SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

hibsarepants
59 minutes ago, Simmo said:

Ethan

absolutely the post of the year. and still the SPFL nutters are looking for a guarantee that the assistance is in no way linked to reconstruction. It was never ever stated that it was but of course that is not newsworthy.

Totally agree - nail , head , bang on etc.

This is gong to Court as everyone could see the minute the restructuring was canned the first time. Remember patience is a virtue , so we must appear to be exhausting all attempts to avoid Court. When we go to Court , perhaps next week, and the papers are served - the future of Scottish Football , will likely be changed in a fairly fundamental way.  As a wiser man said - when the centre cannot hold things fall apart.  

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

As an aside, when crowds can return a wee European competition between the shafted clubs could be an attractive proposition. 

Not a bad suggestion 

true-jambo
1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

We have multi millionaire benefactors, a multi millionaire Chairman, a 2 QC lead legal team, and a number of high profile supports in positions of influence and you don’t think we are controlling the narrative. Or could it be that there is a strategy to all this that you simply can’t see? Maybe this is a well thought out strategy designed to do a number of things, right a wrong, expose the SPFL as not fit for purpose, fully expose Doncaster et al as the incompetents they are, address the imbalance of power within Scottish football, change attitudes, save lower league clubs...........

This is Scottish football. The one way to easily control the narrative is to control the media. A large proportion of the media have already nailed their colours to the mast. They have attacked Hearts at every turn. They continue to print negative stories regardless of any of the positive work done by Ann Budge.  She is the only person to have displayed any type of leadership throughout this whole process and she has been slaughtered in the media for having “self interest”. Even some of our own ‘supporters’ have slaughtered her. We can not control that. Others have agendas, and others are exercising control.

We can only concentrate in what we can do. The decision to relegate the three teams was unfair. Most reasonable people will agree that. A flawed resolution was drawn up and a dodgy vote passed that resolution. AB led a Task Force to look at reconstruction. It was booted into touch before the submission of any paper. AB kept going. She subsequently submitted a discussion paper. The reaction to the paper has shown the vast majority of people involved in Scottish football do not recognise the extent to which this pandemic will damage Scottish football. The paper revealed there were benefactors willing to help the Scottish game and it was completely overlooked. No-one in the media (that I know of) even mentioned that part. They were all drawn in by the structure and the “it’s all about saving Hearts”. Small mindedness at a time of huge crisis. AB again reveals the benefactor help in a Sportsound interview. During that interview her demeanour is noticeably different. It’s was fighting talk. She called out the lack of leadership at the SPFL and asked why she was being left to do the work. The media picked up on the benefactor, with some immediately dismissing it as nonsense, while others called it “financial blackmail”. Small mindedness at a time of crisis. The benefactor has subsequently been named. There would appear to be a direct quote from him in an article suggesting he was happy to be named (which I think) or knew it was going to happen anyway. What will be small minded and vindictive people have to say now?

Given the above at what point have we not controlled the narrative? especially if that narrative is to ultimately lead to us to standing in a court room. You are confusing our narrative with other peoples. You are confusing their narrative for noise. Their noise is just that, noise, it changes nothing. The media are being shown up as idiots. Their agenda is being shown up for what it is, an agenda. Every time we play a card they just shout louder and louder, and the noise gets angrier and angrier, and the words become more and more malicious.

I don’t think we have lost control, far from it. Forget the noise. Enjoy the silence that will be coming.

Great post Ethan. As always speaking common sense and providing an analytical review of where we need to be in terms of a roadmap to achieving our goal

12 minutes ago, hibsarepants said:

Totally agree - nail , head , bang on etc.

This is gong to Court as everyone could see the minute the restructuring was canned the first time. Remember patience is a virtue , so we must appear to be exhausting all attempts to avoid Court. When we go to Court , perhaps next week, and the papers are served - the future of Scottish Football , will likely be changed in a fairly fundamental way.  As a wiser man said - when the centre cannot hold things fall apart.  

I don’t know why but I tend to pay attention to your posts. Something draws me to them.

I hope you are correct.

Ethan Hunt
10 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Ethan Hunt make good points and I agree with most of it.

However there's no getting away from the fact that regardless of who controls the narrative it's the SPFL which ultimately controls events, and that organisation went into the whole process with a preferred outcome - the league being called and Celtic being declared champions - and despite the shambles over the Dundee vote the SPFL was pretty canny about finagling the process so that ending the league could be achieved relatively simply. It's c called divide and conquer.

Doncaster has taken a PR hit but has achieved the desired result, as he sees it. Two of the three available outcomes satisfied Celtic and their financial need for European football (calling the league and completing it) so the SPFL plumped for the easiest one, despite it being the least fair. The third option was declaring the league null and void, which was never going to happen.

Had Celtic been four points behind Rangers with eight games to play, the SPFL would have made much more strenuous efforts to complete the league. That's obvious to everybody but nobody in the media will ever come out and say that, and if Hearts fans point it out the're accused of paranoia/self-interest/anti-Celtic bias.

We can only control our narrative.  What’s done is done. It’s how it is corrected that we can control to a degree, by going to court if need be.

Doncaster has made a complete arse of this. The decision to call the league was taken too soon. I agree with everything you say but the decision as to how things end up will be down to COVID19 and the Scottish Government as they have more  control over Scottish Football at this moment than the SPFL or SFA?

I’ve received loads of messages from mates who are fans of a number of different clubs. I’ve taken the banter up to a point, but, without exception, when I have said to them “let’s see who is left standing at the end of this” I have never had a peep back. Banter aside they are all shitting it that their club could be one of the ones going under. Doncaster will have helped them go under as well.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

Sincerely hope @Ethan Hunt is on the money here.

I may be sceptical, but I desperately hope that he is right.

My worry is that we are playing with a straight bat and moral compass in a world of liars, snakes and vipers.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Ethan Hunt make good points and I agree with most of it.

However there's no getting away from the fact that regardless of who controls the narrative it's the SPFL which ultimately controls events, and that organisation went into the whole process with a preferred outcome - the league being called and Celtic being declared champions - and despite the shambles over the Dundee vote the SPFL was pretty canny about finagling the process so that ending the league could be achieved relatively simply. It's c called divide and conquer.

Doncaster has taken a PR hit but has achieved the desired result, as he sees it. Two of the three available outcomes satisfied Celtic and their financial need for European football (calling the league and completing it) so the SPFL plumped for the easiest one, despite it being the least fair. The third option was declaring the league null and void, which was never going to happen.

Had Celtic been four points behind Rangers with eight games to play, the SPFL would have made much more strenuous efforts to complete the league. That's obvious to everybody but nobody in the media will ever come out and say that, and if Hearts fans point it out the're accused of paranoia/self-interest/anti-Celtic bias.

Imho a far more realistic take, if not the one we would wish for 

Just now, David McCaig said:

My worry is that we are playing with a straight bat and moral compass in a world of liars, snakes and vipers.

That's where the courts, or for the SPFL Board and clubs, the fear of the courts comes in. Hopefully.

I'm still not sure what Ann's tactic was in revealing that the offer for the lower league teams was in the table. Usually she considers her words quite carefully so I wouldn't think that she mentioned it by accident. Was it to put pressure on Doncaster and prompt him into action, if so what action does she want him to take? It's definitely shown him to again be lacking in leadership but would his leadership be in Hearts and Scottish football's interest or his own? Or does she think that by removing the financial risk to lower league clubs, they will be free to vote for the greater good rather than their own self interest. If so, none of them are making those kind of noises. And the money would extinguish the sense of urgency that seemed to be growing and was really in our favour with regards reconstruction. Now teams could all be saying yes we can play so no need to change anything. 

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Consortium bid!!!!

You would think somewhere there would be a sponsorship opportunity.

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just some more biography.

James Anderson for example knows Jeff Bezos and Mark Zuckerberg and has contact with Elon Musk. 

A quiet giant. 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/business_hq/13141019.a-recharged-james-anderson-comes-home-to-baillie-gifford/

Wouldn’t surprise if his own wealth is in the high tens of millions or even a 100 million. 

I feel really bad for Budge. She's under an incredible amount of stress and has tried to do the right thing at every turn. She's had her motives and integrity questioned at literally every turn by halfwit pundits, 'journalists', footballers and chairmen. It seems this BS narrative about it purely being about saving us is an excuse for all the wee clubs who don't like us to come out the woodwork and stick their boots in too. Its utterly vindictive and short sighted. How are we supposed to continue a working relationship with these characters in the future when they have purposely set out to harm us? Likewise, if we have to go legal then things become much more difficult. 

If Doncaster had shown an ounce of leadership here, he'd have been the one putting forward 14-14-14 in consultation with the clubs. This tones down the view that its all about Hearts. By having the Hearts chairman propose a structure where we benefit has terrible optics and gives these vicious diddy club chairmen the excuse they need to ...'punish' us for failure? Their mentality is summed up with statements to the effect of 'if it was hamilton no one would care', well we can't argue with hypotheticals. So lets deal with whats in front of us. The shortsightedness is breathtaking.  

Regarding James Anderson, credit to the guy. His (and others) generosity has helped the club massively over the last 7 years, the new stand is magnificent and he should be proud of his contribution. One thing I can't reconcile is, if we go legal and he's donated money to try and save these clubs, how does that work? Is he content to piss it up a wall? I understand that its a 'no strings' donation, but the good that money does will likely be undone if we have to go to court. I know the offer is without strings, but perhaps it might have been better with the strings. Part of why Doncaster and co packaged the money up with ending the season was a lack of faith that they'd have been able to end the season any other way - i.e the money was the carrot to get the job done. Whilst I don't agree with doing that (morally and ethically bankrupt), we don't get to pick the rules of the game here, and it seems apparent that these clubs will do everything in their power to hurt us rather than help us. I really hope Ann isn't bluffing here. We need to be prepared to go all the way here because these idiots will force us to bankrupting them. 

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Wouldn’t surprise if his own wealth is in the high tens of millions or even a 100 million. 

I hope Keeff is reading this but that is what OFF-THE-RADAR actually looks like!

Ethan Great post BTW

flecktimus
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just some more biography.

James Anderson for example knows Jeff Bezos and Mark Zuckerberg and has contact with Elon Musk. 

A quiet giant. 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/business_hq/13141019.a-recharged-james-anderson-comes-home-to-baillie-gifford/

God only knows why he wants to be involved in Scottish football.

But i would like to thank Mr Anderson for his generous donations to HMFC.

8 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

I'm still not sure what Ann's tactic was in revealing that the offer for the lower league teams was in the table. Usually she considers her words quite carefully so I wouldn't think that she mentioned it by accident. Was it to put pressure on Doncaster and prompt him into action, if so what action does she want him to take? It's definitely shown him to again be lacking in leadership but would his leadership be in Hearts and Scottish football's interest or his own? Or does she think that by removing the financial risk to lower league clubs, they will be free to vote for the greater good rather than their own self interest. If so, none of them are making those kind of noises. And the money would extinguish the sense of urgency that seemed to be growing and was really in our favour with regards reconstruction. Now teams could all be saying yes we can play so no need to change anything. 

The problem with Doncaster is that he does nothing without Lawells say so. That’s become increasingly clear. I would reckon that Lawell will not be happy about this offer. It’s embarrassing for Celtic, the richest club in the country who have offered sod all to help anyone else in this crisis. I have no doubt that what has led to all the vitriol in the red tops. No doubt the glove puppets have been prodded to write that guff by him.  Again all of us should remember this after all of this is over. 

Edited by Deevers

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

The problem with Doncaster is that he does at days nothing without Lawells say so. That’s become increasingly clear. I would reckon that Lawell will not be happy about this offer. It’s embarrassing for Celtic, the richest club in the country who have offered sod all to help anyone else in this crisis. I have no doubt that what has led to all the vitriol in the red tops. No doubt the glove puppets have been prodded to write that guff by him.  Again all of us should remember this after all of this is over. 

I just wonder how that helps her and Hearts' position?

WorldChampions1902
2 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

That's where the courts, or for the SPFL Board and clubs, the fear of the courts comes in. Hopefully.

The revealing of our benefactors name and therefore his wealth, the recent  huge upsurge in FOH funding/pledges, the fact that AB is seriously wealthy and the suggestion that we have more than one wealthy benefactor, should demonstrate to Doncaster that we have the means to fund the court case.

However, ultimately if that’s how this ends, it will seriously damage us in the eyes of many clubs and their fans, will potentially damage us financially (If we lose) and could be the end of a significant number of small clubs. Whilst I understand the animosity towards a number of these small teams, unfortunately they could find themselves out of business even though they were in support of reconstruction - yet more “collateral damage” that would be just as unfair as the situation we find ourselves in.

Another reason why Ann is exhausting every avenue in order to avoid that outcome.

14-10-10-10 will be the final outcome.

This saves faces for the teams shouting the odds and also keeps Hearts out of court. The redtops will spin it as Budge's proposal defeated. 

Ultimatly though we will still be in the premier league.

What time is the meeting today?

Just now, Rods said:

This saves faces for the teams shouting the odds and also keeps Hearts out of court. The redtops will spin it as Budge's proposal defeated. 

Hmmm.

I think we’re resigned to the Championship and a court case.

Opinions, eh.

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Shame that Jackson didn't use the phrase off the radar wealth!

hibsarepants
16 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I don’t know why but I tend to pay attention to your posts. Something draws me to them.

I hope you are correct.

Well , Ive done a few litigation cases and its fairly simple:

- Did you take a course of action that caused damages to my client ?

-Were their alternative actions that could have been taken to avoid these damages ?

After that its a case of quantifying the damages - which appear to be at a level which will be very problematic for the SPFL.

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

We have multi millionaire benefactors, a multi millionaire Chairman, a 2 QC lead legal team, and a number of high profile supports in positions of influence and you don’t think we are controlling the narrative. Or could it be that there is a strategy to all this that you simply can’t see? Maybe this is a well thought out strategy designed to do a number of things, right a wrong, expose the SPFL as not fit for purpose, fully expose Doncaster et al as the incompetents they are, address the imbalance of power within Scottish football, change attitudes, save lower league clubs...........

This is Scottish football. The one way to easily control the narrative is to control the media. A large proportion of the media have already nailed their colours to the mast. They have attacked Hearts at every turn. They continue to print negative stories regardless of any of the positive work done by Ann Budge.  She is the only person to have displayed any type of leadership throughout this whole process and she has been slaughtered in the media for having “self interest”. Even some of our own ‘supporters’ have slaughtered her. We can not control that. Others have agendas, and others are exercising control.

We can only concentrate in what we can do. The decision to relegate the three teams was unfair. Most reasonable people will agree that. A flawed resolution was drawn up and a dodgy vote passed that resolution. AB led a Task Force to look at reconstruction. It was booted into touch before the submission of any paper. AB kept going. She subsequently submitted a discussion paper. The reaction to the paper has shown the vast majority of people involved in Scottish football do not recognise the extent to which this pandemic will damage Scottish football. The paper revealed there were benefactors willing to help the Scottish game and it was completely overlooked. No-one in the media (that I know of) even mentioned that part. They were all drawn in by the structure and the “it’s all about saving Hearts”. Small mindedness at a time of huge crisis. AB again reveals the benefactor help in a Sportsound interview. During that interview her demeanour is noticeably different. It’s was fighting talk. She called out the lack of leadership at the SPFL and asked why she was being left to do the work. The media picked up on the benefactor, with some immediately dismissing it as nonsense, while others called it “financial blackmail”. Small mindedness at a time of crisis. The benefactor has subsequently been named. There would appear to be a direct quote from him in an article suggesting he was happy to be named (which I think) or knew it was going to happen anyway. What will be small minded and vindictive people have to say now?

Given the above at what point have we not controlled the narrative? especially if that narrative is to ultimately lead to us to standing in a court room. You are confusing our narrative with other peoples. You are confusing their narrative for noise. Their noise is just that, noise, it changes nothing. The media are being shown up as idiots. Their agenda is being shown up for what it is, an agenda. Every time we play a card they just shout louder and louder, and the noise gets angrier and angrier, and the words become more and more malicious.

I don’t think we have lost control, far from it. Forget the noise. Enjoy the silence that will be coming.

That’s a well thought out and wonderful post here Ethan. It’s similar to  a case of, when everybody is running around losing their heads, then we must keep ours firmly on and focused on our goals. I firmly believe that Ann’s head is indeed screwed firmly on and the calmness she displays in all of this, ensures that we have a very strong leader at the wheel. 

We’ve had a strategy in place since the vote to demote or expel us and  reconstruction was laughed out the park. We are not the ones making noises but it’s not a case of who shouts loudest wins. Ann has said in more than a few occasions now, that it’s a case of keeping our powder dry for the time being. That time is almost here and I’m sure by the end of proceedings you will see that Ann has been holding a few aces for a long time now.

These next few days are critical and by the end of this, I’m hoping our next move will indeed result in checkmate. 

Hagar the Horrible

There is too many clubs wearing RED shirts for my liking as well as green, blue, tangarine etc?

"Computer, begin auto-destruct sequence, authorization Donkey 4-7 Alpha Tango."

Edited by Hagar the Horrible

Just now, Anything2 said:

I just wonder how that helps her and Hearts' position?

It doesn’t at all but it shows what’s going on inside the inner workings of the SPFL. I currently doubt anything but court action is going to help Hearts resolve this situation. For me the quicker it comes the better. The shady goings on will be laid bare before a court for everyone to see.  What’s going on just now is just a side show to the main event that will take place in the Court of Session.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So, offering to help clubs in extreme circumstances - bad.

Screwing up league structures to ensure 4 x Gruesome games a season - good.

Burn the whole lot down.

Yep.  If it was me I’d tell them to ram it, and just give the money to Hearts.  

David Black

I hope the recon fails, Mr Anderson withdraws his offer and we start court proceedings this week. We have gone down every avenue we can. Through AB . Mr Anderson has made a fantastic offer only the fools running Scottish football would question. All AB has done is strengthen our case in court and the icing on the cake would be tying the SPFL in knots so as it could not start the season even in August. The more of these braindead club owners and their clubs that fold the better. It is quite clear that in that last interview AB has also reached the end of her tether with Doncaster and these clubs. 

3 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

The revealing of our benefactors name and therefore his wealth, the recent  huge upsurge in FOH funding/pledges, the fact that AB is seriously wealthy and the suggestion that we have more than one wealthy benefactor, should demonstrate to Doncaster that we have the means to fund the court case.

However, ultimately if that’s how this ends, it will seriously damage us in the eyes of many clubs and their fans, will potentially damage us financially (If we lose) and could be the end of a significant number of small clubs. Whilst I understand the animosity towards a number of these small teams, unfortunately they could find themselves out of business even though they were in support of reconstruction - yet more “collateral damage” that would be just as unfair as the situation we find ourselves in.

Another reason why Ann is exhausting every avenue in order to avoid that outcome.

Reasonable and slightly detached view , not necessarily a criticism, however I've been in the spitting blood camp since Good Friday. If the clubs again reject reconstruction and insist on expelling us from the league I will shed no tears for them they will have made their bed (possibly death bed ) and they can lie/die in it.

My animosity is not concentrated on  a few small teams but the 81 percent of clubs who voted for this shit show.

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, Rods said:

Sorry but that’s fantasy stuff! 

David McCaig
7 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

That’s a well thought out and wonderful post here Ethan. It’s similar to  a case of, when everybody is running around losing their heads, then we must keep ours firmly on and focused on our goals. I firmly believe that Ann’s head is indeed screwed firmly on and the calmness she displays in all of this, ensures that we have a very strong leader at the wheel. 

We’ve had a strategy in place since the vote to demote or expel us and  reconstruction was laughed out the park. We are not the ones making noises but it’s not a case of who shouts loudest wins. Ann has said in more than a few occasions now, that it’s a case of keeping our powder dry for the time being. That time is almost here and I’m sure by the end of proceedings you will see that Ann has been holding a few aces for a long time now.

These next few days are critical and by the end of this, I’m hoping our next move will indeed result in checkmate. 

Checkmate resulting in reconstruction or compensation?

1 hour ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Same situation, massively different headlines. This rag of a paper certainly has an agenda against Hearts and Ann Budge.

7516FE47-B022-48D1-8491-E276EBB9BDB8.jpeg

Hardline stance?   Not renewing expired contracts of players who aren’t good enough?

It was like when we did no renew Locke’s contract.  The papers said we sacked him.  At the same time, I think St Mirren did not renew Danny Lennon’s contract.   The papers simply said that.  

WorldChampions1902
1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

Reasonable and slightly detached view , not necessarily a criticism, however I've been in the spitting blood camp since Good Friday. If the clubs again reject reconstruction and insist on expelling us from the league I will shed no tears for them they will have made their bed (possibly death bed ) and they can lie/die in it.

My animosity is not concentrated on  a few small teams but the 81 percent of clubs who voted for this shit show.

I understand that view completely and have been plunged into that way of thinking more than once.

Each time, I come back to the fact that we need to do absolutely everything in our power to avoid the nuclear option. That is what AB has done and is still trying to do.

Sadly, I now share the views of many on here that litigation is inevitable but I desperately hope I’m wrong.

Ethan Hunt
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Listen mate. I am just a guy watching the events unfold and basing my opinion on what I have heard, read and seen. I look at who we have on our side and ask myself, are these extremely successful people making this up as they go along, or is there a strategy to all this. I block out the Cosgrove, Miller, Young, DR, Sun, chat and opinion as just noise. It’s their to deflect, confuse, and deflate. If you focus on what we are doing, what we are saying, and who is saying it, a pattern becomes clear.  Just as importantly I look at influential Hearts people who are saying nothing, in public at least. Are they just accepting this, or are they working the strategy quietly in the background.  Because we cant be heard making a huge amount of noise doesn’t mean that people aren’t being noised up.

Look at Doncaster et al. They’ve been more inconspicuous than Osman bin Laden ever was. Their silence has - in the main - been deafening. Why is that? If you are so sure of yourself why conduct Q and A’s with yourself, not release Deloitte audits, only allow Dick Gordon or David Currie to interview you, while you set the agenda?Why do that? How many interviews and invites onto radio shows have they declined? Why decline? What are you hiding? or who are you hiding from?

We are following a path that takes us to destination forced reconstruction or court. I personally think the driving factor for all our actions has been for the good of the game. Some people just can’t see that. Ann Budge, and those standing alongside her, and she’ll have many, are not going to allow us to be turned over without a fight. She’ll fight for the good of the game, and when that fails it’s only Hearts, and let loose the dragons.

I could be wrong about it all. Time will tell. But I refuse to believe that with who we have on our side, the resources available, and the strength that is generated by pointing all of those guns at the same target, that this is all being made up on the hoof. 

8 minutes ago, Deevers said:

It doesn’t at all but it shows what’s going on inside the inner workings of the SPFL. I currently doubt anything but court action is going to help Hearts resolve this situation. For me the quicker it comes the better. The shady goings on will be laid bare before a court for everyone to see.  What’s going on just now is just a side show to the main event that will take place in the Court of Session.

It just doesn't seem very Budge like to get involved in the sideshow, I guess I'm just assuming that there was a strategy to publicly revealing that the offer existed and I don't know what it was as I can see more negatives than positives for Hearts. 

Italian Lambretta
25 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Consortium bid!!!!

No need for a consortium

Jeff Bezos could buy scottish football with the money in his wallet. 

The Amazon Stadium has a nice ring to it though 

Can't wait for Doncaster to explain to Championship, 1st and 2nd leagues that the offer had been rejected because there was a condition.....that Premiership wasn't getting any money.

Edited by RENE

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

The loss of four home games must’ve cost them a fair bit of money too. I’ve still not seen anything that warrants them to be so desperate for it to finish.

Bizarre behaviour. You wouldn't see Liverpool doing it. Makes our league look even more tinpot when they demanded and were given a tainted title with 8 games left.  

Edited by Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Just now, Anything2 said:

It just doesn't seem very Budge like to get involved in the sideshow, I guess I'm just assuming that there was a strategy to publicly revealing that the offer existed and I don't know what it was as I can see more negatives than positives for Hearts. 

Well I don’t know about that. Showing that Hearts are trying to help smaller clubs by using our contacts to do just that, while the establishment at the SPFL are sitting with their thumbs up their bums doing sod all to help says a lot to me.

John Gentleman

All the talk is about Anderson, but Budge has always talked in the pluralistic form – benefactors. Anderson's offer may have no strings attached, but offers made by the other benefactors may carry hefty caveats. That's some of the aces Budge has got up her sleeve I reckon, though I'll concede it's speculation on my part.

There's a clever game of chess going on here, it's just that the SPFL don't realise it (no surprises there).

Just now, Deevers said:

Well I don’t know about that. Showing that Hearts are trying to help smaller clubs by using our contacts to do just that, while the establishment at the SPFL are sitting with their thumbs up their bums doing sod all to help says a lot to me.

But Doncaster can now, make out that Budge's involved was some kind of bribe a la the no strings attached comment, then get the deal that Ann has already brokered, be the hero then the lower league clubs will have their money and no motivation to vote for change what is exactly what they wanted in the first place. 

Ethan Hunt
25 minutes ago, OTT said:

I feel really bad for Budge. She's under an incredible amount of stress and has tried to do the right thing at every turn. She's had her motives and integrity questioned at literally every turn by halfwit pundits, 'journalists', footballers and chairmen. It seems this BS narrative about it purely being about saving us is an excuse for all the wee clubs who don't like us to come out the woodwork and stick their boots in too. Its utterly vindictive and short sighted. How are we supposed to continue a working relationship with these characters in the future when they have purposely set out to harm us? Likewise, if we have to go legal then things become much more difficult. 

If Doncaster had shown an ounce of leadership here, he'd have been the one putting forward 14-14-14 in consultation with the clubs. This tones down the view that its all about Hearts. By having the Hearts chairman propose a structure where we benefit has terrible optics and gives these vicious diddy club chairmen the excuse they need to ...'punish' us for failure? Their mentality is summed up with statements to the effect of 'if it was hamilton no one would care', well we can't argue with hypotheticals. So lets deal with whats in front of us. The shortsightedness is breathtaking.  

Regarding James Anderson, credit to the guy. His (and others) generosity has helped the club massively over the last 7 years, the new stand is magnificent and he should be proud of his contribution. One thing I can't reconcile is, if we go legal and he's donated money to try and save these clubs, how does that work? Is he content to piss it up a wall? I understand that its a 'no strings' donation, but the good that money does will likely be undone if we have to go to court. I know the offer is without strings, but perhaps it might have been better with the strings. Part of why Doncaster and co packaged the money up with ending the season was a lack of faith that they'd have been able to end the season any other way - i.e the money was the carrot to get the job done. Whilst I don't agree with doing that (morally and ethically bankrupt), we don't get to pick the rules of the game here, and it seems apparent that these clubs will do everything in their power to hurt us rather than help us. I really hope Ann isn't bluffing here. We need to be prepared to go all the way here because these idiots will force us to bankrupting them. 

Good post. He is a very successful businessman. If he chooses to provide lower league clubs with money to help see them through this pandemic, and they choose to vote against reconstruction, I’m sure he can reconcile it with himself under the ‘no strings attached’. I gave you the money ‘no strings attached’ you chose to lose it voting against reconstruction knowing it would result in legal action. Hearts won the legal case. Hearts have got that money now. Oh well.

2 hours ago, Boof said:

Yeah.

Used as a verb that's exactly how the dictionary describes it.

However, used as a noun, as you have done here, according to https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/******

"In a 2003 survey by the BBC, ****** was voted the most offensive word relating to disability..."

Offensive, dated and quite rightly removed by the filter.

Cool 👍

1 minute ago, Anything2 said:

But Doncaster can now, make out that Budge's involved was some kind of bribe a la the no strings attached comment, then get the deal that Ann has already brokered, be the hero then the lower league clubs will have their money and no motivation to vote for change what is exactly what they wanted in the first place. 

Well we’ll just have to wait and see. It’s an honest offer from Ann Budge, though it’s becoming increasingly obvious those who have an anti Hearts agenda will want to twist it for their own purposes. There are even those on this board who are trying to do this. Personally speaking with all that’s gone on I hope the offer is withdrawn forthwith and we can all sit back and watch the fallout.

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, Simmo said:

Ethan

absolutely the post of the year. and still the SPFL nutters are looking for a guarantee that the assistance is in no way linked to reconstruction. It was never ever stated that it was but of course that is not newsworthy.

... the irony of which is truly astounding.  Has Donkey & co forgotten already what they cobbled together in April ?

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Our hand is slowly being revealed here and it’s not a hand you want to mess with.

20 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Hardline stance?   Not renewing expired contracts of players who aren’t good enough?

It was like when we did no renew Locke’s contract.  The papers said we sacked him.  At the same time, I think St Mirren did not renew Danny Lennon’s contract.   The papers simply said that.  

The 15 is a nonsense too.  It includes 3 at the end of their loan periods, 2 who were only on 6 month deals and a bunch of kids, I'd argue in a number many clubs let go most years.  Dikamona was already gone too.

We've also offered contracts to 3 young, Scottish laddies (who have all had first team exposure), and I'm sure the usual batch of 16 yearolds will get deals.

Basically the headline should read "Hearts decide not to keep Bozanic"!!!!

Lone Striker
21 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Listen mate. I am just a guy watching the events unfold and basing my opinion on what I have heard, read and seen. I look at who we have on our side and ask myself, are these extremely successful people making this up as they go along, or is there a strategy to all this. I block out the Cosgrove, Miller, Young, DR, Sun, chat and opinion as just noise. It’s their to deflect, confuse, and deflate. If you focus on what we are doing, what we are saying, and who is saying it, a pattern becomes clear.  Just as importantly I look at influential Hearts people who are saying nothing, in public at least. Are they just accepting this, or are they working the strategy quietly in the background.  Because we cant be heard making a huge amount of noise doesn’t mean that people aren’t being noised up.

Look at Doncaster et al. They’ve been more inconspicuous than Osman bin Laden ever was. Their silence has - in the main - been deafening. Why is that? If you are so sure of yourself why conduct Q and A’s with yourself, not release Deloitte audits, only allow Dick Gordon or David Currie to interview you, while you set the agenda?Why do that? How many interviews and invites onto radio shows have they declined? Why decline? What are you hiding? or who are you hiding from?

We are following a path that takes us to destination forced reconstruction or court. I personally think the driving factor for all our actions has been for the good of the game. Some people just can’t see that. Ann Budge, and those standing alongside her, and she’ll have many, are not going to allow us to be turned over without a fight. She’ll fight for the good of the game, and when that fails it’s only Hearts, and let loose the dragons.

I could be wrong about it all. Time will tell. But I refuse to believe that with who we have on our side, the resources available, and the strength that is generated by pointing all of those guns at the same target, that this is all being made up on the hoof. 

First class analysis !!  Your contributions to explaining the ins and outs throughout this  debacle have been much appreciated. 👍

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

This!

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )