Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

vegas-voss
10 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Any arrests at Celtic Park for the flouting of the rules ?

Or does the law not apply equally to all ?

Anyone arrested or charged should now simply show the videos and tell the judge you cannot find me guilty if you did not even arrest the crowd in attendance

They will forget all about winning it in 5 mins anyway.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I see another Chinese city has gone into lockdown Jilin which has a population of 4.4m

is that not the 3rd or 4th now, not including Wuhan?

Jambo-Jimbo

Did anyone hear Hancock say in the commons this afternoon that there was no large scale movement of the elderly being moved from hospitals to care homes at the very start of the outbreak.

Methinks that claim is just a plain pure lie, I also think it'll come back to haunt him and the government in the fullness of time.

vegas-voss
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

is that not the 3rd or 4th now, not including Wuhan?

Not sure I can remember a region near Russian border had restrictions put on it.This one looks like being put into full scale lockdown.

Did anyone hear Hancock say in the commons this afternoon that there was no large scale movement of the elderly being moved from hospitals to care homes at the very start of the outbreak.

Methinks that claim is just a plain pure lie, I also think it'll come back to haunt him and the government in the fullness of time.

The bits in bold are a given.

Spellczech

There absolutely was.. It was done in the week before lockdown.

35 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I now know of 3 businesses where HR have sent an email to managers telling them that they can use this crisis to get rid of difficult or useless staff...

Well if you’ve got to make someone redundant it makes sense to get rid of the useless ones. 

5 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I get we need to be slow, never suggested otherwise but we aren’t coming out of this yet. We aren’t seeing any lifting of restriction till at the earliest 28 May.

I struggle with the logic of why the whole country is locked down when about 60% of the deaths of this rate in a care home setting. Meaning that actual general population as you would expect largely unaffected. We will have been locked down for over 10 weeks at least when we seen any lifting in Scotland.

A lockdown of this level make no sense to me, Its excessively restrictive for where we are. The government has continually failed to get the single biggest area under control in care homes.We are suffering for this failure. Whist, it has been poor in developing controls to enable the lifting 

In Scotland we will have suffered the most severe and longest lockdown in the UK People tend to portray that has not having a cost it most certainly has. 

I just don’t think we are pursuing the correct policy at all right now.

Spot on!! 

Robbo-Jambo
37 minutes ago, kila said:

They'll claim they're all from the same caravan

😂

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

I now know of 3 businesses where HR have sent an email to managers telling them that they can use this crisis to get rid of difficult or useless staff...

Seems pretty sensible.  If you are having to make redundancies then it makes sense to get rid of the crap employees first. 

10 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Seems pretty sensible.  If you are having to make redundancies then it makes sense to get rid of the crap employees first. 

Really...so who determines difficult staff ?

Is it by chance the staff who stand up for workers rights, for health and safety for all, who ensure rules and regulations are followed which dare we say upset the bosses ?

Your response comes over as if you were someone who would be better living when the poor knew their place it seems....many of your rights were hard fought for by difficult workers.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Oh Indeed it happened, Mrs JJ discharged some into care homes herself, she got told which patients were to be discharged and where they were going, all the arrangements had been made further up the food chain, all she had to do was to make sure the patients were ready for when the Ambulance/s came to collect them. 

One of them had been on the ward for many months, they didn't need to have been there, but no space could be found elsewhere outside of hospital for them, and then suddenly overnight a space was found, amazing eh!

None of them were tested prior to discharge and the very next day one of them had developed a cough, fortunately it later transpired that the woman didn't have covid.

You know as well as I do, that the decision to discharge elderly patients into care homes & the community without testing was taken way way up the food chain, how far up the food chain, hopefully any inquiry will determine how far up it went.

7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Is it by chance the staff who stand up for workers rights, for health and safety for all, who ensure rules and regulations are followed which dare we say upset the bosses ?

Your response comes over as if you were someone who would be better living when the poor knew their place it seems....many of your rights were hard fought for by difficult workers.

Well, with that attitude you’d be the first to go.

26 minutes ago, Shanks said:

11 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Mistaken identity, Shanks said "crap" not difficult.

1 minute ago, mutley said:

Well, with that attitude you’d be the first to go.

Rather that than kiss someone else's backside as no doubt you seem to be willing to do on a daily basis to keep your job

Responsible management recognise caring staff and realise there are benefits to having people on board who look after all and not just a privileged few.

Rights are hard to gain but easy to lose. I hope you never have to rely on those in your working career but if you do you'll look back at your nonsense posted and feel ashamed

5 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Mistaken identity, Shanks said "crap" not difficult.

He also said the original statement seemed 'pretty sensible' in relation to difficult or useless staff so the point stands

edit I would also ask again who determines the staff who are difficult , crap or useless and who or what determines  the staff who are difficult especially for they may be difficult because they know their rights and are not intimidated

Edited by CJGJ

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Rather that than kiss someone else's backside as no doubt you seem to be willing to do on a daily basis to keep your job

Responsible management recognise caring staff and realise there are benefits to having people on board who look after all and not just a privileged few.

Rights are hard to gain but easy to lose. I hope you never have to rely on those in your working career but if you do you'll look back at your nonsense posted and feel ashamed

I was just having a laugh, you rocket. You don’t have to worry about me firing you as I’m not your boss

As it turns out my bosses think I’m great they just leave me to get on with it, no ass kissing involved

16 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

He also said the original statement seemed 'pretty sensible' in relation to difficult or useless staff so the point stands

And so it should, I mistakenly took their full stop.for a comma  my apologies.

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

20 minutes ago, mutley said:

I was just having a laugh, you rocket. You don’t have to worry about me firing you as I’m not your boss

As it turns out my bosses think I’m great they just leave me to get on with it, no ass kissing involved

As I am responsible manager I would not fire you unless you were useless...please note having a laugh with that

When you become an boss/manager  then lets hope you treat others as you state your current bosses treat you.

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

So I take it this was also done in devolved Scotland?

Nucky Thompson
48 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Oh Indeed it happened, Mrs JJ discharged some into care homes herself, she got told which patients were to be discharged and where they were going, all the arrangements had been made further up the food chain, all she had to do was to make sure the patients were ready for when the Ambulance/s came to collect them. 

One of them had been on the ward for many months, they didn't need to have been there, but no space could be found elsewhere outside of hospital for them, and then suddenly overnight a space was found, amazing eh!

None of them were tested prior to discharge and the very next day one of them had developed a cough, fortunately it later transpired that the woman didn't have covid.

You know as well as I do, that the decision to discharge elderly patients into care homes & the community without testing was taken way way up the food chain, how far up the food chain, hopefully any inquiry will determine how far up it went.

Are you based in Scotland?

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

I believe JJ's wife works at Borders General.

Ah, so NHS Scotland then

Jambo-Jimbo
17 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Are you based in Scotland?

Yes in the Scottish Borders and it's happened in Scotland & England and I wouldn't be shocked to learn in Wales & N. Ireland also.

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yes in the Scottish Borders and it's happened in Scotland & England and I wouldn't be shocked to learn in Wales & N. Ireland also.

So Jeane Freeman is as bad as Hancock then

Jambo-Jimbo
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

So Jeane Freeman is as bad as Hancock then

If your trying to make or score a political point here, forget it pal, as your barking up the wrong tree with me.

My view of politics is they are all pretty much lying barstewards, irrespective of the colour of rosette they wear.

You are wasting your time with this shit on me, do me the courtesy and take it elsewhere, please.

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

If your trying to make or score a political point here, forget it pal, as your barking up the wrong tree with me.

My view of politics is they are all pretty much lying barstewards, irrespective of the colour of rosette they wear.

You are wasting your time with this shit on me, do me the courtesy and take it elsewhere, please.

Eh. It was you that mentioned Hancock not me. I was only pointing out that Jeane Freeman was responsible for Scottish health.

Edited by Nucky Thompson

Weakened Offender
39 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Ah, so NHS Scotland then

Cheered you right up eh? 

10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Eh. It was you that mentioned Hancock not me. I was only pointing out that Jeane Freeman was responsible for Scottish health.

Jean Freeman said they did move negative patients to care homes. Hancock said they didn't. So what's your point.

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Jean Freeman said they did move negative patients to care homes. Hancock said they didn't. So what's your point.

SNP bad.

As always. 

Nucky Thompson
14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

My point was Jimbo used his wife's experience working for NHS Scotland to have a go at Hancock

Nucky Thompson
12 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

SNP bad.

As always. 

SNP can do no wrong

As always

Jambo, Goodbye
3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Or simply not as dumb to think the mask was the cure...how thick do you have to be to believe that...answer very thick

Nobody said that 😂

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Still you know best eh....no one was talking about care homes where clearly some protection should be worn so stop being so silly in trying to be childish..try reading below

the advice talks about face coverings, rather than masks.

The World Health Organization (WHO) currently says only two groups of people should wear protective masks, those who are:

• sick and showing symptoms
  • caring for people suspected to have coronavirus

It says medical masks should be reserved for healthcare workers.

Masks are not generally recommended for the public because:

• they can be contaminated by other people's coughs and sneezes, or when putting them on or removing them
  • frequent hand-washing and social distancing are more effective
  • they might offer a false sense of security

another recent study has shown that they reduce transmission from asymptotic cases by up to 75%.  Also.coincidentally every country who got on top of this fast has extensively used masks.. maybe a coincidence - but it certainly appears they do no harm

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

another recent study has shown that they reduce transmission from asymptotic cases by up to 75%.  Also.coincidentally every country who got on top of this fast has extensively used masks.. maybe a coincidence - but it certainly appears they do no harm

Wrong.

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Go and take your politics elsewhere will you?

If you're referring to me. I was only responding to other posts.

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

No problem if people want to wear them

I just won't be one of them as I believe that they have just become popular through peer pressure not because they do anything re the virus

Not every country who wears them got on top of the virus but the myth spreads and people follow a trend

They may have other uses in some countries of course re smog etc but that its not the case in the UK

Edited by CJGJ

Jambof3tornado

If they suggest we could get back into tynecastle to watch Hearts by wearing masks thats fine by me.

Spellczech
2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

edit I would also ask again who determines the staff who are difficult , crap or useless and who or what determines  the staff who are difficult especially for they may be difficult because they know their rights and are not intimidated

A director of one of the companies told me he was surprised to see one of his fellow directors nominate an employee openly (he did a reply to all!) saying that even though she is good at her job she is difficult to get on with. I cannot name the company as it is a reasonably well-known professional services firm.

Jambo-Jimbo
26 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

My point was Jimbo used his wife's experience working for NHS Scotland to have a go at Hancock

Em, no I didn't.

I had a go at Hancock about an hour or so before I mentioned Mrs JJ, in fact I only mentioned Mrs JJ in reply to someone who replied that what Hancock claimed didn't happen did in fact happen, so you've got things the wrong way round, furthermore in my post about Mrs JJ and her experience of moving patients to care homes, there was no mention about Hancock or politics whatsoever in that post, so how you've come to the above belief is beyond me, because it didn't happen the way you say it did.

But don't take my word for it, check the chronology of the posts, they are only on the previous page and you'll see that I'm correct and you have got it wrong.

Sometimes people want to make a point in a UK national context.    We know Scotland is devolved but we're also part of the UK and UK matters are still of interest.    It isn't compulsory to have to make comparisons or to qualify everything you say.    Especially to pander to the narrative of political zealots.    

I wont be posting according to someone else's narrative.    If the Scottish Government are due a criticism then do it yourself.    Do not expect others to do it for you.

Dagger Is Back
8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If you're referring to me. I was only responding to other posts.

I don't think JJ was making a political point, he was speaking specifically factually about Hancocks statement in the HOC, but you most definitely did IMO and were champing at the bit to do so.  JJ hasn't said anything political at all

Dagger Is Back
9 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Em, no I didn't.

I had a go at Hancock about an hour or so before I mentioned Mrs JJ, in fact I only mentioned Mrs JJ in reply to someone who replied that what Hancock claimed didn't happen did in fact happen, so you've got things the wrong way round, furthermore in my post about Mrs JJ and her experience of moving patients to care homes, there was no mention about Hancock or politics whatsoever in that post, so how you've come to the above belief is beyond me, because it didn't happen the way you say it did.

But don't take my word for it, check the chronology of the posts, they are only on the previous page and you'll see that I'm correct and you have got it wrong.

Absolutely spot on JJ. In his haste to get in there and claim a scalp, he didn't properly read your posts which are as clear as day for most of us

7 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Absolutely spot on JJ. In his haste to get in there and claim a scalp, he didn't properly read your posts which are as clear as day for most of us

In fairness I took JJ to be saying that what Hancock had said wasn't true based on the example he gave; which actually was related to NHS Scotland and doesn't really show that large scale movements took place across the UK.

I didn't take it as political point scoring from JJ in the slightest though, rather just some interesting insight. I do think the response from NT was point scoring, though I can see how he read it the way he did though which may have provoked that response.

I have SATURDAY 4th July as D Day

Drinking day for all in the UK…..I think it could be messy especially if the pubs manage to get the social distancing down to 1 metre inside the pub itself

It could be ticket only at your local...that is if your local has survived.

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I have SATURDAY 4th July as D Day

Drinking day for all in the UK…..I think it could be messy especially if the pubs manage to get the social distancing down to 1 metre inside the pub itself

It could be ticket only at your local...that is if your local has survived.

You can but hope.

WoolfordsHearts
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Sometimes people want to make a point in a UK national context.    We know Scotland is devolved but we're also part of the UK and UK matters are still of interest.    It isn't compulsory to have to make comparisons or to qualify everything you say.    Especially to pander to the narrative of political zealots.    

I wont be posting according to someone else's narrative.    If the Scottish Government are due a criticism then do it yourself.    Do not expect others to do it for you.

🤣

Utter gibberish.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic