SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Clerry Jambo

Goalkeeper Vaclav Hladky leaves St Mirren along with forward Oan Djorkaeff. Also going are Stephen McGinn, Danny Mullen, Gary MacKenzie, Ross Wallace, Tony Andreu and Cody Cooke. They will be retained on the furlough scheme before moving on. Ryan Flynn in talks about a new deal.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

WorldChampions1902
Just now, Hungry hippo said:

If the clubs were misled on the TV money issue this could be massive.

They were. And it is.

4 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

This could be a Netflix documentary series. More twists than the Tiger King. The thing is, people are starting to forget the mad things that happened at the start, not least the Dundee vote scandal, that alone should have cost Doncaster his job. 

Posted something along those lines this morning.  The whole narrative has been slowly switched to - hearts holding everybody back. 

40 minutes ago, MCJamTart said:

I know it has been officially declared that SPL season has ended and Celtic are champions and Hearts " relegated" but I was still shocked to see this new Championship status confirmed on Wikipedia.

Is it time to accept this? 

You are well below average intelligence, even for a Hibs fan. 

Pasquale for King

It’s a shame Anderson didn’t stipulate that Doncaster and MacLennan be sacked, they’d be out the door by the end of the week.

Jingle Bells
1 hour ago, OTT said:

I'm left pretty puzzled by it too. 

Ann has tried to take the high road with these gutter dwelling *******s every step of the way and they have stabbed her in the back at every turn. There is zero reason at all to think this act of altruism is going to change that mindset. Actually, by removing the financial burden of Covid tests you do nothing to incentive their position. Doncaster may be an utter weasel of a man, but he knew from the outset that if you don't attach a financial benefit to voting a certain way then quite simply nothing will be achieved. 

However, I wonder if Mr Anderson is considering a league sponsorship type deal contingent on reconstruction? That would offer the necessary incentive to vote through recon as many of the diddy clubs have referenced 'nothing being in it for us', obviously that would then mean something is in it for them. Given the complete lack of finance in Scottish football, any amount to sponsor the lower leagues specifically wouldn't require a vast amount of money (relatively speaking of course, which is easy to say since its not my money!!). I don't know how deep his pockets are, but it sounds like he is an incredibly wealthy man who does have the resources and connections to do something like this. To put it simply, £1m spent on sponsoring the championship down is better than the £3m+ we stand to lose as a result of reconstruction failing. 

Like I say, I'm confused on what Ann's angle involving Anderson is in this. Does she think this will create some moral obligation the clubs will feel to soften their stance against reconstruction? Because I'll go back to my original point, these men are gutter dwelling rodents devoid of a moral compass. They will take the money gleefully and harden their stance further. 

Just a final point - Shame on the Oldfirm. Its taken a benefactor associated with a non-OF club to step up and try and save these smaller clubs from going bust. We constantly hear about all of Celtics famous celebrity fans - Rod Stewart, etc. and yet, its someone who has by the looks of things very little interest in football to actually step in and do what needs to be done. Fair play to James Anderson, he's doing something fantastic, but he shouldn't be in a position where he feels he has to. There are many wealthy stakeholders of the game attached to the OF who could and should have stepped up. Considering these two clubs are Scotlands biggest with resources that dwarf the rest of us, I can't help but feel it should be them stepping up. 

They want the smaller Clubs killed off, so tthat they get a bigger share of the SPFL  TV prize money.

Edited by Jingle Bells
error

6 minutes ago, Zico said:

Aye, the daft ***** was diplomatic as always. Scotsman opinion piece on it here.

Thanks for sharing.  

Typical idiocy by Doncaster. 

Ex member of the SaS
24 minutes ago, tian447 said:

:vrface:

He is an absolute clown in every way, shape and form.  He doesn't just burn his bridges, he vaporises them.

Imagine you worked at a car dealership, and any time someone came in to have a look at a car, you talked it down, made comments about how poor it was, and told them how all the other car dealerships around offered better products.  Then, when someone finally does put up with your shit for long enough to make a purchase, you tell them the other customers were far better.  You'd last less than a full shift, yet this is what he spends most of his time doing - and he gets paid nearly £400,000 a year to do so!

Is this not pretty much what Gerald Ratner did and see how his jewelry stores did afterwards.

13 minutes ago, kila said:

So for Celtic to claim their title, it's cost the rest of us £6.5m? Otherwise this would still be up for debate and finishing the season a possibility.

This needs to get taken to court, SPFL and Doncaster clearly not acting in the interest of ALL clubs.

I’m not sure any of this has came from a legitimate source. Apart from nothing confirmed about refunds £5m seems a lot due to BT For so few games left. 

There seems to be a general assumption that Budge brought Anderson to the table here.  Do we know that?

Is there not a chance he wants to do this off his own back?  What's Ann to do, talk him out of it and possibly sour relations with Hearts and JA?

Just shitting into the wind here.

It could be a weird move from AB, it could be a masterstroke from AB - we don't know yet.  But the third option is its just a guy who want to help and can.  If it's option three there then unfortunately he's helping our enemies.  So be it, he's doing well by us way more.

One thing I know is no matter what, we're going to be fine.   I just want justice.

Rick Sanchez

None of this sits right with me at all.

We have been demoted/expelled by Neil Doncaster and the chairmen of all other clubs (excluding a few). We have been laughed at by all other fan bases, ex players and pundits. 

Our club has been unfairly treated, stand to lose the most money, yet Ann Budge has to spend all of her time looking into reconstruction (which was never going to happen) and doing the job that Doncaster is paid handsomely to do.

So our benefactor is now saving Neil Doncaster, who has done nothing but damage our game to look after Celtic and bailing him and all of these scumbags out?

You could easily pick a quote out from every team sticking the boot into Hearts and now he's going to give a helping hand to these tossers? Dundee, Hamilton, St Mirren, Ayr? 🤢

I'm sorry, but none of these parasites deserve a penny. He should let them struggle and die, then look after Partick and Stranraer. 

Sorry, I'm absolutely fuming that Hearts and an associated benefactor are trying to save Scottish Football when our club has had boot after boot laid into it.

The Mighty Thor
19 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Goalkeeper Vaclav Hladky leaves St Mirren along with forward Oan Djorkaeff. Also going are Stephen McGinn, Danny Mullen, Gary MacKenzie, Ross Wallace, Tony Andreu and Cody Cooke. They will be retained on the furlough scheme before moving on. Ryan Flynn in talks about a new deal.

Leaves them with 12 players registered. 

Captain Canada
27 minutes ago, kila said:

So for Celtic to claim their title, it's cost the rest of us £6.5m? Otherwise this would still be up for debate and finishing the season a possibility.

This needs to get taken to court, SPFL and Doncaster clearly not acting in the interest of ALL clubs.

At the bottom of that tweet it says it's £1.5m in total so £300k per season for the next 5. 

Still shouldn't be happening at all though. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Sky end up sponsoring the league too. 

Edited by Captain Canada

Dear SPFL we want our £5 million compensation paid in a single payment not over 5 years. 

Edited by EIEIO
Spelling

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

None of this sits right with me at all.

We have been demoted/expelled by Neil Doncaster and the chairmen of all other clubs (excluding a few). We have been laughed at by all other fan bases, ex players and pundits. 

Our club has been unfairly treated, stand to lose the most money, yet Ann Budge has to spend all of her time looking into reconstruction (which was never going to happen) and doing the job that Doncaster is paid handsomely to do.

So our benefactor is now saving Neil Doncaster, who has done nothing but damage our game to look after Celtic and bailing him and all of these scumbags out?

You could easily pick a quote out from every team sticking the boot into Hearts and now he's going to give a helping hand to these tossers? Dundee, Hamilton, St Mirren, Ayr? 🤢

I'm sorry, but none of these parasites deserve a penny. He should let them struggle and die, then look after Partick and Stranraer. 

Sorry, I'm absolutely fuming that Hearts and an associated benefactor are trying to save Scottish Football when our club has had boot after boot laid into it.

Yeah it’s a bit galling to be honest and might well stop us from being asked to go back up into the top league if a club had went bust. 

6 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I said before, the line "you wouldn't care if it was Hamilton or St Mirren bottom..." is a straw man argument. By pondering a hypothetical that cant be proven, people think that means they can wash their hands of it. But there is serious implications in this that someone just dont want to consider because of the problems it shows in Scottish football.

I think there is a mix of why people are sprouting this nonsense, you have Hibs and Celtic fans wanting to see us suffer for obvious reasons, you have fans of smaller clubs who see it as a big club trying to cheat the system that they feel they would not be able to do had they been in our position, then you have fans of smaller clubs who see us as a psudo old firm so as the old firm are not going to get brought down a peg then we are the next best thing. I found a few twitter accounts who normally post decent stuff and fair minded anylsis of Scottish football really lay into us during this. I think its easier having a punching bag then tackling uncomfortable flaws in Scottish football.

In fact, I get the sense from a lot of non-Hearts fans, that they rather see us and Scottish football burn then do something that will benefit Scottish football and as a consequence us.

Spot On JIG and incredibly sad

23 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Captain and best players in there magic stuff we will see them on the way down. 

Premier league is going to be great viewing next season naaat

No wonder sky want us back.

Edited by Rods

Captain Canada
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Leaves them with 12 players registered. 

So the top flight is pushing for a return to training on June 11th and meanwhile all the clubs are freeing as many players as they can with no money to sign replacements? 

44 minutes ago, redjambo said:

My advice to James Anderson would be to deal with the clubs directly, not through the SPFL.

I would certainly agree with that. It could be done by getting the clubs to send in the invoice for testing and it would be paid on their behalf. It could easily be done by a new branch of the Baillie Gifford organisation.

1 hour ago, MCJamTart said:

I know it has been officially declared that SPL season has ended and Celtic are champions and Hearts " relegated" but I was still shocked to see this new Championship status confirmed on Wikipedia.

Is it time to accept this? 

Well obviously if it's on Wikipedia we should.

:facepalm:

6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Utter shite !

And that was just your opening line :whistling:

johnthomas
46 minutes ago, tian447 said:

His application form was, shall we say, rather uncouth :lol:

I'll start it

Name : ****all to do with you speccy !

We're seeing a few of the absolute trash of the Premiership effectively turning Scotland's top division into a tartan version of the English National League by hugely diminishing the overall talent pool.    All the while after clubbing together to kick out a club that can afford to maintain itself at it's previous standard.    A club that can guarantee it's sustainability as a going concern with it's tens of thousands of supporters and virtually unique secondary and tertiary income sources (Foundation and benefactor).     

Dreadful.

jock _turd
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's hurt to see them have such an easy time of it so they can kid themselves they're the real 3rd force (whatever that's worth). That's another area where natural order needs to be returned to asap, with us above them most years.

Never mind that shite I have just watched some rot on a Scotsman page saying that our average is ~ 14.9k and Hibs is ... wait for it 17.3k ... where the F'k are they getting these figure from ?

10 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

So the top flight is pushing for a return to training on June 11th and meanwhile all the clubs are freeing as many players as they can with no money to sign replacements? 

And then  along comes JA to help them out, looking more an more like Ann is continuing to shoot us on the foot .

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Would have thought his suggestion for the next Hearts manager back in 2019 would have raised suspicions. 🙄

****ing hell. 

Mods too busy cleaning CL oot threads at that time. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, ramrod said:

And then  along comes JA to help them out, looking more an more like Ann is continuing to shoot us on the foot .

Aye, that's right. 

Ffs, folk can't be that stupid? 

16 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Christ man when I mentioned your vastly superior intellect.....I was being SARCASTIC!

Look I voiced an opinion, you know it's a fans forum and all that. and guess what, people have differing views. Now I read lots of stuff on here and don't vilify, or insult the author simply because I might not agree with their point of view.

Not you though...you made a derogatory statement at the start of my comments. Now you could either have ignored my comments (not likely as you already have 18,000+), or you could have put up a counter argument without the snide comment (Still with me at this point?) .

Now it's quite clear you spend a lot of time on Kickback, and it's also clear that you see yourself as some kind of go to authority on all matters Hearts. You probably see yourself as a modern day philosopher in the style of Nussbaum, or Nagel.....However I'll go a wee bit further back I see you more as a Kant!

Now dinnae bother replying to me I've only just hit 300 posts and I'm no used to all this banter.......Furthermore, I'll no reply to you anyway I've made my point! 

And finally, ignore any of my posts after this one.......TA.....Hashi     

Sorry but I will reply if I want to

I mean it was so hard to work out your sarcasm..too hard for me it seems  🙈

Imagine you have been posting for over a decade and some newbie comes on to give you abuse because of the number of posts..never dawn on you that be in part due to the length of time ?

Still a pity that a quality post such as this will not be seen by you

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, that's right. 

Nobody knows the exact offer on the table tbf , I'm just not convinced as yet that Ann is playing this as  well as some on here think  . She has previous in monumental **** ups so I'm not to confident, but still hopeful . 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Remember Doncaster saying we’d have to refund tv money if the league was called as null and void.

So he is telling porkies.....

This £1.5m is a reduced negotiated amount Sky are due.

According to Brian McLaughlin, the lack of the remaining two OF games was c. £1.5m amount in the contract alone.

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

That’s his stock and trade. How he is still in post is one of life’s complete mysteries.

Kirky Jambo
48 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I thought I read that use of the furlough scheme in this way was open to some sort of clawback or HMRC challenge. Roy McGregor and also Dunfermline seemed to think so anyway.

Id also assume that nobody on furlough at any club is permitted to resume training.

2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I think so but questions need to be asked. The resolution presented was a rush job and clubs were misled at least. 

jack D and coke
5 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

EA6AEB78-86CC-4881-A663-BFCC75DDA173.jpeg

Tanner is another Celtic loving tramp. A shiteier presenter I’ve yet to lay eyes on. 

Captain Canada
19 minutes ago, ramrod said:

It will be interesting to see what his support is in terms of the amount of money and range of help it can provide. 

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, that's right. 

So, what's your take?

Btw, I refuse to believe for a second Ann's shooting us in the foot. I'm struggling to find an angle though.

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, that's right. 

So, what's your take?

Btw, I refuse to believe for a second Ann's shooting us in the foot. I'm struggling to find an angle though.

Guess The Crowd
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Tanner is another Celtic loving tramp. A shiteier presenter I’ve yet to lay eyes on. 

He’s been perfectly supportive of Hearts over this 

54 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

There seems to be a general assumption that Budge brought Anderson to the table here.  Do we know that?

Is there not a chance he wants to do this off his own back?  What's Ann to do, talk him out of it and possibly sour relations with Hearts and JA?

Just shitting into the wind here.

It could be a weird move from AB, it could be a masterstroke from AB - we don't know yet.  But the third option is its just a guy who want to help and can.  If it's option three there then unfortunately he's helping our enemies.  So be it, he's doing well by us way more.

One thing I know is no matter what, we're going to be fine.   I just want justice.

I think he would have approached the SPFL Board himself, in that scenario. I think he got involved in Scottish Football because he liked what Budge was doing at Hearts.

periodictabledancer
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Given JA is a close friend of Ann I still can’t get my head around him doing something which undermines hearts and Ann. There must be pieces we can’t see 

Why do people think it undermines AB ? IF this money enables clubs to complete a season by paying the test costs for each club then  it's a belter because the clubs will have be to ready in all divisions for a full season - they won't have  unaffordable testing costs as  an excuse for not starting the season.  If there's not going to be recon and Hearts are stuck in the Championship with no one to play just because the clubs now insists there's no money to pay players - how will that sound in court ? If that's a problem forthe clubs , they can undo the damage they caused by putting Hearts BACK into the top division. Obviusly that's going to be a problem for Doncaster as he and the Board advised the clubs to take this route.

This guy has put millions into Hearts and I don't think he'd do anything that would weaken Hearts case for recon or damage his relationship with AB. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, JyTees said:

So, what's your take?

My take is that this type of action - 

Makes a mockery of the folk that are saying Hearts and she is selfish and only cares about Hearts. 

Sticks two fingers up to them, greatly timed as well as the media and pundits jumped on this horse, then she comes along with this. 

As I said, she's playing chess and is at least one move ahead. 

In a courtroom, once it gets to the nitty gritty, we can prove that we are interested in the bigger picture and not just Hearts-mainly imo around the duty of care to all members part. 

Can any other member or club say that, and evidence that?

It may also just be a polite bribe. 

Either way she's not shooting anyone in the foot. 

12 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Always thought he was a hun, claims his son is a Jambo, at a dinner I was at probably Hearts Shareholders Association one.

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Nobody knows the exact offer on the table tbf , I'm just not convinced as yet that Ann is playing this as  well as some on here think  . She has previous in monumental **** ups so I'm not to confident, but still hopeful . 

She's not shooting herself in the foot tho Ffs. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

She's not shooting herself in the foot tho Ffs. 

I said us ,but I take your point and respect it . 

8 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Always thought he was a hun, claims his son is a Jambo, at a dinner I was at probably Hearts Shareholders Association one.

I thought he was a Jambo! Shows what I know. :lol:

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

It just cannot be too much for Doncaster to ask all 42 clubs for commitment who can play BCD in August?  Then JA can give assistance to all to pay for the testing, for those that want/need it.  Remember we can play 2 or 3 game at the same time at Oriam, so clubs can use that?  we could probably have 9 games in one day? 18 over a weekend, with stagered times and all on the TV, there is no need to use most venues, Its not after all about the crowds. 

I think he's shit scared to get the answer (assuming the shitebag chairmen's answers approach honesty) as that would definitely mean recon. This way he get's to kick the can down the road until his tim masters get their fixtures and as for everyone outside the top league? Tough ****ing luck. Court is the way for us to shaft this twat. 

highlandjambo3

Interested to see the negative slant on the news tonight (if any).  If there is good news nowt will be aired but, anything to stick the boot in will get a shout.

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Wonderful - the top clubs and the gruesome twosome in particular take a beating. This will have a negligible impact on  premiership clubs. 

I am a long standing   female Hearts fan and I have every right to make comments on this forum.

I believe Hearts need to face reality of life in the Championship. SPL fixtures will be published soon(Celtic have already requested this) and we have to realise Hearts will not be on that list. I was very disappointed with the team last season and had wanted Craig Levein to leave after the Scottish Cup Final. 

If some people here  have nothing constructive to say then please just ignore my posts. There is no need to attack Hearts fans. Thank you.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )