SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Should just keep it 14-14-14.

Screw changing it back after a season or 2

How many pointless top 6 and bottom 6 fixtures are there? Playoffs makes it interesting.

Do that for all 3 leagues and you have interest

Edited by Jeff

1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

Just spoken to an #SPFL Championship chairman - and it’s a big for Ann Budge’s latest #SPFL reconstruction proposal. 6 teams relegated from the second tier after two years - what could possibly go wrong?! More on

now!

They are not thinking rationally. I have little doubt the the structure would become permanent if successful, and I see no reason why it would not be.  

3 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

A big Yes our a big No

A big thumbs down

Edit: basically not confident of finishing 11th or higher 2 seasons in a row

Edited by IronJambo

Berra than you
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Ta

So any club can, in theory, recruit amateurs or very low paid players to see them through. No excuses imo

Did we not do this for Dylan Bikey under cathro? Just so Hibs couldn't sign him 

David McCaig
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Ta

So any club can, in theory, recruit amateurs or very low paid players to see them through. No excuses imo

Yes absolutely.

Well if the proposals were rejected, I really hope we put as many clubs out of business with our court action!

20 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

See how easy it is to come up with amazing ideas?

Give yourself a 360k pay rise. 

You've worked harder than Doncaster.

It even fits better with the structure below the league as well and would allow for both non league champions to be promoted without a playoff.

will-i-am-a-jambo
7 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Just spoken to an #SPFL Championship chairman - and it’s a big for Ann Budge’s latest #SPFL reconstruction proposal. 6 teams relegated from the second tier after two years - what could possibly go wrong?! More on

now!

This isn't aimed at you specifically but did the proposal not say that they would review the leagues after the 2 years? Looks like people haven't actually read the proposal and are reporting a negative slant as it's big bad Hearts making it.

Turkishcap

So we go to court and in the meantime clubs drop like fly`s and before the court action is over the spfl have to invite us back to make up the numbers....possible?

The buffoons will rue the day this was all rushed and the small minds will also look back from outside their padlocked gates and think "If only we had listened"

The Internet

Is that really their sole reason for being against it? :lol: **** me, Scottish football is the pits. 

What an absolute shitshow Scottish football is.

Diddies in the Premiership desperate for Old Firm fans to fill their ground.

Diddies in the Championship worried about potential relegation in 2 years time despite shedding squads now because they can’t afford to operate.

Burn the whole ****in lot to the ground.

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I am well aware of what a QC is and what level of experience they require to have in dealing with extremely complex cases.  So, as I said, I’d rather have legal opinion from a QC rather than a lawyer.

Now, you evaded my question. In what way was the legal opinion of two QC’s, one junior and one senior, not very convincing?  

In context by lawyer I  meant QC. I repeat a QC is a lawyer. I think only one of the authors was a QC but that is a detail. I have read many QCs opinions and it was that which led to my comment. It reads to me like a summary or extract so there may well  be more to it e.g. in assessing alternative arguments which would normally be included. My basic point is that QCs are far from infallible and they tend to lean towards what their paying clients want to hear. In my experience. 

alwaysthereinspirit

So rather than risk possibly being demoted 2 full seasons from now, we'll just say no now and more than likely become a Norwegian Blue.

**** them all. Cant see the forest for the trees. 

"your honour,  I'd like to start by calling Dumb Ass Doncaster to the stand"

20 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Hamilton about to go bust?

I want at least 1 double yolk first, Hamilton and St Johnstone for example, then a few clubs going out 1 by 1 then maybe a tri-buster to finish.  Appealing.

To answer your question though, I think it's shrouded at the moment unless someone else knows better.  Hopefully.

Heartsmad1874

Elgin chairman says "Some of us are hanging on threads at the moment, so it is hard enough without worrying about reconstruction“, wonder how the thread will look when we take court action.

Riccarton3

Is this 6 teams relegated threat removed if the clubs vote to maintain 14 x 3 after 2 years?

Edited by Riccarton3

Stuart Lyon

Is Hamilton's decision not to sell STs this year a result of their alleged precarious financial position?

Edited by Stuart Lyon

7 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Stenhousemuir and Elgin 😂😂😂. They’ll not even end up playing football till next again season,  if ever again and probably have a turnover akin to your local fish and chip shop. What a feckin’ caper this is. 

Edited by GinRummy

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I worry that we’re in an echo chamber here and people are telling themselves what they want to hear:

That Rangers’ dossier would be explosive (it wasn’t)

That reconstruction might save us (it didn’t)

That a second attempt at reconstruction might save us (it won’t)

That we’ll land the whole league with a huge bill by winning in court (it could be us who pick up the tab).

I’m still not convinced Ann will take this to court. I think she’ll see the ensuing mess as counter productive. Only my opinion though 

I would hold this proposal for a few weeks before a bit more clarity on whether clubs are willing to play to whatever plan to start the season.

Certainly the Stenhousemuir Chairman on radio today said that is his preference that we don't know what league will look like. He also says he wants to wait to know how Premiership clubs will vote. They wasted time on it previously then Premiership clubs just ditched it.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Is this 6 teams relegated threat removed if the cubs vote to maintain 14 x 3?

Yup.

David McCaig
24 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

now!

It should be pointed out that this particular tweet was actually posted early this morning, yet seems to be getting reposted as if its breaking news.

ToadKiller Dog
18 minutes ago, gavin1985 said:

Well if the proposals were rejected, I really hope we put as many clubs out of business with our court action!

We wont have too ,many are going to put themselves out if business with the toy town mentality they hold .

Jambof3tornado

This was never going to get support lower down the leagues. I'd liked to have seen how the top flight would have voted if they didnt know it was already dead in the water.

Clubs need to wake up to the fact that many cant afford behind closed door matches. Many wont play at all until fans can return.

Riccarton3
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup.

So, they are horrified by something they have control over as any return to the current set up requires clubs to vote it through...

There must be a bit I am missing.

4 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I can see a future headline there "Elgin An'(in) Tatters"

"Elgin lose their marbles"? ;)

Edited by redjambo

kingantti1874

If the premiership teams are behind this then it won’t vanish of the agenda until it’s over the line. The diddy teams will fall

into line..

in fact I’d go as far as to say if rangers, Celtic and aberdeen are behind it then it will stay on the agenda

williamgerrard

Sorry but now is the time we get budge to fcuk get someone who knows what there doing .Ann i thank you for saving us but nows the time to go shes made to many mistakes 

27 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

A big Yes our a big No

Indeed of all the words to leave out.

Just now, williamgerrard said:

Sorry but now is the time we get budge to fcuk get someone who knows what there doing .Ann i thank you for saving us but nows the time to go shes made to many mistakes 

Dear oh dear.

The plan was never going to go through but it's an absolute disgrace diddy clubs like Stenhousemuir, Brechin, Elgin etc, who have contributed **** all ever, have such a say in our game.

Wee ****ers should be telt what's happening and that's it.

🤣

Hungry hippo
1 minute ago, williamgerrard said:

What would you suggest doing right now?

:D Now is exactly not the time to bid farewell to Ann Budge and her benefactors.

16 minutes ago, Whatever said:

What an absolute shitshow Scottish football is.

Diddies in the Premiership desperate for Old Firm fans to fill their ground.

Diddies in the Championship worried about potential relegation in 2 years time despite shedding squads now because they can’t afford to operate.

Burn the whole ****in lot to the ground.

👍🔥🔥🔥

kingantti1874

Whilst I understand where this is coming from it’s a very bad ide if we are dependent on her benefactors.. which if there is no football we absolutely are..

also she’s done nothing wrong in this regard, clear she has tried very hard to do the best for hearts and the leagues

ToadKiller Dog
1 minute ago, williamgerrard said:

Yeah and she can take her benefactors with her .smart move .

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Is this 6 teams relegated threat removed if the cubs vote to maintain 14 x 3?

Yup. They are also completely ignoring the potential opportunity a temporary  change to 3 leagues would give their clubs. Elgin finished 3rd in League Two, they would actually benefit from this by moving to just two promotions from the Premiership. With a bit of luck and ambition they, or any other club willing to make a go of it, say Edinburgh or Cove, could conceivably find themselves in the Premiership at the end of it. Instead we get the typical Scottish attitude of accentuating the negative. 

Friday could Be more important after the Scottish government meeting with the SFA to get more info on the route map back to live games

David McCaig
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

If the premiership teams are behind this then it won’t vanish of the agenda until it’s over the line. The diddy teams will fall

into line..

in fact I’d go as far as to say if rangers, Celtic and aberdeen are behind it then it will stay on the agenda

The question I keep asking is what is the mechanism for mothballing divisions?

Is it not itself a form of reconstruction and if we needed a vote to end this season, would it not require a vote to delay or not play the next season.

If the lower league sides want to play silly buggers, make them play from July in the BetFred Cup, followed by a full league season.

williamgerrard
1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

Dear oh dear.

Why ? Im sick to the back teeth of here costing us shes far to weak get someone in who wont mess about and demand what the fans want budge time is up she can leave with that other rat levein 

11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I worry that we’re in an echo chamber here and people are telling themselves what they want to hear:

That Rangers’ dossier would be explosive (it wasn’t)

That reconstruction might save us (it didn’t)

That a second attempt at reconstruction might save us (it won’t)

That we’ll land the whole league with a huge bill by winning in court (it could be us who pick up the tab).

I’m still not convinced Ann will take this to court. I think she’ll see the ensuing mess as counter productive. Only my opinion though 

It’s balanced, fair and realistic.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )