SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

ardenjambo
8 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

A few quick q's, if you please...

Does James Anderson attend matches, out of interest? Would like to think he is a PHM , rather than , say a philanthropist who supports what the club does on a wider basis ie community projects etc. Not that it matters per se.

Is it he who is responsible for the STC sponsorship?

With Ann Budge handing over to FOH in the not too distant future might we see JA in a more direct hands on role with us. Possible CEO or non exec role? Bit of a coup maybe.

Thinking out loud here.

You'll see him in the directors box at home games, a quick Google image search of Hearts directors box will show you that. I don't think he's a Hearts fan though, just a very rich successful guy wanting to give something back, obviously sees us and our initiatives as a worthy cause.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Fozzyonthefence
23 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’m still confident reconstruction will happen One way or another. I also still feel there’s a few twists still to come. I spoke at length today with my source to get the latest feelings and there was some good and bad points. The bringing out the benefactor was strategic move.

Strange that Doncaster wants to move quickly on a move with JA when financial aid is promised but he can drag his heels on everything else though 

I’m really struggling to see how the benefactor thing is a positive in regards of hopes of reconstruction.  Everyone will just see this as a bribe and it doesn’t sit right with me at all, and I reckon certain clubs with the Keith Jackson mentality, will be even more determined to vote against. These clubs will be laughing at us even more - voting to stop reconstruction and picking up money from one of our mystery (no longer a mystery) benefactors at the same time. This is an early Christmas for the Peterhead’s, Hibs, etc that want to harm us. 

I’d rather we just sue them and cause absolute carnage then make sure we come up at the first time of asking.  

Felix Lighter

Thanks Nookie , up til today I'd never heard of JA , so just wondering what makes him tick.

My cousin works for him down Leith Street , she is a lapsed Jambo , so maybe fire off text, see if she has any info. 

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Re your question as to whether he attends games, I assume he does as the only condition he has ever attached to the money given to us is relaxing the “tie required” rule in the lounges. 

Source?

Detrimental move IMO. Standards dear boy, standards!

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

beyond belief that doncaster is trying to credit here lol

Absolute nap the ******* would try something like this.  Sleekit doesn't really begin to describe that twat. 

Felix Lighter
4 minutes ago, ardenjambo said:

You'll see him in the directors box at home games, a quick Google image search of Hearts directors box will show you that. I don't think he's a Hearts fan though, just a very rich successful guy wanting to give something back, obviously sees us and our initiatives as a worthy cause.

Thanks for the reply aj. I imagine like most , if he's a regular attender at games the club will have grown on him somewhat. Maybe not quite a Proper Hearts Man, yet , more a Philanthropic Hearts Man, ha good enough for me.

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m really struggling to see how the benefactor thing is a positive in regards of hopes of reconstruction.  Everyone will just see this as a bribe and it doesn’t sit right with me at all, and I reckon certain clubs with the Keith Jackson mentality, will be even more determined to vote against. These clubs will be laughing at us even more - voting to stop reconstruction and picking up money from one of our mystery (no longer a mystery) benefactors at the same time. This is an early Christmas for the Peterhead’s, Hibs, etc that want to harm us. 

I’d rather we just sue them and cause absolute carnage then make sure we come up at the first time of asking.  

I'm not sure that's right. Seems to me that we now have a situation where if clubs continue to behave like a bunch of morons, our court action is strengthened still further.

While I am certain that the vast majority of clubs are run by morons, there are a handful of people in positions of authority who will be able to see what the end game is here.

I remain hopeful that this does end up in court, but still believe that reconstruction will stop that at the 11th hour.

Gordon Ramsay
23 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Thanks for the update, what strategic benefit do you feel the benefactor gives us.

In my view it seems to have completely stymied the momentum for reconstruction.

I'm baffled as to how this can be considered a strategic move. 

Seem to be shooting ourselves in the foot here. 

Drumelzier

I thought there was going to be SPL discussions today regarding Ann's proposal or has that been put on the back burner 

now that James Anderson's money is glinting in their eyes.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
41 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Based on what has been said, it appears that Mr Anderson is a Hearts fan. This is evident in his history of investment. This offer will not have been suggested without considerable discussion with Ms Budge, who will no doubt have enlightened him of who is saying and doing what behind the scenes in Scottish football. It appears that we now have the 'powers that be' circling around the bait. This offer has not have come out of thin air; I would be gobsmacked if there is not a reason for it which ultimately will be to Hearts benefit.  

"His only request that no ties should be worn in the boardroom "

Its Jimbo the Jambo alright 

Daydream Believer
3 minutes ago, Drumelzier said:

I thought there was going to be SPL discussions today regarding Ann's proposal or has that been put on the back burner 

now that James Anderson's money is glinting in their eyes.

There was and I expected to hear negative press on it by now.

Maybe no news is good news.

14 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Come on think about it....she would not have announced it without him knowing about it and she did not name him

So I'll trust her a lot more than your fake disappointment..and your nonsense about Celtic is just that nonsense

You assume too much....Nothing fake about my disappointment....Trust me!.........Can you enlighten me now that Doncaster has effectively got his hands on the cash how's it's going to be distributed?
PS......Try and respect other viewpoints, I know it must be difficult for someone like you with a vastly superior intellect.....   

39 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Self interest alert!

Thought I could sneak it in with nobody noticing :lol: 

Ach, our boys need a game too.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

That’s where I’m at.  JA perhaps wanted to help these clubs anyway, in which case he was just going to do it, irrespective of AB’s thoughts. However, as with the reconstruction talks, this is something else I believe AB should not have got involved in and simply left it to others to get on with and remove any doubts of conflict of interest, self interest, bribes, etc. Our enemies are getting far too much amunition to use against us, rightly or wrongly.

Captain Canada

This is an interesting article from last August about finding a new sponsor the the league. 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/scottish-premiership/latest-premiership-news/spfl-begin-search-new-sponsorship-20202021-after-ladbrokes-announce-they-wont-renew-partnership-1410505

Surely ND is accountable to the clubs? I know the current circumstances will have made it extremely difficult but he did have quite a bit of time before then to get an agreement in place. 

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Wearing a tie although a suspicion of a greenish tint perhaps?

I had a green car once. These things happen. 🙄

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The Gillett story leaked last week as a foreword to the main character emerging?

Am I getting ahead of myself or do we know our future partners with FoH

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Daydream Believer said:

There was and I expected to hear negative press on it by now.

Maybe no news is good news.

More likely just delayed.  Doncaster’s begging bowl is more important.

jack D and coke

I have to admit this news of James Anderson help for the other clubs spells the end for us imo. I just can’t see how this will benefit us at all. 
Very grateful to the guy in any case but this surely can’t work in our favour. 

I hope I’m wrong. 

Footballfirst
12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Source?

Detrimental move IMO. Standards dear boy, standards!

AB herself said it at an AGM when asked about the donations.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, communist said:

I had a green car once. These things happen. 🙄

Not to me they don't!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Nothing personal Gogs, but reckon the guy knows what he is doing. 

As he did when he invested in the  "overpriced " stand.

J.T.F.Robertson
8 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Thanks for the reply aj. I imagine like most , if he's a regular attender at games the club will have grown on him somewhat. Maybe not quite a Proper Hearts Man, yet , more a Philanthropic Hearts Man, ha good enough for me.

If he doesn't have Hearts' leanings (at the very least) I'd be surprised.

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Wearing a tie although a suspicion of a greenish tint perhaps?

It looks blue to me.

John Findlay

I maybe in a minority of one here but, I have always believed that Ann Budge has been playing the long game.

To those that believe this lady is an idiot, you could not be further from the truth.

This lady has a brain as sharp as anyone's. She is nobody's fool.

I believe she has been planning this long before the original resolution was voted on as she had wind of it beforehand.

Every move she has made since the 10th of April has been planned and the strategy agreed well in advance.

I have never had any doubt that the next time Heart of Midlothian football team play a league game it will be in the top tier of Scottish football.

I believe there will be one condition behind the monies from the philanthropist(s), and that is that Neil Doncaster will be out a job soon.

40 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Could probably arrange a game against the Shetland county squad!

I heard the manager was a bit of a Jambo. Divided loyalties, maybe :lol: 

PS - I've no hung up the boots yet :lol:

David McCaig

Can’t doubt James Anderson’s Jambo credentials as he’s been undercover as Andy the kit man for years now!!

93BC2984-BCA1-430F-AE25-D26702964D86.jpeg

845F64AE-6950-42A9-8D57-8FAD5030C357.jpeg

Felix Lighter
2 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

If he doesn't have Hearts' leanings (at the very least) I'd be surprised.

Yeah just read the Edinburgh Live article. He seems a proper good egg, and the article confirmed the question I asked re STC. Very impressive. 

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Can’t doubt James Anderson’s Jambo credentials as he’s been undercover as Andy the kit man for years now!!

Good spot. 

3 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

One glaring omission from the SPFL statement today.

"And we thank Ann Budge for doing our jobs for us." 

Any thank you would have done, but would just highlight the poor job the SPFL have done.

annushorribilis III
9 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

:rofl:😄

Imagine if that was true. 

Smoked-Glass
12 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I maybe in a minority of one here but, I have always believed that Ann Budge has been playing the long game.

To those that believe this lady is an idiot, you could not be further from the truth.

This lady has a brain as sharp as anyone's. She is nobody's fool.

I believe she has been planning this long before the original resolution was voted on as she had wind of it beforehand.

Every move she has made since the 10th of April has been planned and the strategy agreed well in advance.

I have never had any doubt that the next time Heart of Midlothian football team play a league game it will be in the top tier of Scottish football.

I believe there will be one condition behind the monies from the philanthropist(s), and that is that Neil Doncaster will be out a job soon.

Am with u

annushorribilis III

Anyone got an update on how much of his £750m fortune Tommy Farmer is splashing on Hubz ?

I wonder if the SPFL's legal advice is that a) we would have a good case for an interim interdict (which could delay the start to next season, and thus the next payment from Sky) and b) even if after a re-vote were required and we were relegated, we would have a good case for significant compensation on the grounds mentioned several times previously (restraint of trade etc).

Now in scenario a) the deferment of any sponsorship money would be a major blow to many clubs clearly living on the edge. Many would simply not survive - they are already gasping for air.

Scenario b) could be even worse if the compensation is a joint and several liability of the clubs who inter alia voted us down. (If it is an SPFL liability, then clearly it can only come out of sponsorship money which would effectively be paid by the clubs' in proportion to their prize money. Celtic won't like that one bit! - They have already indicated that they feel they should only pay 1/41st of any compensation payments.) But if it's the clubs themselves who have to pay, it could be disastrous for many of them. I'm not sure if everyone understands joint and several as opposed to joint liability. Essentially joint liability is everyone is due to pay their share, so if we are awarded £3.5m from 35 clubs, each pays £100k. Those that can't pay go to the wall and we are out of pocket, but the others are fine. However, if it's joint and several, the shortfall from round one is put back in the pot so to speak and divided again amongst those who were able to pay in full in the first round, and so on. So a club could scrape through round 1 but be brought down by round 2 or 3. This could see dozens of clubs go out of business in weeks. And the last men standing bear the brunt of the costs (I would assume Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs and perhaps Dundee Utd - assuming we didn't sue Rangers, ICT and Partick.)  I believe, by the way, that you have to take it to the end game (ie bankrupt the debtor) to move into subsequent rounds - you can't "let them off".

Karma can hurt!. This might get very interesting............ Still think that, if advised of all of this, the clubs will definitely vote against reconstruction?

henryheart
45 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

A few quick q's, if you please...

Does James Anderson attend matches, out of interest? Would like to think he is a PHM , rather than , say a philanthropist who supports what the club does on a wider basis ie community projects etc. Not that it matters per se.

Is it he who is responsible for the STC sponsorship?

With Ann Budge handing over to FOH in the not too distant future might we see JA in a more direct hands on role with us. Possible CEO or non exec role? Bit of a coup maybe.

Thinking out loud here.

I am friendly with someone who knows him and when the discussion is football he is a Hearts suppporter. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I can’t see the strategic benefit to Hearts here

I can’t see the actual benefit to Hearts here

I think the timing sucks - teams will focus on money like junkies on heroin rather than anything else like reconstruction.

It just baffles me.

I’m not exactly the top Mensa guy in the world but I simply can’t work any of this out as to how it benefits us in any way whatsoever.

Its even potentially giving them a fighting fund against our court action FFS

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

It looks blue to me.

The slight contrast with the blue suit suggested a hint of green to me. But you know I wasn't being serious?

Of course he deserves to call the shots on trivia like this if he has pumped in millions but I can still regret that at least the top level of hospitality hasn't a proper dress code. Sorry off topic I know.

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Why do you believe that, assuming he’s a man you know very little, if anything about? And from what we know of Doncaster I doubt that there is the remotest chance he would do the honourable thing.  Not sure ND would be describing the talks as “positive” if that was the case.

With FOUR independent QCs saying we have a case re the voting debacle I have complete faith in us winning the case.  I haven't  heard any QC being rolled out by the other side to say otherwise.  Bring it on Ann, you know you want to.

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think the timing sucks - teams will focus on money like junkies on heroin rather than anything else like reconstruction.

It just baffles me.

I’m not exactly the top Mensa guy in the world but I simply can’t work any of this out as to how it benefits us in any way whatsoever.

It may simply be that the guy sees the whole of Scottish football as a worthy cause and not just us. It might equally be that there is a big play happening in the background. Be interesting to see how it pans out. 

Felix Lighter
5 minutes ago, henryheart said:

I am friendly with someone who knows him and when the discussion is football he is a Hearts suppporter. 

:thumbsup: Good to hear.

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It just baffles me.

It does feel like a very odd move.

Indirectly feels like we’ve give up on reconstruction and trying to ensure a standard season takes place in the second tier.

41 minutes ago, communist said:

Anyone believing reconstruction has anything more than the slimmest of chances is delusional. 

Won't happen. Not enough willpower from the clubs to make it happen. 

It’s much more that it cannot happen!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, everton_jambo said:

I’d imagine we are beyond the stage of assessing the likelihood of success. Ann has already said we have two QC opinions I think.

Yeah,  but we don't think we  know what chances they think we have, we do know they think there is a legal case to take forward. I guess the future will tell if it goes forward or not if need be!

You know what, weirdly I hope the reconstruction fails and then we go legal. It's a totally selfish attitude from me but I am sick and tired of all the pissing about, our name HMFC getting dragged through the media sh*t.....we should man the battlements and take these feckers head on. Ach I'm probably spouting pish but I really want this done.HHGH!!

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’m still confident reconstruction will happen One way or another. I also still feel there’s a few twists still to come. I spoke at length today with my source to get the latest feelings and there was some good and bad points. The bringing out the benefactor was strategic move.

Strange that Doncaster wants to move quickly on a move with JA when financial aid is promised but he can drag his heels on everything else though 

Surely the JA stuff removes the main reason for ending the league when they did - to access needed funds. There's now no reason not to play to a finish and it certainly adds weight to Hearts case for a reversal of the demotion or financial compensation.

No longer active
1 hour ago, jamboy1982 said:

Could probably arrange a game against the Shetland county squad!

I wouldn’t fancy our chances ? 😂

23 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

:laugh2:

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )