Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I was giving the total numbers from the week before as a comparison. But feel free to take as something else. 👍

James asked since last week.

Since being the key word.

:P

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brighton Jambo

Really nice to see some positivity on this thread with people talking about holiday plans and getting away.  A sure sign things are getting back to normal.  

Four weeks and we are going across to stay with my parents in North Berwick for a week.  The kids are beyond excited and I will admit I can’t wait either.  My folks have offered to take the kids for a weekend at the end of that week so the wife and I can get a couple of nights away up in Edinburgh.  I don’t think I have ever accepted an offer quicker!  

trying not to think to much about it as it’s still four weeks away!! 

Jambo-Jimbo
17 hours ago, jonesy said:

Full lockdown? Folk were out and about doing more exercise than they’d probably done in years. Tons of folk were at work, either from home or in a safe way on site. That wasn’t lockdown. That was a half-baked, panicked response by governments in London and Edinburgh who shortly thereafter realised they’d screwed everyone’s future by crashing the economy. 

Exactly, it was lock-down in name only here in the Borders, I could go out for a walk as often as I liked and I often did.

Had more chance of bumping into these guys than meeting another person.

image.jpeg.531efaff314906d4553a51c22c52bd90.jpeg

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Exactly, it was lock-down in name only here in the Borders, I could go out for a walk as often as I liked and I often did.

Had more chance of bumping into these guys than meeting another person.

image.jpeg.531efaff314906d4553a51c22c52bd90.jpeg

:rofl:

I thought at first Aberdeen supporters.

KyleLafferty

People moaning and refusing to wear face masks for an hour tops is embarrassing. There is nurses, doctors and other key workers having to wear them for 10-12 hour shifts. Grow the **** up, bunch of bairns.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

People moaning and refusing to wear face masks for an hour tops is embarrassing. There is nurses, doctors and other key workers having to wear them for 10-12 hour shifts. Grow the **** up, bunch of bairns.

This.
Horrendous conditions to work under.

See on twitter someone shared that everyone boarded plane heading to a beach holiday. First thing the all did was take their masks off. 

There's no checks when they come back either. Then straight on to public transport. 

I will be gobsmacked if there isn't a second wave.. 

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Still some on the buses not wearing one, wots that all about.

If true this is not good enough 

I bet if they didn’t have tickets they wouldn’t be allowed on bus 

same goes if they don’t have masks 

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, jumpship said:

See on twitter someone shared that everyone boarded plane heading to a beach holiday. First thing the all did was take their masks off. 

There's no checks when they come back either. Then straight on to public transport. 

I will be gobsmacked if there isn't a second wave.. 

The muppets should’ve been thrown out of the plane head first.

Jambo-Jimbo
6 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

This.
Horrendous conditions to work under.

Mrs JJ and many of her collegues all have skin complaints just now, mostly that prickly heat rash, simply because they have face masks, visors, gloves, aprons on for pretty much the whole 12 hour shift, add on the heat in hospitals to start with and it's not comfortable conditions whatsoever to work in.

Jambos_1874

I wonder if anything will be different in terms of governments or individuals attitiude to climate change following this. As terrible as the pandemic is, it is also a real opportunity for change to give us a fighting chance to avoid the worst effects of climate change. I suspect nothing will be different though and we will still be on course for the most devastating effects of this.

Edited by Jambos_1874

The Real Maroonblood

Mrs JJ and many of her collegues all have skin complaints just now, mostly that prickly heat rash, simply because they have face masks, visors, gloves, aprons on for pretty much the whole 12 hour shift, add on the heat in hospitals to start with and it's not comfortable conditions whatsoever to work in.

They can’t get enough praise for what they do and have to put up with.

crunchy frog

Can they not produce some kind of exemption card for those with a medical reason for not wearing a mask on public transport? I've seen loads of folk getting on buses without, LRT have already said their drivers don't have the authority to police it and quite frankly why should they have to?

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I wonder if anything will be different in terms of governments or individuals attitiude to climate change following this. As terrible as the pandemic is, it is also a real opportunity for change to give us a fighting chance to avoid the worst effects of climate change. I suspect nothing will be different though and we will still be on course for the most devastating effects of this.

I don’t have a link but at the start of this in and round north Italy the pollution dropped drastically.

Just due to lockdown.

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Dons casuals, Border branch? Ewe must have been terrified. 

Ewe make me laugh :thumbsup:

Jambo-Jimbo
23 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:rofl:

I thought at first Aberdeen supporters.

Shhh, don't mention Aberdeen supporters, you'll scare the sheep, mind they'll always be one or two which might get a bit excited tho.

Jambo-Jimbo
5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Dons casuals, Border branch? Ewe must have been terrified. 

Naw, told them to ram it, that seemed to work.

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I don’t have a link but at the start of this in and round north Italy the pollution dropped drastically.

Just due to lockdown.

There was something on the TV weeks ago saying that the pollution levels in London had dropped by X %, can't remember by how much but it was a fair bit.

Jambos_1874
11 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Just due to lockdown.

Yes, due to lockdown; something that is completely unsustainable. We need to find a way to get back to something approaching normal without wrecking the planet. Even in lockdown we are still pumping vast amounts of pollutants into the atmosphere and continuing to contribute to climate change.

The Real Maroonblood

There was something on the TV weeks ago saying that the pollution levels in London had dropped by X %, can't remember by how much but it was a fair bit.

Hope Street and many similar streets have had significant drops in pollution.
Out of all this hopefully some good will come.

Jambo-Jimbo
14 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Hope Street and many similar streets have had significant drops in pollution.
Out of all this hopefully some good will come.

Well you would hope so, the chance to change is there, but can't say I'm overly optimistic anything will really change.

Enzo Chiefo
49 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The muppets should’ve been thrown out of the plane head first.

There was a case last week where someone on a flight from Paris CDG to , I think, EDI, took his mask off on board and was asked to put it back on by the stewardess. He did..but was still met by the Police on arrival and the rules were reinforced to him. 

Maybe the punters you refer to might not be heading to the beach immediately if there is a welcoming party waiting for them.😂

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

There was a case last week where someone on a flight from Paris CDG to , I think, EDI, took his mask off on board and was asked to put it back on by the stewardess. He did..but was still met by the Police on arrival and the rules were reinforced to him. 

Maybe the punters you refer to might not be heading to the beach immediately if there is a welcoming party waiting for them.😂

Some guy in Mexico was killed by the Polis for not wearing a mask. Well... That was the excuse for the arrest. 

One bad thing about no lockdown. Fecking Jihadis will be back to no fecking good. 

It'd be nice to think that better air quality, better work/life balance and better NHS/Care Home provision will come out of all of this, but we're probably chasing a dream.

Shite will just be back to depressing normality.

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Some guy in Mexico was killed by the Polis for not wearing a mask. Well... That was the excuse for the arrest. 

Yes, we definitely need a bit more enforcement...just to act as a deterrent.  😁

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

baton training for the spanish police?

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

baton training for the spanish police?

😁. Yes, a bit of pre-season training for the Guardia Civil before Benidorm gets into full swing

10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

😁. Yes, a bit of pre-season training for the Guardia Civil before Benidorm gets into full swing

Do they not usually just practice in Barcelona. :policeman: 

Edited by ri Alban

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Do they not usually just practice in Barcelona. :policeman: 

Only during the voting season👍

1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Yes, due to lockdown; something that is completely unsustainable. We need to find a way to get back to something approaching normal without wrecking the planet. Even in lockdown we are still pumping vast amounts of pollutants into the atmosphere and continuing to contribute to climate change.

People clearly don’t care about the planet I am afraid mate. Even on this thread people already talking about getting flights to Spain etc. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

People clearly don’t care about the planet I am afraid mate. Even on this thread people already talking about getting flights to Spain etc. 

Sadly I find it's only a minority who care.

Jambo-Jimbo
28 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Surely you didn't think folks would stop flying?

Sure they'll be less planes in the sky, for now, but give it a couple of years and it'll be back to normal.

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

Can they not produce some kind of exemption card for those with a medical reason for not wearing a mask on public transport? I've seen loads of folk getting on buses without, LRT have already said their drivers don't have the authority to police it and quite frankly why should they have to?

Yeh good idea

and no harm in asking people why they don’t wear one either 

SectionDJambo
10 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Sure they'll be less planes in the sky, for now, but give it a couple of years and it'll be back to normal.

Yes

This has just been a wee break for Mother Nature to recover some ground. There’s no chance of enough people, long term, cutting back on flights abroad to sustain any recovery. 
I’m not lucky enough to go an overseas holiday more than once a year, if that. From evidence of conversation between friends, there are a lot of people who can fly abroad a few times each year.

Maybe the biggest benefit will be people being more aware of personal hygiene from now on, and some may even wear mask protection, or be more aware of sneezing and coughing around others, during the winter months to ease spreading of colds and flu. 
Time will tell.

48 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

It feeds from the top though. Policies, regulations etc.

The general public are mostly sheep.

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Just to be sure we’re on the same page, we agree that folk that use buses are scum, right?

:)

DrimJe1.gif

26 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I didn’t think people would stop flying, but I kinda hoped they might wait until the end of lockdown before starting up again. 

8 minutes ago, kila said:

It feeds from the top though. Policies, regulations etc.

The general public are mostly sheep.

I get what you mean but I kinda CBA with that argument. Adults make their own decisions, can’t just blame the Tories for everything. 

1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

I get what you mean but I kinda CBA with that argument. Adults make their own decisions, can’t just blame the Tories for everything. 

I was meaning in general. Across the world. If change for the better because of things like climate change is to happen it needs to come from the top. But not seeing that much anywhere in the world.

2 minutes ago, kila said:

I was meaning in general. Across the world. If change for the better because of things like climate change is to happen it needs to come from the top. But not seeing that much anywhere in the world.

Yeah that’s true across the world it probably does need to come from the top down. Individually tho people can make their own choices to some extent as to how much they contribute to it. 

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Why call the police? He took it off, was told to put it back on and he did.

Jambo 4 Ever
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Why call the police? He took it off, was told to put it back on and he did.

I think it’s a good thing

To make an example and show others it’s not good enough to not wear masks 

Shanks said no
36 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Yeh good idea

and no harm in asking people why they don’t wear one either 

You could take photos of all the offenders and report them to the authorities. If LRT can match your snaps with their ridacards then they could suspend their use. Maybe also send them to the EEN and they could print the rogues gallery. 

Just now, Natural Orders said:

I think the police time could have been put to better use.

Surely the stewardess could have just called him a selfish twit and everyone could have moved on.

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

What type of mask do you wear?

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

You could take photos of all the offenders and report them to the authorities. If LRT can match your snaps with their ridacards then they could suspend their use. Maybe also send them to the EEN and they could print the rogues gallery. 

What ever it takes

the buses will have cctv too I’m sure!

still no one has explained why the drivers are ok to not let people on without valid tickets, yet are not doing the same with those who don’t wear masks!

surely there is the same threat of abuse from those without tickets as there are with non mask wearers?

one is a matter of life and death ... the other is not!

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, graygo said:

I think the police time could have been put to better use.

Surely the stewardess could have just called him a selfish twit and everyone could have moved on.

No because others would do it too!

its a matter of life and death

and the message of wearing masks must be repeated until everyone is doing it 

Shanks said no
Just now, Natural Orders said:

What ever it takes

the buses will have cctv too I’m sure!

still no one has explained why the drivers are ok to not let people on without valid tickets, yet are not doing the same with those who don’t wear masks!

surely there is the same threat of abuse from those without tickets as there are with non mask wearers?

one is a matter of life and death ... the other is not!

Wouldn’t happen if we still had clippies 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic