Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Guardian is carrying a report claiming that between 10% and 20% of people in hospital who had Covid-19 caught it in hospital.

That's a shocking statistic and underlines the lack of PPE and proper quarantine protocols that had been identified as weaknesses during the last big pandemic test excercise.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/17/hospital-patients-england-coronavirus-covid-19

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

joondalupjambo
38 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Going the same way as the US ones by the sounds of it the advisors more and more shoved into the background.

Looks a bit like it.  Chris and Patrick will hopefully both retire shortly and then might be the able to speak freely when a review on the whole affair is undertaken.

You would need them to meet a minimum standard of FFP2.

You should also be able to replace the filter pad especially if you are wearing them for long periods. 
it’s a great idea though. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

The Internet
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Honestly think the chances of catching Covid 19 now in the Lothians are so slim that if you did then you would have to have been actively seeking a confirmed coronavirus case. 

I agree but also agree with the below:

33 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Exactly, we have all come to far and sacrificed so much for it all to be thrown away by being hasty and impatient, just hold on a bit longer, because I think we all or certainly most folks realise that if we come out of this lockdown to quick and we get a second spike, then the potential lockdown which will follow will be a real lockdown the likes of which Italy & Spain had where you weren't even allowed out to excercise.

Enzo Chiefo
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

What a closed minded indoctrinated yoon, the Gers figures are an estimate that doesn’t have all the data because it’s not recorded. Who in the world would even attempt to work out a country’s finances in this way if it wasn’t in their favour. You're a lost cause and have been on ignore for weeks due to the absolute nonsense you talk.

That cuts both ways old son. I just tolerate the nonsense you spout about politics.  I'm old school so I don't feel the need for safe spaces around different views so don't head for the ignore button. I'll settle for judging a country's economy on what it spends and earns along with the debt to GDP ratio, size of the public sector etc. I'm sure lenders across the world and the IMF agree with me on that . I do appreciate, however, that some may prefer woolly ideas like "hope", "potential", "fairness" and the worst of all "progressive", whatever the @#$% that means, in judging a country's economic abilities. Each to their own.  I'm done here.

A report from Italy suggesting that the disease has been misdiagnosed, apologies for the long text. I don't have a link to the original.

Autopsies Prove that COVID-19 is a Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (Pulmonary Thrombosis)

It is now clear that the whole world has been attacking the so-called Coronavirus Pandemic wrongly due to a serious pathophysiological diagnosis error.

According to valuable information from Italian pathologists, ventilators and intensive care units were never needed.

Autopsies performed by the Italian pathologists has shown that it is not pneumonia but it is Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (Thrombosis) which ought to be fought with antibiotics, antivirals, anti-inflammatories and anticoagulants.

If this is true for all cases, that means the whole world is about to resolve this novel pandemic earlier than expected.

However, protocols are currently being changed in Italy who have been adversely affected by this pandemic.

The impressive case of a Mexican family in the United States who claimed they were cured with a home remedy was documented: three 500 mg aspirins dissolved in lemon juice boiled with honey, taken hot. The next day they woke up as if nothing had happened to them! Well, the scientific information that follows proves they are right!

This information was released by a medical researcher from Italy:

“Thanks to 50 autopsies performed on patients who died of COVID-19, Italian pathologists have discovered that IT IS NOT PNEUMONIA, strictly speaking, because the virus does not only kill pneumocytes of this type, but uses an inflammatory storm to create an endothelial vascular thrombosis.”

In disseminated intravascular coagulation, the lung is the most affected because it is the most inflamed, but there is also a heart attack, stroke and many other thromboembolic diseases.

In fact, the protocols left antiviral therapies useless and focused on anti-inflammatory and anti-clotting therapies. These therapies should be done immediately, even at home, in which the treatment of patients responds very well.

If the Chinese had denounced it, they would have invested in home therapy, not intensive care! So, the way to fight it is with antibiotics, anti-inflammatories and anticoagulants.

An Italian pathologist reports that the hospital in Bergamo did a total of 50 autopsies and one in Milan, 20, that is, the Italian series is the highest in the world, the Chinese did only 3, which seems to fully confirm the information.

In a nutshell, the disease is determined by a disseminated intravascular coagulation triggered by the virus; therefore, it is not pneumonia but pulmonary thrombosis, a major diagnostic error.

Some world leaders doubled the number of resuscitation places in the ICU, with unnecessary exorbitant costs.

According to the Italian pathologist, treatment in ICUs is useless if thromboembolism is not resolved first. “If we ventilate a lung where blood does not circulate, it is useless, in fact, nine (9) patients out of ten (10) will die because the problem is cardiovascular, not respiratory.”

“It is venous microthrombosis, not pneumonia, that determines mortality.”

According to the literature, inflammation induces thrombosis through a complex but well-known pathophysiological mechanism.

Unfortunately, what the scientific literature said, especially Chinese, until mid-March was that anti-inflammatory drugs should not be used.

Now, the therapy being used in Italy is with anti-inflammatories and antibiotics, as in influenza, and the number of hospitalized patients has been reduced.

He also discovered that many deaths, even in their 40s, had a history of fever for 10 to 15 days, which were not treated properly.

The inflammation does a great deal of tissue damage and creates ground for thrombus formation. However, the main problem is not the virus, but the immune hyperreaction that destroys the cell where the virus is installed.

In fact, patients with rheumatoid arthritis have never needed to be admitted to the ICU because they are on corticosteroid therapy, which is a great anti-inflammatory.

With this important discovery, it is possible to return to normal life and open closed deals due to the quarantine, though not immediately, but with time.

Kindly share so that the health authorities of each country can make their respective analysis of this information, prevent further deaths and redirect investments appropriately; the vaccine may come later.

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The Roche antibody test has been passed by public health England. Scotland are yet to pass it.

I see England have also now passed a test by Abbott

Not Diane....please, no. Has she counted them?

davemclaren
45 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

You should also be able to replace the filter pad especially if you are wearing them for long periods. 

Not for travelling in Buses/trains. It’s better than an old sock. 

Fort Vallance
47 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Would you though ? It's only suggested and not a mandatory piece of PPE. Just a covering.

scott herbertson
20 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not Diane....please, no. Has she counted them?

It's ok

It's Russ

image.jpeg.5fc5a05465ad5aec8bb9d939f8d569ee.jpeg

Konrad von Carstein
2 hours ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

Wearing colours is for under 12s according to this place. Would make you look a right tit wearing that...

This attitude (not you) gets on my tits, as does the jammie wearer schtick...thankfully most of the spangles who parrot this shite are now talking about hearts elsewhere...

Waste of time wearing one

When this started all the health officials agreed they were not nec..purely due to social pressure not medical advice have we found people starting to wear them.

Not for me but if it helps others feel better than no problem.

Still it'll ensure I get my 2 metres space from others when out and about by not wearing one.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

Not for sitting in a ground watching footy.

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

When this started all the health officials agreed they were not nec..purely due to social pressure not medical advice have we found people starting to wear them.

Still it'll ensure I get my 2 metres space from others when out and about by not wearing one.

It reduces the chance of you giving it to others. 

The Internet

Damn I thought they'd cracked it with the aspirin dissolved in hot lemon juice with a bit of honey fix. 

****ing hell.

2 hours ago, Blackshades said:

Finding a supplier might be a problem.

Ask @PhoenixHearts   A very reliable company and they’re also moving into the PPE supply chain. They’re providing the Bozi in the board tee shirts and I’m sure they could k I know up some nice martin and white masks with our club crest. I’ll drop him a message and enquire. 

5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

So does a hanky

Edited by CJGJ

will-i-am-a-jambo
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

My laddie is allergic to the Tetanus jag, he had a severe reaction when he got the jag as part of his pre-school inoculations, doctor said he can't have another tetanus jag, not even a booster, due to the reaction he had to the first one, and they have no idea why his body reacted the way it did.

Sorry to hear this. Just out of interest is your son allergic to eggs? A lot of vaccines are made from chicken embryos but l can't remember if tetanus is one of them. 

Nucky Thompson
14 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Damn I thought they'd cracked it with the aspirin dissolved in hot lemon juice with a bit of honey fix. 

****ing hell.

:lol: 

2 hours ago, been here before said:

Ive got a couple that Ive used for cycling in the winter time for the last few years. £1.50 a pop from Decathlon.

I bought a similar one off Amazon, but with cut outs for your ears so you can hear properly/or use in ear headphones. Turns out I have got bigger lugs than they planned on people having so squashes my ears. 

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

I'm not suggesting those who want vaccinated against things can't be 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Why would it matter if there's a vaccine? 

Vaccines only work if a suitable percentage of the population get it. 

If a small percentage of the population refuse the Vaccine, there is always a chance that the Virus can mutate and render the initial vaccine useless.

The measles outbreak in the USA last year is an example of how easy it can be to lose herd immunity.

But hey, the thousands of preventable deaths are okay because you didn’t infringe on people’s rights to be complete f****** idiots.

Jambo-Jimbo
26 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Sorry to hear this. Just out of interest is your son allergic to eggs? A lot of vaccines are made from chicken embryos but l can't remember if tetanus is one of them. 

He loves eggs, never had a problem, must have been something else in the vaccine which triggered an allergic reaction in his body.

It's never bothered him all these years and will only ever do so if he ever caught tetanus and even then there is something else seemingly that they can give him to treat it, so it's no a big issue.

Bindy Badgy
3 hours ago, Taffin said:

No idea. I'm also not sure people have a right not to catch a virus. 

I'm not anti-vax by any means, but I don't believe anyone should have it forced upon them if they don't want it...regardless of how mental people may think their reasoning is. The flip side of that is they shouldn't be able to prevent others getting vaccinated for things. 

The issue is, some people, such as Jambo-Jimbo's kid, have legitimate reasons for not vaccinating. For these people to be protected by herd immunity everyone else has to be vaccinated. Any sensible mandatory vaccination campaign would offer exemptions for Jambo-Jimbo's son and anyone else in a similar position.

Edited by Stokesy

Bindy Badgy
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Why would it matter if there's a vaccine? 

Herd immunity. When we vaccinate everyone that can be vaccinated those that can't be vaccinated for medical reasons, such as people with allergies to ingredients, people that are immunocompromised and babies under the age that vaccines are given at, are protected. Additionally, some people won't develop antibodies after being vaccinated if they are a non-responder or if there is a manufaturing error in the vaccine that they have received.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

The issue is, some people, such as Jambo-Jimbo's kid, have legitimate reasons for not vaccinating. For these people to be protected by herd immunity everyone else has to be vaccinated. Any sensible mandatory vaccination campaign would offer exemptions for Jambo-Jimbo's son and anyone else in a similar position.

Can I just add it's only the tetanus vaccine that he's had a problem with, no issues with any of his other vaccines, just the tetanus one.

And he's not a kid anymore, he's in his 30's..................on second thoughts he acts like a kid sometimes 😀

22 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

I understand that, I just also think not wanting it is a legitimate (albeit stupid) reason for not getting it. I think the same about organ donation, I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to do it but equally I'd never argue that they should be made to. 

2 hours ago, graygo said:

A report from Italy suggesting that the disease has been misdiagnosed, apologies for the long text. I don't have a link to the original.

Autopsies Prove that COVID-19 is a Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (Pulmonary Thrombosis)

It is now clear that the whole world has been attacking the so-called Coronavirus Pandemic wrongly due to a serious pathophysiological diagnosis error.

According to valuable information from Italian pathologists, ventilators and intensive care units were never needed.

Autopsies performed by the Italian pathologists has shown that it is not pneumonia but it is Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (Thrombosis) which ought to be fought with antibiotics, antivirals, anti-inflammatories and anticoagulants.

If this is true for all cases, that means the whole world is about to resolve this novel pandemic earlier than expected.

However, protocols are currently being changed in Italy who have been adversely affected by this pandemic.

The impressive case of a Mexican family in the United States who claimed they were cured with a home remedy was documented: three 500 mg aspirins dissolved in lemon juice boiled with honey, taken hot. The next day they woke up as if nothing had happened to them! Well, the scientific information that follows proves they are right!

This information was released by a medical researcher from Italy:

“Thanks to 50 autopsies performed on patients who died of COVID-19, Italian pathologists have discovered that IT IS NOT PNEUMONIA, strictly speaking, because the virus does not only kill pneumocytes of this type, but uses an inflammatory storm to create an endothelial vascular thrombosis.”

In disseminated intravascular coagulation, the lung is the most affected because it is the most inflamed, but there is also a heart attack, stroke and many other thromboembolic diseases.

In fact, the protocols left antiviral therapies useless and focused on anti-inflammatory and anti-clotting therapies. These therapies should be done immediately, even at home, in which the treatment of patients responds very well.

If the Chinese had denounced it, they would have invested in home therapy, not intensive care! So, the way to fight it is with antibiotics, anti-inflammatories and anticoagulants.

An Italian pathologist reports that the hospital in Bergamo did a total of 50 autopsies and one in Milan, 20, that is, the Italian series is the highest in the world, the Chinese did only 3, which seems to fully confirm the information.

In a nutshell, the disease is determined by a disseminated intravascular coagulation triggered by the virus; therefore, it is not pneumonia but pulmonary thrombosis, a major diagnostic error.

Some world leaders doubled the number of resuscitation places in the ICU, with unnecessary exorbitant costs.

According to the Italian pathologist, treatment in ICUs is useless if thromboembolism is not resolved first. “If we ventilate a lung where blood does not circulate, it is useless, in fact, nine (9) patients out of ten (10) will die because the problem is cardiovascular, not respiratory.”

“It is venous microthrombosis, not pneumonia, that determines mortality.”

According to the literature, inflammation induces thrombosis through a complex but well-known pathophysiological mechanism.

Unfortunately, what the scientific literature said, especially Chinese, until mid-March was that anti-inflammatory drugs should not be used.

Now, the therapy being used in Italy is with anti-inflammatories and antibiotics, as in influenza, and the number of hospitalized patients has been reduced.

He also discovered that many deaths, even in their 40s, had a history of fever for 10 to 15 days, which were not treated properly.

The inflammation does a great deal of tissue damage and creates ground for thrombus formation. However, the main problem is not the virus, but the immune hyperreaction that destroys the cell where the virus is installed.

In fact, patients with rheumatoid arthritis have never needed to be admitted to the ICU because they are on corticosteroid therapy, which is a great anti-inflammatory.

With this important discovery, it is possible to return to normal life and open closed deals due to the quarantine, though not immediately, but with time.

Kindly share so that the health authorities of each country can make their respective analysis of this information, prevent further deaths and redirect investments appropriately; the vaccine may come later.

Aw well even if it wasnt accurate it cheered me while reading it.

Konrad von Carstein
On 16/05/2020 at 18:47, Enzo Chiefo said:

I don't even know what place unions have in a modern society. They oppose every attempt to improve or modernise and are responsible for many of our industries going under over the last 40 odd years

Tosh, utter and complete tosh...

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

graygo do you have a source for that?

Sorry no I don't and I obviously can't vouch for it's accuracy as evidenced by kila's posts.

Although I would say that his first link was to research done by Dominic Wichmann who is a Professor of Medicine, Department of Intensive Care Medicine, Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine Branch at University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf.

The second link debunking his theory is to poynter.org who employ journalists to fact check.

False hope or no hope, we all get to decide.

Edit: I should add that I accept that the post I put up is fake news.

Edited by graygo

Dagger Is Back

Fascinating info posted by graygo above. None of us would be surprised at mistakes having been made so time will tell.

Anyway, I wanted to talk about schools going back.  The logistics will be something else. I've started working with Amazon - they've got temp checks and the expected masks, gloves, sanitisers and floor markings and one way systems everywhere

They've also got marshalls making sure that people follow all of those rules and woe betide you if you're not 2 metres away at all times.

Not sure how many people on here are back at work in similar circumstances but how this all works in schools is beyond me, no matter how small class sizes etc. 

Some adults find it a struggle

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

But increases the chance of you getting it as it subconsciously encourages you to touch your face more to fix it, move it etc

I agree with the public pressure point.

9 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Fascinating info posted by graygo above. None of us would be surprised at mistakes having been made so time will tell.

Anyway, I wanted to talk about schools going back.  The logistics will be something else. I've started working with Amazon - they've got temp checks and the expected masks, gloves, sanitisers and floor markings and one way systems everywhere

They've also got marshalls making sure that people follow all of those rules and woe betide you if you're not 2 metres away at all times.

Not sure how many people on here are back at work in similar circumstances but how this all works in schools is beyond me, no matter how small class sizes etc. 

Some adults find it a struggle

The set up back on site I'm led to believe will have strict measures on movement on off site.

Other split shifts or even days between trades.

There are sites beginning to open and I've noticed a few roadworks getting done that would normally cause chaos.

Regarding your last sentence.

That's true with a fair amount of boys on site regarding ppe pre covid.

I'd imagine a few boys may get red carded over the new measures.

Hopefully not.

will-i-am-a-jambo
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

He loves eggs, never had a problem, must have been something else in the vaccine which triggered an allergic reaction in his body.

It's never bothered him all these years and will only ever do so if he ever caught tetanus and even then there is something else seemingly that they can give him to treat it, so it's no a big issue.

Thanks for replying. My daughter is allergic to eggs so we have to be careful with vaccines in that regard and she gets the ones that are not made from chicken embryos. I just thought your son may have had the same issue but as you say it's probably something else that's triggered it. Fingers crossed he never gets tetanus.

queensferryjambo
6 hours ago, Theme From Sparta F.C. said:

While watching footage of the Bundesliga, i noticed that a lot of the staff are wearing face masks with their teams club badge / logo on them.

Could this be a possible product idea for us?

We're all now being asked to wear a mask on public transport, and when we go shopping.

When football gets back up and running here, we're probably going to have to wear a mask at Tynie. So why not a Hearts mask?

To me it's win / win.

We'd be showing our support for our Club, and help to stay safe.

Hearts already do a snood / squad scarf thing already.

https://www.heartsdirect.co.uk/item/1577/Knitwear/Hearts-Home-SQUAD-Scarf.html

heartofmidlothian_heartssquadscarf_15116

Unknown user
3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Hong Kong's incredible success at dealing with the pandemic is put down largely to face masks and hygiene. They've had 4 deaths from a population of 7.4 million and they're more than 25x more densely populated than the uk.

Personally I wear a lightweight snood thing over my face for work. I don't think it'll do anything other than reduce the risk a bit, but that'll do me as justification.

Jambo, Goodbye
58 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Hong Kong's incredible success at dealing with the pandemic is put down largely to face masks and hygiene. They've had 4 deaths from a population of 7.4 million and they're more than 25x more densely populated than the uk.

Personally I wear a lightweight snood thing over my face for work. I don't think it'll do anything other than reduce the risk a bit, but that'll do me as justification.

South Korea is incredibly densely populated yet has had 11,000 cases and only 262 deaths. 

Taiwan is practically unscathed. 

Throw in Hong Kong too

It's almost as if the mask wearing countries are doing better...

Anyone still scoffing at masks are thick as mince 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

No facemasks here and a total of 99 deaths, most of which can be attributed to fecking up a cruise ship being allowed to disembark.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

South Korea is incredibly densely populated yet has had 11,000 cases and only 262 deaths. 

Taiwan is practically unscathed. 

Throw in Hong Kong too

It's almost as if the mask wearing countries are doing better...

Anyone still scoffing at masks are thick as mince 

See above. 25 million population and less than 100 deaths.

Jambo, Goodbye
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

See above. 25 million population and less than 100 deaths.

It's geographically advantaged, was quicker to react than most  in closing it's borders and crucially is one of the least densely populated countries on the planet

Not really a comparable case study to heavily dense Asian nations 

7 hours ago, jambo89 said:

Vaccines only work if a suitable percentage of the population get it. 

If a small percentage of the population refuse the Vaccine, there is always a chance that the Virus can mutate and render the initial vaccine useless.

The measles outbreak in the USA last year is an example of how easy it can be to lose herd immunity.

But hey, the thousands of preventable deaths are okay because you didn’t infringe on people’s rights to be complete f****** idiots.

I no exactly how it works. I'm still not putting it in my body, until it's proven. 

Unknown user
42 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

It's geographically advantaged, was quicker to react than most  in closing it's borders and crucially is one of the least densely populated countries on the planet

Not really a comparable case study to heavily dense Asian nations 

All countries face different challenges, and I'm certainly not putting down anyone else, but only 4 deaths out of 7.4 million with a population density of 6,300 people per square kilometre is spectacularly well done, especially given their geographical location. 

For comparison, the most densely populated city in australia is Sydney with 1,900 people per square km by the way.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic