SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I really hope Dundee Hibs die. The absolute brass neck on them, they weren't Champions when the season ended, they were guaranteed a play off spot. We weren't relegated when the season ended and they also voted against reconstruction and to end the season. They are utter scum. Where's that wee Tangerine arse piece that was on here a while back. I'm so glad I abused him senseless, horrible feckin cretinous shithole club. :laugh2: 

100% both Dundee clubs are scum.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

Does any team stand to lose from 14-10-10-10? 

I'd love to know what Sky are thinking about all this and the fact their first payment could go on legal costs and compensation while done teams disappear altogether.

ND needs to force through what's right and leave his position. 

Yep, Albion Rovers would have a long 8hr drive to play that highland league team, whatever they are called, they couldn't be arsed doing that so voted against it. 🤷

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Seeing a few comments of taking over Rangers as the most hated team in Scotland...

:pleasing:

We’re not here to make pals.

I hope all these ***** utterly despise us by the time this debacle comes to its conclusion.

:verysmug:

Edited by iantjambo

Kidd’s Boots
19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Neil Doncaster said Gretna got a loan. 

But as you were told that has been disputed by the evidence of their liquidation papers. 

I should consider myself told again!

6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ooooooorrr....

We win our case to play in Prem, no relegation agreed and we intentionally* come bottom for shits and giggles. Play Ann in goals.

(*we're also capable of doing this by mistake)

Ooh I like that. The funny thing is I'm just enjoying watching the whole shitshow going up in flames. Looking forward to watching Hearts again but dont really care for anything else currently.

55 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

There is no action yet and they have nothing to contest yet. Their statement does however state that they have been served papers.

I love the fact that their argument effectively amounts to we deserve to go up because we voted for it!!

See I don’t get that either. Served papers by who and why ? As far as I can see there is zero reason for anyone to serve those clubs papers. I suspect they’ve had a peek at the papers served on the spfl. 

south morroccan
6 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

This just gets better for our case. Secretive moves afoot to cancel promotion for the upcoming season, the reason being cooked up, that it’s because some clubs can’t afford to play a full season. This, on top of trying to dump Hearts and Partick into this quagmire of clubs who have no plan of how or when they might start playing again. Why can’t there be relegation from the Premiership, who plan to play a full programme?

How on earth do the SPFL board, and those clubs of a mind to try something like this, plan to get that past any legal challenge? We would reasonably assume that the Hearts and Thistle legal people will specifically ask for confirmation that promotions will take place, if we end up in our respective lower leagues.
As for the talk of legal action by Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers. Who are they planning on taking this action against? Can’t be Hearts or Thistle. We both voted for reconstruction, which would have provided space for them.

If we win our reinstatements to the Premiership and Championship, respectively, it will need to be against the SPFL and the clubs who voted against reconstruction. That seems to include those 3 clubs. So are they proposing taking legal action against themselves?

Our petition was served on Dundee Utd, Raith and Cove as they will be affected most should it succeed. Therefore they have got lawyered up. They are not taking action against anyone but defending the status quo and will doubtless inform the court of the steps they have taken since 'promotion' and how awful it would be were this to be reversed. We may then ask them individually why didn't you take steps to secure your elevated status by indicating support for reconstruction. 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, David Black said:

This should be getting done by the Scottish Minister for Sport, a certain Joseph Fitzpatrick no less. 

Fairly sure I know what team he’ll support then. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Does any team stand to lose from 14-10-10-10? 

I'd love to know what Sky are thinking about all this and the fact their first payment could go on legal costs and compensation while some teams disappear altogether.

ND needs to force through what's right and leave his position. 

Other than fairly trivial amounts, the 14-10-10-10 model wasn’t punishing anyone.

Theres arguments a 14 team set-up has its drawbacks and there’s also a little bit of a question mark on simply promoting the team in second place automatically when they ordinarily wouldn’t be. 

No real excuse not to, that’s the best people can come up with. That and the fact we should just take our medicine because we were having a shit season anyway.

Raith and Partick swapping leagues despite the fact Raith were only a point clear and Partick 2 begins with a game in hand is massively fair though isn’t it?

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I hope all these ***** utterly despise us by the time this debacle comes to its conclusion.

:lol:

100% mate. 

10 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

It’s a public document, to be served on the walls of court. Anyone can see it.

If it was on a wall it's understandable that it was fans of The Rangers who saw it first. These guys just luuurve guarding walls.

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Best part is, Rangers and Celtic would slit their throats as soon as look at them. Rangers wiped Airdrionians off the face of the planet for a mere £30k. Imagine all the terminal damage the OF will do to them when they think they are their pals. :lol:

All we have done is try and reason with them not to cause us massive material and financial damage, and when that failed, head to court to protect ourselves. They had ample opportunities to stop us going down this road, but all we got was arrogance and vindictiveness.

Tick-tock *********

Tynecastle is going to be such a hate filled, poisonous place once again when football returns. The way it should be. 

:glorious:

hibsarepants
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

See I don’t get that either. Served papers by who and why ? As far as I can see there is zero reason for anyone to serve those clubs papers. I suspect they’ve had a peek at the papers served on the spfl. 

We have to serve papers informing the 3 clubs as they will be affected. They will not get promoted UNLESS of course we restructure the leagues. 

Captain Canada
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yep, Albion Rovers would have a long 8hr drive to play that highland league team, whatever they are called, they couldn't be arsed doing that so voted against it. 🤷

😀 but if the league is mothballed, they have plenty of time to save up! 

1 minute ago, hibsarepants said:

We have to serve papers informing the 3 clubs as they will be affected. They will not get promoted UNLESS of course we restructure the leagues. 

cheers for that, was wondering why stranraer were listed

13 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

They should have the SFA fighting their corner.

Course they should but they won’t. Arseholes. 

Just now, hibsarepants said:

Do we ? Admittedly I’m no lawyer but I can’t see that’s right. 

Captain Canada

Will there be any public criticism of ND over the weekend since he's the one leading this fiasco? 

Everyone wants to kick us and Partick Thistle but if fairness had prevailed from day one, none of this would have happened. 

33 minutes ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

Thanks for posting, some light reading for a Friday!!

Hearts basically saying - SPFL presented a "take it or leave it " to the clubs (re getting the end of season money) when there were options available to do so. Hearst go on  to name specifics. 

In addition , the SPFL kept on banging on about having to change the Articles to make the payments (in order to do so before the end of season completion) BUT  they had to change the competition rules anyway (ie season didn't finish , so the Board had to decide).

So, if they could change the competition rules, why couldn't they change the articles instead.

And then this...

"Equally, in the event that the Season did ultimately have to end because of the Covid-19 crisis, it did not follow that Rules required to be changed to treat the Season as having been completed, for the purposes of promotion and relegation. 16 All of that ought to have been explained fairly and clearly by the Directors. It was not. The Directors’ failure to so explain matters to Members constituted a breach of their duty to provide sufficient information to allow Members to make properly informed decisions when voting on the Written

I'm only at p15. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

Some points

We are raising orders under the 2006 Companies Act - sections 994 and 996 

We refer to the promoted teams and Stranraer as parties affected. 

On p5/6 we talk about how relegation happens after 38 games. 

Then set out the Resolution which decided league positions as at 13 March. 

2 minutes ago, Jambo314 said:

£10 million + 8%  ☺️

When does the 8% kick in.

Court award in our favour, or from Monday?

Latter is hoping of course but no doubt no merit.

David McCaig
31 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I was done after reading the first page ☺️

Is my link working?

manaliveits105
2 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Will there be any public criticism of ND over the weekend since he's the one leading this fiasco? 

Everyone wants to kick us and Partick Thistle but if fairness had prevailed from day one, none of this would have happened. 

I would imagine Dick Gordon will congratulate Neil on his appointment to UEFA board courtesy of Peter

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Genuinely interested in who Dundee Utd and co think they will take action against. If Hearts and Thistle lose - well no problem for them. If we win, that means the original decision was not fair or legal or whatever. Will they then argue to reverse an unfair or illegal decision?

And who will they argue against in that case? The SPFL that put forward a reconstruction proposal that they voted against for selfish reasons? 

They really haven't thought this through.

I think they’ll have thought it through. The SPFL are looking at being spitroasted. 

7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

If we shouldn't be relegated as the league wasn't finished ergo reconstruction only allows teams to be promoted.

Edited by DETTY29

3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

When does the 8% kick in.

Court award in our favour, or from Monday?

Latter is hoping of course but no doubt no merit.

with interest thereon at the rate of 8% a year from the date of the first order in this petition until payment; (vi) to find the petitioners entitled to the expenses of this petition and the procedure to follow hereon from the Company and any other respondent opposing this petition on a joint and several basis; (vii) and to decern; or to do further or otherwise in the premises as to your Lordships shall seem proper. ACCORDING TO JUSTICE ETC.

Rick Sanchez
13 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

Read the second sentence of the circled paragraph from SPFL's articles. 

Easy win.

Screenshot_20200619-190013_WhatsApp.jpg

tenor (5).gif

Percival King

Doncaster or Maxwell (or some neutral arbiter) need to get the board and all the clubs in a Zoom room tomorrow, stay there the whole weekend and get this unholy mess sorted. Upping the ante, raising the temperature and throwing threats and accusations about in the press isn't going to lead to a good outcome. Whilst Ann Budge has been telling clubs for weeks she would invoke legal action, I'm sure there are loads of clubs didn't foresee 7 days ago the situation we are now in. Hopefully the reality of the last few days has shaken folk and the prospect of where this is heading can elicit a change of mindset, some leadership, some goodwill, a bit of understanding and empathy, a conciliatory rather than confrontational approach and no finger pointing. This situation is still recoverable without financial meltdown and with minimal suffering on clubs, just on egos. Finally recognise the uniqueness of the current situation, look forward rather than backwards, do what they need to do, reconstruct leagues, agree how to manage the Kelty and Brora situation, drop all legal actions, clubs get their championships and promotions, nobody's relegated, some pride gets swallowed, put out a joint PR statement with lots of positive language and spin, cease issuing confrontational statements and move on, albeit with many bridges requiring to be rebuilt. Would be good, meanwhile back in Scottish football mayhem and chaos eill mo doubt continue.........

The Resolution had advice from QC that completing fixtures would have meant new season starting mid September. 

Strange they didn’t go for that. 

They say final payments could not have been made till August. 

Edited by Mikey1874

7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

It is right. The current position is they get promoted. If the court agrees with us, they don't. Therefore, the papers had to be served on them.

Gordon Ramsay
50 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Ill try some avenues too but key areas appear to be:-

Essentially three grounds .....

1. Materially inaccurate representation provided by the Directors to clubs as the basis for the Good Friday vote.

"The Directors’ failure to so explain matters to Members constituted a breach of their duty to provide sufficient information to allow Members to make properly informed decisions when voting on the Written Resolution"

2. Under the rules, the original Dundee vote should have stood.

"In any event, in terms of article 185 of the Articles, it was deemed to have been delivered when it was sent. The Dundee Rejection Vote was executed and had effect when it was sent at 4.48pm on 10 April 2020."

3. "That the affairs of the Company have been and are being conducted in the circumstances set out above in a manner that is unfairly prejudicial to the interests of Members, including the petitioners."

Been saying it all along. Dundee vote should have stood. Get us back in that league and rip the title off those paedos.

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

They were constantly warned that legal action would take place if no resolve could happen.  To then hedonistically celebrate a questionably deserved title, then equally spend money what wasn't theirs rightfully earned is not our problem.  Their issue is they are pig-headed and self serving, with exceptions to Cove albeit Dundee Utd to a limit.

I am sure certain teams could have been caught if the leagues had finished legally.  There's been more harm than good from the relegation point of view.

Do I care about Raiths complaints?  No.

22games nro
16 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

yep that’s the money shot 

6B4AA893-AFFB-43B0-800E-09F7F420054D.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

Easy win.

Screenshot_20200619-190013_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20200619-192220_Samsung Internet.jpg

My worry is the spfl will say that they would have carried out the executive decision if the Dundee vote has been counted as a no

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Been saying it all along. Dundee vote should have stood. Get us back in that league and rip the title off those paedos.

🤣👍

5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Who made the decision not to have promotion into League 2 ?

Definitely not Brechin, no way José.

:look:

Just now, DETTY29 said:

Can you take that nonsense somewhere else.

This is Jambos against (virtually) all of Scottish football. 

Ditto

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )