Levein and MacPhee left on May 31st ( updated )

mitch41

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, John mcCartney said:

31st is a week on Sunday

Surely there will be a gathering at the Plaza to celebrate the day that the ogre leaves the club.

🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

17 hours ago, 7628mm said:

You have to wonder if  "suggestions" on 14/05/2020 from some posters may have been just a tad early. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that CL is still "working his magic".

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-release-daniel-baur-and-kelby-mason-squad-restructure-begins-2860454

Still, only another 10 days to go.

What could possibly go wrong? 

Ann wouldn’t make another disastrous decision with Levein ?
Or would she.   🤪

Randy Marsh
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Or would she.   🤪

Would not surprise me in the slightest.  Maybe some sort of consultant role. 

Could furlough them both at £2.5k a month on a month to month basis fixed term renewal basis.

Just to be nice, funded by the Govt.

annushorribilis III
14 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We still have a manager, the link that says we were getting rid of Baur and Mason also said Moore and Brandon were offered new contracts, surely that’s at Stendels request?

Is it - and is he staying? 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Is it - and is he staying? 

It’s all up in the air isn’t it? We might not know for a while yet.

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Or would she.   🤪

Nothing that happens just now with Hearts surprises me anymore.

56 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

Who do we bring in first, a sporting director or a new manager? 

I would have thought that a Sporting Director would be first in the door and have a hand in selecting the next Manager assuming DS is not coming back.

It makes sense this way as they will be working closely together and a  SD with lots of good contacts might tempt a decent Manager to come to us.

It's important they can work well together and identify the right players for the team to fit the style of play. 

We have seen what happens when you don't have this continuity as happened when Stendel came in. He wanted to play a certain style and he soon realised we did not have the type of players capable of playing his way so we ended up with a mish mash of some of his style and a compromise to suit some of the players.

The result being some good attacking play with a poor defensive record and still bottom of the league even if the style looked better we were still not getting the results.

If Stendel stays then he should have a hand in the selection process for a Sporting Director in my humble opinion.

30 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I would have thought that a Sporting Director would be first in the door and have a hand in selecting the next Manager assuming DS is not coming back.

It makes sense this way as they will be working closely together and a  SD with lots of good contacts might tempt a decent Manager to come to us.

It's important they can work well together and identify the right players for the team to fit the style of play. 

We have seen what happens when you don't have this continuity as happened when Stendel came in. He wanted to play a certain style and he soon realised we did not have the type of players capable of playing his way so we ended up with a mish mash of some of his style and a compromise to suit some of the players.

The result being some good attacking play with a poor defensive record and still bottom of the league even if the style looked better we were still not getting the results.

If Stendel stays then he should have a hand in the selection process for a Sporting Director in my humble opinion.

I agree with all of that.

Only 2 more sleeps for me until they are gone.  Don't know how levein can live with himself for hanging on for 5 months after Stendel took over.

Worthing Jambo
3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Only 2 more sleeps for me until they are gone.  Don't know how levein can live with himself for hanging on for 5 months after Stendel took over.

I thought you were only 12 hours or so ahead?

2 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Yes, but he sleeps for 3 days at a time.

1 minute ago, Worthing Jambo said:

You're right.  I got ahead of myself.  Thought it was 25th May.  Wishful thinking.

8 more sleeps.  Blast.

Worthing Jambo
26 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

You're right.  I got ahead of myself.  Thought it was 25th May.  Wishful thinking.

8 more sleeps.  Blast.

😂

I thought I had missed something.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Austin Macphee has contacts 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Never seen him in glasses tbf

His contacts are...

Michael O’Neill

er.....

that’s it

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, MTS1874 said:

Who do we bring in first, a sporting director or a new manager? 

Takis Fyssis or Thomas Flogel as SD

Robbo as manager assisted by Andy Kirk

Naismith as player-coach

Skacel as technical coach

Craig Gordon as player-goalie coach

Make it happen Ann!

Edited by ToqueJambo

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Naismith as player-coach

Make it happen Ann!

Nah, **** Naismith off. 

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Nah, **** Naismith off. 

He will stroll the Championship , and will be the driving forcr to bring us straight back up

36 minutes ago, fila said:

He will stroll the Championship , and will be the driving forcr to bring us straight back up

He's probably also the closest we'll ever have to a "does what he likes" player like Scott Brown.

He gets into the oppositions faces, riles them, argues with refs and, mostly, gets away with it. He stood on a Celtic player and verbally abused another after he'd fouled him. Don't recall Hearts having a player like that in my time. 

Edited by martoon

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 hours ago, fila said:

He’s been the polar opposite of a driving force. Hasn’t provided any leadership from what I can see

The more I think about the quality but most importantly the quantity of signings the more suspicious I become.

Will renew once I'm sure hes gone.

That more money was thrown at him for this season was criminal.

Would like some kind of review ,a right good look at what is piss take incompetence or worse if I'm honest about how I feel regarding transfers.

36 of a squad and your lucky if theres 2 of them can run the length of Tynecastle In under a week.

And the ridiculous turnover .I've lost count .

Its infuriating really and beyond belief that we as a support watched this serving up of shite and put up with it.

There has to be minimum standards set for managers at Hearts from now on.

braveheart
13 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Naismith as player-coach

Make it happen Ann!

Ask QoS fans about Naismith. managerialy like a young Levein.mind numbing defensive football 🤮

4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He’s been the polar opposite of a driving force. Hasn’t provided any leadership from what I can see

Playing in team of inept twats, and he still drives the team forward . He will stroll it in a lower league 

14 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Naismith as player-coach

Make it happen Ann!

Locky in charge of the Ultras.

1 hour ago, braveheart said:

Ask QoS fans about Naismith. managerialy like a young Levein.mind numbing defensive football 🤮

Think the poster was referring to Steven Naismith, not Gary Naysmith (former QoS manager).

There seems to be a complete lack of realism regarding finance on this thread and possible candidates for various positions at the club

As it stands we are relegated/expelled with a danger of even the championship not being a full season...already we estimated a £3million loss and it could be worse yet people want big names , extra staff to replace those gone  madness

We have no need for a sporting director next season in the championship..you can look at one if in the top league but a waste of money in the lower leagues

We should work on a basic staff and if they have to do more for a year then tough...they will know there are no jobs for them outside our club

Players need to leave and that may be because they want to and those requests will have to be considered whether we want to or not..we need at least 10 out from our bloated squad.

Oh and what we do need to do is look at the recruitment side with a microscope given its recent lack of success

davemclaren
38 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Think the poster was referring to Steven Naismith, not Gary Naysmith (former QoS manager).

I thought they were talking about Jason!?! 😳

crunchy frog

I wonder if hoddit and doddit  will be having a leaving do? I bet they get a few quid in their collection eh. I'll certainly be having a ****ing gaff party to celebrate on 1st Jun 

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

There seems to be a complete lack of realism regarding finance on this thread and possible candidates for various positions at the club

As it stands we are relegated/expelled with a danger of even the championship not being a full season...already we estimated a £3million loss and it could be worse yet people want big names , extra staff to replace those gone  madness

We have no need for a sporting director next season in the championship..you can look at one if in the top league but a waste of money in the lower leagues

We should work on a basic staff and if they have to do more for a year then tough...they will know there are no jobs for them outside our club

Players need to leave and that may be because they want to and those requests will have to be considered whether we want to or not..we need at least 10 out from our bloated squad.

Oh and what we do need to do is look at the recruitment side with a microscope given its recent lack of success

Yip. 

The news about new and increased pledges to the FoH is great and will see us ok (compared to others in the Championship) but fans shouldn't expect us to be splashing the dosh on wholesale changes when  there will be next to no other revenue streams in that shite league.

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Think I would take an axe to the recruitment side before a microscope

Francis Albert

No wonder the review of the football department never appeared. One word would have been ample to describe it.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, braveheart said:

I'm talking about Steven Naismith.

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

No wonder the review of the football department never appeared. One word would have been ample to describe it.

Exactly Franny!

7 hours ago, braveheart said:

Ooops...🙈

Mcphee will always have the fact he can speak a sentence or two of Japanese, proved to be a priceless asset. 

Magic Numbers
On 22/05/2020 at 14:28, mitch41 said:

Or would she.   🤪

You know what?  I have had this horrible suspicion/dread for a while, that the reason he is still hanging around  is because if we are indeed expelled into the Championship, and Stendel leaves, then Levein will see it as an opportunity to become the returning hero and bring Hearts back to the Premiership.  Unlikely I know, but weirder things have happened.  I just can't understand why he's still here, and AB's trust in him is very likely to sway her decision making I'd reckon.  Suspect she'd also see it as justifying her decision to keep him around.  God I hope it's just working through the lockdown getting to me!!!!

Nothing surprises me any more...

heartsfc_fan
16 minutes ago, Magic Numbers said:

You know what?  I have had this horrible suspicion/dread for a while, that the reason he is still hanging around  is because if we are indeed expelled into the Championship, and Stendel leaves, then Levein will see it as an opportunity to become the returning hero and bring Hearts back to the Premiership.  Unlikely I know, but weirder things have happened.  I just can't understand why he's still here, and AB's trust in him is very likely to sway her decision making I'd reckon.  Suspect she'd also see it as justifying her decision to keep him around.  God I hope it's just working through the lockdown getting to me!!!!

On the flip side (pure guess here) She kept both on because it was far more expensive to terminate their contracts immediately then to run them down.

She's a business owner after all.

Neither will be anywhere near Hearts after this month. She's not that stupid.

Guest ToqueJambo
20 minutes ago, Magic Numbers said:

He may well turn up at Raith, Cowdenbeath or Dunfermline if he's still got the stomach for management or as a DoF and would probably do quite well. We won't see him at Hearts again in an official position though. He's hardly likely to be made an ambassador like Robbo or Locke 😅 Although that would be funny.

On 22/05/2020 at 16:52, wavydavy said:

If we're appointing a sporting director then the manager should have no say in it. The club should be appointing a sporting director who they feel is the best at what they want from the role and not just because the manager knows him. 

46 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

If we're appointing a sporting director then the manager should have no say in it. The club should be appointing a sporting director who they feel is the best at what they want from the role and not just because the manager knows him. 

If we need to make cutbacks in this desperate virus era surely the Sporting Director job needs to be shelved?

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

If we need to make cutbacks in this desperate virus era surely the Sporting Director job needs to be shelved?

Well aye I would think so. I don't expect us to be appointing one. 

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

He may well turn up at Raith, Cowdenbeath or Dunfermline if he's still got the stomach for management or as a DoF and would probably do quite well. We won't see him at Hearts again in an official position though. He's hardly likely to be made an ambassador like Robbo or Locke 😅 Although that would be funny.

After his disastrous tenure at Hearts where he completely lost the plot, why do you think he could “do quite well” anywhere? He’s a busted flush!

Maybe he could be appointed special envoy for all his fanboys - now that would be funny! 😂

1 hour ago, Ari Gold said:

I have to disagree. My main reason is that AB and her Board have shown a complete and utter ignorance about the footballing side of Hearts FC and need help in appointing the right person for such an important job.

9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Funny, hardly think so it would be a disaster and an insult to the fans.

Randy Marsh
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You would think so during these challenging times.  However, Budge could maybe turn to Mr Jim for assistance if ever needed.  He would be a great guy to have on board maybe in some sort of consultancy role. 

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I have to disagree. My main reason is that AB and her Board have shown a complete and utter ignorance about the footballing side of Hearts FC and need help in appointing the right person for such an important job.

I can't disagree with that point on the whole.

However if we are going down the Sporting Director route then they should be making football decisions - hiring a manager. But as you say we do need to find someone who can find a decent sporting director! 

If a manager is trusted to make decisions then he should be bringing in his own scout rather than a sporting director.