million was the estimate in late May).

Why do you think the infection rate may not have been as high as feared? Nothing to do with the entire country being in lockdown for months, I suppose.

Edited by Ray Gin

Салатные палочки

36 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Mandatory vaccine next.  We'll all get a wee certificate saying we have been a good little serf and we can produce it at the door of Asda when we're going for a pint of milk.  

What a time to be alive.  

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Why do you think the infection rate may not have been as high as feared? Nothing to do with the entire country being in lockdown for months, I suppose.

I suspect the infection rate may have been higher than feared pre-lockdown.

I base this purely on anecdotal evidence and the fact that I don't trust the authorities (the Chinese or ours) to be totally honest with us about when Covid went international and arrived in the UK.

I was set for one of those antibody tests until they were pulled. Hopefully something else becomes available soon, although I recognise that this seems to be no longer a priority on account of the relative success of the half-arsed lockdown - especially in Jockland.

highlandjambo3
18 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Just a few observations that I've made over the last week or so.

Seen people wearing face masks, which cover their mouth only and leave their nose exposed, or are so loose you can see their face from side on, one whose mask was so loose that when she moved her head the mask followed about a second later :laugh: or the old guy who pulled his mask down everytime he spoke to his wife, little point wearing a mask if it's pulled down every few seconds when you speak.

But by far the worst was the guy who pulled his mask down, put his hands up to his face and sneezed into his hands, looked at his hands and proceded to wipe them on his jeans :cornette_dog:  and then pulled his mask back up over his face, minging barsteward, I just hope he wasn't away to Asda/Tesco and handiling tins and packets of food with those same minging hands.

There really does need to be some education regarding this issue, maybe a new government advert.  I used to run a catering business and spent some time in college doing a food handling course WOW, what an eye opener when it came to the cross contamination part.  Since then I’ve always been extremely wary of clean hands (not to the point of obsession), grates me the non contact hand flush systems and auto soap dispensers in public toilets but, oh wait, you need to then handle the door to get out 😂😂.  The only logical way to do this is to open the door handle with your hand protected and covered I.e. glove, tissue, antibacterial wipe etc........never seen anyone do this ever when vacating a public toilet.........but anyway, your hands are only as clean as the next surface you touch, door handle, elevator button, tin of soup in the supermarket etc...etc...

Gloves......don’t get me started.....I cannot recall anyone ever using latex gloves the correct way, personally I only ever used these in catering when I was cleaning /sanitising then off they came and back to hand washing often.

Who'd have thought....cleanliness and hand washing would have stopped this virus from spreading.

15 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Mandatory vaccine next.  We'll all get a wee certificate saying we have been a good little serf and we can produce it at the door of Asda when we're going for a pint of milk.  

What a time to be alive.  

I’ll be getting vaccinated but see if they make it mandatory I’ll think twice about it. 

JudyJudyJudy
8 hours ago, Shanks said:

Maybe time for a coronavirus Scotland thread and separate rest of world discussion?  Been single figure infection and death for a while here it’s barely worth discussing.  Delighted how well we have managed to control it here. 

Exactly my thoughts . Let’s just concentrate on what’s happening in Scotland and England as this effects us more . Unfortunate what’s happening. In the US but let them get out of that mess . As for posters going on about listening to the “ experts “ I Donr know about others but I’ve lost complete faith in them as any new “ evidence “ about the virus is contradictory , Do masks work ? Is the virus airborne for 6 hours or more , will there be a second wave ! Etc etc . There are all different   opinions . What we do know for certain is the virus is rapidly disappearing in Scotland . The stats prove this . So let’s be positive ! 

wow serious meltdown, maybe another early sign of infection?

we need more thinking for ones self IMO (ref:  gov tarkin)

oh and :rofl: 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Well said . I have just wrote a similar post 

Governor Tarkin
53 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

We need more posters being triggered. Surely......

Absolutely, but there's a time and a place for munching down on that sweet, sweet bait.

This sort of early morning rage should be reserved for Mondays - or Tuesday morning after a bank holiday at a push. To be this wound up on a Friday with the prospect of some weekend sunshine and beer garden or two just isn't healthy.

Of course, I'm not certain as to the time zone or geographical location of our impassioned comrade, but the Trump seethe would suggest somewhere far to the west of chilly Jockland - so I may be jumping the gun with the above.

My general point stands, though.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

😬 Bit early to be this triggered, tbh. 

There's some strong coffee being consumed this fine morning.

JudyJudyJudy

The constant ramblings about Trump are not relevant to us . I lived in America for a time { Houston ) and I noted they are a very insular inward looking country who don’t give a lying f about any other countries and hardly have any knowledge about anything out of the USA . I recall I was frequently asked when I said I was from Scotland many would say “ what part of England is that ?” !! Ofcourse there are some intellectuals in the USA and knowledgable people so I don’t want to over generalise . 

The Real Maroonblood
39 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Exactly my thoughts . Let’s just concentrate on what’s happening in Scotland and England as this effects us more . Unfortunate what’s happening. In the US but let them get out of that mess . As for posters going on about listening to the “ experts “ I Donr know about others but I’ve lost complete faith in them as any new “ evidence “ about the virus is contradictory , Do masks work ? Is the virus airborne for 6 hours or more , will there be a second wave ! Etc etc . There are all different   opinions . What we do know for certain is the virus is rapidly disappearing in Scotland . The stats prove this . So let’s be positive ! 

I’ll use my own expertise on this virus which is zilch just like the experts on Kickback.

I’ll use good old fashioned common sense.

A bit guidance from the SG and I’ll do the rest.

Horatio Caine
33 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Absolutely, but there's a time and a place for munching down on that sweet, sweet bait.

This sort of early morning rage should be reserved for Mondays - or Tuesday morning after a bank holiday at a push. To be this wound up on a Friday with the prospect of some weekend sunshine and beer garden or two just isn't healthy.

Of course, I'm not certain as to the time zone or geographical location of our impassioned comrade, but the Trump seethe would suggest somewhere far to the west of chilly Jockland - so I may be jumping the gun with the above.

My general point stands, though.

Where is Jockland??

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

:rofl:

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’ll use my own expertise on this virus which is zilch just like the experts on Kickback.

I’ll use good old fashioned common sense.

A bit guidance from the SG and I’ll do the rest.

Same . 

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Where is Jockland??

Tacked on the the north edge of Engerland.

Has been since somewhere in the Silurian period - resulting in the Caledonian Orogeny.

Many of its inhabitants would like to see it drift away again, although they're quite keen to retain the remnants of the orogeny. Good for tourism, you see.

Horatio Caine
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Tacked on the the north edge of Engerland.

Has been since somewhere in the Silurian period - resulting in the Caledonian Orogeny.

Many of its inhabitants would like to see it drift away again, although they're quite keen to retain the remnants of the orogeny. Good for tourism, you see.

Ah right.  Never knew that.  Thanks.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

Ah right.  Never knew that.  Thanks.

🍻👍

Unknown user
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Wanting the state to make driving tests mandatory every 5 years and complaining about the nanny state seem like odd bedfellows.

OmiyaHearts

People have had the decency to wear masks in other countries for years, when they are ill, or it's flu season. Some of the abuse my wife has had to deal with today already, serving people in Caffe Nero, it's a disgrace. Given a large majority of coffee customers are arseholes anyway, these anti-maskers are a new breed of aggressiveness.

I imagine its arseholes like some of the posters above, who are giving her grief for it. Like it's the Barista or Nero who made the decision.

She is however, looking forward to refusing to serve these idiots from tomorrow. Some guy said to her today 'I'll be here Monday and you better give me my coffee, mask or not'. I wan't to be there when she tells the tit to GTF.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Grates me the non contact hand flush systems and auto soap dispensers in public toilets but, oh wait, you need to then handle the door to get out 😂😂.  The only logical way to do this is to open the door handle with your hand protected and covered I.e. glove, tissue, antibacterial wipe etc........never seen anyone do this ever when vacating a public toilet.

A gentle push on the arm of the self-closing mechanism at the top of the toilet door is generally enough for you to get your foot in and open it that way.

The wee pile of loo roll often found behind the door on the bog floor of pubs is usually me. 👍

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

McDonald's set to collect a cool £100 million, come January. 90% of their employees on furlough who were coming back anyway, will help them cash on on said windfall. 

:smugger:

And wetherspoons a nice wee £43m. 

Didn't get any furlough mate?

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

People have had the decency to wear masks in other countries for years, when they are ill, or it's flu season. Some of the abuse my wife has had to deal with today already, serving people in Caffe Nero, it's a disgrace. Given a large majority of coffee customers are arseholes anyway, these anti-maskers are a new breed of aggressiveness.

I imagine its arseholes like some of the posters above, who are giving her grief for it. Like it's the Barista or Nero who made the decision.

She is however, looking forward to refusing to serve these idiots from tomorrow. Some guy said to her today 'I'll be here Monday and you better give me my coffee, mask or not'. I wan't to be there when she tells the tit to GTF.

She may end up making them wear the coffee.

highlandjambo3
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

A gentle push on the arm of the self-closing mechanism at the top of the toilet door is generally enough for you to get your foot in and open it that way.

The wee pile of loo roll often found behind the door on the bog floor of pubs is usually me. 👍

Unless your 4ft 4 🙁

OmiyaHearts
6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

She may end up making them wear the coffee.

She's been tempted many times. Breaks my heart to hear the stories when she comes home from work.

Food thrown at her, had drinks thrown, been physically attacked, junkies in the toilets, OF fans trying to smash her windows. The last thing retail workers need are idiots having a go at them for this. But those idiots don't care, they somehow think wearing a mask to protect others, when in a shop, is the worst thing that can happen.

edit: add to that, due to cost cutting, Nero now have baristas on lone working (without a lone working device). That's after there's been 3 separate stabbings all within 100m of her shop, in the last few weeks.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

18 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Didn't get any furlough mate?

No, bud, worked right through and now back on site. Looking forward to my tax rebate coming through. 

Oh and my Mrs bought a kitten yesterday. Didn't expect my lab to bond with the wee thing so quickly. Thick as Thieves, already. 👍

Just thought I'd tell you that. :D

Edited by ri Alban

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

No, bud, worked right through and now back on site. Looking forward to my tax rebate coming through. 

Oh and my Mrs bought a kitten yesterday. Didn't expect my lab to bond with the wee thing so quickly. Thick as Thieves, already. 👍

Things are going well then. Good Health and happiness to you and the family 🐈

The mask wearing moaners could easily pay the £60 fine, if they're so fond of their rights. Never mind everyone else's right not to catch Covid.

6 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Things are going well then. Good Health and happiness to you and the family 🐈

Same to yersel, bud. :cheers:

Shanks said no
2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Until there is a vaccine hopefully 

and if no vaccine is found? 

JudyJudyJudy
13 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I never even mentioned covid, I spoke of "diseases that plagued our ancestors" and further mentioned bubonic plague as an example. But if it's covid you want to talk about aids still bears no comparison in terms of an ability to infect a population.

An estimated 3 million Americans have been infected by covid in a matter of months with over 200,000 dead and that's with the likes of lockdowns etc being in place trying to prevent the spread.

They're not and never were wandering around Walmart or going to work worrying about catching aids. If you don't get the difference there is nothing else anyone can say to you. I suspect most rational people instantly see the difference which is major.

And as for covid on the way out what planet are you on? Must be planet Trump.

Tell you what, you need to get in touch with Dr Fauci, the top virologist in their nation and give him the benefit of your expertise. Because he has no idea this is on the way out. 

If he agrees after listening to your expert advice then I will agree too. Until then you're talking utter shite  and I have not a clue why. It's frankly bizarre.

15085014.jpg

53 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

She's been tempted many times. Breaks my heart to hear the stories when she comes home from work.

Food thrown at her, had drinks thrown, been physically attacked, junkies in the toilets, OF fans trying to smash her windows. The last thing retail workers need are idiots having a go at them for this. But those idiots don't care, they somehow think wearing a mask to protect others, when in a shop, is the worst thing that can happen.

edit: add to that, due to cost cutting, Nero now have baristas on lone working (without a lone working device). That's after there's been 3 separate stabbings all within 100m of her shop, in the last few weeks.

Shocking that. What area if you don't mind sharing?

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

A little pussy.

👍😀

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic