SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Clubs should only get a vote if they can confirm their readiness to play closed door games in August. 

I'd go a step further and suggest that clubs that vote for the proposal should be invited to take the place of those clubs in the premiership who vote against.

The sooner Scottish football gets rid of these small minded anti football tinpot shitty little clubs the better.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

2 hours ago, indianajones said:

We will be fine regardless of what league we play in.  

I want as many clubs heads on sticks for this farce. Impale their crests on the plaza forever more. 

That's the bottom line, bud. 

No matter how this pans out, we will be fine. 

The support will make sure of it. 

The finest football club on earth and, without a doubt, a fan base to match. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Strange way of looking at it. They were playing Falkirk, Raith, Airdrie, Dumbarton this season - next season they’ll be playing Brechin, Albion Rovers, Stenhousemuir.  They have been put down a league while Cove and Edinburgh City have been promoted - but you’re effectively saying these 2 have been promoted 2 leagues, if you’re saying the rest of the League 2 teams have been promoted! 

Anyway, we’re not going to agree on it so I’m saying no more on it. 

Which do you think is better for Stranraer? Being in the 4th tier (now) or the 3rd tier (reconstruction)? Either way they're in the bottom league but after reconstruction they could be in the Premiership in two seasons if they do a Gretna for example. With no reconstruction they'd need 3 years.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Which do you think is better for Stranraer? Being in the 4th tier (now) or the 3rd tier (reconstruction)? Either way they're in the bottom league but after reconstruction they could be in the Premiership in two seasons if they do a Gretna for example. With no reconstruction they'd need 3 years.

And with no relegation, also only 2 years.

I’m definitely off now but here’s the link to Clyde’s statement a couple of weeks ago with their thoughts on the proposal to relegate them to the bottom tier.  I’d imagine Stranraer, etc would have similar views.  Pretty clear what they think is better for them. 

https://m.clydefc.co.uk/news/2020/05/11/6418/

I’m raging that Ann budge has been left to try and sort out this whole shitshow.

Doncaster and his cronies will be laughing like feck that they didn’t have to do what they are paid to do.Like do what is best for all their members , if it goes tits up now it’s all Hearts fault .

annushorribilis III
4 minutes ago, obua said:

I’m raging that Ann budge has been left to try and sort out this whole shitshow.

Doncaster and his cronies will be laughing like feck that they didn’t have to do what they are paid to do.Like do what is best for all their members , if it goes tits up now it’s all Hearts fault .

I agree - but she did it and she told them what happens next if they don't go for it.

And if they don't go for it ? 

Doncaster & his board are in total charge of the shit sandwich  heading the clubs  way. It's huge and there's enough for everyone. No one will go hungry.  

Unknown user

That's as good a proposal as we could expect I reckon.

I'm happy, if it gets voted down we go to war knowing we tried the easy way and they brought this on themselves. 

Jamboelite
2 hours ago, 1874jrs said:

This proposal will pass or fail depending on the old firm especially Celtic. 

I dont think the OF care this unfortunately is down to the shitty wee clubs and they are going to knock it back.

And then goto the wall.

3 hours ago, OTT said:

Dave Cormack:  “We’ve consistently said we don’t believe major and permanent league reconstruction should be carried out in the midst of this crisis''

Why? There isn't a better time to have a genuine conversation about this. We need decisions to be made without the emotion of the regular football season fuelling it. I know he's being supportive of our efforts, but christ man. 

More teams permanently can only help weaker teams offering them much needed safety and stability. These are the teams that actually push youngsters along. Hamilton have given the Dons Ferguson and St Mirren Maclean. More stability can only mean good things in the long term. 

he did say happy with a temporary reconstruction but that’s what allegedly is putting off championship teams

Geoff Kilpatrick
18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's as good a proposal as we could expect I reckon.

I'm happy, if it gets voted down we go to war knowing we tried the easy way and they brought this on themselves. 

Exactly

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It never was the old firm, as long as the system keeps them at the top they are fine. Not long after the first vote, I saw someone make the point is that the SPFL needs to be run by one person at the top rather than every club voting on each decision, and after all this (providing its the right person in charge) I cant say that I disagree with that. Club self-interest holds Scotland back as every club votes on narrow short term self-interest, meaning there is no long term plan, just "whats in it for me." Big change that brings about success in the long term, well if it means next season a club gets £20,000 less (even if changes could bring a big increase in revenue in 3 years time) then the club will vote against it.

As I said, Strachan showed little tact in his words which wound up lower league clubs but fundamentally he is right, smallest league two clubs have too much power over much bigger clubs and its not about stopping little clubs being mistreated. You can see it in the attitude towards the pyramid as League two should have an automatic promotion/relegation from Pyramid but instead it is a play-off because quite a few league two clubs know that there are Lowland League and Highland League clubs who are much better in ability, support and infrastructure who really deserve to be there but some lowland clubs like to protect their position.

Its immensely frustrating because we're not stupid. There are plenty of people within the game that do genuinely want to improve the game. Strachan is bang on for the reasons you highlight. 

Perhaps its simply a case of mustering the truly professional clubs and breaking away (again). The short sighted self interest of all chairmen is becoming an insurmountable issue when voting for change. I think its indisputable that Scottish football is badly run. However, chairmen are so risk averse that taking the risks we need to take to actually get Scottish football off its knees is impossible. 

I've posted this a few times but we need to recognise something. Football isn't a community, not in the together sense of the word. Perhaps at amateur level, but not at SPFL level. They are rival businesses competing in the market and will not look after one another. We need to move away from collectivist decision making. Torpedoing a vote is too easy and this is because we're out of sync with our structure. We're not a community in practise, but our voting system suggests we think we are. I think the role clubs play in the governing body needs reduced to a much lesser level (McArthur at Dunfermlines behaviour highlights this). We need to push for an elected CEO by the clubs. Self interest will still dictate their vote, but democracy in this sense works. This pseudo-committee democracy is ridiculous. Let someone pitch their ideas to the clubs and be elected on that mandate. Simple majorities, this isn't rocket science. 

Think about the changes that could be made by an ambitious CEO with a clear plan of attack. Barry Hearn made tons of valid points which I think echo the feelings of many fans across Scotland (moving away from this obsession with the OF for a start, marketing the other clubs is crucial to the leagues long term health, the OF are big enough). Having someone who can deliver their vision unimpeded by the clubs constant bickering and nonsense votes would be incredible. 

Yes, there absolutely are flaws to what i'm suggesting but we've been doing the same thing for the last 30+ years and we've not seen hide nor hair of a major international competition in over 20 years, Celtic are on course for 10 successive titles, clubs can't afford to retain any youngster with a flicker of talent and we have one of the worst TV deals in Europe. Maybe to succeed we need to actually think differently rather than continuing to smack our heads off the wall pretending we're still relevant. Summer football for arguments sake would make a huge change to our game, give fans something to do during the summer (y'know when beer gardens and good weather are a thing) and crucially remove us from being in direct competition with the big 5 leagues for TV time. But due to our nonsensical voting system this can never happen. See why there is a need for someone to come in and just say 'this is the plan, toe the ****ing line'?

2 hours ago, 12XU said:

I Would think the “4” big teams in Scotland have already agreed this as a way forward ( Glasgow x 2 , Hearts , Aberdeen ) - it’s the lesser so called big teams that will have an issue with taking Scottish Football forward.

Some of these clubs have to be careful what they wish for.

Strachan's views on what is deemed a professional game makes perfect sense.

It's a big if, but if 4 of the top are in agreement, the next set of reconstruction might just be a breakaway aligned to what Strachan indicates and the day of leaving the professional set up may be a lot quicker than eventually being overtaken by the Junior clubs.

I haven't been following this thread closely for the last day or so, but this news about the benefactors agreeing to back us for five years, if true, changes how I now think things will play out here.

Ann's new proposals will almost certainly fail. I actually gave them much more chance of succeeding than the previous discussions given that so many clubs now have their backs to the wall. However, there are just far too many clubs with too many differing views and aspirations to give the new proposals any chance of success.

The thing that has changed for me is that I no longer think we will pursue the legal option. The most likely scenario involving the benefactors, in my mind anyway, is that they will have said something to Ann along the lines of "Look, we know it's an injustice, we know that you are right and they are wrong. However, if you take the SPFL to court, particularly now, it could be disastrous for Scottish football and for many clubs, as well as leaving us as the arch enemies for a long time to come. So, we'll be the ones to give you the money that you need to survive in the lower division, for as long as it takes. While other clubs are sinking around you, we'll keep Hearts afloat and allow you time to rebuild."

I personally would have preferred legal action, but I think we'll play the long game.

Geoff Kilpatrick
54 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I haven't been following this thread closely for the last day or so, but this news about the benefactors agreeing to back us for five years, if true, changes how I now think things will play out here.

Ann's new proposals will almost certainly fail. I actually gave them much more chance of succeeding than the previous discussions given that so many clubs now have their backs to the wall. However, there are just far too many clubs with too many differing views and aspirations to give the new proposals any chance of success.

The thing that has changed for me is that I no longer think we will pursue the legal option. The most likely scenario involving the benefactors, in my mind anyway, is that they will have said something to Ann along the lines of "Look, we know it's an injustice, we know that you are right and they are wrong. However, if you take the SPFL to court, particularly now, it could be disastrous for Scottish football and for many clubs, as well as leaving us as the arch enemies for a long time to come. So, we'll be the ones to give you the money that you need to survive in the lower division, for as long as it takes. While other clubs are sinking around you, we'll keep Hearts afloat and allow you time to rebuild."

I personally would have preferred legal action, but I think we'll play the long game.

I hope to God you are wrong. I will be :seething: if we don't go to court.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

I get this view but I still think we should try to get compensation, and go to court for it if needed. The thing that bugs me the most is that other teams are going to benefit financially at our expense. That's simply not right and 3-4m or whatever it would take is an amount the top clubs could pay even if it harms their finances for a season.

The real injustice is that Hearts, Stranraer and Partick in particular stand to lose huge amounts of money while teams like D Utd, Celtic, Aberdeen, Well, Hamilton and the other teams in relegation zones benefit. The financial pain of ending the league early should be spread between all clubs, not just the ones that happened by a quirk of fate to be bottom when the league was called.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

She didn’t need to mention the French case going to court and it being avoidable here but she chose to.

Mentioning the benefactors was, imo, a heads up that we can afford to take it to court. Mentioning the FOH recent numbers was, imo, a heads up that the fans demand she takes it to court.

She’d look mightily foolish if she backs down once her proposal fails.

I think and hope you’re well wide of the mark on this one.

Edited by Whatever

maroonedinoz
7 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Yep, couldn't give a solitary **** about the vote or what league we're in. We'll be fine whatever. 

Just want legal action that ends the existence of several shitty nothing clubs now.

I'm a long way from the fray so forgive my ignorance, but how would us taking legal action ...énd the existence of several shitty nothing clubs'?

Genuine question.

Edited by maroonedinoz

It is going to end up in a shocking court case which could put an end to a lot of clubs and the careers of footballers, administrators and will chase the fans away in hordes for good.

The opportunity is there for the members of the gang of thieves to fix an outrageous wrong.

If they don't approve this last chance to reconstruct and save the game here, then they are useless and deserve what is coming.

I am sure it will not be pleasant but Hearts have to get this corrected in the courts if a number of these foolish football people who are currently in positions of power, turn away from this very decent proposal from Hearts, then there is no saving them.

Hearts winning in court, with costs and damages awarded, will finish off the treacherous clowns in the SPFL for a long time to come....never to return.

Edited by rogers

Geoff Kilpatrick
28 minutes ago, maroonedinoz said:

I'm a long way from the fray so forgive my ignorance, but how would us taking legal action ...énd the existence of several shitty nothing clubs'?

Genuine question.

When they are indirectly hit with a bill from us winning the court case.

Austin MacGlee
4 hours ago, OTT said:

Its immensely frustrating because we're not stupid. There are plenty of people within the game that do genuinely want to improve the game. Strachan is bang on for the reasons you highlight. 

Perhaps its simply a case of mustering the truly professional clubs and breaking away (again). The short sighted self interest of all chairmen is becoming an insurmountable issue when voting for change. I think its indisputable that Scottish football is badly run. However, chairmen are so risk averse that taking the risks we need to take to actually get Scottish football off its knees is impossible. 

I've posted this a few times but we need to recognise something. Football isn't a community, not in the together sense of the word. Perhaps at amateur level, but not at SPFL level. They are rival businesses competing in the market and will not look after one another. We need to move away from collectivist decision making. Torpedoing a vote is too easy and this is because we're out of sync with our structure. We're not a community in practise, but our voting system suggests we think we are. I think the role clubs play in the governing body needs reduced to a much lesser level (McArthur at Dunfermlines behaviour highlights this). We need to push for an elected CEO by the clubs. Self interest will still dictate their vote, but democracy in this sense works. This pseudo-committee democracy is ridiculous. Let someone pitch their ideas to the clubs and be elected on that mandate. Simple majorities, this isn't rocket science. 

Think about the changes that could be made by an ambitious CEO with a clear plan of attack. Barry Hearn made tons of valid points which I think echo the feelings of many fans across Scotland (moving away from this obsession with the OF for a start, marketing the other clubs is crucial to the leagues long term health, the OF are big enough). Having someone who can deliver their vision unimpeded by the clubs constant bickering and nonsense votes would be incredible. 

Yes, there absolutely are flaws to what i'm suggesting but we've been doing the same thing for the last 30+ years and we've not seen hide nor hair of a major international competition in over 20 years, Celtic are on course for 10 successive titles, clubs can't afford to retain any youngster with a flicker of talent and we have one of the worst TV deals in Europe. Maybe to succeed we need to actually think differently rather than continuing to smack our heads off the wall pretending we're still relevant. Summer football for arguments sake would make a huge change to our game, give fans something to do during the summer (y'know when beer gardens and good weather are a thing) and crucially remove us from being in direct competition with the big 5 leagues for TV time. But due to our nonsensical voting system this can never happen. See why there is a need for someone to come in and just say 'this is the plan, toe the ****ing line'?

You are correct. 100% agree with all of this and couldn't have put it better myself.

Ann has come up with a sound proposal, unfortunately the task she was set was virtually impossible from the outset. 

I guess that if it fails, then at least we can advance to the legal stage of this whole saga. 

It'll also be intriguing how they handle teams in the Championship who want to mothball, when say Falkirk or Partick want to play. You could make a case that if you won't compete, then you effectively relegate yourself in favour of a team that will. 

David McCaig
9 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

Ann has come up with a sound proposal, unfortunately the task she was set was virtually impossible from the outset. 

I guess that if it fails, then at least we can advance to the legal stage of this whole saga. 

It'll also be intriguing how they handle teams in the Championship who want to mothball, when say Falkirk or Partick want to play. You could make a case that if you won't compete, then you effectively relegate yourself in favour of a team that will. 

I struggle to understand the idea that Championship clubs are negotiating from a position of strength when the majority of clubs are refusing to play a full season.

Surely the SPFL board should be making clear that if they vote down reconstruction the expectation is that football resumes on June 10 and refusal to play = resigning membership of the League.

David McCaig
28 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

When they are indirectly hit with a bill from us winning the court case.

Sky could also call their bluff and claim their rebate.

30 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

Clubs that refuse to play should forfeit their membership.

As a member club and stakeholder, they are obligated through membership to play football. If they don't want to play the games then they must be expelled and replaced when and how necessary. Surely the SPFL have a rule to that effect but, wait a minute, maybe not..it's such a poorly run organisation. 

Hearts can be among the first of the clubs to propose expulsions...after all very few had any concerns on expelling Hearts from the SPL

I would think that clubs who don''t want to play are basically throwing in the towel anyway and likely will fold and their few fans they had would have migrated to other clubs as supporters.

If Mrs. Budge's reconstruction proposals are not supported, then no point in being the nice guys anymore. Not many SPFL club bosses have been openly supportive of Hearts and some even making jokes about the club and, in one or two cases, have said Hearts deserve to go down. Hearts would deserve to go down if they finished bottom after a full league schedule has been completed. With eight games to play the decision to expel was wrong as we all know the original resolution failed as Dundee actually voted NO and that should have been final....and that, among other nasty things, is what will be determined in our favour by the courts. I have no doubts on that.

Edited by rogers

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
8 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I agree with this completely.

However, after all this, regardless of the outcome, a serious review the footballing performance has to take place because we were awful for 18 months and were deservedly bottom. 

Given our budget and the players we have the performances and results, regardless of injuries, have been truly awful. That cannot be swept under the carpet. 

yes absolutely, not good enough that we were bottom for most of the time from mid December to mid March. We should never have been in a position given our budget and stature of club to be demoted and there are fundamental questions as to how we got there. It’s a separate issue from the principle that we shouldn’t be demoted because we were bottom at the point the season was curtailed, astonishing how fans of other clubs, pundits, the St Mirren chairman and manager, and even some Hearts fans can’t separate the two 

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

yes absolutely, not good enough that we were bottom for most of the time from mid December to mid March. We should never have been in a position given our budget and stature of club to be demoted and there are fundamental questions as to how we got there. It’s a separate issue from the principle that we shouldn’t be demoted because we were bottom at the point the season was curtailed, astonishing how fans of other clubs, pundits, the St Mirren chairman and manager, and even some Hearts fans can’t separate the two 

CORRECT

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Just as long as we can separate the two when this is all over. I can already see attempts to whitewash Budge’s role in us being dreadful.

Realistically, it looks like we’re heading to court. Which is going to cost someone a fair amount of money (potentially us tbf)

Walter Bishop

There is not a chance this will get passed, You only have to read fans of other clubs on Twitter and most of these clubs will listen to thier fans. 

Legal proceedings are only way forward and I really, really hope it leads to the end of many of these clubs. 

Captain Canada

It's possibly irrelevant how the lower league clubs vote on this just now. Very soon we'll have a situation where probably less than 20 teams are able to start the season BCD in August. 

The SPFL should be seeking urgent clarification on that now with a deadline given before any vote takes place. If there are say four teams outside the premier who want to play and are able to, not finding a place for them could lead to more court action potentially. 

The SPFL needs to step up now and do everything it can to make sure every club that can play from August has a viable league to play in. 

My worry is they'll rush through a vote, which won't pass, and then the landscape will change again completely a week later. 

Edited by Captain Canada

LarrysRightFoot
13 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

There is not a chance this will get passed, You only have to read fans of other clubs on Twitter and most of these clubs will listen to thier fans. 

Legal proceedings are only way forward and I really, really hope it leads to the end of many of these clubs. 

I’m not saying it will pass but if it was Hibs or Celtic etc. in our position an element of our fan base would doing and saying the same and trying press the club into voting it down. 

I don’t think Ann would listen to them, every club has moronic and spiteful elements to their support.

FWIW I work with a Celtic fan and an Aberdeen fan and they have both consistently said from the moment football stopped the league should be expanded and relegation is unfair 

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

jambopilms

It will be voted against by a number of the lower league clubs, who will then declare they can afford to start the season.

Strachan was right, these shite part time teams should have no say on how we do business. Ann has given them a way to find their level but the won't do it for the good of others.

Set it all on fire and start a new organisation with full time teams.

I’m still of the opinion that if it’s a 75% vote requirement, then it’s as good as already passed. If it is 11-1 it’s ****ed.

I still think it’s a pretty excellent proposal too. It highlights some stark realities to a few of the clubs who would happily vote it down if they were financially sound for the coming season/s.

Vote for this, and by its very nature, you will be in a division that best suits your needs to survive the next two years of nuclear winter.

Vote for this and HMFC along with FoH and benefactor assistance, will provide test kits, hub facilities like changing rooms and a pitch to play on, and cold hard cash.

Don't vote for this and we go after compensation as well as our parachute payment. This at a time when your income streams are already about as solid as Casper’s arse.

Don't vote for this and you will get **** all help from us, as our considerable resources will be kept in house only, to protect ourselves.

A_A wehatethehibs

The funny thing is, this proposal is the only thing that even remotely resembles any sort of plan to get through the crisis. 

Nothing else has been tabled by anyone other the motion to "give sellick the title and get hearts doon, yous deserve it" without the league being completed. 

2 hours ago, Whatever said:

She didn’t need to mention the French case going to court and it being avoidable here but she chose to.

Mentioning the benefactors was, imo, a heads up that we can afford to take it to court. Mentioning the FOH recent numbers was, imo, a heads up that the fans demand she takes it to court.

She’d look mightily foolish if she backs down once her proposal fails.

I think and hope you’re well wide of the mark on this one.

exactly how I see it also.  Basically we have the backing to take you on and our support has demanded it.

It’s a huge factor in why I increased my FOH and put in a small donation as well. I’ll continue to do so if we go down this line

6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I’m still of the opinion that if it’s a 75% vote requirement, then it’s as good as already passed. If it is 11-1 it’s ****ed.

I still think it’s a pretty excellent proposal too. It highlights some stark realities to a few of the clubs who would happily vote it down if they were financially sound for the coming season/s.

Vote for this, and by its very nature, you will be in a division that best suits your needs to survive the next two years of nuclear winter.

Vote for this and HMFC along with FoH and benefactor assistance, will provide test kits, hub facilities like changing rooms and a pitch to play on, and cold hard cash.

Don't vote for this and we go after compensation as well as our parachute payment. This at a time when your income streams are already about as solid as Casper’s arse.

Don't vote for this and you will get **** all help from us, as our considerable resources will be kept in house only, to protect ourselves.

I think even if it’s 75% it will get rejected out of hand. This is Scottish football and if there’s an easier route to take it will be avoided.

Premiership clubs will see this as an opportunity to ‘teach us a lesson’.  Championship clubs will see us as a cash cow, filling their away ends when spectators return.

I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

4 hours ago, redjambo said:

At the end of the day I and I suspect most Hearts supporters now don’t give a flying feck for what the rest of the clubs think about us. Ann Budge has put together a clear plan to navigate the game though this crisis. If the diddy clubs don’t like it that’s their problem. We go to court and if that sees some go to the wall then that’s been their decision that’s led to that. Only Hearts for me.

Edited by Deevers

6 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I think even if it’s 75% it will get rejected out of hand. This is Scottish football and if there’s an easier route to take it will be avoided.

Premiership clubs will see this as an opportunity to ‘teach us a lesson’.  Championship clubs will see us as a cash cow, filling their away ends when spectators return.

Will be interesting to see if Doncaster and his board put the same effort into backing this vote as the last one. 

Just now, Koolkeith said:

Will be interesting to see if Doncaster and his board put the same effort into backing this vote as the last one. 

Oh I think Doncaster will favour this. 100%. Court action is the last thing he wants.

Its the small minded, petty attitudes of those running the clubs that are the problem. I fear there are too many of those involved with Scottish clubs to overcome.

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I don’t think the Championship clubs will vote against because they see us a cash cow - there’s going to be little or no fans at games this season.  They’re going to vote against because potentially 6 of them will get relegated in 2 seasons time and possibly to stop ICT going up. 

I don’t think there is actually any kind of set up that would get through our ridiculous voting set up but if there was I think it would have to involve 4 leagues, not 3.  But we may end up with reconstruction forced on the clubs and only 2 leagues. 

Billybuffjaw
13 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

It's a disgrace that it's fallen on Budge to put so much work into two proposals when it should  be Doncaster's job. 

I think it's a fair and sensible document but still expect it to be dismissed as early as tonight by self-serving clubs. 

It's fallen on Budge for a blatantly obvious reason, if we were second bottom when this all kicked off she would be as anonymous as everyone else. I hope and prey this will be accepted but as a betting man I'd back my house on it being thrown out.

2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Some of them don't seem to realise that there may not be fans allowed at their grounds for several months at least and that when fans are allowed back it won't be in the numbers allowed last season and certainly won't allow for a "full" away end. These same clubs also don't seem to realise they might not be able to field a team or even survive till January with no income. 

More fool them! 

As Ann says in the proposal this is (or at least should be considered) an emergency situation. 

Some of the voices we hear seem to be like passengers on the Titanic moving deck chairs to get a better look at the iceberg.

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Oh I think Doncaster will favour this. 100%. Court action is the last thing he wants.

Its the small minded, petty attitudes of those running the clubs that are the problem. I fear there are too many of those involved with Scottish clubs to overcome.

I fear you’re right and feel it’ll not come close to being carried. 

At first I was optimistic perhaps naive.  It’s blatantly obvious that the short sighted selfish clubs can’t wait to vote this into oblivion.  I really don’t want to be like this but I hope the whole game comes tumbling down around their ears.  The pure hatred that is being directed our way is incredible.  What’s also incredible is how the people who are meant to be running the game are sitting back letting all this take place.  How on earth is it left to Ann Budge on her own to come up with a plan to move forward from this crisis???  How the hell is that not the responsibility of the SPFL??  Is that not supposed to be their actual job???  Really is incredible.  Get the vote started and let them shoot it down and end this comedy show and let’s get court proceedings underway and cause as much chaos as possible.  

Paint the town maroon

Does anyone know what happens today? 

I assume it’s a proposal for SPFL board to review and then agree next steps eg EGM vote?

Or in the magic world of SPFL making things up - can the board turn it down or strongly recommend it?

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Brown1982 said:

At first I was optimistic perhaps naive.  It’s blatantly obvious that the short sighted selfish clubs can’t wait to vote this into oblivion.  I really don’t want to be like this but I hope the whole game comes tumbling down around their ears.  The pure hatred that is being directed our way is incredible.  What’s also incredible is how the people who are meant to be running the game are sitting back letting all this take place.  How on earth is it left to Ann Budge on her own to come up with a plan to move forward from this crisis???  How the hell is that not the responsibility of the SPFL??  Is that not supposed to be their actual job???  Really is incredible.  Get the vote started and let them shoot it down and end this comedy show and let’s get court proceedings underway and cause as much chaos as possible.  

Absolutely!

8 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I’m as surprised as anyone at my positive optimistic outlook here. I am just trying to look at it through the eyes of someone who is running a Scottish Football club right now... they must be aware of the shitstorm that is coming by now? Surely there’s none of them that still think getting one up Hearts is more important than the actual survival of their club? See if I was a Chairman or CEO of a lower league club, or even half of the Premiership, I’d be very nervous about my club’s future right now. Some of these wee clubs in the Bush Leagues have habitual supports, and if they have to shit down for a season or worse, there is a very good chance they will not bother coming back again, once that habit is broken.

If it’s 11-1, then yes, I agree. Not a chance.

BelgeJambo
11 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Would love to know who the benefactors are? 

I would, but their anonymity is best being preserved imo

Their reputations would be destroyed quickly if they were known by some on here

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )