Levein and MacPhee left on May 31st ( updated )

mitch41

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Ah the Bordeaux home defeat - that was our first viewing of his famous 4-6-0 football strategy......🙈 

Not wasn't. 

They scored an unbelievable goal within minutes then pissed all over us. They were a better team. 

Litterally a level or two  above 

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

No, I’ve constantly said that my opinion matters not a jot on here. I recognise that fact and I do t think I know more about football management than those who do it for a living either, something I also don’t hesitate to state.

The difference here, is there are some people on here who not only genuinely believe they are more important than Levein or other Hearts employees, they go to the extent of actually trying to erase the good things he has achieved. PfK does all these things, and if you scroll back you will find him:

Measuring himself up against Levein in terms of a hypothetical physical altercation.

Stating he hasn’t done much more than him in terms of putting in to Hearts.

Piling on with the echo-chamber groupthink where the man is being painted as some kind of nefarious evil presence bent on destroying Hearts.

PfK thinks his opinion is more important than others. I’m merely pointing out it isn’t. I’m not going after him for making fair and balanced posts on the subject. 

There’s folk staying that Levein isn’t welcome back at Tynecastle. I mean seriously... it’s not me that’s deluding myself in terms of self importance, that takes some beating that one.

You’ve said it a few times now, I dint think my opinion is more important than anyone else’s.

I do think that the fans who support the club through thick and thin, who saved the club, who have pumped in £10m for the right to own the club and safeguard its future are more important than any employee successful or not. As it’s been shown I’m happy to discuss this.

As for a hypothetical altercation it was you that said people wouldn’t criticise Levein if he was sitting next to him, I said I would.

If we had played out the season do you think he would’ve appeared at the game where we might’ve have been relegated and not had any abuse.

As for sly digs I have openly criticised him on the thread, which is about him and many others where his recent contributions have put us in the horrible situation we find ourselves in. I have also praised and criticised him for his time as a player and his time as a manager, you act like he didn’t do anything wrong in either period.

Sorry if being Assistant Manager in a successful business isn’t enough for my opinion to be taken seriously, is there a list so we all know who’s is?

Randy Marsh
1 hour ago, The Fonz said:

John McGlynn’s spell as manager didn’t work out. What Levein has done is entirely different and completely alien in football. 

Id struggle to think of any individual that has done more damage to this club than him. He’s a toxic individual and his only concerns have been his ego and his wallet. It will take the club years to fully recover from this. 

I barely post on here and I’ve seen “the fans wanted Robbie out” line tonnes of times. It isn’t even remotely relevant or comparible to the Levein situation, not even worth mentioning. 

The hibs part is accepting years of complete shite, finishing below our city rivals and getting relegated. We’re watching that culture unfold before us.

Things like 22 in a row are an anomaly, but the reason they happen is because one side have the winning mentality and the other has the loser mentality. Levein has managed to create a loser culture within the club from his position of complete authority and why he’s hated more than just a manager who didn’t quite work out. 

The hibs culture is definitely here. Another poster said the championship next season would be good because we’d start winning games 😳. Look where we are and the direction we are going in, it’s so hibs it’s unreal. 

We’ll need a proper leader to turn this around and I don’t see many candidates in the club currently. 

Excellent post. 

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry if being Assistant Manager in a successful business isn’t enough for my opinion to be taken seriously, is there a list so we all know who’s is?

Keep your worthless opinions to yourself, 'barkeep'.

Vlad Magic
39 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Every single day that “hearts legend” takes money from the club instead of having the decency to resign (even Stendel isn’t taking a wage at the moment, CD, left early too to help the club) there should be a thread on the guy as a reminder.  He’s no shame so why should that be forgotten? 

Have you considered that Ann Budge might have asked him to stay at the club albeit in another role?

Randy Marsh
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Since you can't remember much. 

We never won a trophy for almost 40 years , any player for Hearts at that time never won a trophy. 

Good to joke about it tho. 

Great banter. 

Agreed its not funny.  Especially as Denis Prychynenko has a winners medal and Levein doesn't. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We never won a trophy for almost 40 years , any player for Hearts at that time never won a trophy. 

Great banter. 

You just made a joke about Leveins gambling habit?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

If only I could 🙈🔫

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, The Fonz said:

John McGlynn’s spell as manager didn’t work out. What Levein has done is entirely different and completely alien in football. 

Id struggle to think of any individual that has done more damage to this club than him. He’s a toxic individual and his only concerns have been his ego and his wallet. It will take the club years to fully recover from this. 

I barely post on here and I’ve seen “the fans wanted Robbie out” line tonnes of times. It isn’t even remotely relevant or comparible to the Levein situation, not even worth mentioning. 

The hibs part is accepting years of complete shite, finishing below our city rivals and getting relegated. We’re watching that culture unfold before us.

Things like 22 in a row are an anomaly, but the reason they happen is because one side have the winning mentality and the other has the loser mentality. Levein has managed to create a loser culture within the club from his position of complete authority and why he’s hated more than just a manager who didn’t quite work out. 

The hibs culture is definitely here. Another poster said the championship next season would be good because we’d start winning games 😳. Look where we are and the direction we are going in, it’s so hibs it’s unreal. 

We’ll need a proper leader to turn this around and I don’t see many candidates in the club currently. 

Spot on.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Have you considered that Ann Budge might have asked him to stay at the club albeit in another role?

It pains me to say it, but she's made a bit of a **** of it, hasn't she.

Bazzas right boot

CL was shite this season. 

Last season 6th place, lc sf and sf is by our standards average, not good but not poor. 

No even close to our worst seasons over the past 25years or so, never mind ever as some believe. It's factually not true. 

CL also left as manager with us in 11th.

We dropped to 12th, that wasn't completely his fault. It can't be. Impossible to be all his fault, he wasn't manager. 

He'll be gone by June, I knew that since December. 

We move on and have bigger problems and maybe more things to "debate" as opposed to  how much folk hate CL and what they blame him for. 

As the club faces expulsion and maybe even the existence of the club is in the balance folk want to slag CL. 

Tragic. 

I'd welcome him back, he tried his best but failed. 

He's given me some great days out, some shite and some sad. 

That's Hearts. 

The slagging him for a trophy is the worst patter ever by Hearts fans, Yip even worse than that imo. 😜

Also felt Macphee was hung out to dry when he taken temp charge. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Agreed its not funny.  Especially as Denis Prychynenko has a winners medal and Levein doesn't. 

Cracking stuff. 

3 hours ago, The Fonz said:

Stendel’s decent imo. I think it’s been abundantly clear that he’s been appalled at the complete and utter shit show he’s walked into. A squad that’s unfit, untalented and unmotivated. 

2 wins over Rangers is more than his predecessor achieved in decades in the game and the performance at Easter Road was the best derby win since the cup final imo. 

I’ve seen some of Levein’s fan club say “it didn’t work out, it happens” as if this is just a case of a managerial appointment that didn’t quite work. It isn’t.

Levein has created a truly toxic loser culture at the club where everyone picks up a hefty wage and no one is accountable for anything. It will take years and a huge amount of work to get out of this mentality. 

We’ve basically become Hibs and the worst thing is a significant number of fans don’t care because “Queen Ann saved us and we should be thankful to have a club to support”. 

Accurate in every respect.

davemclaren
22 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Is ‘barkeep’ actually a word? I prefer calling him Garcon. 🤷🏼‍♂️

indianajones
27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Great banter. 

Who is joking?

Levein gets touted on here as a Hearts legend because he is a former player and had a good first spell as a manager. Its pathetic. 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is ‘barkeep’ actually a word? I prefer calling him Garcon. 🤷🏼‍♂️

:D

Aye, in common with Garcon it's a fairly derisory term and a shitty way to adress someone. Especially in the context it was deployed above.

It's like calling the waiter at your local curry house 'boy'. 

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You’ve said it a few times now, I dint think my opinion is more important than anyone else’s.

I do think that the fans who support the club through thick and thin, who saved the club, who have pumped in £10m for the right to own the club and safeguard its future are more important than any employee successful or not. As it’s been shown I’m happy to discuss this.

As for a hypothetical altercation it was you that said people wouldn’t criticise Levein if he was sitting next to him, I said I would.

If we had played out the season do you think he would’ve appeared at the game where we might’ve have been relegated and not had any abuse.

As for sly digs I have openly criticised him on the thread, which is about him and many others where his recent contributions have put us in the horrible situation we find ourselves in. I have also praised and criticised him for his time as a player and his time as a manager, you act like he didn’t do anything wrong in either period.

Is that because of you or despite you?

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:D

Aye, in common with Garcon it's a fairly derisory term and a shitty way to adress someone. Especially in the context it was deployed above.

It's like calling the waiter at your local curry house 'boy'. 

He’s probably served me a pint or two so I’ll avoid that to prevent him gobbing in my beer. 🥴

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

He’s probably served me a pint or two so I’ll avoid that to prevent him gobbing in my beer. 🥴

You know I'll be calling him barkeep from now on.  :D

40 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Actually, you missed the point of my post to the other poster. He was baw-deep in the Levein is the devil hysteria that is so common on here, and he was stating that he shouldn’t be allowed back at the club he has given most of his life to. I asked if he would give him abuse if he was sitting next to him in the stand one day. I was asking him if he would show such a depth of delusion and a lack of decorum that he would deign to actually sit there and try and tell a man who has played, captained and managed the club that he is not welcome to sit there in the stand. You jumped in and assumed the only reason not to do so would be if you weren’t able to handle the man in a physical confrontation. You could be a ****ing cage fighter and that still wouldn’t be on. Not because you could batter a man who’s now approaching old age, but because you just don’t have the right or authority to do it. I’ve sat there and watched Levein teams put four past Celtic without reply. I’ve sat there and watched Austin McCann rifle in a howitzer last the same opposition. I’ve watched us get a bit of payback for the 6-2 through a Levein masterminded 5-1 savaging of the vermin. I’ve seen Levein teams beat good quality European sides in another stadium just along the road. I’ve stood and watched Levein show absolute masterclasses in defending before the stands were built, where he put everything on the line for the club. He’s contributed massive amounts to this club we support, and certainly a lot more than a handful of hysterical supporters who actually think it’s their place to say whether or not he’s earned the right to sit next to them in the stadium. Ludicrous. 

And no, being a successful assistant manager of a boozer is not comparable to managing a professional football team. I’m surprised you even need that pointed out. 

I’m all for criticism, although I think it needs to be tempered with realism, and a bit more balanced when the critics have no experience of the job in question. Criticism on those terms is absolutely justified. Hysterical abuse and over the top digs about a guy who’s dedicated so much of his life to the club is a massive ****ing cringe, and it displays a level of delusion that is frankly just unsavoury. Going to the lengths of actually trying to run out the positive aspects of the man’s time here is just pathetic, and even worse when someone actually thinks they are of a higher stature than him, in terms of contribution to the club.

I had no desire to come on here and start getting personal, I came on here to say what I did. To thank Levein for what he has done for the club and to wish him all the best for the future. That seems to be a red rag to a bull to some though, because they can’t handle someone holding a different opinion, and not joining in the personal abuse of the man. I was happy to leave it at the good will message, but others feel the need to rage about that, so I’m stuck having to point out the hysteria and delusion of those remarks.

37 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Yes I have considered it and I concluded it’s jobs for the boys shite costing money with no positive results. 

Have you considered he should have politely declined and left with some dignity to give the whole club a clean slate and we include the support in that? 

Edited by Last Laff

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I’m sure if it had been in spite of me I wouldn’t have lasted 13 years or be getting  paid the extra 20% from a guy who’s nobody’s mug when it comes to money.

33 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Last season 6th place, lc sf and sf is by our standards average, not good but not poor. 

No even close to our worst seasons over the past 25years or so, never mind ever as some believe. It's factually not true. 

We dropped to 12th, that wasn't completely his fault. It can't be. Impossible to be all his fault, he wasn't manager. 

We move on and have bigger problems and maybe more things to "debate" as opposed to  how much folk hate CL and what they blame him for. 

As the club faces expulsion and maybe even the existence of the club is in the balance folk want to slag CL. 

Tragic. 

That's Hearts. 

The slagging him for a trophy is the worst patter ever by Hearts fans, Yip even worse than that imo. 😜

We where utter shite the last six months of last season. Let’s no forget that? 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I dont think I’ve ever done that, crushed a few bags of crisps though 💪🏿, which I will be doing next time GT gets S&V or mini cheddars for his good lady 😱😜

Bull's-eye

A few struggling with being in lockdown i see. Only to be expected i suppose. 

😀😀😀😀😀😀

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

A few struggling with being in lockdown i see. Only to be expected i suppose. 

😀😀😀😀😀😀

Back of the Wheatfield.  :seething:

Ainsley Harriott
On 14/05/2020 at 12:46, tian447 said:

Let's get them classy parting gifts.

Maybe a crystal decanter of some sort. 

With a jobby in it.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Actually, you missed the point of my post to the other poster. He was baw-deep in the Levein is the devil hysteria that is so common on here, and he was stating that he shouldn’t be allowed back at the club he has given most of his life to. I asked if he would give him abuse if he was sitting next to him in the stand one day. I was asking him if he would show such a depth of delusion and a lack of decorum that he would deign to actually sit there and try and tell a man who has played, captained and managed the club that he is not welcome to sit there in the stand. You jumped in and assumed the only reason not to do so would be if you weren’t able to handle the man in a physical confrontation. You could be a ****ing cage fighter and that still wouldn’t be on. Not because you could batter a man who’s now approaching old age, but because you just don’t have the right or authority to do it. I’ve sat there and watched Levein teams put four past Celtic without reply. I’ve sat there and watched Austin McCann rifle in a howitzer last the same opposition. I’ve watched us get a bit of payback for the 6-2 through a Levein masterminded 5-1 savaging of the vermin. I’ve seen Levein teams beat good quality European sides in another stadium just along the road. I’ve stood and watched Levein show absolute masterclasses in defending before the stands were built, where he put everything on the line for the club. He’s contributed massive amounts to this club we support, and certainly a lot more than a handful of hysterical supporters who actually think it’s their place to say whether or not he’s earned the right to sit next to them in the stadium. Ludicrous. 

And no, being a successful assistant manager of a boozer is not comparable to managing a professional football team. I’m surprised you even need that pointed out. 

I’m all for criticism, although I think it needs to be tempered with realism, and a bit more balanced when the critics have no experience of the job in question. Criticism on those terms is absolutely justified. Hysterical abuse and over the top digs about a guy who’s dedicated so much of his life to the club is a massive ****ing cringe, and it displays a level of delusion that is frankly just unsavoury. Going to the lengths of actually trying to run out the positive aspects of the man’s time here is just pathetic, and even worse when someone actually thinks they are of a higher stature than him, in terms of contribution to the club.

I had no desire to come on here and start getting personal, I came on here to say what I did. To thank Levein for what he has done for the club and to wish him all the best for the future. That seems to be a red rag to a bull to some though, because they can’t handle someone holding a different opinion, and not joining in the personal abuse of the man. I was happy to leave it at the good will message, but others feel the need to rage about that, so I’m stuck having to point out the hysteria and delusion of those remarks.

Again you’re misquoting me. I didn’t compare my job to his, just that my opinion is as valid as anyone else’s.

He did contribute great times, I have agreed with that. He wouldn’t have been paid handsomely from us over the period if it wasn’t for us, no matter what he accomplished.

As you don’t seem to want to acknowledge it I will say it again. The fans are more important than any employee the club has ever had, there’s nothing without us.

I fully expect Levein to turn up as Hearts official COVID-19 chief medical advisor at the beginning of June, once he has turned in his audit paper about the restructuring requirements for the medical side of the club. 

In all seriousness I do expect Ann Budge will keep him on as an external consultant, and if it's out her own pocket and not on our wage bill then that's up to her. She has mentioned such in interviews not long after he was removed as HC/DoF. 

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m sure if it had been in spite of me I wouldn’t have lasted 13 years or be getting  paid the extra 20% from a guy who’s nobody’s mug when it comes to money.

And I'm sure it was successful for many many years before you appeared and probably before you were even born.

You claim your role as Asst Manager of a pub entitles your opinion to be of importance.  That would be fine if it in any way compared with being Hearts manager but as you say it's your manager that calls the shots and how many full time employees are there in the pub?   2. 3.4?    Compare that with CL who oversaw several teams and well over 100 employees and yet you have the audacity to claim your opinion is something special.  Bollocks.

To do his job he had a grounding as a player whereas  your job could be done with a fortnight's training.  Indeed some people set up in the pub business with virtually no training at all.

PS  Somewhere along the line you will complain when people mention your role as asst manager.  Just remember it was you who brought it up just as you did with furlough.

Edited by JamboAl

31 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

More personal cheap shots. Ignored by mods, Stay classy.  

Vlad Magic
27 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Yes I have considered it and I concluded it’s jobs for the boys shite costing money with no positive results. 

Have you considered he should have politely declined and left with some dignity to give the whole club a clean slate and we include the support in that? 

Yes. 

I have also accepted the fact that he chose not to.

Get over it.

Governor Tarkin

After my 6 week abence from the terrace it looks like the same tedious bores are having the same tedious arguments with the same tedious re-hashed posts.

Honestly, you utter dullards make me hate Hearts. 

Hopefully a spell in the lower divison hurts and brings in to sharp focus the endemic failure you losers continue to defend in one way or another.

Ta-ta for now, chumps. See you on the terrace at Recreation Park.

51 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No even close to our worst seasons over the past 25years or so, never mind ever as some believe. It's factually not true

Tragic. 

That's Hearts. 

We finished 6th for 2 season in a row, with either the 3rd or 4th biggest budget. Your nonchalant acceptance of that sort of performance as historically average, and therefore ok is the exact attitude that has allowed a loser mentality to overwhelm the club in recent season. Responsibility lies more with Budge than Levein imo, Levein was simply not up to the job, hardly an unusual occurrence in n football, but Budge let him sail the ship into the rocks.

9 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

More personal cheap shots. Ignored by mods, Stay classy.  

Not personal - just comparing the 2 jobs.  That would apply to anyone  in a similar bar role

Edited by JamboAl

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

We where utter shite the last six months of last season. Let’s no forget that? 

Ofc and the Continuation of that got him sacked as manager. 

We finished 6th that season tho, if anything, especially now we should agree that a league season is 38 games, not ten, not 6 months... Not 30 games. 

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

With a jobby in it.

Jobby is an under used word. 

13 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

I fully expect Levein to turn up as Hearts official COVID-19 chief medical advisor at the beginning of June, once he has turned in his audit paper about the restructuring requirements for the medical side of the club. 

In all seriousness I do expect Ann Budge will keep him on as an external consultant, and if it's out her own pocket and not on our wage bill then that's up to her. She has mentioned such in interviews not long after he was removed as HC/DoF. 

I'm convinced she will. Posted that earlier on this thread. 

Even if she doesn't officially employ him in some made up job there is very good reason to believe that she'll still seek his advice. She's said herself that she relies on him. 

I won't be celebrating Levein's leaving on May 31. I'll save that for Ann Budge's departure. 

Craig Levein has brought all of this criticism on himself. If he’d handled the Cathro situation better by admitting sooner that he’d made a mistake. He wanted to give Cathro more time. He wanted Jon Daly to be the next manager. He was against all the othe candidates. He did something he always said he wouldn’t do Take the Managers job ! He signed too many poor players. He ended up being guilty of making Hearts a team that was one of the worst teams we have been since relegations in the late 70’s early 80’s. He never did the right thing and resign as manager and held on till Ann Budge sacked him only for him to hang on in the background drawing a wage.

He has ended up being disliked as many look on him as being a wage thief sucking every penny out of Hearts until his contract runs out on the 31st of May. 
For a man who was loved by so many Hearts supporters over the years he has made himself into a man who has let the club down as well as himself. 

12 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Yes. 

I have also accepted the fact that he chose not to.

Get over it.

Ill be over him taking a wage from the club when he no longer is.  It’s worth reminding each and every day the snake he is. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tragic. 

That's Hearts. 

The league positions although factual, don’t even begin to go into the damage the man has done to the club. The culture at Hearts just now is rotten and that comes from a lot more than just losing a few games. 

Like I said in my previous post we’re hibs as **** and changing the trajectory of that is a mammoth task. Worse still this mentality seems to have been adopted by a section of our own support who are totally adverse to holding anyone to account for running the club into the ground. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

We finished 6th for 2 season in a row, with either the 3rd or 4th biggest budget. Your nonchalant acceptance of that sort of performance as historically average, and therefore ok is the exact attitude that has allowed a loser mentality to overwhelm the club in recent season. Responsibility lies more with Budge than Levein imo, Levein was simply not up to the job, hardly an unusual occurrence in n football, but Budge let him sail the ship into the rocks.

No one accepted it. 

But it wasn't as bad  many made out.  6th place is exactly what it is. 

A lc sf and sf should also not be ignored, especially as many folk used that against previous managers, for example Robbie when the league positions of his tenure were pointed out. 

Folk change the goal posts to suit how they feel, fair enough but no need for the personal stuff about CL, or tbh any Hearts players. 

davemclaren
38 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I dont think I’ve ever done that, crushed a few bags of crisps though 💪🏿, which I will be doing next time GT gets S&V or mini cheddars for his good lady 😱😜

Crisp crushing. 🤔

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ofc and the Continuation of that got him sacked as manager. 

We finished 6th that season tho, if anything, especially now we should agree that a league season is 38 games, not ten, not 6 months... Not 30 games. 

I do agree.  It was an average season as a whole but the six months to the end it was disgraceful and we agree again, he should have left after the final but his character of putting himself ahead of the greater good stopped that. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, The Fonz said:

The league positions although factual, don’t even begin to go into the damage the man has done to the club. The culture at Hearts just now is rotten and that comes from a lot more than just losing a few games. 

Like I said in my previous post we’re hibs as **** and changing the trajectory of that is a mammoth task. Worse still this mentality seems to have been adopted by a section of our own support who are totally adverse to holding anyone to account for running the club into the ground. 

We're not hibs as ****. 

The club hasn't been run into the ground. 

Be cool. 

:fonzie:

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

I do agree.  It was an average season as a whole but the six months to the end it was disgraceful and we agree again, he should have left after the final but his character of putting himself ahead of the greater good stopped that. 

Yeah, or the fact he was too stubborn/ determined to turn it around. 

Either way, same result. 

Vlad Magic

I see the Talk Hearts massive are back.

Those pesky little scamps just can’t help themselves 

😂

4 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

Turns out that inanely repeating "I can see the bigger picture" isn't really any kind of response to the serial, glaringly obvious mismanagement of the "football department".

I mean, who'da thunk it?