SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

11 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

That's when they'll least expect it. 

:D

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

south morocco

My opinion is we should now take it to court all the way. All diplomacy has been ridiculed, met with hostility and patronising comments from most sections of media, those in the game and opposition fans etc. Let’s take them to court and expose all their dirty little secrets. Sick of it

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Celtic announce they want the fixtures released now yet in a normal year they don't come out till middle of June - that tells you all you need to know about that corrupt institution - why wouldn't they wait till at least after next weeks meeting ? - their agenda is clear as it has been from the start - they fool no one 

When are the dates to be announced for the July League cup games ? oh, wait....

3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

It would be harder to justify no promotions or relegations next season given they allowed them this season. If there was to be no movement between leagues after the 20/21 season it would need to be agreed before the season starts.

I think your faith is misplaced.

1 - if we don’t kick off at the same time as the Premiership that’s telling me there’s a chance there will be no Championship campaign at all.

2 - if we’re in the Championship and don’t kick off until January, would the Premiership clubs be happy being at being relegated and replaced by a team that had played half a season? I can hear the squeals from Hamilton and Dingwall already!

For me, it’s vital both leagues commence simultaneously.

WorldChampions1902
1 minute ago, Whatever said:

I think your faith is misplaced.

1 - if we don’t kick off at the same time as the Premiership that’s telling me there’s a chance there will be no Championship campaign at all.

2 - if we’re in the Championship and don’t kick off until January, would the Premiership clubs be happy being at being relegated and replaced by a team that had played half a season? I can hear the squeals from Hamilton and Dingwall already!

For me, it’s vital both leagues commence simultaneously.

Which is why benefactors willing to inject £millions into the lower leagues to facilitate testing IS to our advantage.

Just now, WorldChampions1902 said:

Which is why benefactors willing to inject £millions into the lower leagues to facilitate testing IS to our advantage.

Agreed.

It’s stickin in the craw, I’d rather we just told them we’d see them in court but I understand the angle from which this is being played. 

niblick1874
5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

If you’re Hearts you don’t walk away. 
**** these tramps. 
Mate believe me sometimes I’d love to turn my back but I’ll never let these ***** win. 

I get it. ****, believe me, I get it. However, I can't stand by those that will not stand by me and If Hearts don't throw the kitchen sink at it they are not standing by me. It is that simple. This is not water of a ducks back for a lot of Hearts supporters. This is not just the time of day for the likes of me. I think Ann get's that. Here's hopping. 👍

57 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So if someone says something and you tell them you don’t believe them, you are saying that person told a...?

It might just be semantics, but there's a difference between someone being 'wrong' and someone being a 'liar'. 

You can say something you genuinely believe to be true which isn't because you don't know any better and be wrong. Or you can say something you know isn't true and be a liar

1 hour ago, Jambo66 said:

Scottish football should hang its head in shame. As a whole, this is a business that deserves to fail. If it wasn't football, it would fail - it might yet anyway.

Run by morons for the benefit of morons. None of these people could be trusted to run a bath. 

We need a brand new organisation to run the game. The only stipulation should be that none of the people currently "running" the game be allowed anywhere near a position of authority.

We all know that Scottish football has been f#@ked for years. It is now on a life support machine and its own members are trying to pull the plug.

Wise and sensible words! A breath of fresh air!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

WorldChampions1902

Agreed.

It’s stickin in the craw, I’d rather we just told them we’d see them in court but I understand the angle from which this is being played. 

Ann isn’t just one step ahead of these muppets, she’s a country mile. Like you, I am spoiling for a fight now. They are taking the absolute p**s.

niblick1874
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Corrupt imbeciles.

There are those as well. We have the imbeciles among us that believe the MSM to thank for those slugs. 

Ex member of the SaS

If reconstruction is dead then Ann should get the benefactors to put the money into Hearts and start court action Monday morning. We will win as we have shown we are willing to fight for the rest, and have secured funds to help them, and still they are hell bent on putting us down. Time to take off the kid gloves and start the real fight.

Guess The Crowd
20 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Mrs Budge is slowly but surely tying everyone up in knots - the football authorities, the other club boardrooms, and last but not least the media and BBC Sportsound pundits and presenters (Tom English aside). 

She's called Doncaster out today by very clearly making the point she shouldn't be the one trying to come up with reconstruction proposals and solutions to the crisis - it should be him. 

She accepted there won't be a 14-14-14 league next season, but suggested her proposal should be the start of a discussion, not the end of it. 

She has made it clear if no progress is made on reconstruction, she stops acting for the wider Scottish game and focuses only on Hearts, and we go legal. Real genuine proper self interest. 

By publicly stating there she has secured significant new free money for the professional game, no strings attached, to support clubs through the pandemic she ruined that bawbag from the Peterhead boardrooms subsequent five minutes of radio fame accusing her of self interest.

