Levein and MacPhee left on May 31st ( updated )

mitch41

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Cue the “not going back ‘till Levein leaves” guys now “not going back ‘till Budge leaves”. 😎

Followed by "I'm not going back until Levein's name is removed from the Main Stand plaque".

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Followed by "I'm not going back until Levein's name is removed from the Main Stand plaque".

😂 shouldn’t laugh at people being disillusioned but **** it 😂

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Cue the “not going back ‘till Levein leaves” guys now “not going back ‘till Budge leaves”. 😎

Any old excuse eh !  Who knows what these fans are thinking.

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Any old excuse eh !  Who knows what these fans are thinking.

They’re probably thinking ‘I’m not going back ‘till Budge leaves’ 🤷🏼‍♀️

in my experience, two or three good performances and they’ll flood back no matter who’s at the club. 

Edited by GinRummy

underwaterwoodwelder
1 hour ago, south morocco said:

Good news. I think CL is finished in football now. Will be interesting to see where Austin ends up now. 

Austin will end up in Cupar with his academy that he set up, A M soccer.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, David Black said:

That's a far whack saved of the budget.

When you add Stendel and the release clause for relegation,  it's ok to use it in this context,  it will help us I'm sure cut costs appropriately 

1 hour ago, Peebo said:

I wonder what will happen to that tie up with Austin’s side business that was going to be so profitable for us...

Would expect his company will continue to organise/support the youth tournaments and support elements of the coaching tie up with that US club. 

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Levein in League One. I feel a bit sorry for McPhee, I don't think he's a bad guy overall. Just not right for us.

Wouldn't be surprised if Austin is coaching again soon. His time leading at Hearts didn’t work out but it’s arguable the more experienced Levein and current incumbent hasn’t done any better with the squad. He’ll point that out every time.

Levein really is a pathetic excuse of a man. Wouldn't walk away for free after causing colossal damage to the club and even in lockdown wouldn't walk away as a gesture. Great player, a manager who ended up years out of his time, an absolute welt of a man. Don't bother coming back to Tynecastle, there's no chance he would buy a season ticket anyway. 

Jingle Bells
38 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Daly gone, Levein going, McPhee going, Fox sidelined, Gallagher ?

I recon Fox will leave unless his contract isn’t due to run out.

What a pile of manure.

Forgot about John Murray until Brave Heart reminded me.

You still can't have a CEO who hasn't a scooby about the " Core Business" though.

Ex member of the SaS

TBF I have never really seen what McPhee did at the club and think maybe he was hampered by Levein's tactics and team selections. Maybe even just in the wrong role. Can't say I heard anything good he's done since he started working from home either, so maybe best to let him go. As for Levein, I will reserve judgement until the door hits is arse on the way out. Can't bring myself to fully trust Ann where he is concerned

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Great news. Now all you fans who said they’d not go back till they were gone go and get your ST’s.

I'll wait until it is confirmed he has gone thanks very much.

8 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Levein really is a pathetic excuse of a man. Wouldn't walk away for free after causing colossal damage to the club and even in lockdown wouldn't walk away as a gesture. Great player, a manager who ended up years out of his time, an absolute welt of a man. Don't bother coming back to Tynecastle, there's no chance he would buy a season ticket anyway. 

Totally irrelevant to the predicament we are in thanks mainly to him.

Pans Jambo
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Great news. Now all you fans who said they’d not go back till they were gone go and get your ST’s.

Where are we seeing this?

Jingle Bells
39 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The admin team and moderators are looking forwards to the ‘Levein has now been gone a week’ thread. 😄🤔

If true, I reckon the Scottish Government should declare a national holiday for the 1st June each year and call it Levein Free day.

8 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

TBF I have never really seen what McPhee did at the club and think maybe he was hampered by Levein's tactics and team selections. Maybe even just in the wrong role. Can't say I heard anything good he's done since he started working from home either, so maybe best to let him go. As for Levein, I will reserve judgement until the door hits is arse on the way out. Can't bring myself to fully trust Ann where he is concerned

Me neither. 

Gone, no longer on Hearts' payroll but he still has her ear. He'll still be, I suspect, her goto when she doesn't know what's she's doing. 

Edited by martoon

As a final act of generosity Ann has allowed Craig to organise a car to drive them away from Tyncastle with some dignity.

91891b01ca8f91c1f9072f77bec140dc_w200.gi

5 minutes ago, martoon said:

Me neither. 

Gone, no longer on Hearts' payroll but he still has her ear. He'll still be, I suspect, her goto when she doesn't know what's she's doing. 

He will be paid by her through some other way for an advisory role, guaranteed. 

6 minutes ago, martoon said:

Me neither. 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

He will be paid by her through some other way for an advisory role, guaranteed. 

There's being neurotic, there's being paranoid, and then there's this.

Tommy Brown
7 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

As a final act of generosity Ann has allowed Craig to organise a car to drive them away from Tyncastle with some dignity.

91891b01ca8f91c1f9072f77bec140dc_w200.gi

:lol::jambobanana:

Edited by Tommy Brown

tolcross lad

Time and Millions wasted. Levein was a disaster.Somehow McPhee survived post Cathro.

I will never understand how Ann Budge continued to support Levein as the level of his incompetence became increasingly evident season after season.Time to move on but its hard to forget. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

:yas:

Absolutely delighted about this, especially McPhee. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, lost in space said:

Suitable leaving gift? Can we do a crowd-fund??

Let’s buy McPhee a foreigner he can speak to 

Leveins Battalion

Whilst it will be a relief to see the back of them it really is beyond parody that these two are still being paid by our club.

The worst management team in my lifetime,and to add misery they have sat out their contracts and shat on us.

A massive rebuild in terms of coaching set up and backroom staff through to player recruitment and youth academy all needed.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Whilst it will be a relief to see the back of them it really is beyond parody that these two are still being paid by our club.

The worst management team in my lifetime,and to add misery they have sat out their contracts and shat on us.

A massive rebuild in terms of coaching set up and backroom staff through to player recruitment and youth academy all needed.

I’d love to know why either of them were really kept him.

Sad how Levein has totally destroyed his reputation at the club after the good work done up until Robbie left.

Seems incredible to think at one point last season,  people were talking of a title challenge. 

He'll point to injuries as an excuse but the overall recruitment, tactics and coaching have been woeful under him as manager.

I wonder if he regrets Jack Ross leaving. as his departure resulting in Cathro being the chosen head coach is a sliding doors moment for me.

Don't get the loathing of MacPhee as he was never the one calling the shots and at least of some his recruitment was decent (albeit folk he knew from Northern Ireland).

I do find his wearing of a suit when interim manager a heinous crime though.

Batistuta87

A step in the right direction for the club, but they should never have been allowed to stay this long. Utterly horrendous decision from the board and one that we will live to regret long into the next couple of seasons. Not sure how much blame you can pin on MacPhee and think he's been made a bit of a scapegoat in all this, but I'm certainly very glad to see the back of Levein who has run us into the ground this last season and should never be let near the club again. I'd like to see the money saved going towards getting Stendel to have a punt at getting us promoted.

Edited by Batistuta87

Werner Herzog

The first steps out of a nightmarish couple of years.

Now to bin the current manager & 90% of the playing/coaching staff.

2 hours ago, Sertse said:

Beating an old horse here but it's ridiculous that it has taken this long for them to be released. They should have been away MONTHS ago. Let's hope that next season regardless of what league we're in, we can stop this rot.

Budge soft as shit.

50 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Would expect his company will continue to organise/support the youth tournaments and support elements of the coaching tie up with that US club. 

Will be interesting to see (although I suspect we may never hear of it again). Certainly makes it easier to do an objective cost/benefit analysis of the relationship. 

23 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It’s not paranoia because I’m not really fussed.  As long as the club never have to pay him again. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Costanza said:

Sad how Levein has totally destroyed his reputation at the club after the good work done up until Robbie left.

Seems incredible to think at one point last season,  people were talking of a title challenge. 

He'll point to injuries as an excuse but the overall recruitment, tactics and coaching have been woeful under him as manager.

I wonder if he regrets Jack Ross leaving. as his departure resulting in Cathro being the chosen head coach is a sliding doors moment for me.

Don't get the loathing of MacPhee as he was never the one calling the shots and at least of some his recruitment was decent (albeit folk he knew from Northern Ireland).

I do find his wearing of a suit when interim manager a heinous crime though.

McPhee contributed feck all and is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is

17 minutes ago, redjambo said:

You really think Ann will cease asking her bff for advice even after May 31.

I don't. No neurosis or paranoia, red. I just don't believe her bond with and reliance on CL will end just because his contract ends. 

@Last Laff's scenario playing out would not surprise me either.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

McPhee contributed feck all and is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is

You must have more insight than me as I don't know how the operation worked, albeit there is little evidence of his much heralded analysis at Northern Ireland and the coaching at the club was clearly sh1te.

He must have something based on NI but in any case, it's Levein as the man in charge who gets all my ire.

4 minutes ago, martoon said:

You really think Ann will cease asking her bff for advice even after May 31.

I don't. No neurosis or paranoia, red. I just don't believe her bond with and reliance on CL will end just because his contract ends. 

@Last Laff's scenario playing out would not surprise me either.

I'm not inside Ann's head, so can never be sure of course, Martoon, but I think (fervently hope) she has wisened up now that she's seen what her history of listening to Craig has done to the club.

In saying that, I have to admit that my main opposition to opinions like yours and LL's is that it really does us feck all good. In fact it's unwanted negativity for the sake of it. We have to move on. If there's any proof after he's gone that Levein still has input into the club then let's address it if/when it happens. In the meantime it's pure conjecture, like the mindset of someone who can never be happy even when there is cause to be. Let's just put him behind us, be happy at his departure, and try to sort out the mess.

Thanks for all your work and efforts. Both leave with my best wishes, and thanks. Just didn’t work out really.

Restonbabe
2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

It also meant there was still a huge cloud hanging over the club and unease amongst the support. I can't see what good it did having him lurking around when Stendel was battling to win over players also.

He was nowhere near the 1st team and was banished from Riccarton when the squads were there 

buzzbomb1958
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Brilliant news ! Let the rebuild commence 

Yes feck off the pair of barstewards and don't let the door hit your arses on the way out

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Thanks for all your work and efforts. Both leave with my best wishes, and thanks. Just didn’t work out really.

I wouldn't be as lenient as you (prepare for pelters, by the way :D), but I was just thinking that on a personal level I hope that they both find something in life that they enjoy doing and are successful at, as I wish almost all people. I just want it to be away from Hearts, as it will be very soon.

1 minute ago, Restonbabe said:

He was nowhere near the 1st team and was banished from Riccarton when the squads were there 

GOOD

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, tian447 said:

Let's get them classy parting gifts.

Maybe a crystal decanter of some sort. 

I think a couple of Broken Mugs would be more fitting.

2 hours ago, Sertse said:

Beating an old horse here but it's ridiculous that it has taken this long for them to be released. They should have been away MONTHS ago. Let's hope that next season regardless of what league we're in, we can stop this rot.

Total lack of leadership.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Homme said:

They put us in position to be expelled by the SPFL and had the audacity to stick around when told they were no longer required. 

Unforgiveable. 

Both Fifers 🤔👍🏽

8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I'm not inside Ann's head, so can never be sure of course, Martoon, but I think (fervently hope) she has wisened up now that she's seen what her history of listening to Craig has done to the club.

In saying that, I have to admit that my main opposition to opinions like yours and LL's is that it really does us feck all good. In fact it's unwanted negativity for the sake of it. We have to move on. If there's any proof after he's gone that Levein still has input into the club then let's address it if/when it happens. In the meantime it's pure conjecture, like the mindset of someone who can never be happy even when there is cause to be. Let's just put him behind us, be happy at his departure, and try to sort out the mess.

Fair enough. Hopefully, post 31 May, there will be no issue. A sound appointment to replace Levein would certainly allay any fears or suspicions. You're right. Moving on benefits us all.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

He told certain players in person that they were surplus to requirements, he was chatting to players in the corridors which I know for a fact.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think a couple of Broken Mugs would be more fitting.

😁

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Fair enough. Hopefully, post 31 May, there will be no issue. A sound appointment to replace Levein would certainly allay any fears or suspicions. You're right. Moving on benefits us all.

I would welcome such an appointment. However, given the current crisis and financial situation, it may take longer than we would like.