SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Folk believing there is no strings attached? Have you seen the way the SPFL has acted all the way through this crisis? Sleekit, Underhand you name it and now all of a sudden they are squeeky clean.  Their is no way that they dont know the price and have had the ball rolling for a while.

What we need now is a Dundee style patsy to come up with another reconstruction plan( step forward Elgin Chairmen) and the end game is completed.

Like I said previously 14-10-10-10 suggested by someone else will take away any bribery chat. 

Edited by Rods

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Drumelzier
57 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Doncaster isn't going to let any cat out of the bag on terms being applied to the offer. 

He hid behind 'confidentiality' when questioned on the SKY deal so he should be doing exactly the same here, time will tell though as he won't have his 'percentage' to protect.

Even out the distribution of wealth.. Winner of bottom division gets celtic old award. And reverse it up through the leagues so the spfl winners get the bottom division wealth. Tv money is unchanged. 

1 hour ago, Rods said:

I am furious that is says 42 clubs.

I would imagine Hibs, St Mirren etc will be refusing this money on sporting grounds.

This ! 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Stuart Cosgrove still doesn't believe it

A man who knows he is wrong but would rather act like a petulant child than say he was wrong.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Bunny Munro

Good to see that we won't bankrupt clubs with our legal challenge. Thanks for keeping Anderson's money warm for us.

Edited by Bunny Munro

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Liverpool couldn’t have acted in a more classy way than they’ve done, the complete opposite of Celtic and their acolytes in the media.

Classy is getting it right first time and every time! I don’t associate Liverpool with that!

“Liverpool have reversed their decision to place some non-playing staff on temporary leave and apologised to fans.

On Saturday, the club said they were going to apply to the government's taxpayer-funded job retention scheme, sparking a fierce backlash.

But in a letter to their fans, chief executive Peter Moore said: "We believe we came to the wrong conclusion last week and are truly sorry for that."”

colinmaroon
5 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Colin,

I don’t think anyone on here is being critical of Mr Anderson.

The only issue I have here is Ann allowing herself to get into a position where people are clearly (and possibly deliberately) conflating Mr Anderson’s magnificent philanthropic gesture as being initiated by Hearts with a view to future benefit.

And with reference to your previous post, I never for one moment suggested that Ann was responsible for James Anderson’s name getting into the public domain, in fact I stated that Hearts had done a phenomenal job of protecting his anonymity.

Good grief David, what are you doing on here?  Not a childish poke at someone's faith anywhere to be seen

It has been revealed that Ann introduced Mr Anderson to the SPFL.  It has also been stated that there are no strings attached.  I believe that without question and the suggestion that she should have stayed "secret" in this is wrong for at least two reasons:

First, the connection would have come out anyway and, even if the link wasn't declared publicly, gutter journalists like peroxide man would be saying it anyway. (Not difficult to draw a line from Hearts mysterious benefactors to Mr Anderson).

Second and even more important, Ann is honest and because the rest of Scottish Football, by and large, and especially the media, is made up of dishonest chancers, who wouldn't recognise integrity if it bit them on the backside, that is not a valid reason to hide the truth.  If the rest of Scottish football and some on here (not yourself) want to judge her for that, I pity them.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Feeling even more belligerent now. Come on Budge! Let's go to war!

8A795BC5-35A2-4F37-B67F-5BBCE3D9CE0D.jpeg

colinmaroon
5 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

I dont think he should Colin , he isnt offering help for the ugly sisters the spfl board or even the chairman of the lower league clubs .

He is doing it for the benefit of the game and the supporters and communities that the lower level clubs belong .

To remove the offer would be playing to the ugly sisters and media game.

If the Spfl/celtic board ,some club chairman and Dungcaster feel a bit ashamed because of this offer its there own behaviour that's caused that not Anderson .

It was a tongue in cheek comment in light of the likes of the Record response.

What should happen is that Doncaster should be the one to reject publicly the content of Jackson's gutter so-called journalism.

Hagar the Horrible
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Stuart Cosgrove still doesn't believe it

Going to be some humble pie if his beloved St J are one of the first to benefit from the magnanamous Hearts benefactor guesture?

or

Going to be some spewing  if his beloved St J are one of the first to die from the vengeful Hearts court guesture?

Riccarton3
1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Going to be some humble pie if his beloved St J are one of the first to benefit from the magnanamous Hearts benefactor guesture?

or

Going to be some spewing  if his beloved St J are one of the first to die from the vengeful Hearts court guesture?

When Scottish football promised easy money?  I must have missed that. 

David McCaig

In a perfect world the financial offer will reach the stage of just needing the i’s dotted and t’s crossed only to be withdrawn when we initiate legal action, as James Anderson decides it would be inappropriate to invest into such an uncertain situation.

Rick Sanchez

I've seen enough comments along the lines of 'who the **** do Hearts think they are?' And 'Budge will be offering herself next' that I would rather just let these ***** struggle by themselves.

Would I **** be offering millions to these ungrateful *******s. But it's not my money.

27 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

As someone who thinks Budge is just completely out of her depth here, there is still the possibility of a message to the SPFL here over the Anderson visibility.

When Hearts take legal action, this clearly shows we will have deep pockets to cover all fees. A major Hearts benefactor has been highlighted and one who clearly is not sorry of money This should worry the SPFL.

I still suggest Bridge has accepted relegation and it is just compensation we are seeking. If so, she has to go in my book.

Depends what you believe is right and wrong as to what legal action you take.

If you believe it was fair to relegate Hearts you don’t fight it.

If you believe it was unfair to expel Hearts you fight it!

I’m in the latter camp, it’s unjust, unfair and wrong. And I think Ann’s in the same camp!

ford donald
20 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

A man who knows he is wrong but would rather act like a petulant child than say he was wrong.

Mr.Anderson has generally donated millions over the years,without any publicity or wanting any,I Thank you sir and gracefully respect you.

What this money should do guarantee us a full season in we end up in Championship. The money was never to be a bargaining chip for us to stay in Premiership or guaranteed reconstruction.   

By the end of the week hopefully David Anderson will do an interview and there will be a positive narrative around his achievements and this proposal.

Hungry hippo
8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I've seen enough comments along the lines of 'who the **** do Hearts think they are?' And 'Budge will be offering herself next' that I would rather just let these ***** struggle by themselves.

Would I **** be offering millions to these ungrateful *******s. But it's not my money.

Hearts aren't offering anything - Ann Budge's friend is and he happens to have also donated lots to us.

I would want to know who revealedMr Anderson's name to the Record. My guess would be McLennan due tohis past connections to the DR.

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, RENE said:

What this money should do guarantee us a full season in we end up in Championship. The money was never to be a bargaining chip for us to stay in Premiership or guaranteed reconstruction.   

That's probably it to be honest.

David Black
13 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

In a perfect world the financial offer will reach the stage of just needing the i’s dotted and t’s crossed only to be withdrawn when we initiate legal action, as James Anderson decides it would be inappropriate to invest into such an uncertain situation.

That would be good.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Well done Tom English  - just about the only real journalist with any credibility as far as I’m concerned. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

About to tweet him he has been the only one that has stuck up for us from the start. He has seen the bigger picture from the start he should feel vindicated this evening.

Hagar the Horrible

See TE is class, no agenda but sees through his colleagues virtriol

On a sort of side note please read this bit about QPR before it fall off the page, they are not happy but

QPR   Come on you Rs 

It looks like either come all over your erchie or come on yours,  A sign that shoots

https://www.bbc.co.uk/

Edited by Hagar the Horrible

kingantti1874

I have to admit, if we end up down anyway in a league which can’t play I’ll be extremely pissed that hearts have not only been shafted, but helped in a small way the other clubs

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The original proposal again

I feel famous 😎

On 04/04/2020 at 01:13, Paulp74 said:

UEFA have already said nations could lose european places if they dont play leagues to a finish so there is no way the sfa, or celtic for that matter, would allow this to happen.

Only 8 leagues games to play and 2 more rounds of the cup.

I'd imagine the league will start up again in june, play sat-wed-sat and the league is over by end of june. July off and start again in August. Simple!

I think that may well be nonsense

No PSG for example or indeed any French side?....I'll add the Netherlands to that

kingantti1874

I have to admit, if we end up down anyway in a league which can’t play I’ll be extremely pissed that hearts have not only been shafted, but helped in a small way the other clubs

thehibsareintheirbeds

Apologies if I missed it but is the revelation that our benefactor has committed to helping out other teams the same info our in the know posters were hinting at last week and was it always going to be no strings attached?

Or is there something else still to come out?

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Philanthropists, by their very nature, want to give help to people or persons they see as worthy causes. On a lot of occasions it is to help people who cannot help themselves, or to provide further assistance to help people achieve their full potential. A lot of their thinking revolves around fairness. If the world was fairer would this person or people have achieved this or that. If Mr Anderson (thank you for your help thus far) sees the Hearts, Partick Thistle, Stranraer, situation as unfair - and I’m sure he’ll have had many chats with Ann Budge telling him that it is - he will want that unfairness rectified one way or another.

In addition, and not aimed at you, I’ll keep banging this drum until someone says something to change it, at no point did AB say the offer of financial help was “no strings attached” or “without condition”. She has never, to my knowledge, said that. Her original paper makes it clear, Hearts have benefactors, they are helping us, they are willing to share that help with other lower league clubs.

Hearts fans continuing to use the ‘no strings attached’ narrative only damages and discredits AB and Hearts. It was said by Dick Gordon and Brian McLaughlin, not AB.

Correct ! 

Ann was no sooner off the phone and the ' pundits' were banging on about multi millions of investment, no strings attached etc etc. 

This stemmed from B Mc saying the mystery benefactor had already donated around 9million pounds to Hearts so with that in mind should be taken seriously. 

These idiots deliberately upped the ante so that anything less than several million would be seen as a disappointment. 

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

All 42 clubs?  It’s his money to do what he wants with it but that sounds pretty sickening to me.  An offer to support the lower leagues and it sounds like Doncaster has already managed to persuade Anderson to extend it to the Premiership (and no doubt take all the credit for it).  This is getting more depressing by the day, it really is. 

I will wait and see how this part of the saga plays out for a bit. Can’t decide if this is good or bad news for us.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Rods said:

I would also think it would need to go to a vote on if the money can be accepted.

Hibs would vote against it to keep their fans happy 😱🤪🙈.

J.T.F.Robertson
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

All 42 clubs?  It’s his money to do what he wants with it but that sounds pretty sickening to me.  An offer to support the lower leagues and it sounds like Doncaster has already managed to persuade Anderson to extend it to the Premiership (and no doubt take all the credit for it).  This is getting more depressing by the day, it really is. 

I doubt Doncaster will be capable of "persuading" this particular guy.

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Its more efficient to have one testing system (though there was talk of Celtic and Ross County buying something). Also the hubs should cover all leagues. 

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

That’s exactly the reason we would be taking them to court. It’s the commercial viability of a flawed vote against a set down rule in the organisations own rules. They would be seriously damaging our ability to trade. Had the full set of matches been played and we were still sitting bottom we would have had no case. However with what’s has transpired we have a very strong case - and the SPFL know this from their own legal advice. Game on now I reckon.

42 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

or

He had his chance to apologise and blew it 

A nonsense reply that he'll wait until the money is in the bank when his claim was there was no one out there...he needs to apologise as do the BBC..they were happy to backtrack when Michael Stewart was considered not to have not done his homework..the same should go for Cosgrove..or is it because the old firm are treated differently.....hmmmmmmmm

Turkishcap

Stuck in 2 minds myself, its a great gesture but a lot of then don`t deserve it. By the look of it nothing will change at the spfl.

Can't see anyway the league can now be restructured now JA is involved, now way it will be allowed   to happen as it will look like bribery

i also worry now the guy has been outed the usual idiots in the Scottish media will hound him till he's had enough and bang goes our benifactor . I know he has committed to another 5 years but things can change quickly. 

I'm not seeing his offer to the SPFL as a good development but I'm happy to be guided as to why it is . . 

scotty2442

The one thing that concerns/confuses me is that if there are no conditions for this money with regards to Hearts staying in the Premiership does this money then not just help the SPFL and member clubs fight any legal challenge we make ? 

Doncaster has no shame. Calls AB a liar and undermines the reconstruction plans she was tasked, by the SPFL, to look at but now he wants to take the lead on dealing with benefactors that AB has brought to the table. Exactly what does this guy do? AB is doing his job for him. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

I would like to think this is true, however like a couple of other good posts earlier, you could be completely and utterly wrong.

For "long game", you could just add easily suggest incompetence. Every time she speaks she hardens opinion against us. Her exasperation in this weekends interview, does not suggest to me someone who is handling this situation well. It suggests she is out of her depth when dealing with underhanded individuals. Time will tell.

My concerns with Budge are simple. If she was such a fantastic strategist and someone playing a carefully thought out "long game",  why is it that after 5 years, Hearts are back in the Championship?

At this moment in time, until proved otherwise, incompetence seems more ilikely than strategist to me.

I really hope I'm wrong.

Can't agree with a word of that tbh. 

When I take my seat in the brand new stand and have a pint in the bar that will confirm what I know to be the truth, we are set up, not fir 5 years but for the next 25 or 50 years. 

We are back in the championship as the season was called early after a vote. You missed that? 

Whether we would have ended up there via football results you and I don't know the answer. 

Jamboelite
3 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

The one thing that concerns/confuses me is that if there are no conditions for this money with regards to Hearts staying in the Premiership does this money then not just help the SPFL and member clubs fight any legal challenge we make ? 

No strings in terms of getting Hearts back in the Premier but it wont be able to be used other than for very specific measures such as testing etc...

He isnt going to do an online transfer and say do what you want.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )