Theme From Sparta F.C.

Face Masks

Theme From Sparta F.C.

While watching footage of the Bundesliga, i noticed that a lot of the staff are wearing face masks with their teams club badge / logo on them.

Could this be a possible product idea for us?

We're all now being asked to wear a mask on public transport, and when we go shopping.

When football gets back up and running here, we're probably going to have to wear a mask at Tynie. So why not a Hearts mask?

To me it's win / win.

We'd be showing our support for our Club, and help to stay safe.

Blackshades

Finding a supplier might be a problem.

Mr 3 Putt

Wearing colours is for under 12s according to this place. Would make you look a right tit wearing that...

kila

Dundee United already have branded face masks. Not sure I would wear a football one... maybe only if we were required to inside Tynecastle.

Shanks

Each to their own I suppose, I just couldn’t see myself ever wearing a surgical mask with a Hearts badge on it.  

Seems a bit next level jammie wearer.

tian447

Seen quite a few of these on the go, especially on RedBubble.  Just search masks, and you can find pretty much anything

https://www.redbubble.com/shop/?iaCode=u-mask

Could probably get a Hearts one printed if you like!

tedarmy
5 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Each to their own I suppose, I just couldn’t see myself ever wearing a surgical mask with a Hearts badge on it.  

Seems a bit next level jammie wearer.

looks like millwall were ahead of their time :thumbsup:

wall.jpg

tian447
Just now, been here before said:

I wonder if they look as good in real life :rofl:

Hearts have been selling those type of things in the shop for a couple of years now.

I've been using one of the Hearts "snood" things as a mask when I've been going out.  Can't find it on the club store, but it looks like this:

Custom-Sun-Proof-Headband-Tube-Bandana-F

With Hearts badges on it.  Is it effective?  Probably not, but it's better than nothing, as it's a good face covering :)

been here before
2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I've been using one of the Hearts "snood" things as a mask when I've been going out.  Can't find it on the club store, but it looks like this:

Custom-Sun-Proof-Headband-Tube-Bandana-F

With Hearts badges on it.  Is it effective?  Probably not, but it's better than nothing, as it's a good face covering :)

Ive got a couple that Ive used for cycling in the winter time for the last few years. £1.50 a pop from Decathlon.

Boy Daniel
Posted (edited)

You would need them to meet a minimum standard of FFP2.

You should also be able to replace the filter pad especially if you are wearing them for long periods. 
it’s a great idea though. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

maroondevo52

davemclaren
45 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

You should also be able to replace the filter pad especially if you are wearing them for long periods. 

Not for travelling in Buses/trains. It’s better than an old sock. 

Fort Vallance
47 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Would you though ? It's only suggested and not a mandatory piece of PPE. Just a covering.

Konrad von Carstein
2 hours ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

Wearing colours is for under 12s according to this place. Would make you look a right tit wearing that...

This attitude (not you) gets on my tits, as does the jammie wearer schtick...thankfully most of the spangles who parrot this shite are now talking about hearts elsewhere...

CJGJ

Waste of time wearing one

When this started all the health officials agreed they were not nec..purely due to social pressure not medical advice have we found people starting to wear them.

Not for me but if it helps others feel better than no problem.

Still it'll ensure I get my 2 metres space from others when out and about by not wearing one.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

Not for sitting in a ground watching footy.

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

When this started all the health officials agreed they were not nec..purely due to social pressure not medical advice have we found people starting to wear them.

Still it'll ensure I get my 2 metres space from others when out and about by not wearing one.

It reduces the chance of you giving it to others. 

Saughton Jambo
2 hours ago, Blackshades said:

Finding a supplier might be a problem.

Ask @PhoenixHearts   A very reliable company and they’re also moving into the PPE supply chain. They’re providing the Bozi in the board tee shirts and I’m sure they could k I know up some nice martin and white masks with our club crest. I’ll drop him a message and enquire. 

CJGJ
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

So does a hanky

Edited by CJGJ

Tazio
2 hours ago, been here before said:

Ive got a couple that Ive used for cycling in the winter time for the last few years. £1.50 a pop from Decathlon.

I bought a similar one off Amazon, but with cut outs for your ears so you can hear properly/or use in ear headphones. Turns out I have got bigger lugs than they planned on people having so squashes my ears. 

Jambof3tornado
30 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

So does a hanky

It does indeed.

Do the club sell hankies?

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, maroondevo52 said:

image.png.968d25236eeefe567b54a8ed6b677966.png

Q: Are we not men?

A: We are Jambo!

Jammy T
2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

But increases the chance of you getting it as it subconsciously encourages you to touch your face more to fix it, move it etc

I agree with the public pressure point.

queensferryjambo
6 hours ago, Theme From Sparta F.C. said:

While watching footage of the Bundesliga, i noticed that a lot of the staff are wearing face masks with their teams club badge / logo on them.

Could this be a possible product idea for us?

We're all now being asked to wear a mask on public transport, and when we go shopping.

When football gets back up and running here, we're probably going to have to wear a mask at Tynie. So why not a Hearts mask?

To me it's win / win.

We'd be showing our support for our Club, and help to stay safe.

Hearts already do a snood / squad scarf thing already.

https://www.heartsdirect.co.uk/item/1577/Knitwear/Hearts-Home-SQUAD-Scarf.html

heartofmidlothian_heartssquadscarf_15116

Smithee
3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Hong Kong's incredible success at dealing with the pandemic is put down largely to face masks and hygiene. They've had 4 deaths from a population of 7.4 million and they're more than 25x more densely populated than the uk.

Personally I wear a lightweight snood thing over my face for work. I don't think it'll do anything other than reduce the risk a bit, but that'll do me as justification.

Jambo-Fox

Jambo, Goodbye
58 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Hong Kong's incredible success at dealing with the pandemic is put down largely to face masks and hygiene. They've had 4 deaths from a population of 7.4 million and they're more than 25x more densely populated than the uk.

Personally I wear a lightweight snood thing over my face for work. I don't think it'll do anything other than reduce the risk a bit, but that'll do me as justification.

South Korea is incredibly densely populated yet has had 11,000 cases and only 262 deaths. 

Taiwan is practically unscathed. 

Throw in Hong Kong too

It's almost as if the mask wearing countries are doing better...

Anyone still scoffing at masks are thick as mince 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

No facemasks here and a total of 99 deaths, most of which can be attributed to fecking up a cruise ship being allowed to disembark.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

South Korea is incredibly densely populated yet has had 11,000 cases and only 262 deaths. 

Throw in Hong Kong too

See above. 25 million population and less than 100 deaths.

Jambo, Goodbye
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

See above. 25 million population and less than 100 deaths.

It's geographically advantaged, was quicker to react than most  in closing it's borders and crucially is one of the least densely populated countries on the planet

Not really a comparable case study to heavily dense Asian nations 

Smithee
42 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

It's geographically advantaged, was quicker to react than most  in closing it's borders and crucially is one of the least densely populated countries on the planet

All countries face different challenges, and I'm certainly not putting down anyone else, but only 4 deaths out of 7.4 million with a population density of 6,300 people per square kilometre is spectacularly well done, especially given their geographical location. 

For comparison, the most densely populated city in australia is Sydney with 1,900 people per square km by the way.

Geoff Kilpatrick
55 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

The key point was number 2, not the masks. Along with the number of tests done as well. The latter is why America is shithouse despite now adopting masks.

Jambof3tornado
6 hours ago, Jammy T said:

But increases the chance of you getting it as it subconsciously encourages you to touch your face more to fix it, move it etc

I agree with the public pressure point.

We would be too busy clapping our team to be messing about with face covering adjustments.

Jambo, Goodbye
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The key point was number 2, not the masks. Along with the number of tests done as well. The latter is why America is shithouse despite now adopting masks.

And the key point in asia is a different reason. I was talking about asia specifically. I didn't include Oz cos they've done well for different reasons

The countries failing have failed at both your point and mine imo

Edited by Jambo, Goodbye

Jambo, Goodbye
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Smithee said:

All countries face different challenges, and I'm certainly not putting down anyone else, but only 4 deaths out of 7.4 million with a population density of 6,300 people per square kilometre is spectacularly well done, especially given their geographical location. 

For comparison, the most densely populated city in australia is Sydney with 1,900 people per square km by the way.

True but I'm specifically talking about Asia who in some places were not as fast to close their borders as australia but are still head and shoulders above the west. And people on here still knocking one of the obvious differences.

Also I said australia couldn't be compared in response to its entire population being used. Sydney is 5m so it becomes a more realistic point to make if we're going to compare it to heavily densely populated places like Hong Kong. I think its fair for me to reject australia being compared to Korea, for example 

Edited by Jambo, Goodbye

Smithee
21 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

True but I'm specifically talking about Asia who in some places were not as fast to close their borders as australia but are still head and shoulders above the west. And people on here still knocking one of the obvious differences.

Also I said australia couldn't be compared in response to its entire population being used. Sydney is 5m so it becomes a more realistic point to make if we're going to compare it to heavily densely populated places like Hong Kong. I think its fair for me to reject australia being compared to Korea, for example 

I don't disagree 👍

I'd be interested to hear thoughts on why Australia's been so successful from those who know more on the subject too.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I don't disagree 👍

I'd be interested to hear thoughts on why Australia's been so successful from those who know more on the subject too.

That's an easy threefold answer. Making returnees from overseas self-isolate for 14 days and then tightening that to quarantine in hotels, mass testing, tracing and isolating and social distance compliance. We didn't lockdown to the extent that Europe did but we didn't need to because of that compliance.

Jambo, Goodbye
16 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That's an easy threefold answer. Making returnees from overseas self-isolate for 14 days and then tightening that to quarantine in hotels, mass testing, tracing and isolating and social distance compliance. We didn't lockdown to the extent that Europe did but we didn't need to because of that compliance.

Australia has done fantastic. 

No lockdown in korea either. After the explosion of cases in Daegu it was very quickly sorted out. We had that because we were too slow to close our borders, we got away with it though

GorgieFifeLife
5 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Throw in Hong Kong too

Anybody who thinks masks are the main reason for this is thick as mince.

ri Alban
10 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Aye, they said that about care homes anaw.

Jambo, Goodbye
2 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Anybody who thinks masks are the main reason for this is thick as mince.

No, just observant. 

But do tell me why you think Korea is destroying most of the world when it comes to containing the virus? 

Also,  who said it was the "main reason"? If you need to twist what I said,  then you're not really arguing from a credible point of view to begin with. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

No, just observant. 

But do tell me why you think Korea is destroying most of the world when it comes to containing the virus? 

Also,  who said it was the "main reason"? If you need to twist what I said,  then you're not really arguing from a credible point of view to begin with. 

Because Korea did more testing, that's why. Masks are a hangover from SARS there.

GorgieFifeLife
9 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

No, just observant. 

Not twisting anything.  Masks are not the reason for the lower death rates in these countries which you were clearly implying.  Where did I say Korea was destroying the world?  You ended your post by saying people were thick as mince if they didn't believe masks were effective.  This is funny as the bulk of scientific evidence says they are not effective.  

fancy a brew
13 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

This attitude (not you) gets on my tits, as does the jammie wearer schtick...thankfully most of the spangles who parrot this shite are now talking about hearts elsewhere...

Or calling someone a 'scarfer'. Used by wannabe casuals down the generations.

Guilty, I go to the football to watch the game, not dance on the pavement outside.

:cornette:

Jambo, Goodbye
27 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Because Korea did more testing, that's why. Masks are a hangover from SARS there.

Testing played a huge role absolutely. That and tracing are the two i'd say were the main components. But they were only testing people with symptoms to begin with and this was long after we had the virus. Daegu was well contained (eventually) because people were taking a physical precaution to stop it spreading. 

It's aided Asia as a whole significantly. 

jonnothejambo

My wife got 4 face masks from Amazon.

Turns out they are maroon. They have the filter pads and the nozzle bit (I'm not technical lol).....

Worn mine while at Tesco and I felt a bit of a dick initially but more and more people have them these days.