SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

So why do you think that such confidence is "faux", Mr Rabbit? Do you have access to legal opinion that says so? Or is it just your hunch?

Also, which other court proceedings in the Scottish civil courts relating to clubs expelled from a league because that league was called early can you refer to? Not many, I would imagine.

Nope I don’t have any legal knowledge but I would hazard a guess that the majority of the people on here saying that we will win in court don’t either.

FWIW I’m not saying that we wouldn’t be successful I’m just questioning why people would rather go down the court route than reconstruction. 

In regards to your question about Scottish courts specifically I appreciate what you’re trying to imply however if anything I think that’s another reason why I would question going down that route. This country is focused around two teams and only two teams. Whilst people who have no interest in football think that focusing on what league a football team is in whilst people are dying is a great waste of time despite what we think as fans. 

If it was as cut and dry as many think then Partick, the team who have the greatest case, would of pushed on with court proceedings weeks ago.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Provan said Ann had made enemies within Scottish football - has she, how and who? (apart from some Hearts fans of course...🙄

I wondered about that too.  If anything, she has been far too nice, although ex players, didn’t take kindly to her regarding the wage cut threats but I’m not sure what she’s supposed to have done to upset any of the clubs.  

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

As far as I can see the only qualification to get on Sportsound is to be a Dons fan or a sectarian bigot.

With the added caveat that no more than 4 brain cells can be in the same room. Hence Willy Millers freebie every week. Thick as a sub door. 

Ethan Hunt
4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

No but the bbc said hed been spoken to. Usual crappy half arsed response. 

Was that in their email reply to individuals who had sent in a complaint? I’ll be sending one in myself. I’ll be telling them I have taken time to consider his comments and feel they were inappropriate. Then when they sent me the same shitty response that they have sent others out I’ll tell them that it’s an unacceptable solution. Nothing like getting bogged down with complaints to concentrate people’s minds

The Hearts support really need to start getting more aggressive with the media. Anytime we feel there is any type of bias or unfair reporting we should inundate the media outlet responsible with complaints. We had sat back and taken all the snidely attacks and anti Hearts agenda for too long.  No point on coming on here and moaning about it, just tie the feckers responsible up with complaint after complaint.

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

I wondered about that too.  If anything, she has been far too nice, although ex players, didn’t take kindly to her regarding the wage cut threats but I’m not sure what she’s supposed to have done to upset any of the clubs.  

It's easy to make enemies in Scottish football.

Since the moment she came into the game, she has advocated open-mindedness, progress and development in our game. A vast amount of those in our game don't like the status quo questioned and frankly don't like some from "outside" the game having an opinion.

It's a boys club. A bowling club committee, who want the biggest debate to be who brings the biscuits.

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Was that in their email reply to individuals who had sent in a complaint? I’ll be sending one in myself. I’ll be telling them I have taken time to consider his comments and feel they were inappropriate. Then when they sent me the same shitty response that they have sent others out I’ll tell them that it’s an unacceptable solution. Nothing like getting bogged down with complaints to concentrate people’s minds

The Hearts support really need to start getting more aggressive with the media. Anytime we feel there is any type of bias or unfair reporting we should inundate the media outlet responsible with complaints. We had sat back and taken all the snidely attacks and anti Hearts agenda for too long.  No point on coming on here and moaning about it, just tie the feckers responsible up with complaint after complaint.

Im liking the cut of your gib bud. Count me in. 

Ethan Hunt
8 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Also suggests the legal fight would not be for compensation but for the expulsion the be reversed.

Provan said Ann had made enemies within Scottish football - has she, how and who? (apart from some Hearts fans of course...🙄

I’d would image that those who practise darks arts won’t appreciate someone with a strong moral compass shining a light on them. There will be a fair few not happy that she fails to conform.

2 hours ago, SUTOL said:

Which other court proceedings? 

The French one has been referred to a higher court, I'm not aware of others. 

And I'm not sure the French one is comparable to our situation either. 

Cambuur and De Graafschap one got thrown out. You’re right about the French one as it’s early days.

9 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

As far as I can see the only qualification to get on Sportsound is to be a Dons fan or a sectarian bigot.

Or?  The money shot is to be both.

TyphoonJambo
Just now, TheBigO said:

It's easy to make enemies in Scottish football.

Since the moment she came into the game, she has advocated open-mindedness, progress and development in our game. A vast amount of those in our game don't like the status quo questioned and frankly don't like some from "outside" the game having an opinion.

It's a boys club. A bowling club committee, who want the biggest debate to be who brings the biscuits.

I think shes quickly realising that the normal business rules or manners dont apply in the selfish celtiv noany sucking snake pit of the SPFL. There is no moralistic code of conduct with these guys. 

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Ann Budge has laid her stall out in this part of the club statement:

As previously intimated the club has been taking legal advice throughout this process and are continuing to do so. We hope that the resolution being prepared will avoid the need to go down this route. Legal action would be both time consuming and expensive. However the cost to the club of relegation would outweigh these considerations.

To our supporters, we thank you for showing patience and continuing to back the club. We will continue to fight against what we believe is an unjust outcome.

👍 How many times have you got to post this.  Do some people just appear on page 600 and don't read club statements.

18 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

I don't think it matter if court is a cert result or not. 

The idea that we can pretty much stop everything and bring clubs to their knees, even for a few months is the fear. 

We don't need to win to be able to stall the season and scurper TV deals etc that no longer affect us. 

If we're willing to take the financial hit for the court fees, even if we lose, we could  take some of them with us

Maybe that's the fear. 

I think that’s all wishful thinking. There’s a possibility that we will be compensated for our wrongful expulsion however IMO the thought of Celtic’s title being removed, Dundee’s initial vote standing and the league being called null and void are fanciful. 

BelgeJambo
16 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I told the BBC I wasn’t satisfied with their first response and they replied with 20 working days for the next response, quickly followed by another response saying it may take longer than 20 days due to COVID and use of licence fees

19 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

I don't think it matter if court is a cert result or not. 

The idea that we can pretty much stop everything and bring clubs to their knees, even for a few months is the fear. 

We don't need to win to be able to stall the season and scurper TV deals etc that no longer affect us. 

If we're willing to take the financial hit for the court fees, even if we lose, we could  take some of them with us

Maybe that's the fear. 

Is that possible? 

Our court proceedings scuppering the start of the season and screwing their precious SKY contract. 

Only one problem if we were to lose not only would we have the SPFL costs to pay would SKY go after us or the SPFL.? 

Must admit the thought of ****ing up their fixture lists gives me a quiet smile☺. 

18 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Well said. 

Tennant's  6's
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

We need to burn this ****ing league to the ground. Leave nothing but ashes in our wake.

This is where I am. 

Obviously you've got to hope that reconstruction gets approved, but regardless, I'd love Budge to take this to court. 

The way that all & sundry are attacking us & ignoring the shady goings that preceded the vote and have continued since is ridiculous.

To hell with them all

Edited by Tennant's 6's

22 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

So it would appear the answer to being accused of squealing like pigs is to..........err..........squeal like pigs ?

Riccarton3
30 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I think it says more about Provan's mindset In this instance.  Even if he ticked a few boxes with other comments.

Edited by Riccarton3

1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:
Heartfelt thanks to all who've made a new pledge, increased an existing pledge, or made a one-off donation recently. Today, that number has risen by 125; over the weekend, the figure is 254; since SPFL called the leagues 535; since lockdown 823. Breathtaking. #pledgeforlife

Let's not forget the near 8,000 who have managed to keep their pledges going in these difficult times too.

5 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Nope I don’t have any legal knowledge but I would hazard a guess that the majority of the people on here saying that we will win in court don’t either.

Indeed. It was just that you described the confidence as "faux" rather than, say, "possibly faux", and I wanted to find out if you were speaking from a position of specific knowledge to be able to say that.

8 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

FWIW I’m not saying that we wouldn’t be successful I’m just questioning why people would rather go down the court route than reconstruction.

I for one prefer reconstruction to be our first approach. However, my feelings are so deep on the subject that I would strongly support legal action if reconstruction doesn't happen. We'll find out this coming week what happens.

12 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

In regards to your question about Scottish courts specifically I appreciate what you’re trying to imply however if anything I think that’s another reason why I would question going down that route. This country is focused around two teams and only two teams. Whilst people who have no interest in football think that focusing on what league a football team is in whilst people are dying is a great waste of time despite what we think as fans. 

If it was as cut and dry as many think then Partick, the team who have the greatest case, would of pushed on with court proceedings weeks ago.

In deciding not to take legal action, Partick stated that they didn't want to push any clubs to the brink as a cause of such action delaying the SPFL payouts. They also stated that they declined to take action because of the likely costs involved. I wouldn't conflate their decision not to take action with any probability that such action would be successful or not. They reportedly believed their case to be strong.

Just now, JimmyCant said:

So it would appear the answer to being accused of squealing like pigs is to..........err..........squeal like pigs ?

‘We’ were never accused of squealing like pigs by Chick Young.

But then you knew that.

Riccarton3
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

That could have come straight out of Chick's gob. No offence.

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You must work in schools. Those that can do. Those that can't teach. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

34 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Maybe Thistle and Stranraer are waiting to if reconstruction  gets go ahead.  If not the three clubs join together and take fight to court.

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

A huge amount of miss information has been bandied about on Hearts taking legal action. One being that companies like to forgo legal action in favour of outside settlement. 
Any action that Hearts take in the court will be on civil law. The only court that can deal with civil law is the Court of Session. At the moment the court is dealing with a restricted case load. For Hearts the only option Is an interim interdict. Other ideas such as arbitration are a complete waste of time, as they are unlikely to be immediate and forceful.

Not quite. The sheriff court has exclusive jurisdiction for civil matters up to £100,000. Above that and there is a choice of sheriff court or Session Court. (In reality, likely to be Session Court due to the potential impact and consequences).

Separately, an interim interdict is a temporary stoppage - to prevent someone from doing something (eg starting a new league season! Or preventing them from transferring money) which might undermine the rationale of the case you are trying to bring. A request for an interim interdict can be made at sheriff court or session court level ... and in either case is followed up by a court case on the merits of the matter itself.

Paint the town maroon
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

That's not true. The vast majority of fans in Scotland don't want the 12 with split, as has been proven by many polls over the years.

It simply hasn't had a reason to be brought up of late.

Not sure that is correct.

The split has been criticized several years ago but it’s difficult against its success in recent seasons. 

Expanding the top league have not been on the agenda for years.

Edited by Paint the town maroon

Ethan Hunt
8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Aye. Because not accepting bias or unfair reporting is squealing like a pig right enough.

Maybe you prefer taking it up the hoop and are happy just to let the media go unchecked, or without scrutiny. Thankfully there are those with a bit backbone and fight about them. Those kinda people manage to get the media to print apologies for the unacceptable way they attacked Hearts, meanwhile you were doing?

30 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Cambuur and De Graafschap one got thrown out. You’re right about the French one as it’s early days.

The Dutch case was about the season being annulled. 

These clubs did not suffer any actual loss other than the opportunity to gain promotion. 

Dundee Utd would have been in the same position if Scotland had null and voided the season. 

Entirely different from our situation as we stand to lose millions of pounds due to an unjust expulsion. 

5 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

The split has been criticized several years ago but it’s difficult against its success in recent seasons. 

Who's agenda though?

Fans are fed up asking for change. The OF are happy with structure, essentially, so it won't change and that's been apparent for a long time.

So what's the point in debating fantasy?

It's a worthy debate as it has become a possibility..

Every time I've seen it discussed or polled and even talking in the pub etc, most Scottish fans I know think it's shite.

Imo opinion you're mistaking apathy with agreement. Apathy is large in our game amongst fans. We've accepted a crap existence as we don't see change.

Anyway, no arguing mate, just think you've misjudged sentiment on the issue from my own experience

Malinga the Swinga
9 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

Sod off, you are never a Hearts supporter, not in a million years. What success, a battle to finish in top 6. 

Burn this ****ing league Hearts, burn them all.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Sod off, you are never a Hearts supporter, not in a million years.

Must admit that thought crossed my mind and he's not alone 😏

28 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I think that’s all wishful thinking. There’s a possibility that we will be compensated for our wrongful expulsion however IMO the thought of Celtic’s title being removed, Dundee’s initial vote standing and the league being called null and void are fanciful. 

The problem with that post is that you are doing exactly what you suggest others with a different view are doing.

You have absolutely no justification for saying that overturning the vote is fanciful. Now this may be your view, but in my opinion, you are wrong. My view is backed up by the opinion of a QC. Your opinion is backed up by what?

Rick Sanchez

If you're absolutely certain Boris Johnson was blatantly lying before saying we need to move on, unite and beat the virus, then you can be absolute certain the SPFL were just as corrupt before saying we need to move on, unite and do what's best for Scottish football.

Take them all the ****ing way if reconstruction fails.

Rabbie_Burns
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Sod off, you are never a Hearts supporter, not in a million years.

One of several currently polluting this thread, sad pathetic trolls...

I love it when the ‘said something I don’t agree with, can’t be a Hearts fan’ mob come out to play for an hour before their bedtime

5 hours ago, S Form said:

Boy's a tw*t. He witters a lot of patronising guff about Scottish football having to come together one minute then backs off as soon as reconstruction is mentioned.

I have too say S,  I keep laughing at this coming together mantra.  What they mean is accept our way or F off - which has nothing to do with compromise or looking out for each other or agreeing a strategy that may protect clubs Its just - GET BACK IN YER BOX 

Also they are too stupid to see that ALL clubs are in serious trouble Sevco and Smelltic more than most - just look at their wage bills and tell me different If no fans can access Ibroke of Dark heid for months how long before they are "squealing like pigs" Even with the legendary 30 million war chest Celtic have, it doesn't go far on a 60 million wage bill with deferrals to pay 

Ethan Hunt
47 minutes ago, Skiba said:

👍 How many times have you got to post this.  Do some people just appear on page 600 and don't read club statements.

I think some people just want to forget what doesn’t fit their agenda.

husref musemic
5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Sod off, you are never a Hearts supporter, not in a million years. What success, a battle to finish in top 6. 

Burn this ****ing league Hearts, burn them all.

That's where i'm at now, fek reorganisation, i'd prefer to sue them good n proper for what were due & also getting the seedy truth dragged out in public court.

We're the collateral damage to the celtic's puppets concluding things quick smart. Burn em all.

2 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

That's where i'm at now, fek reorganisation, i'd prefer to sue them good n proper for what were due & also getting the seedy truth dragged out in public court.

We're the collateral damage to the celtic's puppets concluding things quick smart. Burn em all.

I have pretty much always wanted to get a day in court. Scottish football needs reform. The best way to achieve that given the blatant corruption that permeates the whole stinking edifice of the SPFL, is for the courts to crucify them.

Ethan Hunt
48 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

I told the BBC I wasn’t satisfied with their first response and they replied with 20 working days for the next response, quickly followed by another response saying it may take longer than 20 days due to COVID and use of licence fees

Good man👍

38 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Indeed. It was just that you described the confidence as "faux" rather than, say, "possibly faux", and I wanted to find out if you were speaking from a position of specific knowledge to be able to say that.

I for one prefer reconstruction to be our first approach. However, my feelings are so deep on the subject that I would strongly support legal action if reconstruction doesn't happen. We'll find out this coming week what happens.

In deciding not to take legal action, Partick stated that they didn't want to push any clubs to the brink as a cause of such action delaying the SPFL payouts. They also stated that they declined to take action because of the likely costs involved. I wouldn't conflate their decision not to take action with any probability that such action would be successful or not. They reportedly believed their case to be strong.

I’m all for us fighting our corner and agree that if we are failed by our league again then we need to fight this via the courts! 

Correct they did say that but like I said if it was as cut and dry as some are making out the money put into legal proceedings would be recuperated and they would avoid cost of their expulsion.

32 minutes ago, RENE said:

Maybe Thistle and Stranraer are waiting to if reconstruction  gets go ahead.  If not the three clubs join together and take fight to court.

Hope so as I think that’s the best chance of success. 

Malinga the Swinga
14 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I love it when the ‘said something I don’t agree with, can’t be a Hearts fan’ mob come out to play for an hour before their bedtime

**** off. He joined the forum and has done nothing but criticise Hearts from day one. If the cap fits

Just now, Mr Rabbit said:

I’m all for us fighting our corner and agree that if we are failed by our league again then we need to fight this via the courts! 

Correct they did say that but like I said if it was as cut and dry as some are making out the money put into legal proceedings would be recuperated and they would avoid cost of their expulsion.

I don't think anyone is saying it's cut and dried. I certainly haven't. You can never be certain in a court action.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
22 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

The problem with that post is that you are doing exactly what you suggest others with a different view are doing.

You have absolutely no justification for saying that overturning the vote is fanciful. Now this may be your view, but in my opinion, you are wrong. My view is backed up by the opinion of a QC. Your opinion is backed up by what?

Which QC?

Another theory I have been thinking about on why the dramatic change of heart happend regarding reconstruction is that Dundee effectively changed their vote for reconstruction. Nelms said as much in his interview to the press and journal. He was fooled of course and we all knew that except him. 

Perhaps Nelms has intimidated to Doncaster that reconstruction has to happen or he spills the beans.

That would make the original vote null and void and spell big trouble for you know who.

28 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The Dutch case was about the season being annulled. 

These clubs did not suffer any actual loss other than the opportunity to gain promotion. 

Dundee Utd would have been in the same position if Scotland had null and voided the season. 

Entirely different from our situation as we stand to lose millions of pounds due to an unjust expulsion. 

Is that not what we were wanting to do initially as well and our position has changed as each avenue has been closed off?!

Whilst admittedly not knowing all the ins and outs of Dutch football. Both the clubs will suffer at not being promoted albeit I agree it’s not the same as a team being demoted. However if either team had been relegated last season or had invested a lot of money to get promoted in one season they too would suffer massively. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )