Levein and MacPhee left on May 31st ( updated )

mitch41

Great news. Now all you fans who said they’d not go back till they were gone go and get your ST’s.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Suitable leaving gift? Can we do a crowd-fund??

Sign don't darken the door again 

Beating an old horse here but it's ridiculous that it has taken this long for them to be released. They should have been away MONTHS ago. Let's hope that next season regardless of what league we're in, we can stop this rot.

Although Levein has to take a large slice of the blame for our current predicament the sad paradox we have is that he would have been the most formidable opponent of the SPFL had he not effectively been neutered by being so involved in our demise.

Well hopefully from the 1st of June we will never have to hear the name Austin MacPhee again and Craig Levein only as a player

south morocco

Good news. I think CL is finished in football now. Will be interesting to see where Austin ends up now. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

That has always been the case has it not? 

Some didn’t believe it though. 

1 minute ago, south morocco said:

Good news. I think CL is finished in football now. Will be interesting to see where Austin ends up now. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Levein in League One. I feel a bit sorry for McPhee, I don't think he's a bad guy overall. Just not right for us.

south morocco
1 minute ago, Sertse said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Levein in League One. I feel a bit sorry for McPhee, I don't think he's a bad guy overall. Just not right for us.

Agreed. Happy to move on now.

Silvery_Moon

He will be here just long enough to see us expelled to the Championship. 

His contribution to that will not be forgotten. 

Let's get them classy parting gifts.

Maybe a crystal decanter of some sort. 

GorgieFifeLife

Has there been some sort of announcement of this or are we just going over news which has been known for months?  

Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

Has there been some sort of announcement of this or are we just going over news which has been known for months?  

EEN running it, just confirmation really.

I wonder what will happen to that tie up with Austin’s side business that was going to be so profitable for us...

10 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Austin seems to be fairly well respected in the game, so I’m sure won’t be short of work. His reputation is good, but it’s hard to ignore that we’ve been absolutely shite the entire time he’s been employed by the club.  

As for Levein, any chairman would have to be a complete fool to let him near their club. *Hopefully for his sake he’s looked after his money (we’ve certainly paid him enough) and can slink off into retirement. 

*I don’t actually care, just glad to see the back of him. 

17 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

That has always been the case has it not? 

Yes, although CL could have helped AB by doing the decent thing and leaving earlier. His continued presence fuelled a lot of the misinformation about his departure.

Jingle Bells

Two out of three aint to bad so far.

Danger is he suddenly makes a reappearence once the Season Ticket money is in.

26 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Beating an old horse here but it's ridiculous that it has taken this long for them to be released. They should have been away MONTHS ago. Let's hope that next season regardless of what league we're in, we can stop this rot.

In a strange twist of fate keeping them has actually saved the club money.....both will have been furloughed.

Well done guys. Responsible for leaving the 3rd biggest club in Scotland on the brink of relegation.

Utterly unforgivable. 

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

NaturalOrder74

Ffs we better get the finger out and get a 4 year deal printed out we’re already half way through the month ! 

12 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

Yes, although CL could have helped AB by doing the decent thing and leaving earlier. His continued presence fuelled a lot of the misinformation about his departure.

It also meant there was still a huge cloud hanging over the club and unease amongst the support. I can't see what good it did having him lurking around when Stendel was battling to win over players also.

Boab Mugabe

Undeniably good news, I’ll happily buy my season ticket on June 1st.

Levein has damaged this club much worse than any other individual that I can think of. Must not be welcomed back, which is a shame given he was a terrific player. 

They put us in position to be expelled by the SPFL and had the audacity to stick around when told they were no longer required. 

Unforgiveable. 

Jamboelite

It was set out very clearly from the off when he would leave and no other statements from the club changed that view, so not sure the big surprise here.

All that changed from then to now was people clambering over each other about “what ifs”.

His time has past and we move on.

Edited by Jamboelite

5 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

It was set out very clearly from the off when he would leave and no other statements from the club changed that view, so not sure the big surprise here.

All that changed from then to now was people clambering over each other about “what ifs”.

His time has past and we move on.

👍

Madjambo21

Glad to see him go.

Wish it had turned out better for him but ultimately his ego came before the club.

Probably turn up on tv now.

Would love to see him and Michael Stewart together.

See if Stewart would still be lippy to his face lol

andythejambo
33 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

Austin seems to be fairly well respected in the game, so I’m sure won’t be short of work. His reputation is good, but it’s hard to ignore that we’ve been absolutely shite the entire time he’s been employed by the club.  

As for Levein, any chairman would have to be a complete fool to let him near their club. *Hopefully for his sake he’s looked after his money (we’ve certainly paid him enough) and can slink off into retirement. 

*I don’t actually care, just glad to see the back of him. 

Yes, think he has deposited most of his brass at the Bank Of William Hill🤣💸💸💸

The fact Levein is still there leeching a wage in times like this is unforgiveable after the mess he's created - can't say i hate many folk in football but he's one 

31 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Two out of three aint to bad so far.

Danger is he suddenly makes a reappearence once the Season Ticket money is in.

Daly gone, Levein going, McPhee going, Fox sidelined, Gallagher ?

I recon Fox will leave unless his contract isn’t due to run out.

davemclaren
Just now, mitch41 said:

Daly gone, Levein going, McPhee going, Fox sidelined, Gallagher ?

I recon Fox will leave unless his contract isn’t due to run out.

I reckon a lot will go given our current predicament

Marty Byrde
4 minutes ago, rory78 said:

The fact Levein is still there leeching a wage in times like this is unforgiveable after the mess he's created - can't say i hate many folk in football but he's one 

He's still taking a wage (while the club pretends he's adding anything worthwhile) during it's hour of need and shuffling about in the background while DS isn't taking anything. 

Hearts legend though.

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I reckon a lot will go given our current predicament

I’d like to have 2 top class keepers with one being the coach. 
let’s say Craig Gordon as a keeper and coach.

someone like Jon McLaughlin as a keeper.

with one of our talented reserve keeper in the first team squad of 25 players.

davemclaren

The admin team and moderators are looking forwards to the ‘Levein has now been gone a week’ thread. 😄🤔

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

6 years and apart from 6-7 months under Robbie in the championship we have played poorly, bought poorly and developed poorly.

Cue the “not going back ‘till Levein leaves” guys now “not going back ‘till Budge leaves”. 😎