Levein and MacPhee left on May 31st ( updated )

mitch41

Class of 75

I went to the Cowdenbeath League Cup game last year and watched in disbelief as Hearts struggled in the second half against a part time team. The football was rank rotten with no plan B and yet this clown still thought he was a master tactician. The writing was on the wall then and Budge should have taken action. An absolute imposter who should have been nowhere near Hearts. Good riddance and close the door on the way out. 

Edited by Class of 75

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

allystrachan

Can’t believe Levein has outlasted Stendel! 

he has the biggest influence in us being bottom of the league & subsequently ejected so I’m quite happy for him to never be welcomed back to tynie again.

4 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

he has the biggest influence in us being bottom of the league & subsequently ejected so I’m quite happy for him to never be welcomed back to tynie again.

Is Stendel away?

28 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Probably cries himself to sleep at night counting his pay off. 

Could do a job as a motivational speaker " look at me, I'm hopeless, yet  I made millions. You can too".  

😂

Genuinely lol'd. 

allystrachan
12 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Is Stendel away?

His contract has ended due to the expulsion from the premiership.

im not sure if there are clauses that both parties have to agree to continue or if they need to negotiate. There’s a comment from his agent stating that his contract has came to an end as a result of today’s decision.

Just now, allystrachan said:

His contract has ended due to the expulsion from the premiership.

im not sure if there are clauses that both parties have to agree to continue or if they need to negotiate. There’s a comment from his agent stating that his contract has came to an end as a result of today’s decision.

Cheers for that 👍🏻

Football agents up and down the country will be devastated at Leveins departure.

Levein was the only halfwit willing to gleefully accept bottom of the barrel pish players with zero talent.

Oh how the agents would snigger behind his back, as time after time, they would inform our tactical genius, that he would be getting a really special player, worthy of a long deal.

The fact he hung around to the bitter end to squeeze every last pound out the club says everything you need to know about the man. 

Randy Marsh
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I genuinely think that he does not give the slightest ****.

This.  He wont care because if he did then he would have left the club 6 months ago.   The man is a scumbag.

Psychedelicropcircle

Hopefully like the pied piper leaving with all the shite he signed.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, martoon said:

I wonder how Craig feels right now? 

Guilty, embarrassed, ashamed...would genuinely like to know. 

Perhaps one of his chums could let me know? I'm man enough to handle the truth. 

Probably telling Budge he can fix it in the Championship.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably telling Budge he can fix it in the Championship.

First place she'll go for advice. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, martoon said:

Give Liam Fox a chance 🙈

That’s his legacy confirmed now. Looking back through this thread some of the mental gymnastics from the Levein sycophants to defend him are pretty amazing. 

It’s a demolition job on the club that you’d struggle to beat if you hired a hibs fan as DOF with the sole intention of messing things up for a laugh. 

Hopefully the end of this sorry chapter in her history is coming soon and will leave with him and Budge vacating the building, but the impact will be felt for years as we’re stuck with shite on fat long term contracts in the championship. 

The guy should never be allowed to show his face at Tynecastle again. I hope he’s feeling it today, but I seriously doubt he gives a shit. 

The Real Maroonblood
57 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

Stendel is still here.

Jean Louis Valois

I don't think anyone could have made a bigger mess of a football team if they had actually tried than he has. Knowing the arrogance of the man he will probably come to games next season, freebies for life. I'd imagine 99% of fans would make their feelings clear.

1 hour ago, jockmac said:

John Colquhoun and friends  up and down the country will be devastated at Leveins departure.

Levein was the only halfwit willing to gleefully accept bottom of the barrel pish players with zero talent.

Oh how JC and pals would snigger behind his back, as time after time, they would inform our tactical genius, that he would be getting a really special player, worthy of a long deal.

The fact he hung around to the bitter end to squeeze every last pound out the club says everything you need to know about the man. 

Fixed. 

It’s not even funny, it’s true. 

“Told you Stendel wouldn’t work Annie, now listen to me again...”

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It’s not even funny, it’s true. 

“Told you Stendel wouldn’t work Annie, now listen to me again...”

As you suggest, bud, not really funny. 

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.  

if she truly lost faith in him, he’d be gone by now, even if it was just gardening leave.  

steven_mck

Watched Hearts at the start of the season when we played 0-0 with Ross County back in August. Realised the style of play hadn't changed, in fact it had regressed and knew then that something wasn't right and that we were already in trouble. It was percentage stuff with the ball in the first 30 mins mostly in the air, head tennis and hopeful misplaced passes or crosses. No development or improvement from previous season. Could have been the players, coaching, teamwork or recruitment. Or was probably all the above.

Edited by steven_mck

John mcCartney
7 minutes ago, steven_mck said:

Watched Hearts at the start of the season when we played 0-0 with Ross County back in August.

Yep,remember the feeling walking away from the ground after the game being of sudden despondency.
Also remember the Cartoon Dugout at some of the early away games...the trio of Lescream,McFee and Daily
looking at each other wtf`in

Fudge ought to make it a clean sweep if she dont bring legal action

4 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

I went to the Cowdenbeath League Cup game last year and watched in disbelief as Hearts struggled in the second half against a part time team. The football was rank rotten with no plan B and yet this clown still thought he was a master tactician. The writing was on the wall then and Budge should have taken action. An absolute imposter who should have been nowhere near Hearts. Good riddance and close the door on the way out. 

I was at that game too and had the same feeling. However, I also went to the pre-season friendly up at Arbroath and we were crap there too.  It was 0-2 going on 4 or 5 nil.

I put it down to not taking the game too seriously and Ann was still on her holidays.  The whole squad got a run-out that day and they were all fairly poor.  The only one I recall getting pass marks was Ryan Edwards and he was off fairly soon afterwards.

Levein just didn't have a clue.

4 hours ago, jockmac said:

Football agents up and down the country will be devastated at Leveins departure.

Oh how the agents would snigger behind his back, as time after time, they would inform our tactical genius, that he would be getting a really special player, worthy of a long deal.

Football agents across the UK should stand at their front doors one evening and give Levein a clap, for his unswerving support and huge favours to multiple agents, in getting their dross players of their hands and contributing to their bonuses.

Never has one man been allowed to sign so much sh1te in such a short time.  Someting like 100+ players in 5 years.  WTF was going on?

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Football agents across the UK should stand at their front doors one evening and give Levein a clap, for his unswerving support and huge favours to multiple agents, in getting their dross players of their hands and contributing to their bonuses.

Never has one man been allowed to sign so much sh1te in such a short time.  Someting like 100+ players in 5 years.  WTF was going on?

:spoton:

eyesandears

Thread back on track now that his last couple of apologists aren't around. Whatever league we are in the club will be far better on 1st June 2020.

Class of 75
42 minutes ago, Yoda said:

I was at that game too and had the same feeling. However, I also went to the pre-season friendly up at Arbroath and we were crap there too.  It was 0-2 going on 4 or 5 nil.

I put it down to not taking the game too seriously and Ann was still on her holidays.  The whole squad got a run-out that day and they were all fairly poor.  The only one I recall getting pass marks was Ryan Edwards and he was off fairly soon afterwards.

Levein just didn't have a clue.

Totally agree my friend. A sorry embarrassing mess. 

Bunny Munro

Leveins entire stint as manager can be summed up with opening day.

Played 4-4-2 all through pre season and the league cup, with Souttar, Halkett and Berra alternating at the back. 

First game we switches to 3-5-2 for no apparent reason and we blow due to Hickey being out of position (due to being asked to play LWB with no practice and Dikamona not having much game time preseason but being required for a back 3. Absolute nonsense.

Randy Marsh
1 hour ago, eyesandears said:

Thread back on track now that his last couple of apologists aren't around. Whatever league we are in the club will be far better on 1st June 2020.

Oh they'll be back once the dust settles on our expulsion.  Levein's health issues will still be brought up from time to time to deflect any criticism.   And when a few of the youngsters break into the first team next season this will all be down to Levein's fantastic work with the academy.  Watch this space.😂

Edited by Randy Marsh

5 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Oh they'll be back once the dust settles on our expulsion.  Levein's health issues will still be brought up from time to time to deflect any criticism.   And when a few of the youngsters break into the first team next season this will all be down to Levein's fantastic work with the academy.  Watch this space.😂

Don’t you forget the injuries. 

Randy Marsh
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Don’t you forget the injuries. 

Of course.  Can't believe I forgot that one!

Nelly Terraces
9 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Who can forget the classic apologist one liner:

"We're lucky to have him.":lol:

We were 'lucky' to have Craig Levein like we'd be 'lucky' to have a dose of crabs, piles & halitosis all at the same fecking time.

pettigrewsstylist
7 hours ago, leginten said:

They were able to see the bigger picture, though - a vision denied to us mere mortals. And they understood the “business model”.

Maybe one of them will be on shortly to tell us how good things are going to be in the next five years if we can overcome our “entitlement”.

Their pants remained bone dry throughout. They often accused those who were concerned where this would lead us, if it continued unchallenged,  of having damp underwear.

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, Paolo said:

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.  

if she truly lost faith in him, he’d be gone by now, even if it was just gardening leave.  

He is only going because of current situ surely. No opportunity to spin a new role for him.

John mcCartney
6 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

We were 'lucky' to have Craig Levein like we'd be 'lucky' to have a dose of crabs, piles & halitosis all at the same fecking time.

some radge a few days ago ended his piece with `sorry it didnt work out`

I got coffee up my nose

22 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

:lol: 

Nelly Terraces
15 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Their pants remained bone dry throughout. They often accused those who were concerned where this would lead us, if it continued unchallenged,  of having damp underwear.

Think we're all still waiting with baited breath as to their special insight they had into the Levein masterplan, you know, the one us mere mortals couldn't see as we're obviously just not as clued up as they are. Or was it all just in their imagination, desperately clinging to hope that's it'll all come good despite it being so completely obvious it never will, kinda like Comical Ali in the last days of the Saddam Hussein reign of Iraq.

11 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

some radge a few days ago ended his piece with `sorry it didnt work out`

I got coffee up my nose

Yeah, could see reading that kinda statement having that sort of effect mate!:biggrin2:

They'd probably say that to their Mrs if they caught her in bed with their best friend & find out she's emptied the bank account, sold the house & fecked off abroad with him around the same time. 

Utter, total, complete MUGS.

39 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

You’re probably right and .....

.... we WILL miss him once he’s gone!

J.T.F.Robertson
8 hours ago, The Fonz said:

That’s his legacy confirmed now. Looking back through this thread some of the mental gymnastics from the Levein sycophants to defend him are pretty amazing. 

It’s a demolition job on the club that you’d struggle to beat if you hired a hibs fan as DOF with the sole intention of messing things up for a laugh. 

Hopefully the end of this sorry chapter in her history is coming soon and will leave with him and Budge vacating the building, but the impact will be felt for years as we’re stuck with shite on fat long term contracts in the championship. 

The guy should never be allowed to show his face at Tynecastle again. I hope he’s feeling it today, but I seriously doubt he gives a shit. 

Your second paragraph is right on the money. It's impossible to comprehend how anyone could get it so completely wrong. (and be allowed to)

What a ****ing mess.

It should have been ten
On 17/05/2020 at 23:56, Smith's right boot said:

Wasn't successful?

He played for us for ten plus years?

Is playing for Hearts in that era not classed as successful? 

When folk rip CL for no trophies they are ripping Hearts at that time and other players as well who played all or majority of thier career with us. 

No need for it tbh. Shite patter in any form. 

This 

Randy Marsh
9 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

"We're the luckiest club in the world".  Another peach. :vrface:

The Real Maroonblood
9 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Levein was to lucky to have her.as a benefactor.

jambopilms

Would love to know what went on over pre season training. We came back unfitter,more unorganized and unmotivated. 6 weeks of training for that shit show.

Start the season badly and it got worse from there.

On 14/05/2020 at 12:18, mitch41 said:

Great news. Now all you fans who said they’d not go back till they were gone go and get your ST’s.

On 14/05/2020 at 12:19, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Brilliant news ! Let the rebuild commence 

On 19/05/2020 at 12:18, MTS1874 said:

Bizarrely we still have to wait another 12 days before he finally leaves the club.

You have to wonder if  "suggestions" on 14/05/2020 from some posters may have been just a tad early. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that CL is still "working his magic".

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-release-daniel-baur-and-kelby-mason-squad-restructure-begins-2860454

Still, only another 10 days to go.

What could possibly go wrong? 

Edited by 7628mm

Famous 1874

Will renew as soon as Hearts release the official announcement, which should be next Sunday. 
2/4 gone. 

annushorribilis III
On 19/05/2020 at 12:18, MTS1874 said:

Bizarrely we still have to wait another 12 days before he finally leaves the club.

There's no one in charge shaping the squad for next season then ? Other than a guy being made to clean up his own mess of shit signings. 

And we could conceivably be back in training in a few weeks ? 

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

There's no one in charge shaping the squad for next season then ? Other than a guy being made to clean up his own mess of shit signings. 

And we could conceivably be back in training in a few weeks ? 

We still have a manager, the link that says we were getting rid of Baur and Mason also said Moore and Brandon were offered new contracts, surely that’s at Stendels request?

On 19/05/2020 at 09:06, jambopilms said:

Would love to know what went on over pre season training. We came back unfitter,more unorganized and unmotivated. 6 weeks of training for that shit show.

Start the season badly and it got worse from there.

The players walked in the door and said “**** he’s still here!!”

John mcCartney

31st is a week on Sunday

Surely there will be a gathering at the Plaza to celebrate the day that the ogre leaves the club.