Levein and MacPhee left on May 31st ( updated )

mitch41

Vlad Magic
24 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I do it because it's absolutely unbelievable that any Hearts supporter, especially one as uber as you judging by the constant stream of shite you post on here, could possibly be happy with Hibs winning the cup.

I also do it because I grew weary of rag-dolling you about like an empty shell suit in the 'noble art that is jkb verbal combat'.

Name and shame, Vlad.

Probably admin' over there.

Let it go, Doofus.

Great post @OTT :)

Degree in rocket science not required this time Gov 👍

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Vlad Magic said:

Degree in rocket science not required this time Gov 👍

Cheers Vlad.

There's one that's obvious but I don't pay enough attention to the rest tbh.

Ironically, I always found the one that's obvious one of the less offensive posters that was serially banned from here. His opinions weren't popular but he called it more or less correct from the off. A broken clock, etc, etc. :)

There's never been a proper forensic account written of the Romanov era with all its ups and downs.  Nor has there yet been anyone get their teeth into the Levein era.

No one in the history of the club has underperformed so badly as he has.  The endowment was incredible - complete free rein to do what he wished with the club with no scrutiny or challenge from the Board.   Yet the mess he made is hard to believe.  Stated plans and strategies which were ignored or forgotten.  Free rein to create an enormous lump of a football department - a coach of coaches, loans manager, global ambassador etc.  Allowed to give himself the manager's job.  Loaning out Foxy to Cowdenbeath and then immediately bringing him back to run the first team coaching when Cowdenbeath binned him.  The Cathro delusions.  Splurging £4m on a youth academy run by a guy who has never successfully brought a first team player through.  Despite the appalling recruitment record he was dished up more and more cash to squander on the revolving door of useless players.  Allowing MacPhee to inveigle his side businesses into the fabric of the club.  And a lot more.

A terrible culture from top to bottom and one which will be so expensive to dismantle in all sorts of ways.  A disaster.  Thankfully he will never again have anything to do with Hearts.

17 minutes ago, Coco said:

There's never been a proper forensic account written of the Romanov era with all its ups and downs.  Nor has there yet been anyone get their teeth into the Levein era.

No one in the history of the club has underperformed so badly as he has.  The endowment was incredible - complete free rein to do what he wished with the club with no scrutiny or challenge from the Board.   Yet the mess he made is hard to believe.  Stated plans and strategies which were ignored or forgotten.  Free rein to create an enormous lump of a football department - a coach of coaches, loans manager, global ambassador etc.  Allowed to give himself the manager's job.  Loaning out Foxy to Cowdenbeath and then immediately bringing him back to run the first team coaching when Cowdenbeath binned him.  The Cathro delusions.  Splurging £4m on a youth academy run by a guy who has never successfully brought a first team player through.  Despite the appalling recruitment record he was dished up more and more cash to squander on the revolving door of useless players.  Allowing MacPhee to inveigle his side businesses into the fabric of the club.  And a lot more.

A terrible culture from top to bottom and one which will be so expensive to dismantle in all sorts of ways.  A disaster.  Thankfully he will never again have anything to do with Hearts.

So many people are content to console themselves with this. Its not enough. The damage him and Budge have done to the club is incredible. By far the worst management regime in my time supporting Hearts. You look at the fans not only tolerate but continue to endorse these people and you just think to yourself we deserved everything we got.

Edited by PnG

12 minutes ago, PnG said:

So many people are content to console themselves with this. Its not enough. The damage him and Budge have done to the club is incredible. By far the worst management regime in my time supporting Hearts. You look at the fans not only tolerate but continue to endorse these people and you just think to yourself we deserved everything we got.

There can be no doubt whatsoever that Budge and Levein will have derived some of their resolve to carry on failing from the knowledge that a chunk of our support was lost in an opium haze of business models, five-year plans, bigger pictures and the land of milk and honey we were to enter once the Academy started to bear fruit.

Never in the history of HMFC - with the exception of the 1970s - have so many people taken their eye off the ball at the same time.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I do it because it's absolutely unbelievable that any Hearts supporter, especially one as uber as you judging by the constant stream of shite you post on here, could possibly be happy with Hibs winning the cup.

I also do it because I grew weary of rag-dolling you about like an empty shell suit in the 'noble art that is jkb verbal combat'.

Name and shame, Vlad.

Probably admin' over there.

Let it go, Doofus.

Great post @OTT :)

Never said i was happy with hibs winning the cup. 

If you're going to be a smarty pants, get things correct. 👍

Don't make things up. 

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, leginten said:

There can be no doubt whatsoever that Budge and Levein will have derived some of their resolve to carry on failing from the knowledge that a chunk of our support was lost in an opium haze of business models, five-year plans, bigger pictures and the land of milk and honey we were to enter once the Academy started to bear fruit.

Never in the history of HMFC - with the exception of the 1970s - have so many people taken their eye off the ball at the same time.

Don't agree with last part , we replaced the manager after 11 games so we haven't taken the eye of the ball. 

Wrong decisions maybe, but not the eye of the ball. 

We replaced Cathro quickly, CL got more time than many wanted on the back of a 6th place finish and sc final but was replaced after 11 games this season. 

Poor decisions, unlucky - unsure but many wanted Robbie replaced, celebrated Cathro, wanted Cathro gone. 

CL was divisive, but his start helped then it all went to crap, we ended up 6th, he then got the first round of fixtures before being removed as manager. 

Stendel Is the manager atm, not CL as well. 

The way this thread reads you'd think CL was still in charge. 

Even when he left we were 2nd bottom, not bottom. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Coco said:

This is why good local media is important. These stories should be told. I’ve been really disappointed with the EEN. They’ve covered the past three years as if it’s all been perfectly normal.

1 hour ago, PnG said:

It’s not enough? What do you want to happen to him? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think people including me will always resent the fact that 1) Ann wilfully ignored the massive decline under him and then 2) let him stay on under the pretence of doing some random unspecified stuff which cannot have been essential.

Levein seems to be every bit as important to her as the club, if not more.

11 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I suggest that people wearing Craig Levein masks are pelted with wet sponges as part of the half-time entertainment next season. You?

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I think people including me will always resent the fact that 1) Ann wilfully ignored the massive decline under him and then 2) let him stay on under the pretence of doing some random unspecified stuff which cannot have been essential.

Levein seems to be every bit as important to her as the club, if not more.

I really hope not, because if true we'll Likley be liquidated by August. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

I suggest that people wearing Craig Levein masks are pelted with wet sponges as part of the half-time entertainment next season. You?

I think they should be put in a cage then set on fire. 

24 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It wouldn't bring back the wasted millions, but ask someone like Bryan Jackson to do a report into the financial management of the footballing department, and the building of the new stand. When FOH take over as majority shareholders would seem like the perfect time to learn from past mistakes. I can't see anyone arguing that the decision making process in recent years has been a success. The club can't afford to be so profligate in the future, and you know what they say about not learning from the mistakes of the past...

3 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

It wouldn't bring back the wasted millions, but ask someone like Bryan Jackson to do a report into the financial management of the footballing department, and the building of the new stand. When FOH take over as majority shareholders would seem like the perfect time to learn from past mistakes. I can't see anyone arguing that the decision making process in recent years has been a success. The club can't afford to be so profligate in the future, and you know what they say about not learning from the mistakes of the past...

What has the building of the new stand to do with Levein?

Nah. Normally I would be with you on something like that, but once Ann goes, I think we should just move on. There's nothing to be gained from a report, sunk costs and all that. I wouldn't mind having Bryan on the board though!

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Never said i was happy with hibs winning the cup. 

If you're going to be a smarty pants, get things correct. 👍

Don't make things up. 

Alright then, wanted Hibs to win the cup.

That makes it so much better.

So, so much better.

:jj_facepalm:

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

So, so much better.

Wanted rangers to get beat is how I see it. 

Hibs winning it was shite but the salty hun tears helped me move on from it. 

Folk wanting to talk about hibs sc win really should start a thread on it. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

We aren't the only club to sign players that haven't worked out or sacked managment teams. 

Litterally happens at all clubs all over the world at every club. 

The stand costs have been done to death. 

Certain folk close it  have explained that the project evolved and we done more than was originally set out as well as the "overspend". 

indianajones
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Wanted rangers to get beat is how see it. 

Hibs winning it was shite but the salty hun tears helped me move on from it. 

Folk wanting to talk about hibs sc win really should start a thread on it. 

How very weird. 

I hate both the OF probably more than Hibs. Not much in it to be honest. Saying that i would want either of those two scum clubs in the west to do Hibs in finals/games that would have a direct effect on us in the league. 

50 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Sounds fun. Got to be at least as entertaining as running around in a circle with your forehead against a cane sticking out the ground and then trying to score a goal. Not sure it’d fit the almost sinister tone of the comment though! :unsure:

48 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think they should be put in a cage then set on fire. 

That’s too good for them. A good clip around the ear is what they need.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, indianajones said:

How very weird. 

I hate both the OF probably more than Hibs. Not much in it to be honest. Saying that i would want either of those two scum clubs in the west to do Hibs in finals/games that would have a direct effect on us in the league. 

It was a poll on here. 

I gave my reasons. 

Hibs getting beat is alway a win as well. 

I think I said at the time it was like being asked do you want your leg or arm broken, I'd choose my arm, hibs were the arm. 

Tbh, as I said folk wanting to talk about hibs should start a thread on them. 

23 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Nah. Normally I would be with you on something like that, but once Ann goes, I think we should just move on. There's nothing to be gained from a report, sunk costs and all that. I wouldn't mind having Bryan on the board though!

With a new executive team coming in sooner or later, I think it would be a worthwhile exercise to learn from mistakes  made, and put management structures in place to avoid any repetition. I acknowledged that it won't bring any money back, and never said the were linked.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Sounds fun. Got to be at least as entertaining as running around in a circle with your forehead against a cane sticking out the ground and then trying to score a goal. Not sure it’d fit the almost sinister tone of the comment though! :unsure:

That’s too good for them. A good clip around the ear is what they need.

Harsh, put in cage, set on fire then slapped around the ears for good measure! 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Harsh, put in cage, set on fire then slapped around the ears for good measure! 

Hearty Harry to do the slapping.

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We aren't the only club to sign players that haven't worked out or sacked managment teams. 

Litterally happens at all clubs all over the world at every club. 

The stand costs have been done to death. 

Certain folk close it  have explained that the project evolved and we done more than was originally set out as well as the "overspend". 

Not many clubs have had as poor a return for the money they've spent, even Budge thought the footballing department was in a mess, but she commissioned Levein to carry out a review. 🤣

You say the stand costs have been done to death, sorry I must have missed the report by an independent financial expert. Got the link?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Not many clubs have had as poor a return for the money they've spent, even Budge thought the footballing department was in a mess, but she commissioned Levein to carry out a review. 🤣

You say the stand costs have been done to death, sorry I must have missed the report by an independent financial expert. Got the link?

Yeah, we done that. Reviewed the operations. 

CL was also replaced as manager. 

The stand costs, you can look up yourself. 

Anyway, fair doos. 

No doubt on handover there will be reviews and audits of all areas when completed. 

As long as the football team is winning games I couldn't care tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Hearty Harry to do the slapping.

CL as Hearty Harry, for the banter. 😎

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

“Money spinner” 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

It’s a good point about him being on the board, if not as CEO if he fancied it.

3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

So, so much better.

If I recall correctly, he said hubz winning the cup was “a decent result”. Absolutely ridiculous for a supposed Hearts fan

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

CL as Hearty Harry, for the banter. 😎

The ***** has to make a wage somehow I suppose.  As long as it keeps him away from being chief medical science officer it’s all good. 

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, we done that. Reviewed the operations. 

CL was also replaced as manager. 

The stand costs, you can look up yourself. 

Anyway, fair doos. 

No doubt on handover there will be reviews and audits of all areas when completed. 

As long as the football team is winning games I couldn't care tbh. 

The football team hasn’t been winning games though as is bottom of the league.  Do you not care about who built the squad over three years spending absolutely shit loads put us there?  It’s not a laughing matter.  The guys took the club back massively when having the chance to build a brilliant future and he’s still ripping a wage man. 

8 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

If I recall correctly, he said hubz winning the cup was “a decent result”. Absolutely ridiculous for a supposed Hearts fan

It was actually “a decent outcome”.

Just as ridiculous.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

The football team hasn’t been winning games though as is bottom of the league.  Do you not care about who built the squad over three years spending absolutely shit loads put us there?  It’s not a laughing matter.  The guys took the club back massively when having the chance to build a brilliant future and he’s still ripping a wage man. 

Whether I care or not is irrelevant. 

CL will be gone in two weeks, he hasn't managed us since December. 

What is an investigation going to uncover that Ann doesn't already know? 

Do clubs often get an independent investigation when a manager is replaced?

This place is bonkers. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, smiler said:

It was actually “a decent outcome”.

Just as ridiculous.

Rangers fans salty tears was a decent outcome. 

The fact they are still trophyless is also decent. 

You really need to bend your mind around the fact that I dislike rangers more than hibs. 

It's not that difficult a Concept. 

Iirc about 20% voted  hibs, 80% rangers. 

Move on, Accept not everyone thinks the same and please stop talking about hibs, it's of topic and a bit shite. 

Hopefully the club will start to dismantle the MacPhee influence on its business soon too.  Hiring the pals of the worst assistant manager the club has ever had and allowing him to inveigle his side businesses into areas which would never make any return in particular.

The Board including the ciphers from FoH are culpable for everything done by Levein and MacPhee.  A sorry era.

On 15/05/2020 at 13:30, Smith's right boot said:

Slagging players for being trophyless from that era is classless imo. 

I don't particularly like Mackay but I wouldn't slag him for winning no trophies. 

That behaviour is pathetic imo. 

No, what is pathetic is slagging off Mackay for his opinions on the situation at Hearts, with disrespectful language, but then being unwilling to slag Levein for years of shocking mismanagement, but that’s you eh

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Whether I care or not is irrelevant. 

CL will be gone in two weeks, he hasn't managed us since December. 

What is an investigation going to uncover that Ann doesn't already know? 

Do clubs often get an independent investigation when a manager is replaced?

This place is bonkers. 

It’s not irrelevant at all.  Do you care or not? 

He will be gone, he’s still picking up a wage while we are ****ing battling for survival off the pitch mainly because of him.  It’s 90% Leveins fault 3% Stendel and 7% some conspiracy shite of the SPFL that they would have no say over if Levein, with the biggest footballing budget in our history didn’t waste on absolute shite that has left us in tatters bottom of the table hoping league reconstruction saves us.  

6 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

No, what is pathetic is slagging off Mackay for his opinions on the situation at Hearts, with disrespectful language, but then being unwilling to slag Levein for years of shocking mismanagement, but that’s you eh

Yep. It’s funny that.  Same crew that rips to shreds absolute anything out record season ticket holder ever says - and he was proven right - was rubbish and ripped to shreds, calling him clueless dumb and lots others but when posters are angry that Levein has put us in this position then it’s uncalled for.  

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Yep. It’s funny that.  Same crew that rips to shreds absolute anything out record season ticket holder ever says - and he was proven right - was rubbish and ripped to shreds, calling him clueless dumb and lots others but when posters are angry that Levein has put us in this position then it’s uncalled for.  

Sorry LL, but this Freudian (?) slip made me laugh out loud! :lol:

I’m picturing MacKay sitting there in his hoos with a ****ing gigantic box full of old season tickets. Or perhaps just one comedy-sized giant one leaning up against his living-room wall. 

8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I’m picturing MacKay sitting there in his hoos with a ****ing gigantic box full of old season tickets. Or perhaps just one comedy-sized giant one leaning up against his living-room wall. 

**** sake man.  😁. I would doubt he’s even paid to get into a game mate.  Time for a wee lie doon. 

Just now, Last Laff said:

**** sake man.  😁. I would doubt he’s even paid to get into a game mate.  Time for a wee lie doon. 

:lol:

The imagery made me laugh out loud, so fair dues. 

26 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

:lol:

The imagery made me laugh out loud, so fair dues. 

The Beamer too 😁

21 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

The Beamer too 😁

I have no beef with you man. It’s just a really funny thought. :lol:

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

It’s not irrelevant at all.  Do you care or not? 

He will be gone, he’s still picking up a wage while we are ****ing battling for survival off the pitch mainly because of him.  It’s 90% Leveins fault 3% Stendel and 7% some conspiracy shite of the SPFL that they would have no say over if Levein, with the biggest footballing budget in our history didn’t waste on absolute shite that has left us in tatters bottom of the table hoping league reconstruction saves us.  

No pint in getting angry tho orcreieari g the same stuff. 

CL wil be gone completely soon, he hasn't managed us since December. 

In regards to CL, nothing has changed in the last 6 months, no point in getting angry. 

1 hour ago, HMFC 86 said:

Nope, slagging any Hearts player from that era for not winning trophies is pathetic. 

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Thank **** for that , I read it 3 times and thought  - it must be me, it must be the wine. :rofl:

Guest ToqueJambo
14 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Think I’ll go with MacDonald’s opinion on this one. A man who’s done the job.

And a man who knows as a manager you can have terrible seasons as well as great seasons.

Doddie would never have survived long enough in today's climate to give us 85/86 and a couple of other great seasons, including a great European run. Fans would have demanded his head after any of the previous 4 seasons when he failed to win the First Division in two goes and had us finishing 5th and 7th in the Premier League.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

And a man who knows as a manager you can have terrible seasons as well as great seasons.

Doddie would never have survived long enough in today's climate to give us 85/86 and a couple of other great seasons, including a great European run. Fans would have demanded his head after any of the previous 4 seasons when he failed to win the First Division in two goes and had us finishing 5th and 7th in the Premier League.

This is spot on. I couldn’t agree more, with all of it.

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No pint in getting angry tho orcreieari g the same stuff.

:olly: