SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Play offs including Aberdeen, Falkirk and Dunfermline weren't required because Brockville couldn't have top flight games.

Aberdeen didnt go down and Dunfermline promoted.  I think.

Was there not something about Falkirk trying to groundshare and it was knocked back? They then let ICT do it with Aberdeen?

Found it. Motherwell stayed up 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2003/may/23/newsstory.sport1

Edited by Pasquale for King

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Pasquale for King
Just now, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Lex Gold, there was another roaster.

One in a long line, where do they find them?

Unknown user
7 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The money belongs to the clubs. Whether they have it and have to pay it back, or it is withheld from them is immaterial to a degree. That said I don’t think the SPFL board will have the authority to withhold money that belongs to the clubs. The only reason there was all this debacle about money is because the final payment was based on league placings.

As I said previously the SPFL has 42 equal shareholders, any liability will be shared equally between the clubs.

If you can back that up, please do.

As far as I can tell liability is with the SPFL in the first instance, they're a corporation with legal identity and liability, and payout would be from their funds.

Doctor FinnBarr
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was he (oddly enough) chairman of St Bribery?

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If you can back that up, please do.

As far as I can tell liability is with the SPFL in the first instance, they're a corporation with legal identity and liability, and payout would be from their funds.

Which indirectly would impact the clubs as they distribute money 4 times per year. So you are both right.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

vermin 

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

vermin 

This grooming seems to have being going on a long while Geoff.

12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Which indirectly would impact the clubs as they distribute money 4 times per year. So you are both right.

The point was whether each of the 42 clubs had an equal share of the responsibility so would be liable for 1/42 of any successful claim each or it would come out of the SPFL pot (if they had one) and the club's would still get their normal percentage of what was left.

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Chairman of the Hibees when they were relegated in 1998, before getting the SPL gig and leaving in 2009. Was at the new club as a teenager but didn’t quite shine on or off the pitch it would seem 😜.

Edited by Pasquale for King

I've thought of another great idea to make the top league more competitive.  I'm doing the SPFLs and celtics job for them.  Both have said a more competitive league would improve our performances in euro competition.

You operate a points penalty based on your league position the previous season.  The top side would start the new season on -20 points, 2nd would be -15 and the rest of the top 6 would be -10. All others would start from scratch.

Faultless.

28 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I've thought of another great idea to make the top league more competitive.  I'm doing the SPFLs and celtics job for them.  Both have said a more competitive league would improve our performances in euro competition.

You operate a points penalty based on your league position the previous season.  The top side would start the new season on -20 points, 2nd would be -15 and the rest of the top 6 would be -10. All others would start from scratch.

Faultless.

You can get a bet at the bookies using that same model.

1 hour ago, graygo said:

You can get a bet at the bookies using that same model.

There you are then.

Unknown user
3 hours ago, graygo said:

The point was whether each of the 42 clubs had an equal share of the responsibility so would be liable for 1/42 of any successful claim each or it would come out of the SPFL pot (if they had one) and the club's would still get their normal percentage of what was left.

Exactly, of course all clubs will be affected, but when it comes to liability that lies with the SPFL. That's why companies were invented, to remove financial liability from shareholders who wanted to make money with less personal risk.

Also, it isn't the clubs' money until the SPFL awards it to them - I have shares in Lloyd's TSB, none of their money is mine.

There could be final liability with the shareholders if the SPFL went under, but that would be limited to how much they each put in, which I believe is zero.

Edited by Smithee

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

What percentage chance do you think there is that we will play in the Premiership next season?

Just trying to gauge the significance of this info.

Few days ago I'd have said no chance ! Now I think there's a chance 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Exactly, of course all clubs will be affected, but when it comes to liability that lies with the SPFL. That's why companies were invented, to remove financial liability from shareholders who wanted to make money with less personal risk.

Also, it isn't the clubs' money until the SPFL awards it to them - I have shares in Lloyd's TSB, none of their money is mine.

There could be final liability with the shareholders if the SPFL went under, but that would be limited to how much they each put in, which I believe is zero.

There could also be liability if a court decided that the SPFL had a contingent liability at the time it made any payments to the member clubs. I think that may be unlikely (although not inconceivable) with payments made after the first resolution. It may be more likely if things remain unresolved and any further payments are made.

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I think we've been lucky. If it had been a regular vote we wouldn't have a leg to stand on, but because they were in a hurry it looks like they indulged in provable lies and shenanigans. And because of that we have a much stronger hand than we might have.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

There could also be liability if a court decided that the SPFL had a contingent liability at the time it made any payments to the member clubs. I think that may be unlikely (although not inconceivable) with payments made after the first resolution. It may be more likely if things remain unresolved and any further payments are made.

Yeah, that's beyond the couple of links I looked up! I wonder if that would also be limited by the amount invested by each shareholder though.

55 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I think we've been lucky. If it had been a regular vote we wouldn't have a leg to stand on, but because they were in a hurry it looks like they indulged in provable lies and shenanigans. And because of that we have a much stronger hand than we might have.

Not going to count our chickens here. I simply don’t trust the SPFL and I don’t trust any other club in the Premiership these days. 

Nookie Bear
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Easter Road, as per. 

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Not going to count our chickens here. I simply don’t trust the SPFL and I don’t trust any other club in the Premiership these days. 

No of course, but I think they're shitting it because they know we can prove shenanigans and it feels like they actually want to find a way for once. The will is the majority of the battle. 

17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No of course, but I think they're shitting it because they know we can prove shenanigans and it feels like they actually want to find a way for once. The will is the majority of the battle. 

Yes, I know. I just hope than common sense comes to the fore with this. To date all we have seen is blatant self interest and no shortage of spite and malice. No matter what none of us should forget what these clowns tried to do to us.

Edited by Deevers

Biffa Bacon
39 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I wouldn't bank on this, our thoughts on how they maybe thinking are at best subjective. 

If we can prove shenanigans then the time to do so would have been at the independent investigation vote. Whatever was tabled proved insufficient to get clubs to vote for this resolution.

Negotiation regarding the unfairness and a solution that causes minimum harm, is the only way reconstruction will be accepted. Who knows if this is achievable, time will tell.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

I wouldn't bank on this, our thoughts on how they maybe thinking are at best subjective. 

If we can prove shenanigans then the time to do so would have been at the independent investigation vote. Whatever was tabled proved insufficient to get clubs to vote for this resolution.

Negotiation regarding the unfairness and a solution that causes minimum harm, is the only way reconstruction will be accepted. Who knows if this is achievable, time will tell.

You're right, we shouldn't count on it, if it doesn't happen we'll hopefully go for them. But this is definitely interesting, it feels like there's a chance at least. 

13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

There’s plenty but it doesn’t affect every single person in every part of the land, it’s not any worse than racism or wife beating that’s connected to football. The problem is two teams that thrive on it who the authorities pander too. It’s 2020, the majority of people have bigger issues to deal with than people stuck in the 17th century. 

That is, of course, true; however, having paid attention to this subject over many years, I have to say that it's more prevalent in Scotland that you (and I) want to believe. 

The nature of the problem doesn't begin and end in Ireland. Scotland is very much part of the history of the problem. That's why Scotland is fertile ground (sadly).

7 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Quite why you are having a bit of a rant about a football club that sells home baking and cups of coke poured from 2 litre bottles is beyond me.

I’m not really “ranting” about St Johnstone, I’m more “ranting” about Cosgrove and the sanctimonious attitude towards others, that he characterises. He makes a point of having a dig at Hearts for the state our finances were in leading up to our administration event. That’s fair enough, but a man of his supposed intelligence and knowledge of Scottish Football history should have dug a bit deeper before adopting such a sneering stance. The largest part of our debt was accumulated for the same reasons as most Scottish Football clubs (take note Hibs, because this applies to you too); building an all seater stadium to comply with SPL rules on all seater stadia. We had to do this, and it was bloody expensive. We did it with loans and debts, and it eventually caught up with us. Many other smaller clubs than our own ended up in far worse positions than we did due to trying to comply with this requirement, and St Johnstone capitalised on this by stealing a march on that competition.

The topic had moved on to Cowan and Cosgrove. I have given my opinions on them both against the broader topic of how Hearts are presented and perceived by the media and broadcasters. St Johnstone are often held up as an example of a well run club. This is pish imo. 

Hope this clears things up for you. A football forum is about opinions in topical threads. Hence my rant. 

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Lloyds TSB? It's been a while since you checked your shares then? Lloyds Banking Group (a dozen years standing) are trading at a pittance (28p).

I don't think companies were invented to remove liability from shareholders who wanted to make money? Limited company status protects your house, etc., from being used as an repayment asset if your business fails - and prevents the need to sleep in the local park.

8 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Play offs including Aberdeen, Falkirk and Dunfermline weren't required because Brockville couldn't have top flight games.

Aberdeen didnt go down and Dunfermline promoted.  I think.

As much as I don’t particularly like Falkirk, they were shafted royally. My uncle (from Polmont) is a Falkirk supporter, and I remember this at the time. Another club who were forced to spend millions on a stadium that they simply did not have, and as a result they have suffered badly whilst others have capitalised on their situation. 

Hungry hippo
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Cheers mate

Walter Bishop
18 hours ago, Whatever said:

Thought it was 300 according to FOH’s latest tweet?

Whats been said about benefactors?

700 new/increased pledges, since lockdown, confirmed by FOH this morning. 

Edited by Walter Bishop

1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

700 new/increased pledges confirmed by FOH this morning. 

Marvellous news. Brightened up my morning 👍

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

700 new/increased pledges confirmed by FOH this morning. 

Absolutely amazing.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻 

To summarise on what we know so far:

The Scottish game is set up like a pyramid scheme for the benefit of the two teams they want to represent us in European competition. It has been set up in their favour for the best part of a century now but the old way wasn't enough for the two teams so they set up a breakaway league in order to get more with the promise of a little bit more for the rest. Nothing happens in this league without the consent of both of these teams.

When the shit hit the fan this time The Rangers were out front and centre with a statement of intent and an offer to pay all clubs legal fees if they lumped in with them and their dossier. This was strung out for a week with various clubs chipping in with varying reasons for taking action but it turned out to be a load of nonsense to appease their fans with the offer to pay legal fees of other clubs who lumped in with them nothing more than a Trojan horse. It's funny how they have retreated to the same isolation freezer as Boris and Lawell since the dossier was released.

Two QC's have stated publicly that Partick Thistle have a case and we have Petrocelli66 backed up by some Hunt running riot on here with their "case". Partick Thistle's case is different from ours as they are arguing for the play offs to take place to try to win promotion but we don't have that argument, just like we don't have any evidence of "bullying", so, just like The Rangers "case", it would be unwise for Hearts to take the same route. I'm no lawyer so I'm not questioning what anyone is saying with any of the legal aspects but until we know what legal route Hearts would take the word that springs to my mind is supposition and I know fae the telly that supposition isn't a winner.

Gordon Ramsay
5 minutes ago, Sraman said:

To summarise on what we know so far:

The Scottish game is set up like a pyramid scheme for the benefit of the two teams they want to represent us in European competition. It has been set up in their favour for the best part of a century now but the old way wasn't enough for the two teams so they set up a breakaway league in order to get more with the promise of a little bit more for the rest. Nothing happens in this league without the consent of both of these teams.

When the shit hit the fan this time The Rangers were out front and centre with a statement of intent and an offer to pay all clubs legal fees if they lumped in with them and their dossier. This was strung out for a week with various clubs chipping in with varying reasons for taking action but it turned out to be a load of nonsense to appease their fans with the offer to pay legal fees of other clubs who lumped in with them nothing more than a Trojan horse. It's funny how they have retreated to the same isolation freezer as Boris and Lawell since the dossier was released.

Two QC's have stated publicly that Partick Thistle have a case and we have Petrocelli66 backed up by some Hunt running riot on here with their "case". Partick Thistle's case is different from ours as they are arguing for the play offs to take place to try to win promotion but we don't have that argument, just like we don't have any evidence of "bullying", so, just like The Rangers "case", it would be unwise for Hearts to take the same route. I'm no lawyer so I'm not questioning what anyone is saying with any of the legal aspects but until we know what legal route Hearts would take the word that springs to my mind is supposition and I know fae the telly that supposition isn't a winner.

Partick are bottom of the league why would they have any interest in the playoffs 🤣

The Sun apparently saying that all Old Firm games may be postponed until 2021 to avoid them having to be played behind closed doors.

Why? What makes those games merit fans more than any other?

7 minutes ago, Cigaro said:

The Sun apparently saying that all Old Firm games may be postponed until 2021 to avoid them having to be played behind closed doors.

Delusional SPFL twats - i can't see any fans being at games next season 

35 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

34 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Marvellous news. Brightened up my morning 👍

32 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Absolutely amazing.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻 

❤️

83C4900E-9CEA-4FFD-9421-8DE638DDCAD2.jpeg

Fozzyonthefence
22 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Partick are bottom of the league why would they have any interest in the playoffs 🤣

Yep, so Partick’s case is indeed exactly the same as ours!

14 minutes ago, Cigaro said:

Proves the point - that poisonous pair is all that these dolts think about. First and foremost in their thought every time.

Hungry hippo
37 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Love the success of the FoH. Going from strength to strength.

Fozzyonthefence
15 minutes ago, Cigaro said:

What a surprise, special treatment for the only 2 clubs that matter!  Seriously, what is the point of Scottish football? 

gashauskis9
18 minutes ago, Cigaro said:

Here’s an idea.  Can we not just create a separate league for the OF and those that depend on the OF, and leave the rest of us well supported teams to form a proper competitive league as the sport intended?

fast_blood
22 minutes ago, Cigaro said:

Maybe a domestic abuse issue? 

Ethan Hunt
58 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Hope this clears things up for you. A football forum is about opinions in topical threads. Hence my rant. 

The rant part was tongue in cheek. I think you missed the point of my post which why even bother about a tin pot club who sell home baking and juice poured out of bottles. Mickey Mouse club with a Mickey Mouse support, of which Cosgrove is one.

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The rant part was tongue in cheek. I think you missed the point of my post which why even bother about a tin pot club who sell home baking and juice poured out of bottles. Mickey Mouse club with a Mickey Mouse support, of which Cosgrove is one.

Fair enough, sorry if I was a little snarky. The subject is a bit of a pet hate of mine. :lol:

TyphoonJambo
18 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Proves the point - that poisonous pair is all that these dolts think about. First and foremost in their thought every time.

Agreed, on the same page we have two massively differing examples of the good and bad things about foorball, here in our tinpot foitballing backwater. The spfl bend over backwards to accept the OF boaby, whatever or whenever they want. Change the rules, do their very utmost to keep the rich teams richer. Remember Aberdeen wanted a couple of hours time change to enable their fans to actually attend a semi, not so simple then. Now they will not only get to dictate the dates but probably times as well. 

2.The FOH inform us of more than 700 new or increased pledges from the greatest fans in the land. 

Can't even use our correct name, total muppets!

HEARTS AND THISTLE MAILSPORT APOLOGY

• Sunday Mail (UK)
  • 24 May 2020
  •  

Last week we used an image to illustrate our back-page story “Don’t Start New War” in relation to the SPFL voting process that led to the season being ended. We accept this image was inappropriate and caused offence.

We apologise unreservedly to the clubs concerned, Hearts and Partick Thistle, their supporters, and our readers.

Clerry Jambo

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/aidan-smith-hearts-are-my-second-team-2863241

Aidan Smith: ‘Hearts are my second team’

Football is too polarised now - there was a time when Edinburgh football supporters enjoyed watching both clubs

The elegant Donald Ford in action for Hearts against Clyde at Tynecastle in 1970. Photograph: Scotsman Publications

A story the other day that Edinburgh may soon be getting its first new brewery for 150 years – and here was the key bit: in the west of the capital – took me all the way back to 23 September, 1967 and my first Hearts game. 

It was in the old First Division, Dundee the opposition. The crowd was 9,404 and the visitors’ line-up included Jim McLean, who wouldn’t cross Sandeman Street for another four years; George McLean, no relation, who must have been glad to get out of Ibrox if only so the comic Lex McLean, definitely no relation to George, would cease his merciless mirth at the centre-forward’s expense; and a teenage Jocky Scott.

The Jam Tarts – they weren’t called Jambos back then – lined up like this: Kenny Garland, Ian Sneddon, Davie Holt, Alan MacDonald, Arthur Thomson, George Miller, Jim Fleming, Jim Townsend, Donald Ford, Jim Irvine and Tommy Traynor. Hearts won 1-0, Ford scoring the winner in the second half. I can’t if I’m honest remember much about this momentous occasion but the smell of that day has never left me.

The pong from the breweries around Tynecastle attacked the nostrils, or at least they did those of a schoolboy more accustomed to the exciting aromas of Bazooka Joe bubble-gum, Airfix glue and Scalextric after an afternoon’s high-speed cornering.

Did it influence my decision to follow the other Edinburgh team instead? It’s definitely random enough. As random as preferring one shirt colour over another. As thinking one match programme front cover looked classier. As factoring ground access and egress into the ultimate decision. (To get to and from the Gorgie colosseum in ’67 from where I lived, a building site had to be negotiated. Muck from it would invariably spoil the adolescent look I was trying to rock, though goodness knows what that was).

Now for the bit no one believes: Hearts are my second team. I realise that’s a hippie thing to say, a Fotherington-Thomas thing to say (he was the drip in the Molesworth books who would skip around chirruping “Hello clouds, hello sky!”). But it’s true. For one thing, they’re the team, apart from my actual team, in which I’ve invested the most amount of time.

I was the last of the generation to go weekabout to Tynecastle and Easter Road. This was a fine and noble post-war tradition for the men of Edinburgh like my father and it was mostly the men, though in fact my parents did some of their courting at the football. The terraces at both places were packed because Auld Reekie football was the best it’s ever been, before or since.

Rationing continued but not in quality of forward play. One Saturday afternoon the bunneted aficionados could revel in the Famous Five, the next the Terrible Trio. The capital, to quote Harold Macmillan, had never had it so good. Those who witnessed the carnival of two spellbinding attacks will have had a feeling for one team or the other and maybe a passion, but no one was interested in declaring it, or demonstrating the division. After WW2, the country had had enough 
of fighting. Everyone just wanted 
to get along better and enjoy themselves. No one was going to prove they were more Hibs than Hearts by defiantly not joining the throng heading westwards when that was where they really wanted to go. It would have been plain stupid if, in cutting off your nose, you’d missed a hat-trick of towering Willie Bauld, pictured inset, headers.

So my introduction to football began with my father taking me turnabout. Even though the late 1960s wasn’t a golden time for Hearts and I was 
more likely to see a hat-trick of clodhopping Ernie Winchester misses, I attended just as many of their games as Hibs ones for a good three years, and after making my choice would continue to pop along to Tynie if there was an interesting match in prospect such as a European tie or a pre-season visit from some big shots from England. 

Then everything changed. Increased car ownership allowed fans to travel to see their team play rather than watch the other lot. Football became more tribal. Ireland’s Troubles influenced some, as did 
Clockwork Orange/skinhead culture. Fans were scrapping in grim towns so those in one of the world’s most civilised cities thought they’d better do the same.

The scrapping has stopped (mostly, although maybe it could reignite at any time) but these days it’s the done thing to declare yourself one or the other. To show off your tattoos and, if you could, let people peer inside your soul, confirming where you stand. If you support one team, ergo, you must hate the other. The rivalry defines you. It’s always been so. Well, that’s rubbish.

Why can’t I be nostalgic for Ergo Winchester, ballooning another good chance over the School End or indeed a crisp, slotted finish from that fine fellow Ford, he of the Action Man stuck-down hair? Why can’t I feel sympathy for Hearts in their current miserable situation? Why must I be seen to dance on their grave?

But everything is polarised now. The self-interest demonstrated by most clubs recently is yet more tribalism. Hearts might well be top of the self-interest league table but what would you want your club bosses to do in their position? Fight. Yeah. Get intae thum.

Ex-Hearts manager Paulo Sergio has joined the battle. He says that if the club “don’t have the chance to fight for the results after all the investment then everybody will feel it is not fair”. Neglecting to mention those chances largely not taken in the 30 games played, he vows that the fans will “never forgive or forget” seeing the club sent down.

It is too fanciful to hope this kind of talk won’t have the desired effect, or that we won’t hear more of it. The stench of bitterness may end up polluting the skies more than a brewery ever could. Yes, Hearts could use their sense of injustice as motivation while raging about how everybody hates them, but haven’t we got a club who do that already? 

The Jam Tarts, as they used to be, need to find another route back, one more in keeping with their proud history from my father’s time. They may not be the second team of many but remarkably, though they try my patience, they’re still mine.

Seymour M Hersh
40 minutes ago, Cigaro said:

I'm actually in shock after reading Provo's piece. Genuinely in shock.

DAVIE PROVAN SFA are barely relevant on Hampden’s sixth floor and are allowing SPFL to run leagues like Sicialian Mafia writes Provan

IN a rare public appearance this week, SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell offered his take on the Covid-19 crisis.

He said: “We hope all the clubs survive and we are absolutely determined to ensure they all survive.”

Ian Maxwell gave his thoughts on the coronavirus crisis

Nice soundbite, but it’s clear he doesn’t have a clue where our game is headed right now.

My own hunch is that Maxwell and Neil Doncaster will end up at Holyrood begging for a taxpayer bailout.

Either way, a bit of leadership from the SFA is overdue.

Up until now the governing body has been posted missing.

Meanwhile, down the corridor the SPFL has been running the leagues like the Sicilian Mafia.

When Maxwell and running mate Rod Petrie should have been blowing the whistle on Doncaster’s gang, they washed their hands of responsibility.

Those of my vintage will recall different times. Ernie Walker and Jim Farry both had their faults, but they ensured the SFA was always in charge. Those running the leagues knew their place. They were the junior partners in the relationship.

Now the SFA is barely relevant on Hampden’s sixth floor. When they should be holding the SPFL to account they’ve become the SPFL’s glove puppet instead.

Love to know what Maxwell makes of recent events. In particular the Good Friday voting circus that concluded with gullible Dundee MD John Nelms buying a reconstruction fairy tale.

That allowed the SPFL to pursue the only agenda they had from day one. Getting the leagues called, dishing out prize money and to hell with the collateral damage.

That ballot shambles should have been enough to have the SFA flexing some muscle, but they didn’t want to know.

Biggest victims of the vote stitch-up were Hearts and Partick Thistle. No disrespect to Stranraer who were also shafted, but the priority should be looking after full-time clubs whose players play for their living.

My pal Tony Fitzpatrick, the St Mirren chief executive, offered his opinion on the imminent relegation of Hearts saying, “They’d have struggled to get off the bottom and deserve to be relegated.”

Sorry mate, you’re so wrong.

Yeah, the Jambos have been a disgrace and deserved to be bottom of the league when football was stopped. But they still had a decent chance of saving themselves with eight games outstanding.

How can directors of Premiership clubs look Hearts chairman Ann Budge in the eye when the Tynecastle club is facing a £3million hit?

With suggestions Championship clubs will play a curtailed season beginning next January, how do Hearts keep the lights on for seven months without any income?

Only in Scotland would we boot the country’s third biggest club out of the league needlessly.

Mind you, these are the same people who made the lunatic decision to put Rangers in League Two.

Meanwhile, Budge could do without the disingenuous guff she’s hearing.

Hamilton’s Allan Maitland assures us Accies were never in danger, saying, “We weren’t too worried about the team behind us. From that point of view we were a wee bit disappointed the season finished when it did.”

Four points from relegation, 24 points up for grabs and he wasn’t worried? Do us a favour.

Elsewhere, the treatment of Thistle in the Championship beggars belief. Relegated when just two points behind Queen of the South with a game in hand? Are they having a laugh?

With talk of the two lower leagues padlocking the gates for a season, where would that leave Thistle?
Having threatened legal action, Budge is having another go at league reconstruction. A 14-10-10-10 set-up would help a lot of clubs. It would spare Hearts, Thistle and    Stranraer,           see Falkirk promoted and give Brora Rangers and Kelty Hearts a leg up.

In the mythical world of sporting integrity it’s a no-brainer, if only for a couple of seasons.

The Premiership would boast derbies in Glasgow, Edinburgh and the Highlands, with the New Firm derby back where it belongs too.

Are Sky Sports going to object to that? Wouldn’t sponsors, currently running for the hills, buy into it?

Unfortunately, Budge has made a few enemies during this crisis. It’s difficult to see how she gets the numbers to overcome that ludicrous top-flight voting system.

Chances are she’ll be left with the nuclear option of going to the courts. If she takes that route I wish her well.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )