SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

5 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Our hand is slowly being revealed here and it’s not a hand you want to mess with.

8446e15abb7b31549b0d60e4aabff711.png  Or   Pic.jpg.665a378b65101ef94d65ab436f718c2c.jpg

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

28 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I understand that view completely and have been plunged into that way of thinking more than once.

Each time, I come back to the fact that we need to do absolutely everything in our power to avoid the nuclear option. That is what AB has done and is still trying to do.

Sadly, I now share the views of many on here that litigation is inevitable but I desperately hope I’m wrong.

I agree we need to explore all avenues and the SPFL Board and clubs need to reject them before going to court. Hopefully that will happen this week.

47 minutes ago, Deevers said:

The problem with Doncaster is that he does nothing without Lawells say so. That’s become increasingly clear. I would reckon that Lawell will not be happy about this offer. It’s embarrassing for Celtic, the richest club in the country who have offered sod all to help anyone else in this crisis. I have no doubt that what has led to all the vitriol in the red tops. No doubt the glove puppets have been prodded to write that guff by him.  Again all of us should remember this after all of this is over. 

Desmond is trying to save his skin over tax evasion charges. The real embarrassment, and its not just Celtic, is the fact that nobody has come up with an alternative to the status quo. They are all (Chairmen, journalists, SPFL bureaucrats, pundits) shouting a lot but have nothing constructive to say. There is a proposal, a possible solution including finance, and they just chuck shite at it like Primates in captivity. I was very critical of AB in terms of CL and what happened on the pitch but she is storming this. If the yesterday men don't listen then all we can do is sit back and watch the collapse of member clubs, and possibly the whole of Scottish football.

Edited by SE16 3LN
spelling

John Gentleman

From the Daily Record:

"Budge, in an apparent attempt to highlight the ineptitude of Neil Doncaster and the SPFL board, dropped the bombshell news that a mysterious philanthropist is indeed ready and willing to help bail Scottish football out of the coronavirus catastrophe."

My (open) question is this: why was the message delivered via Budge and not directly by Anderson to the SPFL? After all, the offer has been reported as unconditional. Intriguing indeed.

WorldChampions1902
1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

I agree we need to explore all avenues and the SPFL Board and clubs need to reject them before going to court. Hopefully that will happen this week.

I suspect we will see the following headline in the DR this week. “Recon Plan in Gar-Budge Can”. That will be the trigger.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

We have multi millionaire benefactors, a multi millionaire Chairman, a 2 QC lead legal team, and a number of high profile supports in positions of influence and you don’t think we are controlling the narrative. Or could it be that there is a strategy to all this that you simply can’t see? Maybe this is a well thought out strategy designed to do a number of things, right a wrong, expose the SPFL as not fit for purpose, fully expose Doncaster et al as the incompetents they are, address the imbalance of power within Scottish football, change attitudes, save lower league clubs...........

This is Scottish football. The one way to easily control the narrative is to control the media. A large proportion of the media have already nailed their colours to the mast. They have attacked Hearts at every turn. They continue to print negative stories regardless of any of the positive work done by Ann Budge.  She is the only person to have displayed any type of leadership throughout this whole process and she has been slaughtered in the media for having “self interest”. Even some of our own ‘supporters’ have slaughtered her. We can not control that. Others have agendas, and others are exercising control.

We can only concentrate in what we can do. The decision to relegate the three teams was unfair. Most reasonable people will agree that. A flawed resolution was drawn up and a dodgy vote passed that resolution. AB led a Task Force to look at reconstruction. It was booted into touch before the submission of any paper. AB kept going. She subsequently submitted a discussion paper. The reaction to the paper has shown the vast majority of people involved in Scottish football do not recognise the extent to which this pandemic will damage Scottish football. The paper revealed there were benefactors willing to help the Scottish game and it was completely overlooked. No-one in the media (that I know of) even mentioned that part. They were all drawn in by the structure and the “it’s all about saving Hearts”. Small mindedness at a time of huge crisis. AB again reveals the benefactor help in a Sportsound interview. During that interview her demeanour is noticeably different. It’s was fighting talk. She called out the lack of leadership at the SPFL and asked why she was being left to do the work. The media picked up on the benefactor, with some immediately dismissing it as nonsense, while others called it “financial blackmail”. Small mindedness at a time of crisis. The benefactor has subsequently been named. There would appear to be a direct quote from him in an article suggesting he was happy to be named (which I think) or knew it was going to happen anyway. What will be small minded and vindictive people have to say now?

Given the above at what point have we not controlled the narrative? especially if that narrative is to ultimately lead to us to standing in a court room. You are confusing our narrative with other peoples. You are confusing their narrative for noise. Their noise is just that, noise, it changes nothing. The media are being shown up as idiots. Their agenda is being shown up for what it is, an agenda. Every time we play a card they just shout louder and louder, and the noise gets angrier and angrier, and the words become more and more malicious.

I don’t think we have lost control, far from it. Forget the noise. Enjoy the silence that will be coming.

Great post 

Ann has played the long game. 

She has known this might end up in court and has made sure our due diligence trail has been 100% evidenced and can be viewed in a positive and unselfish light. 

She has got the legal advice, well in advance. 

She has played thier game, but her next move was already planned at each turn. 

She's been playing chess while the others where playing tiddly winks. 

The media, I really can't explain. I think (for some reason) they are building up to somthing and laying the ground work to put any action or changes  at our door and make us look like the devil. 

We do need to prepare for that, if we go to court and clubs blame us and the media takes that narrative on, it will get nasty, threats will be made against Ann. 

We will be the Jeremy corbyn (right or wrong) to be punished for even challenging the status quo. 

The Hearts badge with the knife through it was the start, reminded me of the commy hat photoshop on the BBC!

Just no née or reason, other than to stir up emotion and hatred. 

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, John Gentleman said:

From the Daily Record:

"Budge, in an apparent attempt to highlight the ineptitude of Neil Doncaster and the SPFL board, dropped the bombshell news that a mysterious philanthropist is indeed ready and willing to help bail Scottish football out of the coronavirus catastrophe."

My (open) question is this: why was the message delivered via Budge and not directly by Anderson to the SPFL? After all, the offer has been reported as unconditional. Intriguing indeed.

Easy answer is he knows(and trusts) AB

johnthomas
3 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

From the Daily Record:

Anderson obviously doesn't (didn't) want to be centre stage . His relationship with AB and Hearts provides an already established connection to SPFL ?

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The wank that is Ralston wonders if the Premier League will get money from him too......

:rofl:

what a feckin trumpet.

Here's some dosh, Leeeaaaaane. Now away tae Moss Bros and buy yirsel a new tin flute, coz yer a feckin paraffin. 

that's a bit tame from you Jonno

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Bizarre behaviour. You wouldn't see Liverpool doing it. Makes our league look even more tinpot when they demanded and were given a tainted title with 8 games left.  

Liverpool couldn’t have acted in a more classy way than they’ve done, the complete opposite of Celtic and their acolytes in the media.

1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

Even the Poet Laureate can't produce their most cutting work in every single poem.

And without a doubt, Jonno is JKB's Poet Laureate.

John Gentleman
5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

5 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Anderson obviously doesn't (didn't) want to be centre stage . His relationship with AB and Hearts provides an already established connection to SPFL ?

Which, to my bird brain, means he implicitly doesn't trust Doncaster/SPFL. So why make a no strings offer? Perhaps it's ropes instead of strings, so Donaster and buddies will end up hanging themselves (figuratively speaking, that is).

The Treasurer
Just now, John Gentleman said:

Which, to my bird brain, means he implicitly doesn't trust Doncaster/SPFL. So why make a no strings offer? Perhaps it's ropes instead of strings, so Donaster and buddies will end up hanging themselves (figuratively speaking, that is).

We can only hope

57 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Checkmate resulting in reconstruction or compensation?

Would take anything that will be befitting of our situation. Reconstruction is obviously our first goal though. I think the club have proved it won’t meekly roll over and accept this. 

No longer active
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

He’d be off his head to offer SPL teams any support without stings attached.

I thought that the money offered was for the lower league teams? SPL teams not getting cash will be construed as Hearts’fault no doubt

A Boy Named Crow
28 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

8446e15abb7b31549b0d60e4aabff711.png  Or   Pic.jpg.665a378b65101ef94d65ab436f718c2c.jpg

Is that the...FIST OF GORGIE???

(Or whatever it was called)

Just read the Keith Jackson piece in the Record (forgive me).

What a horrible man he is. He is oblivious to the AB interview on Saturday!?

“If James Anderson makes SPFL investment Hearts MUST be relegated - Keith Jackson

Philanthrophy would be welcome but if the Jambos don't go down it will look like something else.“

Edited by Dannie Boy

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

I thought that the money offered was for the lower league teams? SPL teams not getting cash will be construed as Hearts’fault no doubt

Yeah there won’t be any cash for the top league, in all honesty100% there should have been conditions on the offer to the lower leagues. Something along the lines of..

“to ensure that the unfair relegation of hearts was not followed through with because clubs were forced to vote based on their finances..” 

would it have been blatant - yep it would.. 

still - it’s would only be righting a clear injustice 

Seaside jambo
18 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Was just going to say that . He must have mellowed over w/end 😂

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Would take anything that will be befitting of our situation. Reconstruction is obviously our first goal though. I think the club have proved it won’t meekly roll over and accept this. 

You seemed very confident last week that we would be playing in the Premiership next season. Have you revised that stance now, given that even AB doesn’t seem to believe that will happen?

Has the thing that you thought would make this happen now come out into the public domain?  I hope not because if it has there has been nothing come out that makes us playing in the Championship any less likely. Looks like it is all about the legal route and surely that can only be about compensation now and might explain why Anderson is going to help the lower league clubs.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Thought I'd read the articles in the Record. 

Similar to Sportsound there is no direct quotes about no conditions just Hearts favouring from reconstruction isn't a condition.

The 'without (any) condition' offer is a narrative being put out initially by Doncaster and the press.

30 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Desmond is trying to save his skin over tax evasion charges. The real embarrassment, and its not just Celtic, is the fact that nobody has come up with an alternative to the status quo. They are all (Chairmen, journalists, SPFL bureaucrats, pundits) shouting a lot but have nothing constructive to say. There is a proposal, a possible solution including finance, and they just chuck shite at it like Primates in captivity. I was very critical of AB in terms of CL and what happened on the pitch but she is storming this. If the yesterday men don't listen then all we can do is sit back and watch the collapse of member clubs, and possibly the whole of Scottish football.

It’s what makes all of the guff in the red tops so exasperating. It’s taken Ann Budge to find some sort if a salvation for the game and all these cretins can do is knock it. Really with that sort of attitude the sooner things collapse here the better.  Building things a fresh would be better than trying to cobble together anything to save this morally corrupt organisation.

Going to court for compensation whilst we have wealthy benefactors will just give the press/more ammo to kick us with.

if they hate us now it will only get worse

John Gentleman
1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

What a horrible man he is. He is obvious to the AB interview on Saturday!?

“If James Anderson makes SPFL investment Hearts MUST be relegated - Keith Jackson

Philanthrophy would be welcome but if the Jambos don't go down it will look like something else.“

For a start he's not making an 'investment'. It's a philanthropic no-strings attached offer.

So Anderson makes this offer and Jackson insists that it be conditional on Hearts being 'relegated'. Talk about wanting your bread buttered on both sides! You couldn't make this shit up.

davemclaren
28 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Exactly. Even If he did know the rest of them there would be no way he could trust them. 

For a start he's not making an 'investment'. It's a philanthropic no-strings attached offer.

So Anderson makes this offer and Jackson insists that it be conditional on Hearts being 'relegated'. Talk about wanting your bread buttered on both sides! You couldn't make this shit up.

The good thing is when Scottish fitbaw goes down the pan that trumpet will be out of a job.

highlandjambo3

Any one been on vermin.net regarding our benefactor........bet they are absolutely spewing 

Edited by highlandjambo3
Asked earlier but didn’t get a reply......how did our benefactors identity come out?

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Thought I'd read the articles in the Record. 

Similar to Sportsound there is no direct quotes about no conditions just Hearts favouring from reconstruction isn't a condition.

The 'without (any) condition' offer is a narrative being put out initially by Doncaster and the press.

It was Brian McG who initially said, it was his "understanding" that there were no strings attached. That was specifically in relation to the 'Hearts have to be in the Prem' string. 

4 minutes ago, sac said:

Going to court for compensation whilst we have wealthy benefactors will just give the press/more ammo to kick us with.

Good. **** the press. Old Firm sycophants. None more so than Keith Jackson. Money on the table to help the lower leagues and his opinion on that is that Hearts should be relegated. Not that it’s a lifeline which will save clubs from extinction or that it could offer the chance for the whole of Scottish football to play this year. Naw, his overriding feeling on all this is hearts should be relegated. What an absolute fannie. . 

Edited by GinRummy

David Black
5 minutes ago, sac said:

Good, bring it on.

Hagar the Horrible
5 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Keeff is bang on the money, It will look like something else....The targeted three were NOT unfairly punished, and Financialy stricken Hearts who were forced to half players wages then got rid of the  backbone of our squad(Well Bozanic) Have helped Scottish football out in the biggest global crisis the world has known to rescue as many clubs as possible! , just like we did in 1914-18?  When the biggest and richest club in the country just want the fixtures out early so thay can claim that tained title even before a ball has been kicked.  Thats what it looks like to me?

4 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Any one been on vermin.net regarding our benefactor........bet they are absolutely spewing 

No.

He was identified by the Daily Record, and apparently has quotes attributed to him in an article.

Ethan Hunt
2 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Same situation, massively different headlines. This rag of a paper certainly has an agenda against Hearts and Ann Budge.

7516FE47-B022-48D1-8491-E276EBB9BDB8.jpeg

They don’t even have the brains to be in any way subtle about it, not that they want to anyway. It’s about about brute strength for them. It’s just noise. Ignore it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Funnily enough I would find it hard to argue that point. 

A real muddle, but in truth nobody beyond Hearts will believe different,  Jackson is absolutely correct,  a cynical society will see this as a buy out. 

I tend to agree,  unpopular view but a truthful one 

Ethan Hunt
42 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Great post 

That’s how I see it.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

A real muddle, but in truth nobody beyond Hearts will believe different,  Jackson is absolutely correct,  a cynical society will see this as a buy out. 

The logic on it is solid enough. The story for the neutral was how a huge cash injection would help lower league clubs not how it affects hearts. Jackson gracelessly sidestepped that. 

annushorribilis III
5 hours ago, Balders said:

Wonder who leaked his identity to the Record. Just coincidence im sure that it coincides with AB putting Doncaster in touch with him.

On a subtler front : it removes any suggestion that AB is using a third party to provide the funds from her own pocket and so "bribe" the SPFL into getting what she wants.

This is a good thing.

There is now no reason for the SPFL Board NOT to be discussing the terms of his support. 

45 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Great post 

She has known this might end up in court and has made sure our due diligence trail has been 100% evidenced and can be viewed in a positive and unselfish light. 

She has got the legal advice, well in advance. 

She has played thier game, but her next move was already planned at each turn. 

The media, I really can't explain. I think (for some reason) they are building up to somthing and laying the ground work to put any action or changes  at our door and make us look like the devil. 

We do need to prepare for that, if we go to court and clubs blame us and the media takes that narrative on, it will get nasty, threats will be made against Ann. 

We will be the Jeremy corbyn (right or wrong) to be punished for even challenging the status quo. 

The Hearts badge with the knife through it was the start, reminded me of the commy hat photoshop on the BBC!

Just no née or reason, other than to stir up emotion and hatred. 

I agree.

It will be interesting to see what the court papers say when the interdict is sought................

Byyy The Light

Personally I don’t want this fantastic gesture to save lower league clubs coming to fruition. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The logic on it is solid enough. The story for the neutral was how a huge cash injection would help lower league clubs not how it affects hearts. Jackson gracelessly sidestepped that. 

Journalists rarely work on happy news. 

Just a fact of life,  a sad one too

Biffa Bacon
2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

You can see why he got involved with Hearts then. That is a description of Ann Budge to an absolute tee. She has stood by her principles and thrown straight dice, often in the face of a clamour of abuse. 

Looks like all these community projects etc, have actually helped secure massive financial investment in our club. Perhaps the simpletons who constantly bleat on about it will finally shut the **** up now? Maybe they will even start attending games now? Doubt it though.

Another top post. Some good stuff posted today. 👍

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Journalists rarely work on happy news. 

Just a fact of life,  a sad one too

Hadn’t considered that before. Sounds right. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

Personally I don’t want this fantastic gesture to save lower league clubs coming to fruition. 

Would be more clear cut now to take their relegation and fight for losses. 

Whoever's going to suffer,  well we tried to take leadership 

WorldChampions1902
2 minutes ago, Bickfest said:

I agree.

It will be interesting to see what the court papers say when the interdict is sought................

2 minutes ago, Bickfest said:

I agree.

Unlawful vote.

Restriction of Trade.

Open-ended compensation claim of £5m for EVERY season we spend in the Championship. To be paid out of TV contracts before distribution of residue to the OF.

John Gentleman
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I don't agree with you but I'm not going to argue. Instead, I pose the question; what's the SPFL going to do when up to 6 premiership clubs go belly-up at some point during the season (if it actually gets started)? That's one 'string' attached to Anderson's offer – it's earmarked for the 'lower' league clubs. Budge is on record as saying that.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I don't agree with you but I'm not going to argue. Instead, I pose the question; what's the SPFL going to do when up to 6 premiership clubs go belly-up at some point during the season (if it actually gets started)? That's one 'string' attached to Anderson's offer – it's earmarked for the 'lower' league clubs. Budge is on record as saying that.

That's for Doncaster and his cronies to sort out. 

I feel now we have to let it unfold without being an agitator 

I wonder if Dungcaster will want to attach strings to the offer.
We will only accept it if the big boys get some too!

Nothing would surprise me.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )