Levein and MacPhee left on May 31st ( updated )

mitch41

55 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think you’ll probably find Craig is welcome back at Tynecastle any time he pleases. He’s put most of his life in to HMFC and I for one would like to see him come back as a supporter. His latest spell was more down than up, but he’s a Hearts man, and will not be chased out. 

You might welcome him back with open arms, but I definitely wouldn’t feel comfortable if I was Levein sitting in the stand at Tynecastle. Given the feeling amongst the majority of the support he’d get some deserved verbal abuse at least. 

Like I said, Pieman sits in the directors section and seems to get by without getting any grief so maybe the ill feeling will fade and Levein will be able to attend in future. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think you’ll probably find Craig is welcome back at Tynecastle any time he pleases. He’s put most of his life in to HMFC and I for one would like to see him come back as a supporter. His latest spell was more down than up, but he’s a Hearts man, and will not be chased out. 

He could appear at half time at one of the games.

:laugh:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

You might welcome him back with open arms, but I definitely wouldn’t feel comfortable if I was Levein sitting in the stand at Tynecastle. Given the feeling amongst the majority of the support he’d get some deserved verbal abuse at least. 

Like I said, Pieman sits in the directors section and seems to get by without getting any grief so maybe the ill feeling will fade and Levein will be able to attend in future. 

I try to call the pieman a prick if I ever get the chance 

johnthomas
4 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Totally agree with this apart from the Jack Ross bit since his departure might have been totally justified.

My take is that Levein's mistakes were generally linked to trying to pull off masterstrokes - almost all of which backfired from the Cathro appointment and signing of players with potential/pedigree but either had been been recently injured (Naysmith, Wighton, Damour, White, Clare)  or got subsequently injured (Uche, Souttar, Haring, Washington, Smith, Halkett, Djoum, Garuccio). I don't resent him for trying that because having ambition means taking chances.

However, I do think our first team coaches must have left a lot to be desired if they couldn't get us in the top half of the table given the players at their disposal.

I am sad rather than angry but I still think it will be quite a while before we will be wanting to see CL back at Tynecastle.

Agree with most of that . Despite what some think we have some decent players . Difficult to understand how we were so bad at times . On the odd occasion when we were good we were very good . Which , I suppose , points the figure at motivation .

Certainly think CL lost his mojo somewhere . Contentious game at Hamilton 2-3 years ago saw him back to his nippy best , didn't last .

Worthing Jambo
28 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

He was at Riccarton constant regardless of if the first team where there or not and was in contact with which ever players he wanted to be in contact with. To pretend other wise is mental. How do I know, I know a first team player. 

Do you know if the consensus was that he was a help or hindrance?

1 hour ago, Jingle Bells said:

Your one of the ejects, on here, that backed Levein to the bitter end whilst everybody else could see the  footballing side of the Club was going down the pan.

Your've no creditabilty left.

Your?  eject?  Creditability?

Ouch.

Take care of your credibility chief. 👍

26 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

Would you shout abuse at him if he was sitting next to you, then? :lol:

Nelly Terraces
8 hours ago, south morocco said:

Good news. I think CL is finished in football now. Will be interesting to see where Austin ends up now. 

You do have to wonder who would take the guy on in any capacity - he literally single handedly destroyed us despite being given everything, DoF role, manager, best infrastructure going, large club with big support, money for players. 

Actually toiling to think of a worse job anywhere in football. He has the midas touch in reverse.

Autumn 2018, we went from being league leaders, playing fast-flowing attacking football, to the worst run of results in (a long time), just after CL had a coronary, following which he rushed back to work. 

Over several decades, he made an outstanding contribution. A great pity it has ended this way. Of course he should be welcomed back any time.

4 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Autumn 2018, we went from being league leaders, playing fast-flowing attacking football, to the worst run of results in (a long time), just after CL had a coronary, following which he rushed back to work. 

Over several decades, he made an outstanding contribution. A great pity it has ended this way. Of course he should be welcomed back any time.

Fast flowing attacking football? Hold the fort.  It was defenders not having a clue how to deal with Uche and a very solid midfield that the results where based on before it all went tits up. 

43 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He'd make Hugh Burns appear popular 🤭

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Would you shout abuse at him if he was sitting next to you, then? :lol:

Yeah why not, one sucker punch on a workmate doesn’t make you a hard man 🙈.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Neil Lennon would get a better reception.

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

You do have to wonder who would take the guy on in any capacity - he literally single handedly destroyed us despite being given everything, DoF role, manager, best infrastructure going, large club with big support, money for players. 

Actually toiling to think of a worse job anywhere in football. He has the midas touch in reverse.

The Judas touch 🤔?

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He told certain players in person that they were surplus to requirements, he was chatting to players in the corridors which I know for a fact.

That was his role so I hardly think that is news

Have ago at him if you have to but in this case you are wrong and it was his job

52 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He could dress up as the mascot like Ally McCoist and then do a big reveal. The reaction of the crowd at the moment the mascot head came off would be interesting.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I try to call the pieman a prick if I ever get the chance 

Good man 👍🏼

The Real Maroonblood
27 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

You're probably right. 

Rick Sanchez
1 hour ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

Absolute ***** of a man. Don't care how good a player he was, he has shafted us big time.

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Good news. 

Loser number one first to leave. 

Hopefully many more follow. 

These posts sum up my feelings perfectly. June 1st season ticket renewal! 

Gorillajam

Good.

Hopefully this is the start of the rebuilding. Next up Budge handing over the club to the FoH.

39 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Jesus. 

1 hour ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Do you know if the consensus was that he was a help or hindrance?

I highly doubt he was down there to cause trouble but I also don’t think him being there was to help either. Just hung around like a bad smell. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I highly doubt he was down there to cause trouble but I also don’t think him being there was to help either. Just hung around like a bad smell. 

Ridiculous state of affairs, and classic Budge soft touch

What on earth will become of us when we lose AM Sports expert knowledge in setting up links with children's football teams in our Global Youth Partner Programme?

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/hearts-unveil-global-youth-partner-programme

Maybe our 'Global Ambassador' will be crucial.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-appoint-scout-global-ambassador-15819824

It is going to take a lot of effort to rip up Levein and MacPhee's mess.  Were the Club Board asleep when they were squandering money on this nonsense?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

That was his role so I hardly think that is news

Have ago at him if you have to but in this case you are wrong and it was his job

Did you read the post I was replying to before jumping down my throat? He said Levein had no contact with any of the players. 

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Thats a picture of him in charge of a game where he chose to start with Craig Wighton up front and we got spanked 3-0. Good luck to the guy, but anyone paying to listen to him ought to be locked up. 

I could be wrong but it actually looks like Ibrox where we lost 5 nil under his stewardship.

Ethan Hunt
2 hours ago, graygo said:

Your?  eject?  Creditability?

Ouch.

Take care of your credibility chief. 👍

You missed your’ve.

So sad ...

CL one of the best defenders Hearts have ever had .....

for that he is a legend!

Randy Marsh
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I could be wrong but it actually looks like Ibrox where we lost 5 nil under his stewardship.

To be fair Joel P-error was at fault for about 4 of those goals. 

I watched him as a player and he was class.

unfortunately I will remember him more for what he has done to this club after admin. A bloody disgrace it was allowed to drag on as long as it did. From appointing Cathro to the 31st May 2020.

his legacy for me is that he spunked millions in absolute dross that he couldn’t manage and as for his back room team. 
Goodbye and thanks for putting us in the shite 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

To be fair Joel P-error was at fault for about 4 of those goals. 

Yeah and like the two other managers they kept picking him.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

folk calling a man that played (extremely well) in a World Cup finals a loser

was good enough to play for the old firm but could have sat on their bench and racked-up the medals like others have done

obviously all gone wrong latterly - maybe it was 100% Levein fault but my guess is he got stuck between backing his tried and tested Levein-ball ways and nonsense spouted by so-called progressive guys like macphee

dont think the heart-scare helped either

stendal a very likeable guy and hopeful he’lll br a great success here but with Naismith Washington etc back I don’t think we’d be bottom now with Levein and in this particular mess

therefore queen ann to blame - such is her incompetence she managed to sack him too late and too early - pretty much st the worst possible time 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I watched him as a player and he was class.

unfortunately I will remember him more for what he has done to this club after admin. A bloody disgrace it was allowed to drag on as long as it did. From appointing Cathro to the 31st May 2020.

his legacy for me is that he spunked millions in absolute dross that he couldn’t manage and as for his back room team. 
Goodbye and thanks for putting us in the shite 

Another £3m loss coming up that he’s mainly responsible for too.

Gorgieboy7
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah and like the two other managers they kept picking him.

he got dropped after Ibrox

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Gorgieboy7 said:

he got dropped after Ibrox

He cost us goals at Hampden against Rangers and wasn’t dropped (kept picking him), he was also picked again by Macphee after he dropped him in the game you’re talking about.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

folk calling a man that played (extremely well) in a World Cup finals a loser

was good enough to play for the old firm but could have sat on their bench and racked-up the medals like others have done

obviously all gone wrong latterly - maybe it was 100% Levein fault but my guess is he got stuck between backing his tried and tested Levein-ball ways and nonsense spouted by so-called progressive guys like macphee

dont think the heart-scare helped either

stendal a very likeable guy and hopeful he’lll br a great success here but with Naismith Washington etc back I don’t think we’d be bottom now with Levein and in this particular mess

therefore queen ann to blame - such is her incompetence she managed to sack him too late and too early - pretty much st the worst possible time 

I’m not sure if Naismith training when he felt like it or at home would’ve seen him back under Levein, maybe just before the Scotland games. Washington played throughout the awful league cup games and scored a penalty and a rebound before being injured in mid September where we hadn’t won a league game in six attempts. Not sure how much of a difference he would’ve made really. Budge is definitely at fault though, for even giving him the job in the first place and leaving it far to late to sack him. 

Ethan Hunt
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

I got bored and stopped reading before the last line.

Na, you definitely missed it because it came just before creditability which is on the last line.

We’ll put it down to it being a long day😴

33 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

So sad ...

CL one of the best defenders Hearts have ever had .....

for that he is a legend!

Agreed. He was a very good manager too, in his first term here. Wasn’t all shite in his second either, although it did fall apart.

What I just don’t get, is the personal nature of the abuse. I think it reflects far worse on those that dish it out.

Francis Albert

Better late than never. 

Sorry but I don't see this long overdue news as anything to celebrate.

Maybe the long awaited report on the "football department" will accompany this news,

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Clearly don’t know him then 🙈

Byyy The Light

Levein, Budge, coaches, senior pros, whole squad...no focus, no clear leadership, no desire, no drive, no collective will to win. Just drifting along, passing the buck, a big friendly back slapping mess of complacency and doing the minimum to get by.

That's what we've become and the blame lies at every single person involved.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, jonesy said:

My bad...

but his worse!

Easy mistake to make, it was only when I zoomed in and looked it up (he had a coat on at Hampden 😆). Imagine using that photo, only because Gerrard was in it really.

It should have been ten
5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good bye and good luck. 

The personal abuse hurled at CL in particular by Hearts fans was poor. 

Shame we couldn't win that sc last season. 

Don't think I've wanted anything more in my adult life. End the  treble treble, 🖕 to lennon and Craig would have had his trophy. 

Alas, not to be. 😢

4 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

:spoton:

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Clearly don’t know him then 🙈

I’ve seen him hit a Hearts supporter from behind in the early 90s, I’ve shouted at him before in Cathros last game and wouldn’t hesitate to do it again, whether I know him or not.

East Lothian Jambo
10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Better late than never. 

Sorry but I don't see this long overdue news as anything to celebrate.

Maybe the long awaited report on the "football department" will accompany this news,

That long awaited document will never see the light of day 

She would get ridiculed if she issued it now. There will need to be reference to what went wrong at some point. Governing body and fellow clubs blame won't pacify entire support