SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

David McCaig
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

How so?

If the cash allows a full season in the Championship.

Although it would be funny if the benefactor paid out the cash and it was immediately the subject of an interdict from Hearts!!

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

How so?

Because there’d actually be a league for us to play in whereas with no funds there ain’t no championship 

Fully expect Doncaster(Celtic) to announce that he has mysteriously managed to find a source that will pay for the testing. 

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

If the cash allows a full season in the Championship.

Although it would be funny if the benefactor paid out the cash and it was immediately the subject of an interdict from Hearts!!

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Because there’d actually be a league for us to play in whereas with no funds there ain’t no championship 

Got you now guys. Thanks. 

Guest ToqueJambo

If this was Germany, other top clubs would offer to club together with Hearts and our benefactors to create a fund to help other clubs and the league as a whole. In fact, that's what they did.

As it's Scotland, Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers are doing nothing and the media is still just pandering to an online army of social media idiots by leading the way slagging off Budge and questioning her intentions at every development.

We'll end up with the league we deserve - Rangers and Celtic coming out of this stronger due to other clubs being weaker and - hey presto! - we're back to a  20 point gap between the top 2 and everyone else forever.

We'll no doubt survive, have a fairly enjoyable season in the championship and come up with a major grudge to settle.

David McCaig

Sadly Ann Budge now seems to be so unpopular (for no discernible reason) in Scottish Football that she could walk into an SPFL Meeting turn water into wine and still have the pricks complaining that they wanted a pint of tennents!!!

Riccarton3
18 minutes ago, gator said:

I don't think Budge can be fairly judged until this plays out, I know this reconstruction thing has seemed like a charade but I have a feeling she is playing along and giving the SPFL a chance before she ultimately takes them to court!

Indeed. Had no option in that respect.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If this was Germany, other top clubs would offer to club together with Hearts and our benefactors to create a fund to help other clubs and the league as a whole. In fact, that's what they did.

As it's Scotland, Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers are doing nothing and the media is still just pandering to an online army of social media idiots by leading the way slagging off Budge and questioning her intentions at every development.

We'll end up with the league we deserve - Rangers and Celtic coming out of this stronger due to other clubs being weaker and - hey presto! - we're back to a  20 point gap between the top 2 and everyone else forever.

We'll no doubt survive, have a fairly enjoyable season in the championship and come up with a major grudge to settle.

Absolutely.

2 hours ago, husref musemic said:

Cosgrove just now : "i don't believe anything regarding Anne's philanthropist, utter nonsense"

just called Anne a liar !

Let me guess - it was delivered in a sleekit, smarmy, snidey, sneering tone?

That no-mark prick is rapidly climbing my chart of absolute ****ery.

Edited by Boof
Edit - sorry, mods. Sweary filter didn't catch the first 4 letters of my final word.

2 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

They are not imbeciles. They are corrupt.

They are probably both.   It shows the hapless state of things that they are still there.

Anywhere else and they would have been out on their ears.

Edited by Deevers

21 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Ann needs to wake up now. She has tried to do the SPFL's job for them and it's dead in the water. Stop fanying around and start legal action Monday morning as it's clear the main agenda is Hearts in the Championship. Everyone and their dog can see the injustice of forced demotion but none are willing to do anything about it. Time to look out for No1 and hell mend the rest if it means they go to the wall. Should we be forced into the Championship and they don't start playing games, then this is curtailing our business model and we should never allow that to happen.

Come on Ann stop the pretense and start legal action, it's the only path open to us now.

We can't take legal action until we have exhausted available remedies within Scottish football including an appeal to the SFA. 

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Sadly Ann Budge now seems to be so unpopular (for no discernible reason) in Scottish Football that she could walk into an SPFL Meeting turn water into wine and still have the pricks complaining that they wanted a pint of tennents!!!

For that reason she needs to draw a line under this restructuring malarkey , sighting personnel abuse and an unwilling stubbornness within the game to change . 

Saying she awaits a final decision from the sofl board and will consider the clubs next move. 

In short she has gave it a great shot , time to move on and let the courts decide compensation, regroup and bounce back 

12 minutes ago, gator said:

I believe Monday will essentially be D Day, the SPL clubs will either be behind reconstruction or not, if they are which I thought they might be to avoid legal action we will know whether pressure will be put on lower league clubs to get this done! If they are not behind this there is absolutely no other options for Budge at that point other than going to court, no more delays!

Appeal to SFA first. 

There has to come a time where she says to them that she’s tried everything she can think of but it’s met resistance at every point so I’m finished and I’ll see you in court.

6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Brilliant!

3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Its about bloody time the clubs lobbied to get rid of Doncaster.

Why would they? 
he’s doing a sterling job for some 

Riccarton3
5 minutes ago, Boof said:

Let me guess - it was delivered in a sleekit, smarmy, snidey, sneering tone?

That no-mark prick is rapidly climbing my chart of absolute cuntery.

Guy's a bit of a troll. I always find it amazing that he used to be in with the casuals unless I got that wrong. 'Totally bizarre', as he'd say himself. 

Edited by Riccarton3

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

There has to come a time where she says to them that she’s tried everything she can think of but it’s met resistance at every point so I’m finished and I’ll see you in court.

She’s already said that point isn’t far away.

10 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

And if there is no League One or League Two we can expect a proposal for no promotion and relegation. 

7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

:D Spot on.

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

And I really hope we as a support make Tynecastle a lot less friendly also.

3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I’ll take it on board. Now off you go back under your rock 

ignore time for this hostile poster, polluting the board with a lovely combination of  belligerence and stupidity.

BelgeJambo

She should switch her phone off, put her out of office on and let them rip each other to shreds while she lives it up on her yacht with The QCs and benefactors 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And if there is no League One or League Two we can expect a proposal for no promotion and relegation. 

With a bailout there will be leagues though 

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

We can't have a woman telling us what to do now can we? That just will not do.

If it doesn't come out of the nicotine-stained gob of a 60-year-old bloke with a blotchy red nose, comb-over and stained tie it's simply not a valid opinion we need to listen to.

3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

With a bailout there will be leagues though 

Exactly 

I believe clubs not playing - 'mothballed' or whatever is very dangerous. 

It a dangerous precedent and also affects the pyramid with the prospect of 2 years of no opportunity for promotion AND very bad feeling from clubs who could say "we can play, how can you get away with staying in league". 

If it doesn't come out of the nicotine-stained gob of a 60-year-old bloke with a blotchy red nose, comb-over and stained tie it's simply not a valid opinion we need to listen to.

More than likely that is part of it. 

Even Cosgrove, a PC, leftie, intellectual seems to think millionaire philanthropists have to be male. 

Riccarton3
12 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

ignore time for this hostile poster, polluting the board with a lovely combination of  belligerence and stupidity.

Saw him do a quick edit earlier when he realised someone had posted info  he convenient!y  omitted from a post on the same subject. All of

a sudden,there it was in his edit. Makes you wonder what the initial attempt was looking to achieve. Pathetic Hibs type trolling 

Edited by Riccarton3

She lasted one year on the SPFL board and in that time alienated the whole of Scottish football. boardrooms.

1.  Too many clubs vot for self interest and not the good of the game.  (everyone damn well knows that but did nothing)

2.  Too many clubs in the 'formal' professional set up (see above)

3. She stands by common decency

4.  She is a woman.

Her sleekit counter part from Leith appears to have gone down the route of'to compete with *****, I'll be a **** too'

14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Appeal to SFA first. 

You feel that is the one last step before legal action? That being the case this will get delayed even further (legal action) and you can see celtic playing their cards in demanding a premature fixture list!

husref musemic
21 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

i think listening to the interview she would love to hit the road now. being treated appallingly.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

More than likely that is part of it. 

Even Cosgrove, a PC, leftie, intellectual seems to think millionaire philanthropists have to be male. 

Never underestimate the influence of the pretty much all male Masons in Scottish public life.

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Her sleekit counter part from Leith appears to have gone down the route of'to compete with *****, I'll be a **** too'

She looks more like a man then some men...

:glasses2:

The great thing about the benefactors is it let's the players play. 

Sure the likes of Cosgrove would be straight in celebrating that. 

Ethan Hunt
4 hours ago, Kev1998 said:

What is the point of the benefactors filling up the enemy's war chest with cash?the hearts support will be bearing the brunt of a court case.and when we win it ,we will get compensation that will    be cushioned by the benefactors money? ?  ? 

Who says that it will be the supporters paying for it? Who said the benefactors wouldn’t? 

Fozzyonthefence
25 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Appeal to SFA first. 

And how long will they make that spin out?  Meanwhile the Premiership fixtures will no doubt be released.  This just seems like one delay after another, one piss take after another. 

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

I'm very disappointed with SC, he's always seemed to be one of the more intelligent voices in the Feckin Shambles that Scottish football is.

For a self claimed man of the people, he’s perfectly happy to have ordinary, hard working people lose their jobs at Tynecastle, just so he can have a giggle. The man is a phoney and a disgrace. Him and that other torn faced clown, Tommy Wright, have clearly spent some time together discussing Hearts, whilst drinking a pint of Bitter and Twisted.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The great thing about the benefactors is it let's the players play. 

Sure the likes of Cosgrove would be straight in celebrating that. 

If it helps get clubs playing, it helps secure many jobs, including players. Disappointed in Cosgrove.

Riccarton3
6 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

i think listening to the interview she would love to hit the road now. being treated appallingly.

The club's well-being will still be her main concern but I think she's look back and laugh in years to come at her time in amateur football. And be stronger for it.

17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Exactly 

I believe clubs not playing - 'mothballed' or whatever is very dangerous. 

It a dangerous precedent and also affects the pyramid with the prospect of 2 years of no opportunity for promotion AND very bad feeling from clubs who could say "we can play, how can you get away with staying in league". 

I get what you’re saying but I see it the way that if there are not enough lower league teams And some prem teams able to play and leagues shutdown a restructuring will be necessary which would be to our benefit or am I picking this all up wrong?

south morocco
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

And how long will they make that spin out?  Meanwhile the Premiership fixtures will no doubt be released.  This just seems like one delay after another, one piss take after another. 

I’m starting to feel the same way, maybe just frustrated 

😆 there’s a philanthropist with a dangly carrot 🥕 but nobody wants to grab it!!

Reminds me of my best friend Jock, 10 years ago he ran out screaming it’s a boy it’s a boy .... we’ve never been back to Thailand since!

TyphoonJambo

Without doubt we will, once again, be known as the team that saved scottish football. However, like all saviours, we wont be appreciated in our time. The whole Scottish set up is in a mess, it needs radical surgery and like most medicines its unpalatable. Anne is going above and beyond for what? Shes being subjected to derision, sexism and accused of self interest whilst she tries to save our sorry arses. Why does she bother? 

If it was me I'd hop aboard my yacht and tell Donkey and his neanderthal budies to ram it right up their weedgie biggotted rickers. 

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

Without doubt we will, once again, be known as the team that saved scottish football. However, like all saviours, we wont be appreciated in our time. The whole Scottish set up is in a mess, it needs radical surgery and like most medicines its unpalatable. Anne is going above and beyond for what? Shes being subjected to derision, sexism and accused of self interest whilst she tries to save our sorry arses. Why does she bother? 

If it was me I'd hop aboard my yacht and tell Donkey and his neanderthal budies to ram it right up their weedgie biggotted rickers. 

She won’t do that because she cares ..

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Reminds me of my best friend Jock, 10 years ago he ran out screaming it’s a boy it’s a boy .... we’ve never been back to Thailand since!

A story in three acts.

7 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I get what you’re saying but I see it the way that if there are not enough lower league teams And some prem teams able to play and leagues shutdown a restructuring will be necessary which would be to our benefit or am I picking this all up wrong?

Why then have Premiership teams been given a date that they can return to training, yet other clubs, including us, in the ‘lower’ divisions, who CAN fulfill a seasons worth of fixtures have not?

You surely tell all who can train, to train at the same time, then sort out the structure??

We’re being prevented, deliberately and wilfully, from being able to put a team on the park.

A restriction of trade, an impossible position.

Demoted early from the league with 24 points to play for and being 4 adrift. Now we’re not being afforded a structure to operate in by the governing body.

We’ll wipe the ****in floor with them in court. 

Edited by Whatever

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )