SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Ethan Hunt
32 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

But its what you need to win leagues. 

It's the template. 

I thought the template was money?

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

One of the greatest ever kickback threads.😂 It was right after we got thumped off spurs.  The thread title was Gomes Gloves I think. 

Best team I’ve ever seen at Tynecastle. Will have a look.

3 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

One of the greatest ever kickback threads.😂 It was right after we got thumped off spurs.  The thread title was Gomes Gloves I think. 

gomes's shirt

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely frightening that first half. 

One day,   who knows when,   we'll get things right on the pitch and in the boardroom.    A club of our size and with the number of supporters we have will be in a position where we are viewed as what we are.    There's an awful lot of no-mark people at no-mark clubs who are currently acting delusionally that they are our masters,   betters,   greaters,   etc.

We need to get back one day and restore a natural order over these rancid little *****.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Definitely took their foot off the pedal, you can’t play football at Tynecastle though against a team that just hoofs it away apparently.

Oddly enough, the 4x a season set up was credited, back then, with making Aberdeen and United's titles possible.

The theory being that the OF were now taking points of each other twice more than usual and also had to face the 'new firm' 8 times. Add in 4 games against other decent Premier teams, as opposed to 2x against lowly clubs in the old Division 1, and the theory looks sound. 

It's long since turned full circle now, however. 

If it was entirely up to me we'd have an 18 club top flight with 2 points for a win. Three automatic relegation/promotions to and from an 18 club 2nd tier and so on down through regionalized non league structures.

Not going to happen, obviously, but a temporary 18 or 20 club top flight would allow all those who can play behind closed doors from August to do so. The rest can hibernate if that's their choice/necessity. 

colinmaroon

Look, there's a 2nd wave coming, further confirmed by the arrogant elitism of the UK government, and so there will not be a full season in any league.

Those who reckoned the quick fix of demoting Hearts and Partick would save them are in for a very nasty shock.  Unless a viable vaccine is found and available, the SPFL will be approaching the clubs that survive to form a top division.

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely took their foot off the pedal, you can’t play football at Tynecastle though against a team that just hoofs it away apparently.

I would like to think we got our shit together second half. Sure Sergio said we looked like we had won a raffle to play them :lol: 

Ethan Hunt
49 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I have no argument about Sky wanting money that is why they are in business. What I really have trouble squaring up is how Hearts actually fit into the picture. This sudden thinking that we must make up some part of the SPL is new to the board of the SPFL. They were more than happy to just get the tic appointed champions by any means available to them. Now we are all hoping that suddenly Sky have realised we are a must have in the SPL when it gets going again. The only real problem I have with that is are the other teams suddenly going to say " but of course what were we thinking of when we blew that one out of the water last week without even a presentation being made". There can be no reconstruction without the right vote and I really doubt that will be achieved ... unless there are other caveats we do not know about going on in the background?

I think we are going to have to go to court to get anything at all nevermind a reconstruction of the leagues but we live in hope.

Something, or some things have changed in the last week or so. I dunno exactly what, but I think there are a good few that are now concentrating people’s minds.

The BBC had an article (which they have subsequently changed) this morning quoting the Ross County saying - from memory - Hearts are a big club, their fans are making their feelings known, maybe we need to listen to what their fans are saying.  When I read that I immediately thought he’s shit scared. He, and I predict others within the game, are beginning to worry that the Only Hearts philosophy is gaining big momentum. The talk of there being “serious money” going to be made available for Hearts legal action. The huge increase in FOH pledgers/increased pledges. Fans talking about boycotting games and clubs. Articles in papers from Hearts minded people saying the fans will never forget. I just wonder if that, along with various other things, is beginning to make people think about the long term effects of how Hearts fans perceive the club have been treated, and how the repercussions of that could affect clubs for a long time.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I would like to think we got our shit together second half. Sure Sergio said we looked like we had won a raffle to play them :lol: 

Possibly 😜

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I think Ann’s previous comments about her time spent on the SPFL board put a few noses out of joint. They’re revelling in this and viewing it as karma. That’s my take anyway. Small minded Are Souls. 

I think you're correct. 

Think it was Stenhousemuir that suggested this was about settling scores before Falkirk compounded that by outing the cabal 

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You are talking about two exceptional sides at that time. One won the Cup Winners Cup, and the other made the semi final of the European Cup. Both also had exceptional managers. It was very much a moment in time for both those clubs.

And before the old firm came into money to take full control.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Something, or some things have changed in the last week or so. I dunno exactly what, but I think there are a good few that are now concentrating people’s minds.

The BBC had an article (which they have subsequently changed) this morning quoting the Ross County saying - from memory - Hearts are a big club, their fans are making their feelings known, maybe we need to listen to what their fans are saying.  When I read that I immediately thought he’s shit scared. He, and I predict others within the game, are beginning to worry that the Only Hearts philosophy is gaining big momentum. The talk of there being “serious money” going to be made available for Hearts legal action. The huge increase in FOH pledgers/increased pledges. Fans talking about boycotting games and clubs. Articles in papers from Hearts minded people saying the fans will never forget. I just wonder if that, along with various other things, is beginning to make people think about the long term effects of how Hearts fans perceive the club have been treated, and how the repercussions of that could affect clubs for a long time.

I would say that the change,  is realisation that not every club can play. 

League Cup and Scottish Cup must be in doubt. 

No clarity to plan because of the circumstances,  people are now realistic the status quo is collectively ****ed 

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Stendelnator said:

Hearts of Midlothian from Gorgy who play at Tinecastle. 

I sit in row 40 of the Wheatfield. (I wonder if anyone will get that reference)

@cosanostra this place stinks mate, we need a cleaner ;) 

47 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

does anyone have the pic someone made adding a row 40 to the wheatfield

It was done in MS Paint and is up there with the photoshopped Neil Lennon picture as one of the greatest things I've ever seen on JKB.

17 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Ross County let 14 go today.

doctor jambo
4 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

We could be in the top league if half the teams can’t field a team next season 

If I was running the leagues, this is where we should be at already

2 leagues - one full time with whoever can field a team for 6 months with closed doors

one part time on the same basis.

The rest are stored wherever Old Rangers are, until they are defrosted

14 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

When you read the SPFL legal opinion it's obvious that they were advised to follow the path of least resistance and that meant :

force the clubs to end the season by tying the remaining prize money to that specific resolution.

then force  the clubs to vote on a winner and a relegated club (that's the Board off the hook, even though they had the power to agree on what would happen but passed the buck) 

But the interesting part of the legal advice on reconstruction was basically, on no account have a  discussion on reconstruction  until after you have ended the season and got the the winners/losers elected by whatever means you choose because no way will you ever get an agreement (and even if you did, the TV deal is at risk).

This is what we need to see played out in court because the SPFL Board forced the clubs to relegate Hearts  (Hearts could NOT be relegated automatically by the points-per-game formula) and then they've put Hearts in a division where it looks like they won't have any chance of getting out of this season  - all the while , the clubs who kicked Hearts out are doing VERY nicely with the new TV money. How is that fair ? 

The flaw in their master plan of course is all clubs including the bigot brothers cannot sustain their wages without fans.  Some more than others Dundee Utd wages are 130% of turnover - So they get a few quid from sky - Big deal 

Dundee will be lucky to have anyone turn up ever,  they voted their rivals as champions ffs and their won't be a club in  the league taking many fans there

Get the popcorn out cause something will have to change

I look forward to the backtracking beginning soon 

Lone Striker
40 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I think Ann’s previous comments about her time spent on the SPFL board put a few noses out of joint. They’re revelling in this and viewing it as karma. That’s my take anyway. Small minded Are Souls. 

Definitely a big factor 👍  Plus the fallout from our admin, when Ann and FoH stepped up - a lot of these club directors still think we weren't sufficiently  punished for the Romanov stuff, and they're determined to make up for that now. 

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Eh?

Veteran defender Richard Foster is one of 14 players released by Ross County following the end of the Premiership season.

First-team players Sean Kelly, Lewis Spence and Declan McManus will also leave the Highland club when their contracts expire in the coming weeks.

Academy prospects Tommy Dixon-Hodge, Jack Murray, James Wallace, Declan Hughes, Joel MacBeath, Gregor MacDonald, Jack Grant, Thomas Brady, Tom Kelly and Ruari Fraser have also been let go.

Centre-back Tim Grovosti and midfielder Harry Paton have put pen to paper on new deals, while club captain Marcus Fraser and defender Callum Morris have been offered new contracts.

ADVERT

Co-managers Stuart Kettlewell and Steven Ferguson said in a statement: “Firstly, we thank Lewis, Sean, Declan and Richard for their service to the club.

“We wish them further success in their football careers, and they will always be warmly welcomed back to the club for their contributions in their time here.

“It is with regret that we have to let a number of our younger players go.”

The Staggies safety was secured after the top-flight campaign was brought to a premature end last week.

Byyy The Light
5 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Definitely a big factor 👍  Plus the fallout from our admin, when Ann and FoH stepped up - a lot of these club directors still think we weren't sufficiently  punished for the Romanov stuff, and they're determined to make up for that now. 

Makes sense 👍🏼 

16 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

The flaw in their master plan of course is all clubs including the bigot brothers cannot sustain their wages without fans.  Some more than others Dundee Utd wages are 130% of turnover - So they get a few quid from sky - Big deal 

Dundee will be lucky to have anyone turn up ever,  they voted their rivals as champions ffs and their won't be a club in  the league taking many fans there

Imagine OF returning from Europe and entering 14 day quarantine period after every game. That will be interesting, if there are any European tournaments before 2021. 

11 hours ago, johnnythejambo said:

As a season ticket from the early 70's I look with amusement at the folk wanting an 18 or 16 team league playing each other just twice. Well we had an 18 team league back then and boy it was not exciting if you were stuck in the middle of it. Pretty boring in fact. And another thing as a season ticket holder the games that excite me and get the atmosphere going is the ones against the old firm, wee team and possibly the sheep so to advocate halving those games fills me with dread. So instead of fired up, get into then games we replace with matches against Morton, Queen of South etc. Jesus no thanks!!!

All very good Johnny but that is a different football world -  look for example at the depths to which national team has slipped while  we watch stuffy defensive shit football most of the season at 30 quid a go - deary me. You like me will have paid less for a season ticket (Which included cup games )  than i do for a ticket for me and the boy at 1 game now

Also under the 4 times a season how many other teams have won a league, challenged or even split the two of the bigots 

Games all about opinions and mines is this league is uncompetitive unfair and dull as dish water encouraging our National team to be dire.

I remember 1998 i was there - The squad while not fantastic got us to a world cup - Trouble is everybody else has progressed we as a football nation have not.

Whats wrong with trying something different ?? The law of unintended consequence might just bring about a change in football style which may in turn change our international prospects.

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Imagine if this has been the situation in 2015 and Budge had changed her vote in this manner 😱

Hagar the Horrible

It just annoys me no end, that we are still trying to do stuff coz Yoofa want it, they also want the Scotland Israel game played ASAP, but either government has just to ignore Covid as they game is priority over health?

It also annoys me that the Cabal still think they can find a solution without Hearts?  A top 14 they will still want relegation no doubt?  but it is as though all the top 12 can afford to play behind closed doors?  So we could agree a top 14, but by the time its due to start we have 16 teams alive?  and not necessary all the top 12?

This week there will be more players on the scrapheap but next month will be a killer, clubs still have to pay bills?  Sorry Keeff we can pay ours?  Tick Tock everybody else?

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Imagine OF returning from Europe and entering 14 day quarantine period after every game. That will be interesting, if there are any European tournaments before 2021. 

Good point, if they can get in. I hadn’t really seen it mentioned that folk from the UK (US&Russia too) were banned from going to places like Greece just now. Who knows when that restriction will be lifted. 

Lone Striker
13 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Ha-ha. Love it. 😊

Edited by Lone Striker

Hagar the Horrible
5 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

All very good Johnny but that is a different football world -  look for example at the depths to which national team has slipped while  we watch stuffy defensive shit football most of the season at 30 quid a go - deary me. You like me will have paid less for a season ticket (Which included cup games )  than i do for a ticket for me and the boy at 1 game now

Also under the 4 times a season how many other teams have won a league, challenged or even split the two of the bigots 

Games all about opinions and mines is this league is uncompetitive unfair and dull as dish water encouraging our National team to be dire.

I remember 1998 i was there - The squad while not fantastic got us to a world cup - Trouble is everybody else has progressed we as a football nation have not.

Whats wrong with trying something different ?? The law of unintended consequence might just bring about a change in football style which may in turn change our international prospects.

We are ranked what 50 in the Fifa rankings, behind all UK and Eire contries, well below Iran, Japan, Oz, South Korea and Jamaca

So anybody thinks that what we are doing should remain the same....hmmmm

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

I’m not sure if any of the countries that have overtaken Scotland as a football nation have changed their leagues to achieve this though. Aberdeen, United and the national team all had more success after the 18 team league was cut than before.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Hagar the Horrible said:

We are ranked what 50 in the Fifa rankings, behind all UK and Eire contries, well below Iran, Japan, Oz, South Korea and Jamaca

So anybody thinks that what we are doing should remain the same....hmmmm

Changes obviously need to be made, the league structure might not be what’s required. Look at how well England have progressed recently, lessons to be learnt there.

17 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Rangers might need 3 squads.

One to start their qualifying campaign

One to start their league campaign and if not knowcked out early

Another to play Leverkausen.

Paint the town maroon
4 minutes ago, martoon said:

Is Ann putting forward her proposal today? 

I did find this funny.... small things.. even got CL hair and beard right!

image.thumb.jpeg.621da2a4f3db7005c3404e9fef516b66.jpeg

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Indeed - men against boys.  Krankjar was outstanding, Danny Rose too. Didn't they bring on a young chap in the 2nd half - Harry someone  ?  B)

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not sure if any of the countries that have overtaken Scotland as a football nation have changed their leagues to achieve this though. Aberdeen, United and the national team all had more success after the 18 team league was cut than before.

In the absence of a better idea, do you not think it might be worth trying. Whatever the reason, the current arrangement isn't working.

It is also the case that we can currently play a team up to 7 times domestically each season. 4 league, 1 league cup and 2 Scottish Cup. It would never happen (given how shit Scottish football is at the moment, but it is conceivable that with a European tie, it goes up to 9.

To put that into context, we have played Morton 9 times in competitive matches since Christmas 1984.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Jambo66 said:

In the absence of a better idea, do you not think it might be worth trying. Whatever the reason, the current arrangement isn't working.

It is also the case that we can currently play a team up to 7 times domestically each season. 4 league, 1 league cup and 2 Scottish Cup. It would never happen (given how shit Scottish football is at the moment, but it is conceivable that with a European tie, it goes up to 9.

To put that into context, we have played Morton 9 times in competitive matches since Christmas 1984.

No wonder I've never been to Cappielow. 

A shit hole but one I would have enjoyed. 

Relegation voters though 

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Oddly enough, the 4x a season set up was credited, back then, with making Aberdeen and United's titles possible.

The theory being that the OF were now taking points of each other twice more than usual and also had to face the 'new firm' 8 times. Add in 4 games against other decent Premier teams, as opposed to 2x against lowly clubs in the old Division 1, and the theory looks sound. 

It's long since turned full circle now, however. 

If it was entirely up to me we'd have an 18 club top flight with 2 points for a win. Three automatic relegation/promotions to and from an 18 club 2nd tier and so on down through regionalized non league structures.

Not going to happen, obviously, but a temporary 18 or 20 club top flight would allow all those who can play behind closed doors from August to do so. The rest can hibernate if that's their choice/necessity. 

Aberdeen and United found 2 gems in Ferguson and McLean.

McLean took alittle longer to build a team, with Ferguson having a starting advantage.

They were both paying similar wages 9United bonuses) and fees so the standard of player gap was less and why so more competitive.

We won't ever go back to several sides being able to compete on player quality due to money so really  duty of care by the SFA/SPFL exec to find other ways of keeping leagues as competitive as possible.

The 4 times each model can never do that again, so there is a need for new innovative thinking.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

When all of the firm plans take place,  they need to be,  contingent,  clear and fair, for perhaps 2 or 3 seasons. 

Why did I bother typing that

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Indeed - men against boys.  Krankjar was outstanding, Danny Rose too. Didn't they bring on a young chap in the 2nd half - Harry someone  ?  B)

He played in the second game. Some squad.

Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham

H Gomes
K Walker
M Dawson (c)
Y Kaboul 
  • 51'51st minute
B Assou-Ekotto
A Lennon 
  • 78'78th minute
J Livermore 
  • 28'28th minute
N Kranjcar
G Bale 
  • 63'63rd minute
  •  
  • 70'70th minute
R van der Vaart 
  • 5'5th minute
  •  
  • 59'59th minute
J Defoe 
  • 13'13th minute
  •  
  • 79'79th minute
Substitutes
B Friedel
T Huddlestone 
  • 59'59th minute
R Pavlyuchenko 
  • 79'79th minute

It says Bassong, Corluka and CARLOS CUDICINI were also on the bench 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

Kane was available on loan when Locke/Brown and Murray picked Paul McCallum instead.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Lone Striker
32 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Veteran defender Richard Foster is one of 14 players released by Ross County following the end of the Premiership season.

First-team players Sean Kelly, Lewis Spence and Declan McManus will also leave the Highland club when their contracts expire in the coming weeks.

Academy prospects Tommy Dixon-Hodge, Jack Murray, James Wallace, Declan Hughes, Joel MacBeath, Gregor MacDonald, Jack Grant, Thomas Brady, Tom Kelly and Ruari Fraser have also been let go.

Centre-back Tim Grovosti and midfielder Harry Paton have put pen to paper on new deals, while club captain Marcus Fraser and defender Callum Morris have been offered new contracts.

ADVERT

Co-managers Stuart Kettlewell and Steven Ferguson said in a statement: “Firstly, we thank Lewis, Sean, Declan and Richard for their service to the club.

“We wish them further success in their football careers, and they will always be warmly welcomed back to the club for their contributions in their time here.

“It is with regret that we have to let a number of our younger players go.”

The Staggies safety was secured after the top-flight campaign was brought to a premature end last week.

There's another one to add to the badge of shame at our Academy - he was getting great reviews by folk who attended U-19 games, got let go for some reason, went to Stenny and was regularly their best player.  Now good enough to be offered new contract by Ross Co in these financially challenged times.    Serious surgery needed at Riccarton.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Aberdeen and United found 2 gems in Ferguson and McLean.

McLean took alittle longer to build a team, with Ferguson having a starting advantage.

They were both paying similar wages 9United bonuses) and fees so the standard of player gap was less and why so more competitive.

We won't ever go back to several sides being able to compete on player quality due to money so really  duty of care by the SFA/SPFL exec to find other ways of keeping leagues as competitive as possible.

The 4 times each model can never do that again, so there is a need for new innovative thinking.

If they want competition.

42 minutes ago, Barack said:

I've a funny feeling "Guildford" is still around.

There's a poster on here who uses the near enough word for word, the same phrases and punctuation as him. And as I wasn't aware of Guildford before as I wasn't a member until 2012, it's jumped right out at me.

Have even used "we don't need fans like them/you" quite as recent as Hibs derbies, iirc.

:interehjrling:

Anyone able to supply a couple more thread examples, just to see if my curiosity is more than that...? My search function won't work. Anything having a go at fans, etc. Or picking on him.

A certain poster from Hamilton continually has a go at our fans whenever the opportunity arises.

Lone Striker
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He played in the second game. Some squad.

Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham

H Gomes
K Walker
M Dawson (c)
Y Kaboul 
  • 51'51st minute
B Assou-Ekotto
A Lennon 
  • 78'78th minute
J Livermore 
  • 28'28th minute
N Kranjcar
G Bale 
  • 63'63rd minute
  •  
  • 70'70th minute
R van der Vaart 
  • 5'5th minute
  •  
  • 59'59th minute
J Defoe 
  • 13'13th minute
  •  
  • 79'79th minute
Substitutes
B Friedel
T Huddlestone 
  • 59'59th minute
R Pavlyuchenko 
  • 79'79th minute

It says Bassong, Corluka and CARLOS CUDICINI wer also on the bench 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

Kane was available on loan when Locke/Brown and Murray picked Paul McCallum instead.

Didn't know this !!  Not enough despairing emojis to convey my reaction.    :facepalm:

By the way,  it was Assou-Ekotto at left back who was outstanding (not Rose)👍 

bobskeldon
9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No wonder I've never been to Cappielow. 

A shit hole but one I would have enjoyed. 

Relegation voters though 

I loved going to Cappielow!

14 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Defo!

Yeah, think he missed a penalty in the second leg too.  Wonder what happened to him. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )