Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

A punch I didn't throw.

I never said you did, I was saying why I commented in the first place. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

I heard Jean trot out that excuse - Tories Bad not oor fault - Freeeeeeedom .

yep. I read an article yesterday that stated scotland has the worst drugs death in Europe and our total is also larger than the other 3 uk nations as a collective. How the hell does a nation of roughly 6 million people have more drug related deaths than a combined population  of around 60million from 3 other neighbouring nations?? I then checked unemployment and it seems Scotland also has the highest rate of unemployment from all the UK nations. When you add in the fact anyone earning over 24k a year is taxed higher than the rest of the UK youve really got to wonder wtf the SNP are doing, especially when anyone earning less than 24k is approximately £10 A YEAR better off than the rest of the UK. What an insult to lower earners that policy is. If your going to tax middle incomes more then the least you should do is ensure the people that need to benefit most actually do!!  

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

There is a shortage of grocers daughters in politics nowadays unfortunately. 

:yas:

SwindonJambo
25 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

It already did the minute cummings took a 60mile round trip whilst driving his car to 'test his eyesight 😂😂😂😂

It did indeed. That was truly pathetic. It shows that Cummings is fireproof. He clearly has something on the PM. Actually lots of things I imagine.

Greedy Jambo

I'm no buying a face mask, if they want me to wear one the government can post one through my door, I pay those clowns enough money as it is. 

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

So, what's the latest on the Covid-19 pandemic?

:whistling:

Europe = ****ed in places.

England = ****ed in places.

US of A = ****ed everywere. 

Brazil = Totally ****ed.

Russia = Not as ****ed as we should ideally like it to be.

China= Way more ****ed than they're letting on.

Jockland = 👍 Pubs open tomorrow 👍

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Europe = ****ed in places.

England = ****ed in places.

US of A = ****ed everywere. 

Brazil = Totally ****ed.

Russia = Not as ****ed as we should ideally like it to be.

China= Way more ****ed than they're letting on.

Jockland = 👍 Pubs open tomorrow 👍

No change then.

Apart from the pubs are not opening in Jockland tomorrow, beer gardens are though. 😁

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, graygo said:

No change then.

Apart from the pubs are not opening in Jockland tomorrow, beer gardens are though. 😁

If the beer garden is attached to the pub then that counts as the pub for me, graygo, and so they are open from tomorrow. 

Allow me this one fantasy, please. :(

Please :(

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

If the beer garden is attached to the pub then that counts as the pub for me, graygo, and so they are open from tomorrow. 

Allow me this one fantasy, please. :(

Please :(

Some pubs (with beer gardens) are open.

That do you? 👍

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Some pubs (with beer gardens) are open.

That do you? 👍

*and breathe out...*

Jambo 4 Ever
25 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

I'm no buying a face mask, if they want me to wear one the government can post one through my door, I pay those clowns enough money as it is. 

Well you won’t be welcome in a shop or on public transport 

Greedy Jambo
6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Not really arsed to be honest, not been on public transport in years and there's always click & collect or delivery. 

5 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

yep. I read an article yesterday that stated scotland has the worst drugs death in Europe and our total is also larger than the other 3 uk nations as a collective. How the hell does a nation of roughly 6 million people have more drug related deaths than a combined population  of around 60million from 3 other neighbouring nations?? I then checked unemployment and it seems Scotland also has the highest rate of unemployment from all the UK nations. When you add in the fact anyone earning over 24k a year is taxed higher than the rest of the UK youve really got to wonder wtf the SNP are doing, especially when anyone earning less than 24k is approximately £10 A YEAR better off than the rest of the UK. What an insult to lower earners that policy is. If your going to tax middle incomes more then the least you should do is ensure the people that need to benefit most actually do!!  

One example, just so you and your like can understand the drugs death number in Scotland, compared to England and elsewhere. 

Say, You! Have a wee doobie and decide to accidentally take a close up of the number 10 Bus, that in Scotland is a drugs death. In England, that is fatal Road accident. 

Oh, and ever countries unemployment figures are a bit high just now, Scotland's employment figures are high too. 

As for the high tax, Boo fecking Hoo. I'd pay a lot more tax, no problem for very good services. 

Edited by ri Alban

Australia closes state Border between NSW and Victoria. NY has also done this. And Leicester has been locally shut. Yet, Scotland better no dae that!  

5 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Not really arsed to be honest, not been on public transport in years and there's always click & collect or delivery. 

Enjoy your click and collect shopping. I'm sure you'll get some groceries with more than 1 day best before date. Not! 

£4 for a washable mask or a pack of 10 disposable masks. Or you could just wear a scarf for 10 minutes while you shop or have a pint. That's right, pubs and football will be mandatory too. 

10 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Maybe not, but educated to a reasonable level. I can't think of any UK Education Secretaries over the years who have stated that things "have went (sic) on (like that for years).....". There is a clear dearth of intellect at Holyrood

Yeah, cause I've got is tremendous grammar. 

7 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

I’m on train as we speak going to work,  it’s empty but more people without masks on than there is wearing one 

7 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

7 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Not buying face coverings, never on public transport, click collect or delivery and avoiding crowded spaces. Your emergence from lockdown will be dull, maybe thats how you like it? 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, theshed said:

I’m on train as we speak going to work,  it’s empty but more people without masks on than there is wearing one 

Well they should all be ashamed

selfish ignorant twits - the lot of them!!

Genuinely baffled that grown men are getting in a stooshie over wearing a wee bit of cloth over their coupons on public transport or in shops. 

Just put a mask on. Its no difficult. You can take it off again and it'll not last forever. 

BuT mY FreeDOMs aRe BeiNG EroDed - says man who lived in China ffs :jj_facepalm:

9 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

Is it not 1%? 

For info - if you earn £100k then you will be about £50 a month better off in England. 

What would you spend such a tremendous amount of money on? 😄😄😄

Jambo 4 Ever
5 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Genuinely baffled that grown men are getting in a stooshie over wearing a wee bit of cloth over their coupons on public transport or in shops. 

Just put a mask on. Its no difficult. You can take it off again and it'll not last forever. 

BuT mY FreeDOMs aRe BeiNG EroDed - says man who lived in China ffs :jj_facepalm:

I know - it’s really quite shocking!!

they are the selfish idiots though so probably no helping them 

they probably think they are big and hard by rebelling too! Twits 

4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I know - it’s really quite shocking!!

they are the selfish idiots though so probably no helping them 

they probably think they are big and hard by rebelling too! Twits 

They just want attention sad little idiots.

Jambo-Jimbo
9 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Seen a report on Sky News from Texas by Alex Crawford.

She was getting dogs abuse from members of the public for wearing a mask, she was accused of doing the 'Deep States' bidding because it was all a plan by the 'deep state' to take away our freedoms and control us, oh and MAGA, no wonder America is fecked.

Harry Potter
15 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Is it not 1%? 

For info - if you earn £100k then you will be about £50 a month better off in England. 

What would you spend such a tremendous amount of money on? 😄😄😄

A hostel for the homeless, the guy that started the big issue 29 years ago was on sky news, seems a genuine caring person,

anyway the big issue will be out today from sellers who will be masked up and wearing gloves, i always give to this needed cause.

Governor Tarkin
21 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It's the principal that nothing has changed here, yet we are expected to comply with the rules which have been designed for the cities.

Just wish a lot of these city folks respected the countryside code and take their litter home with them or stop setting hills on fire by the reckless use of BBQ's and the other real biggy of actually shutting a gate after them.

:spoton:

9 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

I saw someone with a Capital City Service face mask on today. 💩

What a twit. He should be ashamed of himself.

The Real Maroonblood
36 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Some are probably that ugly wearing a mask was doing them a favour.

been here before
9 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Why not get a brightly coloured one. Might help to make your attention seeking even easier.

Francis Albert

My London borough now has 0.6 new cases per day per 100,000 people. So there are about 2 cases a day in a population of nearly 350,000. Is there any logical or indeed sane basis for people walking down the street with masks on and leaping onto the road or into someone's driveway when approached despite even the old 2m rule being at no risk of being breached? (The idea that they are doing this to protect me I find far fetched). Or driving with their mask on. Or even wearing a mask in the local shops which only admit one or two people at a time or local buses which now have a maximum occupancy of 8 and typically no more than 2 or 3. Irrational fear induced by ignorance of risk (which the sight of masks tend to exacerbate) is I am sure now doing more damage to the health of people in this borough than coronavirus.

Edited by Francis Albert

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

My London borough now has 0.6 new cases per day per 100,000 people. So there are about 2 cases a day in a population of nearly 350,000. Is there any logical or indeed sane basis for people walking down the street with masks on and leaping onto the road or into someone's driveway when approached despite even the old 2m rule is at no risk of being breached? (The idea that they are doing this to protect me I find far fetched). Or driving with their mask on. Or even wearing a mask in the local shops which only admit one or two people at a time or local buses which now have a maximum occupancy of 8 and typically no more than 2 or 3. Irrational fear induced by ignorance of risk (which the sight of masks tend to exacerbate) is I am sure now doing more damage to the health of people in this borough than coronavirus.

Can’t do any harm and could potentially save lives so yes - you must wear a mask 

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

My London borough now has 0.6 new cases per day per 100,000 people. So there are about 2 cases a day in a population of nearly 350,000. Is there any logical or indeed sane basis for people walking down the street with masks on and leaping onto the road or into someone's driveway when approached despite even the old 2m rule is at no risk of being breached? (The idea that they are doing this to protect me I find far fetched). Or driving with their mask on. Or even wearing a mask in the local shops which only admit one or two people at a time or local buses which now have a maximum occupancy of 8 and typically no more than 2 or 3. Irrational fear induced by ignorance of risk (which the sight of masks tend to exacerbate) is I am sure now doing more damage to the health of people in this borough than coronavirus.

I agree with all off this, its nonsense the way some folk are still reacting. However, the current government in England haven't shown much gumption or leadership so far. Best to just kick through the next couple months, stop worrying about it, wear a mask and the soon this is all over then we can get back to worrying about something else. 

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Can’t do any harm and could potentially save lives so yes - you must wear a mask 

I pointed out an example of harm to people's mental health due to totally irrational fear which masks are both a symbol of and exacerbate. There is also physical harm through people being afraid to go to hospital or GPs (if the GP even allows you to visit). 

Fortunately masks are only advisory here. 

Jambo-Jimbo
15 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Will people be allowed to smoke in beer gardens?

hope not 

The law is still the same as before as far as I know, so yes people will still be allowed to smoke in beer gardens.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The law is still the same as before as far as I know, so yes people will still be allowed to smoke in beer gardens.

As long as they wear a face mask.

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Will people be allowed to smoke in beer gardens?

hope not 

I'll be puffing on my Col Hans Landa style pipe and Old Holborn, and possibly a bong.

I assume you'll be the one drinking through your face covering with a straw.

See you there. 👍

1400w.jpeg

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'll be puffing on my Col Hans Landa style pipe and Old Holborn, and possibly a bong.

I assume you'll be the one drinking through your face covering with a straw.

See you there. 👍

1400w.jpeg

Why are you joking about something like a facemask that can save lives?

do you joke about wearing seatbelts too?

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:spoton:

What a twit. He should be ashamed of himself.

Twits everywhere at present. 

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Australia closes state Border between NSW and Victoria. NY has also done this. And Leicester has been locally shut. Yet, Scotland better no dae that!  

One can only assume that nanny Nicola been on the phone nagging at them like they are children.

Jambo 4 Ever
5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

One can only assume that nanny Nicola been on the phone nagging at them like they are children.

Why do you have to be so rude about her?

she’s done a great job at keeping the numbers down

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Why are you joking about something like a facemask that can save lives?

do you joke about wearing seatbelts too?

All the time.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Why do you have to be so rude about her?

she’s done a great job at keeping the numbers down

Has your sarcasm detector broken?

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

My London borough now has 0.6 new cases per day per 100,000 people. So there are about 2 cases a day in a population of nearly 350,000. Is there any logical or indeed sane basis for people walking down the street with masks on and leaping onto the road or into someone's driveway when approached despite even the old 2m rule being at no risk of being breached? (The idea that they are doing this to protect me I find far fetched). Or driving with their mask on. Or even wearing a mask in the local shops which only admit one or two people at a time or local buses which now have a maximum occupancy of 8 and typically no more than 2 or 3. Irrational fear induced by ignorance of risk (which the sight of masks tend to exacerbate) is I am sure now doing more damage to the health of people in this borough than coronavirus.

I have seen the fear in some peoples eyes and if anything it's getting worse instead of getting better, I've seen people cross the street so as to avoid someone walking on the same pavement, the irrational fear some are putting themselves through can't be good for them.

I think too many people have forgotten the fact that Covid-19 is just one of a thousand other things which you can die from.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic