Levein and MacPhee left on May 31st ( updated )

mitch41

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Worth pointing out the the initial mention of shouting in his face was made by him 

Very very odd behaviour 

He still probably believes that big bad Levein is a great manager, he thinks he’s a 55 yo pensioner ffs 😃😂😆🤣.

Randy Marsh
23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good point. I also liked him as a player, went to both his testimonials and was gutted when he left to go to Leicester . These last few years have really soured any good will I had towards him.

I was actually at one of those testimonials against Coventry City.  It was one of my first Hearts matches and the crowd was embarrassing.  You would have expected a lot more in attendance for a club 'legend'. 

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Just looked it up.  He brought on Kenny Milne for Petric when McSwegan was sitting on the bench.😂

I had to look it up too, Stuart Dougal was a rabid hun, two sent off for two yellow cards each 😱 Hr couldn’t have been popular at the lodge for months after that even though he gave them a dodgy penalty that helped them win the game.

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think because of the in depth analysis of the game now we all know more and expect to be entertained, winning football does that but repetitive dire defensive slow passing at the back then a hoof to play for corners and free kicks doesn’t win friends.

I fall into the category of moany *******s, shocking eh, but I was brought up by someone who had seen the team in the 50s and suffered the 70s so demanded better. For the third biggest club we have really underperformed in the last 40 years for various reasons.

I’ve ended up back in the pub just after half time, sometimes stayed in the pub and not even gone to the game just to avoid the pish we’ve been served up the last few years. There’s no disputing that. But it’s nothing new, we’ve not had a Man Utd style fall from grace after years of domination and that’s what I can’t get my head around.

This in depth analysis is all English and European Champions league based nonsense. Every team in Scotland plays shite football outside of Rangers and Celtic. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I was actually at one of those testimonials against Coventry City.  It was one of my first Hearts matches and the crowd was embarrassing.  You would have expected a lot more in attendance for a club 'legend'. 

Coventry were not that a big a draw, 3k. Over 8k at the next one which was against Hibs, we got beat too 🙈.

18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

am criticising him for all the things he’s done recently that have cost us dearly and will continue to do so. 

No, you weren’t. I’ll happily prove this to you if you decide to pretend that is the case going forwards :rofl:

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I’ve ended up back in the pub just after half time, sometimes stayed in the pub and not even gone to the game just to avoid the pish we’ve been served up the last few years. There’s no disputing that. But it’s nothing new, we’ve not had a Man Utd style fall from grace after years of domination and that’s what I can’t get my head around.

This in depth analysis is all English and European Champions league based nonsense. Every team in Scotland plays shite football outside of Rangers and Celtic. 

Agreed. It doesn’t mean it shouldn’t change, every man and his dog are playing like Man City these days down south, passing out from the back is quite entertaining for neutrals. I can’t believe you’ve just slandered the Green Cowdenbeath from Leith 😜🤪.

Georgecowie
12 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I’d like to have 2 top class keepers with one being the coach. 
let’s say Craig Gordon as a keeper and coach.

someone like Jon McLaughlin as a keeper.

with one of our talented reserve keeper in the first team squad of 25 players.

Good shout. Morelos and Edouard up top? I would love to see Craig return. 

12 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Can't remember him as a player and he never won anything either as a player or manager so yep, still happy enough to call this 'legend' an arrogant arsehole who is solely responsible for this mess. 

Sadly, I agree with you.  He should have resigned when things were going from bad to worse.  That would have kept his integrity in tact.

I was angry when he turned his back on Rudi Skacel right at the beginning of his tenure.  Still angry about that today.

If only AB had made a different appointment.  The obvious one would have been to give Lockie a season to see what he could do.  Plenty of others would have lined up to manage Hearts.

Can't change history though.  Levein has well and truly made his bed.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

No, you weren’t. I’ll happily prove this to you if you decide to pretend that is the case going forwards :rofl:

So i wasn’t criticising him for costing us millions recently and another £3m imminently? 
Go on then prove it, whilst you’re at it prove he’s a 55 year old pensioner and that we won in Braga and getting put out by Bordeaux was an achievement 😂🤣😃

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

So i wasn’t criticising him for costing us millions recently and another £3m imminently? 
Go on then prove it, whilst you’re at it prove he’s a 55 year old pensioner and that we won in Braga and getting put out by Bordeaux was an achievement 😂🤣😃

Ah the Bordeaux home defeat - that was our first viewing of his famous 4-6-0 football strategy......🙈 

Bad Religion
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You come across as a very strange man. 

John mcCartney

that fecking cross should signify an imminent purge of lickspittle Leveinites on here with pitchforks.

While Im frothing about the ogre,mods please put a concensus out on getting shot of those fecking emojis of
Lesream on here.

A total cleansing operation by the 31st of May please.

`I dont even like Spain`

6 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

I like Stendel too. I also know people involved who say he's completely isolated himself and is a very strange character, not the everyone loves him klopp style persona you'd be led to believe from his Barnsley days.  I'm more in the right guy at the wrong time camp.

I'm not blaming the fans for the team being where they are although I do think it has influenced certain things. I simply observed in my original post that the fan culture at Hearts is crap just now.  The worst it's been since I started going to games in late 80's, early 90's.  So many fans banging on about playing good football, feck that.  Results are what matters and I think the board have been influenced to muck about with the likes of Cathro instead of getting someone who'll come in and get results.

Stendel’s decent imo. I think it’s been abundantly clear that he’s been appalled at the complete and utter shit show he’s walked into. A squad that’s unfit, untalented and unmotivated. 

2 wins over Rangers is more than his predecessor achieved in decades in the game and the performance at Easter Road was the best derby win since the cup final imo. 

I’ve seen some of Levein’s fan club say “it didn’t work out, it happens” as if this is just a case of a managerial appointment that didn’t quite work. It isn’t.

Levein has created a truly toxic loser culture at the club where everyone picks up a hefty wage and no one is accountable for anything. It will take years and a huge amount of work to get out of this mentality. 

We’ve basically become Hibs and the worst thing is a significant number of fans don’t care because “Queen Ann saved us and we should be thankful to have a club to support”. 

49 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

We’ve basically become Hibs and the worst thing is a significant number of fans don’t care

The most “Hibs” like behaviour from our support has been the guys who weren’t happy with us winning. The guys who were “bored” when we were in second/third place because the football didn’t have enough “flair” for them.  

:cornette:

1 hour ago, John mcCartney said:

that fecking cross should signify an imminent purge of lickspittle Leveinites on here with pitchforks.

While Im frothing about the ogre,mods please put a concensus out on getting shot of those fecking emojis of
Lesream on here.

`I dont even like Spain`

Yeah, kick everyone off the forum that doesn’t agree with you. That’ll work. 

:bolt:

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

The most “Hibs” like behaviour from our support has been the guys who weren’t happy with us winning. The guys who were “bored” when we were in second/third place because the football didn’t have enough “flair” for them.  

There wasn’t really that many in that camp. Seems to be the go to deflection tactic to talk about Robbie Neilson getting grief to deflect from valid criticism of Levein. 

He has basically turned us into Hibs though. How many years have they finished above us consecutively now? Our decline has been remarkably similar to theirs that culminated in them being relegated in 2014. 

It’s bizarre watching a total culture shift. Kind of like the complete opposite of what happened when Alex McDonald came in and set the trajectory for the next 30 or so years. 

It’s horrible watching us sleepwalking into becoming hibs, going on about the stand or balance sheets and ignoring what happens on the park. Turning it around is going to require a real leader and it’s clear that we don’t have someone fitting that mould in the club just now. 

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Talk Hearts references... 

How many profiles have you created now m8? Bit sad. :lol:

You're obsessed.

8 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

:rofl:

*last orders*

Ffs.

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Stay classy.

He's obviously having a breakdown, mate. This sort of behaviour is totally out of character for him.

You, on the other hand, always* talk pish.

*almost.

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

What an unnecessarily snide comment.

That's like some of the petty shite your mates on the other Hearts forum would come out with when they're ripping you up.

Dont be a ****ing dick, Mothy.

Nah, PfK has mentioned his job on here plenty times. He’s posted info about Hearts players being in his place of work. **** all snide about it. Nothing wrong with what he does for a living. I only reference it because he (amongst others right enough) were happy to pile on to a guy who has played, captained and managed our club, as though he was some punter of the street. The high and mighty bullshit directed at him from folk who have contributed far less to our history is the real “dick” behaviour here. Nothing wrong with criticism, but it’s moved beyond that for some. 

Levein’s second spell didn’t work out. That’s universally agreed. The outpouring of abuse he gets for doing his best and failing is OTT from some quarters though. The campaigns to denigrate his involvement with HMFC is pretty laughable. We are to just forget about any of the good things he has achieved with us, and call him childish wee names, to the point where the poster in question has actually started to believe he is more important than, and has done more for the club (look through his posts, you will find them). A highlight being the assumption that I was warning of a potential physical altercation when I asked another poster if they would scream abuse at Levein if he was sitting next to them at Tynecastle. PfK jumps in and says “why not” as though the only reason not to do something that pathetic would be in case you got clumped. Laughable.

In fact just look up Heart of Midlothian on Wikipedia, Transfermarkt or London Hearts. Many of the most emotional moments in our history are connected to the guy. Often with two or three points to boot. Yet the hysterical circle-jerk nature of a Levein pile on thread on here allows some supporters to actually believe that a man who has given his all for the club is some nobody to be abused, and that the are somehow above him? Nah, sometimes in situations like that, a big dose of perspective is needed.

If you want to discuss the other forum PM me. I’ll not bother dragging it up in public on here. Suffice to say you are well off the mark on that one.

6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Nah, PfK has mentioned his job on here plenty times. He’s posted info about Hearts players being in his place of work. **** all snide about it. Nothing wrong with what he does for a living. I only reference it because he (amongst others right enough) were happy to pile on to a guy who has played, captained and managed our club, as though he was some punter of the street. The high and mighty bullshit directed at him from folk who have contributed far less to our history is the real “dick” behaviour here. Nothing wrong with criticism, but it’s moved beyond that for some. 

Levein’s second spell didn’t work out. That’s universally agreed. The outpouring of abuse he gets for doing his best and failing is OTT from some quarters though. The campaigns to denigrate his involvement with HMFC is pretty laughable. We are to just forget about any of the good things he has achieved with us, and call him childish wee names, to the point where the poster in question has actually started to believe he is more important than, and has done more for the club (look through his posts, you will find them). A highlight being the assumption that I was warning of a potential physical altercation when I asked another poster if they would scream abuse at Levein if he was sitting next to them at Tynecastle. PfK jumps in and says “why not” as though the only reason not to do something that pathetic would be in case you got clumped. Laughable.

In fact just look up Heart of Midlothian on Wikipedia, Transfermarkt or London Hearts. Many of the most emotional moments in our history are connected to the guy. Often with two or three points to boot. Yet the hysterical circle-jerk nature of a Levein pile on thread on here allows some supporters to actually believe that a man who has given his all for the club is some nobody to be abused, and that the are somehow above him? Nah, sometimes in situations like that, a big dose of perspective is needed.

If you want to discuss the other forum PM me. I’ll not bother dragging it up in public on here. Suffice to say you are well off the mark on that one.

I think you’re jealous he’s taken your talking pish title. Jesus man fight for it. 

The post I’ve quoted is a good start. 

:lol: 

23 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

There wasn’t really that many in that camp. Seems to be the go to deflection tactic to talk about Robbie Neilson getting grief to deflect from valid criticism of Levein. 

He has basically turned us into Hibs though. How many years have they finished above us consecutively now? Our decline has been remarkably similar to theirs that culminated in them being relegated in 2014. 

It’s bizarre watching a total culture shift. Kind of like the complete opposite of what happened when Alex McDonald came in and set the trajectory for the next 30 or so years. 

It’s horrible watching us sleepwalking into becoming hibs, going on about the stand or balance sheets and ignoring what happens on the park. Turning it around is going to require a real leader and it’s clear that we don’t have someone fitting that mould in the club just now. 

It’s not anyone’s “go to”, it’s a fact. Hibs spent years trying to wipe away their tears with a comfort blanket of ‘flair’. We used to ridicule them for it. We’ve now arrived in a place where style of play is suddenly more important than results. That IS Hibs.

You’ll be hard pushed to find anyone who doesn’t think Levein’s second spell sadly ended in failure. I doubt you’d find more than two genuine supporters on here who would argue with that. That’s not what’s being debated though. What’s happening here, is an attempt to denigrate a man who has given everything for the club, to the point where folk are starting to try and smudge over the good things he has achieved with us. It’s mental. Folk need to move on and get a bit of perspective back regarding the man.

This all kicked off because I dared to thank him, wish him well, and not pile in when folk were lavishing in the hysteria about him. It’s ridiculous that a person can not be a bit more balanced and offer a different perspective without the echo-chamber denizens bouncing up and down in rage.

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I think you’re jealous he’s taken your talking pish title. Jesus man fight for it. 

The post I’ve quoted is a good start. 

A guy who’s entire contribution to the forum is sly digs? Nah, I’ll not be asking you to hold my towel in the talk shite world title bout. Cheers. :lol:

8 hours ago, indianajones said:

Can't remember him as a player and he never won anything either as a player or manager so yep, still happy enough to call this 'legend' an arrogant arsehole who is solely responsible for this mess. 

Bollocks 

manaliveits105
47 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Spot on absolutely strange behaviour 

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

A guy who’s entire contribution to the forum is sly digs? Nah, I’ll not be asking you to hold my towel in the talk shite world title bout. Cheers. :lol:

You’ve just displayed sly digs on this thread. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

That riled many fans and no wonder. There can be few, if any, individuals who have routinely been humiliated in Glasgow the way Levein has over the past 35 years 

Conditioned to losing.  Laughed it off in the knowledge that he had safest job in football 

Shit has hit the fan now though 

There are also few who dished out a 4-0 hammering to a team on a 69 unbeaten run either. 

We've been trounced in Glasgow numerous times over the last 25 years, pick a number between 3-5. 

In the 90's and 00's we taken a few hammerings from them at home too. 

Not the only team, Aberdeen ran up scores closer those in rugby ones at a time. 

Stop trying to make things worse than they are. You do try tho. 

Everyone knows it went wrong 

6th, lc sf ands sc final--average 

This season he left us 11th and in a lc sf. Very poor. 

11 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It’s not anyone’s “go to”, it’s a fact. Hibs spent years trying to wipe away their tears with a comfort blanket of ‘flair’. We used to ridicule them for it. We’ve now arrived in a place where style of play is suddenly more important than results. That IS Hibs.

You’ll be hard pushed to find anyone who doesn’t think Levein’s second spell sadly ended in failure. I doubt you’d find more than two genuine supporters on here who would argue with that. That’s not what’s being debated though. What’s happening here, is an attempt to denigrate a man who has given everything for the club, to the point where folk are starting to try and smudge over the good things he has achieved with us. It’s mental. Folk need to move on and get a bit of perspective back regarding the man.

This all kicked off because I dared to thank him, wish him well, and not pile in when folk were lavishing in the hysteria about him. It’s ridiculous that a person can not be a bit more balanced and offer a different perspective without the echo-chamber denizens bouncing up and down in rage.

John McGlynn’s spell as manager didn’t work out. What Levein has done is entirely different and completely alien in football. 

Id struggle to think of any individual that has done more damage to this club than him. He’s a toxic individual and his only concerns have been his ego and his wallet. It will take the club years to fully recover from this. 

I barely post on here and I’ve seen “the fans wanted Robbie out” line tonnes of times. It isn’t even remotely relevant or comparible to the Levein situation, not even worth mentioning. 

The hibs part is accepting years of complete shite, finishing below our city rivals and getting relegated. We’re watching that culture unfold before us.

Things like 22 in a row are an anomaly, but the reason they happen is because one side have the winning mentality and the other has the loser mentality. Levein has managed to create a loser culture within the club from his position of complete authority and why he’s hated more than just a manager who didn’t quite work out. 

The hibs culture is definitely here. Another poster said the championship next season would be good because we’d start winning games 😳. Look where we are and the direction we are going in, it’s so hibs it’s unreal. 

We’ll need a proper leader to turn this around and I don’t see many candidates in the club currently. 

8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

You’ve just displayed sly digs on this thread. 

That’s the sum total of your posts on here. That’s the difference.

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It's so obvious as well. 

Some posters on a match day thread don't comment or even celebrate a goal. 

However, on the same thread they are ripping every player to bits just before are after. 

What joy do these folk ever get in supporting Hearts. 

Supporting Hearts has never been easy, but at least take joy in the good times. 

They really only seem to care when we are getting beat. 

The best thing about CL going is that there will be no more threads on the guy. 

I think he's a nap for the St Johnstone job.... 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's so obvious as well. 

However, on the same thread they are ripping every player to bits just before are after. 

Seen that many a time on here

How sad is this thread. We have known for months that Levein was leaving at the end of May but the haters were obviously needing something to shout at during this crisis. 

23 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Well said. Think I'll leave this thread now so everyone else can fight over who hates cl the most

Vlad Magic

Dedicating huge chunks of your day and on some occasions night to talk about a man whom not only do you hate but also blame for where we are as a club? Too then repeat that day after day, week after week and month after month?

I genuinely don’t get that?

Governor Tarkin
38 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

You've got a cheek deriding folk for thinking they are more important than they are.

Your petty insinuation that PFK's opinion means **** all because he's only a 'barkeep' was totally uncalled for.

The truth is that your opinion means **** all too. Same as the rest of us. How's that for perspective.

I'll not bother PM'ing you about your spat with the other forum because I don't give a shit, but you really don't do yourself any favours at times.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Christ, is this what I was like last Saturday?!

Straight up apologies, JKB.

Even trump is talking about it 🙄

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Haven't ventured on to the terrace for a month or so. What did I miss?

12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You've got a cheek deriding folk for thinking they are more important than they are.

Your petty insinuation that PFK's opinion means **** all because he's only a 'barkeep' was totally uncalled for.

The truth is that your opinion means **** all too. Same as the rest of us. How's that for perspective.

I'll not bother PM'ing you about your spat with the other forum because I don't give a shit, but you really don't do yourself any favours at times.

No, I’ve constantly said that my opinion matters not a jot on here. I recognise that fact and I do t think I know more about football management than those who do it for a living either, something I also don’t hesitate to state.

The difference here, is there are some people on here who not only genuinely believe they are more important than Levein or other Hearts employees, they go to the extent of actually trying to erase the good things he has achieved. PfK does all these things, and if you scroll back you will find him:

Measuring himself up against Levein in terms of a hypothetical physical altercation.

Stating he hasn’t done much more than him in terms of putting in to Hearts.

Piling on with the echo-chamber groupthink where the man is being painted as some kind of nefarious evil presence bent on destroying Hearts.

PfK thinks his opinion is more important than others. I’m merely pointing out it isn’t. I’m not going after him for making fair and balanced posts on the subject. 

There’s folk staying that Levein isn’t welcome back at Tynecastle. I mean seriously... it’s not me that’s deluding myself in terms of self importance, that takes some beating that one.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

16 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

John McGlynn’s spell as manager didn’t work out. What Levein has done is entirely different and completely alien in football. 

Id struggle to think of any individual that has done more damage to this club than him. He’s a toxic individual and his only concerns have been his ego and his wallet. It will take the club years to fully recover from this. 

I barely post on here and I’ve seen “the fans wanted Robbie out” line tonnes of times. It isn’t even remotely relevant or comparible to the Levein situation, not even worth mentioning. 

The hibs part is accepting years of complete shite, finishing below our city rivals and getting relegated. We’re watching that culture unfold before us.

Things like 22 in a row are an anomaly, but the reason they happen is because one side have the winning mentality and the other has the loser mentality. Levein has managed to create a loser culture within the club from his position of complete authority and why he’s hated more than just a manager who didn’t quite work out. 

The hibs culture is definitely here. Another poster said the championship next season would be good because we’d start winning games 😳. Look where we are and the direction we are going in, it’s so hibs it’s unreal. 

We’ll need a proper leader to turn this around and I don’t see many candidates in the club currently. 

Mcglynn is a good example, we've had poor managers in the past, and have been relegated several times. But I can't think of any point in our history when with the 3rd highest budget, we were in the relegation zone. Supporting a football club is an emotional business, so if you share my logic that Levein is the most underperforming manager we've ever had, its hardly a surprise that people are angry.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

We'll keep it on topic here though.

Everyone else is doing such a good job, it'd be a shame to make it all about me. :lol:

39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's so obvious as well. 

See that highlighted part.

Are you a betting man?

48 minutes ago, XB52 said:

How sad is this thread. We have known for months that Levein was leaving at the end of May but the haters were obviously needing something to shout at during this crisis. 

If he hadn’t been a classless rat ******* and resigned when he should have this thread wouldn’t  have been created.  Him and his pal who does **** all but blag it also.   So it’s not a case of let’s just ignore that and never criticise Levein because he’s still taking a wage from the club - even at this time. 

Edited by Last Laff

32 minutes ago, Barack said:

Similar. Your little episode had a bit more abuse, where as I have been less on the nose. :lol:

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

See that highlighted part.

Are you a betting man?

Fair point. 

I know a guy who is tho.... 

40 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Dedicating huge chunks of your day and on some occasions night to talk about a man whom not only do you hate but also blame for where we are as a club? Too then repeat that day after day, week after week and month after month?

I genuinely don’t get that?

Every single day that “hearts legend” takes money from the club instead of having the decency to resign (even Stendel isn’t taking a wage at the moment, CD, left early too to help the club) there should be a thread on the guy as a reminder.  He’s no shame so why should that be forgotten? 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You're obsessed.

Ffs.

He's obviously having a breakdown, mate. This sort of behaviour is totally out of character for him.

You, on the other hand, always* talk pish.

*almost.

Almost 😜

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, John mcCartney said:

Lesream on here.

`I dont even like Spain`

Fair point.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, indianajones said:

Since you can't remember much. 

We never won a trophy for almost 40 years , any player for Hearts at that time never won a trophy. 

Good to joke about it tho. 

Great banter.