Levein and MacPhee left on May 31st ( updated )

mitch41

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

JJ is an example of how superb man management and motivational ability and focusing on doing the things he knew how to do well can make up for faults in other areas. JJ, like many managers, needed his loyal team - Billy Brown and co - around him. Levein's never been the same force in club football without Peter Houston at his side. It suggests Levein stopped focusing on the things he knew how to do well and started trying to do new things. He seemed a bit of a lone wolf in the dugout second time around.

Good point, I’m sure Houston would’ve rejoined him if he had the opportunity but possibly his stubbornness wouldn’t let him ask? 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

John mcCartney

Cannot fecking wait for Sunday.Reckon Il head over to the Plaza and proclaim collective relief that its all over with the ogre and his mate.

Marty Byrde

It's going to be liberating for the club. Being able to bring in players and staff who don't have to tick any of the following boxes...

Previously worked under Levein 

Represented by a favourite agent of his.

Owe him their position.

Are able to work under or with him.

It's a brave new world.

Fraggle Rock
35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A second wave as the restrictions on our club is eased 😜

👍

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

Cannot fecking wait for Sunday.Reckon Il head over to the Plaza and proclaim collective relief that its all over with the ogre and his mate.

I was thinking the same, someone might phone the police if there’s a mass party going on 😂.

11 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

It's going to be liberating for the club. Being able to bring in players and staff who don't have to tick any of the following boxes...

Previously worked under Levein 

Represented by a favourite agent of his.

Owe him their position.

Are able to work under or with him.

It's a brave new world.

It would also be nice to here from the club that certain agents who might happen to be best buddies with the departing one will not be used again.

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It would also be nice to here from the club that certain agents who might happen to be best buddies with the departing one will not be used again.

So if a (relatively) cracking player comes along, within our budget, we should not sign him just because his agent was friendly with someone you don't like.   Is that what you're saying?

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So if a (relatively) cracking player comes along, within our budget, we should not sign him just because his agent was friendly with someone you don't like.   Is that what you're saying?

Putting it bluntly for your benefit yes. It's more complex than that really but I don't want to inhibit my time out in the sunshine having a back and forward debate.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Putting it bluntly for your benefit yes. It's more complex than that really but I don't want to inhibit my time out in the sunshine having a back and forward debate.

Have you been taking lessons from Boris?

John mcCartney
12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Awaiting the seethe when there’s nothing on the club website about this Monday Morning. 🤓

It will do Ann a power of good in publicly cleansing herself of the stain that has tarnished the name of Heart of Midlothian in the very recent past .

Guest ToqueJambo

I feel for Austin a wee bit. We don't know what he did or didn't contribute or how much independence he had to make his own decisions. He was never really a true assistant manager. We don't even know if him and Levein are really great friends. McPhee always seemed to be already on his own career path while most assistant bosses are by the side of the same manager for a long time until they go out on their own. We need a proper manager again with a proper assistant and couple of others in his team he trusts. JJ and Sergio had that set-up, and Stendel seems to have it, which is a big plus about him. Robbo would also have that set-up.

One very weird thing about our set-up under Levein since Neilson left was that it didn't really feel like a proper backroom team at any time, just a collection of people mostly hired by Levein even before he was manager himself. I thought initially the developing coaches thing was a decent idea but it seems impractical if most managers will always want their own people. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

30 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Awaiting the seethe when there’s nothing on the club website about this Monday Morning. 🤓

And the fact CL has now changed his name to Foster Gillette

11 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

And the fact CL has now changed his name to Foster Gillette

The best a man can get. 

Captain Scarlett

Don’t be surprised if Budgie gives Harry Potter a job in one of the pie stalls.I shit you not.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Don’t be surprised if Budgie gives Harry Potter a job in one of the pie stalls.I shit you not.

Budgie.

:cornette_dog:

7 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Quite appropriate as he is full of mince.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, John mcCartney said:

It will do Ann a power of good in publicly cleansing herself of the stain that has tarnished the name of Heart of Midlothian in the very recent past .

I’m expecting at least another 2000 renewals by Tuesday given the noise. 🤔

A Shoreditch Heart
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good point, I’m sure Houston would’ve rejoined him if he had the opportunity but possibly his stubbornness wouldn’t let him ask? 

yeah, this is spot on - why did he never ask Peter Houston to come in a help again when really he needed it - I don't recall the two falling out 

Edited by A Shoreditch Heart

Monday is shaping up to be a good day. 

Craig gone, reconstruction agreed and the Hibby greetin' into his methadone. 

Hopefully, too, we can all move on and let it go. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, A Shoreditch Heart said:

yeah, this is spot on - why did he never ask Peter Houston to come in a help again when really he needed it - I don't recall the two falling out 

Me neither, last summer at least. We might never know.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, martoon said:

Monday is shaping up to be a good day. 

Craig gone, reconstruction agreed and the Hibby greetin' into his methadone. 

Hopefully, too, we can all move on and let it go. 

Sounds good to me, will need to get someone to have a drink for me too 😜

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m expecting at least another 2000 renewals by Tuesday given the noise. 🤔

End of the month too 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

End of the month too 

Let’s hope it all triggers a decent uptake then. 👍

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Let’s hope it all triggers a decent uptake then. 👍

An announcement about reconstruction going ahead would help too. We really need to get the ball rolling soon regarding management, scouting etc.

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

An announcement about reconstruction going ahead would help too. We really need to get the ball rolling soon regarding management, scouting etc.

We are in a bit of limbo in many ways at the moment. 

1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

Will CL ever manage a pro team again ?

doubt it but maybe an upstairs job somewhere though

Edited by Hearts007

2 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

doubt it but maybe an upstairs job somewhere though

Pray for somewhere FC. 

Poor buggers. 

1 minute ago, martoon said:

Pray for somewhere FC. 

Poor buggers. 

Hobos Hopefully 😆

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

Hobos Hopefully 😆

They have their own problems, bud. 😊

An owner who could pull the plug the nanosecond a dollar of his own money is at stake, a shortage of methadone and Heart of Midlothian haunting them from cradle to grave. 

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

They have their own problems, bud. 😊

An owner who could pull the plug the nanosecond a dollar of his own money is at stake, a shortage of methadone and Heart of Midlothian haunting them from cradle to grave. 

:thumbsup:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

Will McFraud find another job where his key skills are pointing at the pitch and talking to players (or something)?

Breaking News

Following Fraser Wishart's advice to clubs, Hearts have extended the contracts of former managers Craig Levein and Austin MacPhee. This will allow both men to pickup a furlough salary during these tough times. Whilst Hearts will benefit from their exceptional leadership and expertise during the current crisis.

Could you imagine...

Edited by Phage

6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Monday Morning Dave??? 😳 Try one minute past midnight on Sunday evening. 

ToadKiller Dog

I'm sure we can find a job for Levein ,rolling monthly contract ,may head of the Tynecastle hub operations if the Budge plan gets accepted. 🙃

2 hours ago, jock _turd said:

Could see him at the likes of Falkirk or Dunfermline, and doing a decent job.

Randy Marsh
2 hours ago, martoon said:

Pray for somewhere FC. 

Poor buggers. 

Not unrealistic but I hope it could be Raith Rovers.  I have a strong dislike for that diddy wee club now.  They knew fine well Falkirk would have won the league had it not been called and are now making noises that they wont be able to start the Championship come Aug/Sep.  This would be no issue for Falkirk who also got shafted along with the expelled clubs.  Lets hope Levein becomes a director there and runs them into the ground like he did with us.  Raith Rovers are welcome to him. 

2 hours ago, Balders said:

Could see him at the likes of Falkirk or Dunfermline, and doing a decent job.

Agreed, similar to JJ at Killie.

annushorribilis III

The football version of a Ponzi scheme. 

Will never be forgiven in this house - no scruples, no shame , no respect for the club. He bled the club for every penny after pissing away millions.

Looking forward to restarting my FoH subs. 

This can’t happen soon enough by the way... it’ll be nice to see some of the thickest ***** on the planet - who “support Hearts” - getting behind the club again.

Bull's-eye
6 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

This can’t happen soon enough by the way... it’ll be nice to see some of the thickest ***** on the planet - who “support Hearts” - getting behind the club again.

Unfortunately it wont. 

There will always be somebody else to "despise". 

Always.

7 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yes it will be nice to have the thick ones back the club instead of putting someone who’s been a failure ahead of Hearts.