Levein and MacPhee left on May 31st ( updated )

mitch41

It should have been ten
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve seen him hit a Hearts supporter from behind in the early 90s, I’ve shouted at him before in Cathros last game and wouldn’t hesitate to do it again, whether I know him or not.

Cool 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Agreed. He was a very good manager too, in his first term here. Wasn’t all shite in his second either, although it did fall apart.

What I just don’t get, is the personal nature of the abuse. I think it reflects far worse on those that dish it out.

Possibly something to do with the awful decisions, the boring football, the wasted millions and the fact we are going to be demoted any day with the cost of over £3m to add on, and the fact that a few people who derided anyone who criticised still him love they guy after all the damage he’s caused.

Edited by Pasquale for King

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not sure if Naismith training when he felt like it or at home would’ve seen him back under Levein, maybe just before the Scotland games. Washington played throughout the awful league cup games and scored a penalty and a rebound before being injured in mid September where we hadn’t won a league game in six attempts. Not sure how much of a difference he would’ve made really. Budge is definitely at fault though, for even giving him the job in the first place and leaving it far to late to sack him. 

i don’t know the details around Naismith but the game after Levein was sacked both Naismith and walker played some part - Washington return on the horizon and I think maybe souttar too (?)

so after a horrendous (almost certainly badly managed) extended injury crisis just when the players were coming back Levein was sacked - not a coincidence at a time where queen ann was starting to become the focal point of fan discontent

not excusing Levein - made plenty of mistakes including laughing-off a 5-0 drubbing as league leaders to Celtic but the whole regime has gone very very sour - something really fundamentally wrong - needs swept out the door at the first realistic opportunity - which who knows when that will be now

41 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Na, you definitely missed it because it came just before creditability which is on the last line.

We’ll put it down to it being a long day😴

Fair point.

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Possibly something to do with the awful decisions, the boring football, the wasted millions and the fact we are going to be demoted any day with the cost of over £3m to add on, and the fact that a few people who derided anyone who criticised still him love they guy after all the damage he’s caused.

Why do these international standard players on excellent money get away scot free? Don't get me wrong I'm not defending Levein, he should have left in glorious failure after the cup final.  The whole culture at the club is stinking, including the fans.  The messiah Stendel hasn't exactly whipped anybody in to shape.  Maybe a year in the championship is what we need.

East Lothian Jambo
9 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

i don’t know the details around Naismith but the game after Levein was sacked both Naismith and walker played some part - Washington return on the horizon and I think maybe souttar too (?)

so after a horrendous (almost certainly badly managed) extended injury crisis just when the players were coming back Levein was sacked - not a coincidence at a time where queen ann was starting to become the focal point of fan discontent

not excusing Levein - made plenty of mistakes including laughing-off a 5-0 drubbing as league leaders to Celtic but the whole regime has gone very very sour - something really fundamentally wrong - needs swept out the door at the first realistic opportunity - which who knows when that will be now

That riled many fans and no wonder. There can be few, if any, individuals who have routinely been humiliated in Glasgow the way Levein has over the past 35 years 

Conditioned to losing.  Laughed it off in the knowledge that he had safest job in football 

Shit has hit the fan now though 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

the fact that a few people who derided anyone who criticised still him love they guy after all the damage he’s caused.

Get over yourself barkeep. He’s done a lot more for our club than you ever will. Take a day off from this shit that should be beneath you, and grow up. :lol:

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Yes she was getting abuse fur not sacking him, the same thing happened with Cathro. Quite a few players came back after Levein for various reasons. 
There are many things wrong at the club that need changed, the end of the month will see the first two.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Get over yourself barkeep. He’s done a lot more for our club than you ever will. Take a day off from this shit that should be beneath you, and grow up. :lol:

You think so? List his accomplishments? I’ve given the club thousands of pounds, he’s never gave us a penny and made millions, and cost us millions.
Nice of you to condescend to someone’s choice of occupation with no knowledge of why they do it. Are you related to that *****? Don’t ever tell me what to.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

That riled many fans and no wonder. There can be few, if any, individuals who have routinely been humiliated in Glasgow the way Levein has over the past 35 years 

Conditioned to losing.  Laughed it off in the knowledge that he had safest job in football 

Shit has hit the fan now though 

Not just in Glasgow, he never beat Rangers at Tynecastle. Guys like Maclean, Cathro did it and Stendel has done it twice now.

East Lothian Jambo
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You think so? List his accomplishments? I’ve given the club thousands of pounds, he’s never gave us a penny and made millions, and cost us millions.
Nice of you to condescend to someone’s choice of occupation with no knowledge of why they do it. Are you related to that *****? Don’t ever tell me what to.

He's trolling mate 

East Lothian Jambo
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not just in Glasgow, he never beat Rangers at Tynecastle. Guys like Maclean, Cathro did it and Stendel has done it twice now.

Just an out and out loser 

10 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Why do these international standard players on excellent money get away scot free? Don't get me wrong I'm not defending Levein, he should have left in glorious failure after the cup final.  The whole culture at the club is stinking, including the fans.  The messiah Stendel hasn't exactly whipped anybody in to shape.  Maybe a year in the championship is what we need.

they don’t get away with it but they came because Levein offered them ridiculous basic wages on long term contracts. What was their incentive ? Coupled with the fact he couldn’t coach in this day and age these players didn’t give a fek. Damour more or less alluded to the fact he couldn’t believe his luck at the offer he got. Add in the likes of Martin, Sammon, white, Walker, Hughes, Whelan, MacLean, Vanacek, Wighton, Uche etc etc I mean Levein spunked millions away. 
Aidy White ????? I mean ffs come on. He typified Leveins policy. Hadn’t played for 2 feking years or something. Here son, have a contract.

after what we fans put in and went through. Then had the brass neck not to resign ? Lying to Budge about players coming back from injury to save his bacon.  Yes Budge was nieve 100%.

complete fest. A disgrace

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

They don’t, but who signed them? Who decided the tactics? Stendel has had 11 games with a group of unfit injury prone slackers who seemed incapable of doing the most basic things, but somehow we were 8th in the form table. I’m not sure the fans deserve any criticism, what more could they do?

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

He's trolling mate 

He always is. Another I’ve got in ignore but couldn’t help answer his shit about his hero, big hard Craigie the football guru.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King

Definitely, no wonder these Hibs and Celtic  ***** rip the piss out of him.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

they don’t get away with it but they came because Levein offered them ridiculous basic wages on long term contracts. What was their incentive ? Coupled with the fact he couldn’t coach in this day and age these players didn’t give a fek. Damour more or less alluded to the fact he couldn’t believe his luck at the offer he got. Add in the likes of Martin, Sammon, white, Walker, Hughes, Whelan, MacLean, Vanacek, Wighton, Uche etc etc I mean Levein spunked millions away. 
Aidy White ????? I mean ffs come on. He typified Leveins policy. Hadn’t played for 2 feking years or something. Here son, have a contract.

after what we fans put in and went through. Then had the brass neck not to resign ? Lying to Budge about players coming back from injury to save his bacon.  Yes Budge was nieve 100%.

Spot on. 

Randy Marsh
8 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

I have vague memories of Levein's first match as a Hearts manager.  We lost 1-0 at home to Rangers despite them being down to 9 men with 20 mins to go.   Levein made an inspired substitute where he brought on a defender for a defender.

:vrface:

Edited by Randy Marsh

23 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

This in spades but at least this time it's on a Levein thread.  That's a bonus.

East Lothian Jambo
1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

I have vague memories of Levein's first match as a Hearts manager.  We lost 1-0 at home to Rangers despite them being down to 9 men with 20 mins to go.   Levein made an inspired substitute where he brought on a defender for a defender.

That's correct. We lost that game 0-1 whilst 11v9

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Our results on the pitch when he was playing in 1986.

His Scotland caps.

One of the best derby records of any Hearts employee as a player, captain, manager or director.

One of our best ever players.

Only manager to reach the group stages of a UEFA competition.

Bordeaux and Braga results.

The unbeaten run in the league.

4-0 v Celtic.

I will highlight the other parts of your post in subsequent replies...

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Randy Marsh
Just now, East Lothian Jambo said:

That's correct. We lost that game 0-1 whilst 11v9

Just looked it up.  He brought on Kenny Milne for Petric when McSwegan was sitting on the bench.😂

East Lothian Jambo
Just now, Randy Marsh said:

Just looked it up.  He brought on Kenny Milne for Petric when McSwegan was sitting on the bench.😂

Would sound right. Kenny ****ing Milne. Another top youth graduate 

Levein wasn't a fan of McSwegan 

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Can't be bothered going over the signing policy thing again. It's been done to death, Levein's hit rate is about what I would expect from any manager in the SPL. It's a complete lottery, you are deluded if you believe otherwise.

So basically you are saying he signed players who are happy just to come and pick up a wage? So it's his fault that they are all charlatans taking the piss out of the fans?  Sorry but I've no time for folk who think it's ok to come and sit on their arse and take no responsibility to do their best for an honest days work. Whether that's someone working in a bank, a shop or as a professional footballer.  Something is rotten at the club and I don't believe the smell will leave once Levein and Budge move on

3 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Good memory mate. Any other memories from that period? :lol:

Were you at the Stamp/McKenna/Weir/DeVries derbies?

Were you there when Austin McCann rifled one in from 30 yards?

Were you there when we beat Braga it Bordeaux?

If your memories of his first term as manager are “vague”, then I can only assume you are quite young? So you definitely won’t remember how unbelievably good a player he was?

No need to get personal with each other lads. Can't we all just be friends 

Reported. Bye m8.

East Lothian Jambo
2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Reported. Bye m8.

Reported? 

I was suggesting the comments above were uncalled for 

Very sensitive chap 

8 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

No need to get personal with each other lads. Can't we all just be friends 

Talk Hearts references... 

How many profiles have you created now m8? Bit sad. :lol:

Byyy The Light
14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They don’t, but who signed them? Who decided the tactics? Stendel has had 11 games with a group of unfit injury prone slackers who seemed incapable of doing the most basic things, but somehow we were 8th in the form table. I’m not sure the fans deserve any criticism, what more could they do?

In Stendel's defence, we wouldn't be bottom if he had a decent goalkeeper. But then you could argue if he put Bobby in quicker we wouldn't currently be bottom.  You could also argue we'd have won the cup if Bobby wasn't in goals.

Just feel the fans have a sense of entitlement we can't back up...of course it's right to have ambition and belief and desire to be where we think we should be. But chucking the toys out the pram and demanding we uphold standards we've never kept in our history and lynching people for not achieving these fictional standards is border line mental.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Our results on the pitch when he was playing in 1986.

His Scotland caps.

One of the best derby records of any Hearts employee as a player, captain, manager or director.

One of our best ever players.

Only manager to reach the group stages of a UEFA competition.

Bordeaux and Braga results.

The unbeaten run in the league.

4-0 v Celtic.

Ill highlight the other parts of your post in subsequent replies...

Do you win anything for any of that? 86 when he bottled it, and is despised still by at least one of his teammates for it. 

East Lothian Jambo
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Talk Hearts references... 

How many profiles have you created now m8? Bit sad. :lol:

I was referring to you're remarks about someone's chosen occupation 

Thought I was on ignore. Make your mind up mate. You cant be slagging off people and making remarks about how they earn a living and then act all offended at an innocent remark aimed at conciliation 

East Lothian Jambo

Do you win anything for any of that? 86 when he bottled it, and is despised still by at least one of his teammates for it. 

Gary will openly convey his views on Dens and Levein 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

In Stendel's defence, we wouldn't be bottom if he had a decent goalkeeper. But then you could argue if he put Bobby in quicker we wouldn't currently be bottom.  You could also argue we'd have won the cup if Bobby wasn't in goals.

Just feel the fans have a sense of entitlement we can't back up...of course it's right to have ambition and belief and desire to be where we think we should be. But chucking the toys out the pram and demanding we uphold standards we've never kept in our history and lynching people for not achieving these fictional standards is border line mental.

I like Stendel. He probably should’ve got a GK in January but he was kind of busy trying to retrain the players he had, get rid of some, and do all the work in signing others. You know whose fault that was eh? 
As for Zlamal, if we had a better GK we might’ve won the final, Doyle is poor too, but again whose fault is tha?

You really can’t blame the fans high expectations for what we’ve had to suffer in the last few years under Levein? That’s mental.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Would sound right. Kenny ****ing Milne. Another top youth graduate 

Levein wasn't a fan of McSwegan 

Not 6 feet 

Randy Marsh
4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Good memory mate. Any other memories from that period? :lol:

Were you at the Stamp/McKenna/Weir/DeVries derbies?

Were you there when Austin McCann rifled one in from 30 yards?

Were you there when we beat Braga it Bordeaux?

If your memories of his first term as manager are “vague”, then I can only assume you are quite young? So you definitely won’t remember how unbelievably good a player he was?

Wouldn't know.  Never seen him play but I was at all those matches apart from the one in Braga.  I liked Levein in his first spell overall so I'm not really sure what your point is.  We could pick and chose positive results from many different managers over the years.  Even Tommy McClean and Steven Frail.

Levein walked out after that Braga result and called us a small provincial club.  The guy is not Hearts.

Many of the points I put in the post you replied to were actual wins. Things that have actually added to our history as a club... in the wins column. 🤷‍♂️

The point is, you are sitting there giving it the ‘big I am’ about Hearts heroes, who have done something, as though you have done something yourself. You haven’t, mate. Get over it.

If Levein was sitting next to you (as the pensioner he now is), and you did decide to scream abuse in his face, like you intimated you would, I’d be all over backing him up. 

You’re hatred of him is totally irrational, and it leads you to come out with the sort of horseshit that suggests you were/are/have been more important to HMFC than Craig Levein... that is staggering tbh. :lol:

Wouldn't know.  Never seen him play but I was at all those matches apart from the one in Braga.  I liked Levein in his first spell overall so I'm not really sure what your point is.  We could pick and chose positive results from many different managers over the years.  Even Tommy McClean and Steven Frail.

Levein walked out after that Braga result and called us a small provincial club.  The guy is not Hearts.

:lol:

Pasquale for King

Good point. I also liked him as a player, went to both his testimonials and was gutted when he left to go to Leicester . These last few years have really soured any good will I had towards him.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good point. I also liked him as a player, went to both his testimonials and was gutted when he left to go to Leicester . These last few years have really soured any good will I had towards him.

:lol:

Jesus.

East Lothian Jambo

FFS. Just when you think you've read it all.  Another outpouring appears 

There are no words to describe this. Advocating a potential violent reaction from someone and indicating you would be in support of such a reaction 

This from someone who has openly just announced themselves as a grass 

:rofl::rofl:

Edited by East Lothian Jambo

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I like Stendel. He probably should’ve got a GK in January but he was kind of busy trying to retrain the players he had, get rid of some, and do all the work in signing others. You know whose fault that was eh? 
As for Zlamal, if we had a better GK we might’ve won the final, Doyle is poor too, but again whose fault is tha?

You really can’t blame the fans high expectations for what we’ve had to suffer in the last few years under Levein? That’s mental.

I like Stendel too. I also know people involved who say he's completely isolated himself and is a very strange character, not the everyone loves him klopp style persona you'd be led to believe from his Barnsley days.  I'm more in the right guy at the wrong time camp.

I'm not blaming the fans for the team being where they are although I do think it has influenced certain things. I simply observed in my original post that the fan culture at Hearts is crap just now.  The worst it's been since I started going to games in late 80's, early 90's.  So many fans banging on about playing good football, feck that.  Results are what matters and I think the board have been influenced to muck about with the likes of Cathro instead of getting someone who'll come in and get results.

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

:rofl:

*last orders*

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Many of the points I put in the post you replied to were actual wins. Things that have actually added to our history as a club... in the wins column. 🤷‍♂️

The point is, you are sitting there giving it the ‘big I am’ about Hearts heroes, who have done something, as though you have done something yourself. You haven’t, mate. Get over it.

If Levein was sitting next to you (as the pensioner he now is), and you did decide to scream abuse in his face, like you intimated you would, I’d be all over backing him up. 

You’re hatred of him is totally irrational, and it leads you to come out with the sort of horseshit that suggests you were/are/have been more important to HMFC than Craig Levein... that is staggering tbh. :lol:

Absolute nonsense, I am criticising him for all the things he’s done recently that have cost us dearly and will continue to do so. 
You seem to think that because he was a great player and a good manager first time around that he’s above criticism, from the people who have and continue to pay his wages.

The club is nothing without its supporters and we will be here longer than any employee, legend or not. My name is on the FoH shirt, his isn’t. Who’s going to save our club from the mess he’s got us in? 
As for wins, Braga away was a 2;2 draw and Bordeaux beat us two nil at home and put us out. 
I didn’t say i would shout in his face, I said I would criticise him if I was sitting next to him because he doesn’t scare me,not many do.
ps he’s 55 👍🏽.

East Lothian Jambo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolute nonsense, I am criticising him for all the things he’s done recently that have cost us dearly and will continue to do so. 
You seem to think that because he was a great player and a good manager first time around that he’s above criticism, from the people who have and continue to pay his wages.

The club is nothing without its supporters and we will be here longer than any employee, legend or not. My name is on the FoH shirt, his isn’t. Who’s going to save our club from the mess he’s got us in? 
As for wins, Braga away was a 2;2 draw and Bordeaux beat us two nil at home and put us out. 
I didn’t say i would shout in his face, I said I would criticise him if I was sitting next to him because he doesn’t scare me,not many do.
ps he’s 55 👍🏽.

Worth pointing out the the initial mention of shouting in his face was made by him 

Very very odd behaviour 

indianajones

Can't remember him as a player and he never won anything either as a player or manager so yep, still happy enough to call this 'legend' an arrogant arsehole who is solely responsible for this mess. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I like Stendel too. I also know people involved who say he's completely isolated himself and is a very strange character, not the everyone loves him klopp style persona you'd be led to believe from his Barnsley days.  I'm more in the right guy at the wrong time camp.

I'm not blaming the fans for the team being where they are although I do think it has influenced certain things. I simply observed in my original post that the fan culture at Hearts is crap just now.  The worst it's been since I started going to games in late 80's, early 90's.  So many fans banging on about playing good football, feck that.  Results are what matters and I think the board have been influenced to muck about with the likes of Cathro instead of getting someone who'll come in and get results.

I think because of the in depth analysis of the game now we all know more and expect to be entertained, winning football does that but repetitive dire defensive slow passing at the back then a hoof to play for corners and free kicks doesn’t win friends.

I fall into the category of moany *******s, shocking eh, but I was brought up by someone who had seen the team in the 50s and suffered the 70s so demanded better. For the third biggest club we have really underperformed in the last 40 years for various reasons.