I expect Hearts to be playing in August now. I'm still concerned that will be in a second tier, and the immediate impact that will have on jobs at the club both on and off the field. No business plan can redress that loss - if that's where we'd ended up after 38 games then we'd take it no complaints, but it's an unfair impact on our clubs people after 30. Budge made that point clearly. 

In time, by due legal process, we'll be recompensed - I don't know how long that process will take, there's a few legal bods posting that might. That'll be popcorn time when some of the gobby part time clubs get presented with their bill to contribute to our total compensation. We'll be fine till then. 

👍🏼 A good summary of today. 

1 minute ago, trotter said:

It might just be semantics, but there's a difference between someone being 'wrong' and someone being a 'liar'. 

You can say something you genuinely believe to be true which isn't because you don't know any better and be wrong. Or you can say something you know isn't true and be a liar

Aye absolutely. I’ve said it loads of times “I don’t believe it” or “that can’t be right”. It’s about context though and Cosgrove said Ann’s claim of benefactors cash was ‘nonsense’ and then went on to say (I’m paraphrasing) ‘are we expected to believe there’s a guy walking about with millions of pounds in his pocket just waiting to give it to Scottish football’. He didn’t believe what Ann said was true and in fact ridiculed the very idea of it. That’s close enough to calling her a liar for me. 

BelgeJambo

It’s all gone quiet on Chairman statements 

who will be first to open their gob?

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aye absolutely. I’ve said it loads of times “I don’t believe it” or “that can’t be right”. It’s about context though and Cosgrove said Ann’s claim of benefactors cash was ‘nonsense’ and then went on to say (I’m paraphrasing) ‘are we expected to believe there’s a guy walking about with millions of pounds in his pocket just waiting to give it to Scottish football’. He didn’t believe what Ann said was true and in fact ridiculed the very idea of it. That’s close enough to calling her a liar for me. 

Well there’s a guy(?!?!) been walking about who HAS given Hearts 9 million pounds.

I’d love to dunt that cosgrove square on the jaw.

WorldChampions1902
Just now, BelgeJambo said:

Let’s enjoy the peace. They have all been put firmly back in their box after today and shown up for the imbeciles that they are.

Remember the SPFL meet the Premiership clubs on Monday to discuss Reconstruction.

Then there are other meetings with the other leagues. 

Captain Canada

Maybe Budge can find a league sponsor next week as ND is clearly never going to and make it conditional on us staying in the top flight. 

Just now, Whatever said:

Well there’s a guy(?!?!) been walking about who HAS given Hearts 9 million pounds.

Same. He’s overtaken both Charlie Nicholas and Andy Walker on the punch in the face list, which takes some doing. 

upgotheheads
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He hasn't twigged that the 'mystery benefactor' is AB herself.

2 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Haha, I know eh. Lots to say, suddenly nothing. 

I do think offering them money via the benefactors isn't right though. Not without strings. Frankly, they've shown with quotes like 'theres nothing in it for us' that they have only self interest at heart and as such aren't likely to respond positively to anything else. 

Vote us up, or the money stays in pockets. Seems the right in tune with the culture at the SPFL...

upgotheheads
Just now, GinRummy said:

Same. He’s overtaken both Charlie Nicholas and Andy Walker on the punch in the face list, which takes some doing. 

I'm very disappointed with SC, he's always seemed to be one of the more intelligent voices in the Feckin Shambles that Scottish football is.

Just now, upgotheheads said:

I'm very disappointed with SC, he's always seemed to be one of the more intelligent voices in the Feckin Shambles that Scottish football is.

Used to hear him and Cowan on supporters buses when I went to away games more. Never really liked the humour so not listened to them much over the years. 

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

100% agree. It'll be disguised as 'just a personal opinion' if anyone pulls him up for it, but you are spot on. 

manaliveits105

SC is a legend in his own mind but in reality a bitter little small club fantasist to the mind of others

DesertDawg

If this man was still at Tynecastle,

Former Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov to stand trial over ...

one of these would be sailing up the Clyde this weekend

Sierra-class submarine - Wikipedia

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Cosgrove:

"I'm a cynic when it comes to Scottish football, and I definitely don't buy into this Ann Budge thing that there's a philanthropist hingin' aboot wantin' to put his money into Scottish football. I think that's an absolute nonsense" 

He went on to say he didn't believe there was any one, (though he did say guy/him implying it was a male) that would do that. "It's no gonnae happen " 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/52800902

1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

Cosgrove:

"I'm a cynic when it comes to Scottish football, and I definitely don't buy into this Ann Budge thing that there's a philanthropist hingin' aboot wantin' to put his money into Scottish football. I think that's an absolute nonsense" 

He went on to say he didn't believe there was any one, (though he did say guy/him implying it was a male) that would do that. "It's no gonnae happen " 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/52800902

Cheers Sutol. 👍

vegas-voss
6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If we are forced into a 18 game season we win a bucketload of compensation for restraint of trade.

Not sure how it all works out or should i say will pan out but if its a majority vote thing would it stand up in court.Feels like now we are being hit with a double whammy.

27 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

If reconstruction is dead then Ann should get the benefactors to put the money into Hearts and start court action Monday morning. We will win as we have shown we are willing to fight for the rest, and have secured funds to help them, and still they are hell bent on putting us down. Time to take off the kid gloves and start the real fight.

This 

If the benefactor puts a single penny into that shit show I will be ****ing raging . 

They are taking the piss out us rotten and Ann solution is to help a benefactor make contact to help that shower of shite out . You couldn't make it up . 

She really needs to wake up and smell the coffee , they absolutely hate us and are determined to demote us at all costs . She is really staring to ****ing annoy me now and I've been one of her biggest backers in terms of sticking with her . 

The Mercer Takeover
32 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Ann isn’t just one step ahead of these muppets, she’s a country mile. Like you, I am spoiling for a fight now. They are taking the absolute p**s.

I beg to differ.

The SPFL have sold her a pup and she has lapped it all up. Has gotten absolutely nowhere so far with reconstruction.

Not getting the positivity towards Budge unfortunately. Led us to the Championship, turned us into a rotary club and has been naive, to say the least.

WorldChampions1902
2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

This 

If the benefactor puts a single penny into that shit show I will be ****ing raging . 

They are taking the piss out us rotten and Ann solution is to help a benefactor make contact to help that shower of shite out . You couldn't make it up . 

She really needs to wake up and smell the coffee , they absolutely hate us and are determined to demote us at all costs . She is really staring to ****ing annoy me now and I've been one of her biggest backers in terms of sticking with her . 

What makes you think Ann has any sway with the benefactor(s)? It’s their money so they can do whatever they want with it. Presumably same benefactor(s) have good reason for wanting to inject £millions into the lower leagues.

Edited by WorldChampions1902

WorldChampions1902
3 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

I beg to differ.

The SPFL have sold her a pup and she has lapped it all up. Has gotten absolutely nowhere so far with reconstruction.

Not getting the positivity towards Budge unfortunately. Led us to the Championship, turned us into a rotary club and has been naive, to say the least.

Has she? Aye.

flecktimus

Just went on to Jim Spence twitter time line . The abuse Anne Budge is receiving is very revealing.If I was Anne i would tell whom ever has offered the money to keep it, Scottish football dose,nt deserve any help.

Edited by flecktimus

I don't think Budge can be fairly judged until this plays out, I know this reconstruction thing has seemed like a charade but I have a feeling she is playing along and giving the SPFL a chance before she ultimately takes them to court!

Ex member of the SaS

Ann needs to wake up now. She has tried to do the SPFL's job for them and it's dead in the water. Stop fanying around and start legal action Monday morning as it's clear the main agenda is Hearts in the Championship. Everyone and their dog can see the injustice of forced demotion but none are willing to do anything about it. Time to look out for No1 and hell mend the rest if it means they go to the wall. Should we be forced into the Championship and they don't start playing games, then this is curtailing our business model and we should never allow that to happen.

Come on Ann stop the pretense and start legal action, it's the only path open to us now.

Just now, flecktimus said:

Just went on to Jim Spence twitter time line . The abuse Anne Budge is receiving is very revealing. I was Anne i would tell whom ever has offered the money to keep it, Scottish football dose,nt deserve any help.

I'm feeling the same way myself now.

BelgeJambo

The benefactor money is a real dangling carrot.

Do they take it?

Yes, Strengthens our legal case

No, absolutely ****s Scottish  Football 

IMO Ann is holding the gun right now

Let all these clubs have a big mass whip round for the good of their game like they’re all doing....................................oh wait a minute!!! 

brunoatemyhamster
8 minutes ago, gator said:

I don't think Budge can be fairly judged until this plays out, I know this reconstruction thing has seemed like a charade but I have a feeling she is playing along and giving the SPFL a chance before she ultimately takes them to court!

Think you're right. 

Think she has to exhaust every avenue to prove we've tried. 

Also shows up well as the rest haven't tried a leg. 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

Do they take it?

If they take it it effectively means championship football for us from what I can see.

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

If they take it it effectively means championship football for us from what I can see.

.... and Championship football with less compensation!!

I believe Monday will essentially be D Day, the SPL clubs will either be behind reconstruction or not, if they are which I thought they might be to avoid legal action we will know whether pressure will be put on lower league clubs to get this done! If they are not behind this there is absolutely no other options for Budge at that point other than going to court, no more delays!

Edited by gator

annushorribilis III
5 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Do they take it?

AB is waving a cheque  like a gun to the SPFL's head.

Recon does away with £300K parachute payment and gets , effectively a league sponsor (but strictly yo buy off the tin pot outfits).

Smashing. 

18 minutes ago, ramrod said:

This 

AB is trying to do the right thing. It’s the SPFL that needs to wake up and smell the coffee. If they don’t, the gloves will be off and court action will follow. Stick with her a bit longer.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )