Levein and MacPhee left on May 31st ( updated )

mitch41

1 hour ago, part_time_jambo said:

And won the same amount of trophies for hearts as Levein.

Indeed. I suppose it comes down to a great many things, but for me, winning trophies is only a part of it. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Michael Stewart falls into the bracket of our worst ever players. Pure shite.

I’ve found myself defending both Avril and Shan Budge at points of this week. What’s going on?

Ironically enough who signed him 🤔😆?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

And the fans calling for Neilson's removal were proved wrong. My point is Doddie showed it takes time to build a team and managers rarely get that these days (Levein did but there is a valid discussion around whether he was able to ever field the team he built due to all the injuries). Not just us, although the treatment of Neilson ("phoodle" ffs) and before that of Locke ("tea boy" was it?) in some quarters was ridiculous and over the top. Locke faced arguably the most difficult situation of any hearts manager ever, but some were saying he should have kept us up. Expectations are just ridiculously high in some people. If they'd been around during Doddie's first 3 years I don't believe they'd have given him that time to get it right.

Are you not one of the people who want Stendel out after 17 games? 

Edited by Pasquale for King

33 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I asked the question.  If you don’t want to answer it then that’s up to you.  I’m not taking orders off the likes of you 👍

Don't get uppity.  Asking you to justify yourself is not dishing out orders,  Face it like a man.

You wrote

He had a career as a professional footballer, captained the club he supported, won more medals than Craig Levein has

Tell us about all these medals and trophies.  You're not usually this shy

One thing for certain is that no matter how bad a manager CL is perceived to be, he has still won more Manager of the Month awards than your hero AND he has been sent off fewer times as well

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

For £1 which he admits is the worst deal he ever made.

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Don't get uppity.  Asking you to justify yourself is not dishing out orders,  Face it like a man.

You wrote

He had a career as a professional footballer, captained the club he supported, won more medals than Craig Levein has

Tell us about all these medals and trophies.  You're not usually this shy

One thing for certain is that no matter how bad a manager CL is perceived to be, he has still won more Manager of the Month awards than your hero AND he has been sent off fewer times as well

Face it like a man :lol: it’s a ****ing football forum mate. Get a complete grip of yourself.

Oh ya ****er, manager of the month :lol: 

Michael Stewart was part of the scum squad that won the league cup. 

Manager of the month :lol: ****ing great consolation for ruining our club.   He also won us compensation when he walked out for Leicester and is on half pay just now.  Absolute hero of a guy. 

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Not Osh, Vanacek, Wighton (actually money paid for him) damour on 4 years, Aidy ****ing white but worst deal ever :lol: maybe he’s a bitter wank, just like Mikey is. 

KyleLafferty
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Face it like a man :lol: it’s a ****ing football forum mate. Get a complete grip of yourself.

Manager of the month :lol: ****ing great consolation for ruining our club.   He also won us compensation when he walked out for Leicester and is on half pay just now.  Absolute hero of a guy. 

Micheal Stewart never got on that day.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think there’s up for debate, he only wasted a £1 on that.

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Sat the final out on his chorus and verse.  All spectators had as much influence as him

Wow  What an honour.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Mikey won this too 😱🤔🙈😜

3C4C17FD-5F51-42B2-8270-139FA13144D1.png

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Sat the final out on his chorus and verse.  All spectators had as much influence as him

Wow  What an honour.

Did anyone say that about Robbo in 98?

Guest ToqueJambo
49 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Are you not one of the people who want Stendel out after 17 games? 

I'm fine with him staying but I doubt he will. Either he'll chose to activate the clause or we will given how expensive he is. I like him and his approach but think it's right manager wrong time. I'd feel more optimistic with someone like Robbo in charge for the Championship - much cheaper and a much safer bet to get us up first time. Horses for courses and all that. Slight difference between this scenario and wanting Neilson out after what he did with us.

47 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Wow  What an honour.

So he wasn’t part of a cup winning squad like Robbo and Lockey then? 

30 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did anyone say that about Robbo in 98?

We were comparingt CL and MS not Robbo but I think you know that.

52 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Micheal Stewart never got on that day.

Pardon me for that then, he was part of a squad that won a national honour though. Not that it matters much but he’s won the league cup. 

7 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Decent honour tbf 😁

ONE honour if it could even be called that given it was limited to one club and just youths.

You said trophies and medals.  When I was at school these words were decribed as plural which means more than one.

Edited by JamboAl

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

ONE honour if it could even be called that given it was limited to one club and just youths.

You said trophies and medals.  When I was at school there words were decribed as plural which means more than one.

He was part of a cup winning squad, did he not get a medal.

What cup winning squad was Levein part of or managed again? 

One is more than none also, when you sat at school surely you learned that also. 

You’ve bored me to death again Al.  We get you’re jealous of Mikey Stewart and you’re desperate to protect the ruined legacy of Levein.  Night night xx

Edited by Last Laff

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Pardon me for that then, he was part of a squad that won a national honour though. Not that it matters much but he’s won the league cup. 

Aye, he put in a puwerful successful performance that day.

Just now, JamboAl said:

Aye, he put in a puwerful successful performance that day.

He’s still a national cup winner. End of discussion. 

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm fine with him staying but I doubt he will. Either he'll chose to activate the clause or we will given how expensive he is. I like him and his approach but think it's right manager wrong time. I'd feel more optimistic with someone like Robbo in charge for the Championship - much cheaper and a much safer bet to get us up first time. Horses for courses and all that. Slight difference between this scenario and wanting Neilson out after what he did with us.

You seem to agree in this post that he’s failed, bit harsh after 17 games. 

Slightly different from feeling that it was time for Neilson to leave, one that the man himself agreed with and because it’s been so bad since doesn’t make him wrong.

https://news.stv.tv/sport/1410849-neilson-has-no-regrets-over-leaving-hearts-for-mk-dons?top

E91EC729-FFFF-42BB-AA57-73697B96C90E.jpeg

6F750257-B40C-4316-A213-CCC7B206D143.jpeg

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We were comparingt CL and MS not Robbo but I think you know that.

I do know that but you are saying that sitting on your arse and not coming on somehow deflects from winning a medal.

Having watched the highlights of the 86 Cup final it might’ve been better if Levein had still being unwell, he was at fault for all three goals in his only final.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

So he wasn’t part of a cup winning squad like Robbo and Lockey then? 

Forgot about Locke, I think those two enjoyed the occasion MORE than the 12 that played.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Same guy that signed Hartley and Devries... ironically enough.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Same guy that signed Hartley and Devries... ironically enough.

The point I was making that Stewart doesn’t see the irony of calling Levein a crap manager considering he signed him.. Let’s not get into a signing debate, I haven’t got all night to look up the list again.

2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Face it like man :lol: it’s a ****ing football forum mate. Get a complete grip of yourself.

Said the same to me the other day. 😂

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Last Laff said:

He was a fantastic player and should have went on to have a glittering career.  He wasn’t successful though. 

Wasn't successful?

He played for us for ten plus years?

Is playing for Hearts in that era not classed as successful? 

When folk rip CL for no trophies they are ripping Hearts at that time and other players as well who played all or majority of thier career with us. 

No need for it tbh. Shite patter in any form. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think there’s up for debate, he only wasted a £1 on that.

😂😂😂👍

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

The point I was making that Stewart doesn’t see the irony of calling Levein a crap manager considering he signed him.. Let’s not get into a signing debate, I haven’t got all night to look up the list again.

:lol:

**** it, I’m out too. Have a good evening mate. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Wasn't successful?

He played for us for ten plus years?

Is playing for Hearts in that era not classed as successful? 

When folk rip CL for no trophies they are ripping Hearts at that time and other players as well who played all or majority of thier career with us. 

No need for it tbh. Shite patter in any form. 

So he had a less successful career than our record appearance holder? 

Your respect for anything he’s said in the past? 

I didn’t rip him for not winning anything by the way.  I was replying to an attack on a former hearts captain for calling out the utter failure that is Craig Levein. 

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, martoon said:

:vrwow:

I love it I get posts removed for someone else’s bad behaviour. Shame I didn’t take a screenshot.

Spellczech

Lost any remaining respect for them both that they didn't just walk away from their contracts 2 months ago when Covid happened...

Fort Vallance
34 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Lost any remaining respect for them both that they didn't just walk away from their contracts 2 months ago when Covid happened...

I lost any remaining respect when they didn't walk after last year's  cup final.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Today's decision is there legacy ! Although we've unfairly been evicted from the league it's Leveins fault we were even in this position in the first place and hopefully he never sets foot inside Tynecastle park again 

An absolutely horrific legacy. Our fresh start after administration pissed up against the wall. We’re in a far worse state now than we were immediately after administration. There’s obviously no longer even a semblance of the feel-good factor that existed then. Budge and Levein have been negligent, complacent and wasteful in the extreme. Shameful.

Marty Byrde
9 minutes ago, leginten said:

An absolutely horrific legacy. Our fresh start after administration pissed up against the wall. We’re in a far worse state now than we were immediately after administration. There’s obviously no longer even a semblance of the feel-good factor that existed then. Budge and Levein have been negligent, complacent and wasteful in the extreme. Shameful.

The 'He's doing a great job' quote by Budge late Aug of the same season we are relegated and two months before 'sacking' Levein but allowing him to hide under the stairs, picking up his wedge for another eight months. Peak Budge-era Hearts.

:gok:

Incompetence on an industrial scale. It's been a farce for so long, matched only by the clowns who fought any condemnation of these pair of buffoons throughout. 

Edited by Marty Byrde

I wonder how Craig feels right now? 

Guilty, embarrassed, ashamed...would genuinely like to know. 

Perhaps one of his chums could let me know? I'm man enough to handle the truth. 

Just now, martoon said:

I genuinely think that he does not give the slightest ****.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

I genuinely think that he does not give the slightest ****.

You might be onto something, i8. 😉

9 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

The 'He's doing a great job' quote by Budge late Aug of the same season we are relegated and two months before 'sacking' Levein but allowing him to hide under the stairs, picking up his wedge for another eight months. Peak Budge-era Hearts.

:gok:

Incompetence on an industrial scale. It's been a farce for so long, matched only by the clowns who fought any condemnation of these pair of buffoons throughout. 

They were able to see the bigger picture, though - a vision denied to us mere mortals. And they understood the “business model”.

Maybe one of them will be on shortly to tell us how good things are going to be in the next five years if we can overcome our “entitlement”.

2 minutes ago, leginten said:

They were able to see the bigger picture, though - a vision denied to us mere mortals. And they understood the “business model”.

Maybe one of them will be on shortly to tell us how good things are going to be in the next five years if we can overcome our “entitlement”.

Aye. Most of us just wanted a team that wasn’t a complete embarrassment. Folk swallowed the dream and the five year plan etc and just couldn’t let themselves stop believing. He’s a disgrace and that’s how he’ll be remembered by most. 

24 minutes ago, martoon said:

His massive ego and arrogant personality tell him he is a football master tactician who was right all along!

Marty Byrde
2 minutes ago, leginten said:

We have no divine right to beat Arbroath  :levein2:

Conveyor belt of coaches - PISH.

Conveyor belt of talent from Academy - PISH

Playing the same style throughout the club - PISH

Stable playing squad, courtesy of the DOF - PISH

...and that's just for starters. How did this caper hoodwink so many?

It's going to be liberating for many when the question of 'Can he work with Craig' won't need to be aired again at the club.

24 minutes ago, martoon said:

His massive ego and arrogant personality tell him he is a football master tactician who was right all along!

annushorribilis III
41 minutes ago, martoon said:

Probably cries himself to sleep at night counting his pay off. 

Could do a job as a motivational speaker " look at me, I'm hopeless, yet  I made millions. You can too".  

It's a sad end for a player that was magnificent for the club. Unfortunately for him his legacy will be that he was an absolute nightmare since he came back and effectively held the club back years and ultimately brought us relegation. Cathro ffs. I would be surprised if any full time club offered him a coaching role.