SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

IveSeenTheLight
7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Funnily enough, Sportsound finishes and up you point. Now, I'm not saying you are Dick Gordon, being honest, you probably aren't, but it doesn't really matter. You both have **** all to do with Hearts, you both support a team that Tbags Celtic and Lawell whenever asked, and you can both go and **** yourselves.

I support the Dons and then what’s best for Scottish football. I have **** all to do with either arse cheek.

With respect to the Hearts situation, it has no impact on Aberdeen, so I look at it from what’s the right thing to do.

To that end, I support a temporary solution (and maybe even permanent expansion to 14 teams)

Im not Richard Gordon for the record ( or the media) or have anything to do with Scottish football (other than as a grass roots football coach)

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Angel eyes
30 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Interesting, but it will never happen.

Will you guys play Hibs at Tynecastle or Easter Road?

Will Dundee play at Dens or Tannadice?

How’s this affecting your new stadium plans? Did you get the heads up to start or still waiting

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Angel eyes said:

How’s this affecting your new stadium plans? Did you get the heads up to start or still waiting

It’s on hold.

manaliveits105

The sad thing is we the licence payers pay these clowns wages - no point in complaint to bbc weeg as they proved over the chick dung insult

just stop watching and listening to bbc Scotland going forward 

letsmakesomenoise
3 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

The can will only be kicked down the road if you kick it.

I think everyone knows we are buying STs to keep the club alive not in the hope of watching games.

And this time next season we will be doing the same but with the ability to attend matches live.

Are you seriously telling me people who are “owed” 18 home games will buy another ticket next year.  Some might.  

Once we know what we are faced with, the Club needs to come forward with some credible ways of raising cash from us, which I will eagerly participate in.  

Gutted that we wont be in Tynecastle next season, but unfortunately that looks the likely scenario.

rip van tinkle
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

No insight at all on that show. 

The guy on furlough payment's... It's a great help to clubs. Aye the shitty ones

(it's great for non football staff) 

Celtics average first team salary is just shy of £1m. The furlough scheme won't help them.

He touched on bigger supported clubs being effected by the crowds more, but never went further like to add bigger clubs are also less helped by furlough. 

Basically being a shitty supportered club with shit players paid shit wages is a positive just now. 

Only in Scottish football could this be the case. 

Brechin, Forfar, Hamilton all OK but aye **** the bigger supportered clubs, it's their fault for ehh being bigger supported and depending on that income. 

It's bat shit crazy. 

I'm at the stage now where I hope we are demoted, the championship gets mothballed and 6 months down the line we win the court case and they owe us about £20m. 

Jack ross- Wtf did he say that wasn't obvious. 

I turned it off. 

The bbc is a disgrace politically and thier football coverage is even worse. 

That’s just not true, outside of the arse cheeks and hearts and Aberdeen, most premier league players Will struggle to be on 1k a week, by the time you pay yer tax then the furlough scheme will take care of that. Hibs may have a couple of players getting more but they won’t have many

Worthing Jambo
2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I support the Dons and then what’s best for Scottish football. I have **** all to do with either arse cheek.

With respect to the Hearts situation, it has no impact on Aberdeen, so I look at it from what’s the right thing to do.

To that end, I support a temporary solution (and maybe even permanent expansion to 14 teams)

Im not Richard Gordon for the record ( or the media) or have anything to do with Scottish football (other than as a grass roots football coach)

I actually don’t mind you, the DU fan or Killie Mitch coming on and giving a different perspective on things.

I think it is refreshing and more readable than some😁

Poor Ayr United now..and here's one of the 3 sides considering no championship football for sure

You didn't think twice about sending Partick Thistle down did you Lachlan with all the financial issues that entailed

Clubs may "revolt" or face administration if forced to play behind closed doors without financial help, says Ayr United chair Lachlan Cameron.

Scottish FA chief executive Ian Maxwell believes the game can resume in August as lockdown measures are eased.

But Cameron says it is "impossible" for his Scottish Championship outfit and others to function without fans and no new funds to replace gate receipts.

"You'd have clubs going to the wall sooner or later," Cameron said.

"If we don't have the money coming through the gates, we can't possibly play without help from somewhere else.

"Just enough to cover the basics. Whether it comes down from the SPFL, Fifa, Uefa or the government, I don't know but it's the weekly wages that would be the breaking point for us."

There have been reports of a shorter second-tier season with a delayed start and suggestions that clubs could stream matches to generate revenue.

Release players and go part time then Lachlan if the wages are the issue...it's what you clearly thought Thistle should do or in reality you did not care what they did.

1 minute ago, Worthing Jambo said:

I actually don’t mind you, the DU fan or Killie Mitch coming on and giving a different perspective on things.

I think it is refreshing and more readable than some😁

Agree.

36 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Hearts would beat Aberdeen at Tynecastle, or Pittodrie, or on the moon.

:greggy: 

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

If you wanted what was best for Scottish football, your club wouldn't have shafted Hearts, Partick and Stranraer. Still, as the concentration camp guards said, you were only following orders. Now piss off back to wherever you came from and leave this place to Hearts supporters.

David McCaig
11 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

The can will only be kicked down the road if you kick it.

I think everyone knows we are buying STs to keep the club alive not in the hope of watching games.

And this time next season we will be doing the same but with the ability to attend matches live.

Assuming we are in a functioning league next season, I wonder if the club could give an option to register a virtual attendance for each BCD match.

My season ticket obviously comes with a guarantee from Hearts that I will get 18 games, which is all very laudable but doesn’t help  the club next season.

However, I would happily register a virtual attendance at each home game.  A virtual attendance utilises one of the 18 games I am guaranteed on my ST.

Ethan Hunt
54 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

Is that the real water right argument? One QC gives opinion just like another could give an opposite opinion. Remember the SPFL board didn’t have to consult the clubs - they could have made the decision (imagine jeez). That asked for a vote and I agree there is suspicion around Dundee vote but they voted in favour and within 28 days. Then they called a board meeting and “unanimous agreement amongst the 12 clubs” to stop the season. Clubs in France have just lost a legal challenge who are in the same position as us, very quickly and early on in legal process. They might appeal but the position is as it is.

Listen - I am pissed off as the next person but this “lawyer up” and “ rip the SPFL a new one and we want £10m and an apology” stuff is total fantasy.

Reconstruction is in my opinion our best and realistic option. 

You’ve now won the most ill informed post on JKB award. Well done.

Two QC’s have given legal opinion to Partick Thistle. I have yet to see a contrary opinion to theirs.

The SPFL board did not have the power to call the league. That is a reserved matter and required to be the decision of the members, hence the vote.

The QC legal advice is that Dundee’s vote was cast when it was sent therefore the resolution failed. 

There was effectively an unanimous agreement that the season could not be played out prior to the new commencement of the Sky TV deal. There was a media article today that suggested the “unanimous agreement” was in fact incorrect and that two clubs disagreed.

Clubs in France submitted a case to a court that have subsequently stated that they do not have the authority to deal with it, and that it would require to be heard in a different court.

Finally, you are one of the most negative posters on here in relation to taking legal action. I wonder if that is due to the obvious ignorance you have regarding the circumstances involved, as evidence in your post, or whether you are just keen to dampen the fire amongst the Hearts support in relation to legal action, or if there is some other reason. Strange behaviour regardless.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Poor Ayr United now..and here's one of the 3 sides considering no championship football for sure

You didn't think twice about sending Partick Thistle down did you Lachlan with all the financial issues that entailed

Clubs may "revolt" or face administration if forced to play behind closed doors without financial help, says Ayr United chair Lachlan Cameron.

Scottish FA chief executive Ian Maxwell believes the game can resume in August as lockdown measures are eased.

But Cameron says it is "impossible" for his Scottish Championship outfit and others to function without fans and no new funds to replace gate receipts.

"If we don't have the money coming through the gates, we can't possibly play without help from somewhere else.

"Just enough to cover the basics. Whether it comes down from the SPFL, Fifa, Uefa or the government, I don't know but it's the weekly wages that would be the breaking point for us."

There have been reports of a shorter second-tier season with a delayed start and suggestions that clubs could stream matches to generate revenue.

Release players and go part time then Lachlan if the wages are the issue...it's what you clearly thought Thistle should do or in reality you did not care what they did.

He’ll not have much money coming through his gates from us I reckon if we are playing in the Championship. Chairmen of these treacherous clubs better take that on board.

5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

No impact on Aberdeen ?...you clearly don't seem to think things through

I'll give you a couple for example...it will be easier for you to finish higher in the league and gain financially from it in terms of prize money and a possible European place

You will suffer from a loss of a major travelling support losing income in the process never mind more home fans for a more attractive fixture, corporate income etc

Just a thought for you but you like 'dick'  Gordon seem to know better and it will not be forgotten

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

What does ‘revolt’ mean!!!

Either you put your hand up before the season kicks off and say you can’t play BCD, in which case you drop into L1.  Or you agree to play the season.

Refusal to play any matches = expulsion from the SPFL.

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Yep, voted to screw Partick without a second thought. Perhaps he should have actually read the resolution and understood what he was voting for, but then again, that would have required some degree of intelligence.

They can **** off and die.

Fozzyonthefence
51 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

Realistic not negative. So much wind and pish and little substance.

The substance is coming from a senior QC and other lawyers.  The negative wind and pish is coming from you. 

Ethan Hunt
52 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

Realistic not negative. So much wind and pish and little substance.

And you are responsible for the majority of it.

6 minutes ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

Are you seriously telling me people who are “owed” 18 home games will buy another ticket next year.  Some might.  

Once we know what we are faced with, the Club needs to come forward with some credible ways of raising cash from us, which I will eagerly participate in.  

Gutted that we wont be in Tynecastle next season, but unfortunately that looks the likely scenario.

Yes me and everyone who I know fairly well who have STs - not one from our group of around 10 will seek carry forward even if we are entitled to. 

Not one would even consider it.

I have 4 STs and I’m not including myself in this figure. So it’s around 14 in reality tbh 

Club needs us. 

Ethan Hunt
44 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Is that Sportsound finished then?

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

He’ll not have much money coming through his gates from us I reckon if we are playing in the Championship. Chairmen of these treacherous clubs better take that on board.

Hr won’t have any money coming through the gates if it’s behind closed doors.

Ethan Hunt
17 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Pray tell us, what happened in September 2015 that made you join JKB?

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, rip van tinkle said:

That’s just not true, outside of the arse cheeks and hearts and Aberdeen, most premier league players Will struggle to be on 1k a week, by the time you pay yer tax then the furlough scheme will take care of that. Hibs may have a couple of players getting more but they won’t have many

It is true. 

It was rangers, celtic, Aberdeen, hibs and Hearts I was referring to.

The average salary of Hibs was about £137k, us about £145k, Aberdeen about £160k

Rangers about £600k, celtic was a about £1m. 

(all from memory) 

Tax is irrelevant .

It is ofc helpful but on a sliding scale from celtic to likes of Hamilton who were about £45k average. 

Ranging from almost complete cover (Hamilton) to very little(celtic) 

We already agreed wage cuts as well. 

The bigger clubs also get a bigger % from match day and crowds. 

SectionDJambo
12 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The sad thing is we the licence payers pay these clowns wages - no point in complaint to bbc weeg as they proved over the chick dung insult

just stop watching and listening to bbc Scotland going forward 

It's a cheap program, with an obviously small budget. Produced and presented  by low skill employees, not so ably supported by a bunch of out touch and biased "pundits", with a couple of exceptions. 

Clearly not much emphasis on encouraging the real fans, who put their money into the Scottish clubs, to listen in. It's an armchair fans product.

Best solution yet for the no fans issue..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52782033

Staying in touch with friends and family, business meetings and quizzes - video calls have become a key part of life during the coronavirus pandemic.

And now Danish Superliga club AGF Aarhus are using the technology to bring 10,000 fans to the side of their pitch, despite the season being played behind closed doors when it restarts on Thursday.

At their home game against Randers, AGF will install a giant screen along the side of the pitch, creating what they call "the world's first virtual grandstand" so fans can support the team for free via Zoom - there will even be a section for away fans.

"It's about creating an atmosphere around the game so that the players will see that they have the support from the city even though there are no supporters in the stands," the project's co-ordinator Soren Carlsen told BBC World Service's Mani Djazmi.

"They will hear it, they will feel it and see it on this big screen alongside the pitch."

Carlsen says the idea came from a Danish TV show where artists sing from home and viewers join in via video link.

Bazzas right boot

With regards to the vote and the way clubs voted, this sums it up perfectly. 

POng9wL.jpg

27 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Now dinnae you hod back there Malinga :lol:  You are right though the guy has some sort of F'kn problem why the F'k would an Aberdeen sheep molester or fisherman F'kr ... I have heard they love to slip it up a skate ...constantly come back to JKB to pass the time. Hey maybe he is doing time and this is his time off from getting pounded by big Hamish :lol:

Is big Hamish an aiburdeen Angus?😂

rip van tinkle
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

It is true. 

It was rangers, celtic, Aberdeen, hibs and Hearts I was referring to.

The average salary of Hibs was about £137k, us about £145k, Aberdeen about £160k

Rangers about £600k, celtic was a about £1m. 

(all from memory) 

Tax is irrelevant .

It is ofc helpful but on a sliding scale from celtic to likes of Hamilton who were about £45k average. 

Ranging from almost complete cover (Hamilton) to very little(celtic) 

We already agreed wage cuts as well. 

The bigger clubs also get a bigger % from match day and crowds. 

Where are you getting these figures from?I’ll be absolutely stunned

if we are only 8k a year above what Hibs are paying. Yes we have a bigger squad and yes if stories are to be believed then there’s not much of a win bonus as it’s all paid upfront. 
Said it on another thread but only Kamberi and Allan can be close to 2k basic 

12 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yep, voted to screw Partick without a second thought. Perhaps he should have actually read the resolution and understood what he was voting for, but then again, that would have required some degree of intelligence.

They can **** off and die.

This in absolute spades.................

Guest ToqueJambo
10 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Don’t try to twist it - you said Hearts had no debt which was wrong.

You seem to be living in a fantasy land thinking everything will be ok, like the people that said Covid is nothing to worry about it as it’s just like a cold.

We are currently a Championship team so unless that can be reversed we certainly don’t have more reasons than most to be optimistic. Surely you understand that playing in a mothballed Championship or behind closed doors harms us much more than the other 9 or leagues 1 and 2? £100k a month from FOH isn’t going to help much in that scenario.

We may well have a good legal case but it doesn’t mean we will definitely win or that all the clubs would be able to afford any compensation.  As I understand it we would be relying on Albion Rovers, Elgin, etc to pay their share of any settlement. Many of them simply won’t have any money to pay us and I have no idea if that can be deducted from next seasons tv deal - back to loans / advances again?!

I'm just more optimistic than you. We'll play a team of youths if we have to. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

With regards to the vote and the way clubs voted, this sums it up perfectly. 

POng9wL.jpg

:thumb:

3 hours ago, Deevers said:

He’s another absolute fantasist. He couldn’t run a bath.

Got the easiest ride in Scotland on STV Scotland Tonight the other night. Fan asks banal question on video. He answers. No examination from the smiling host. Utter drivel. Not one Jambo on and no mention of Hearts being expelled.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The wage cuts already taken by the players were to a level that would be their championship wage. No player - without further agreement from them - will be taking a further cut. We’ve been a few weeks ahead of the curve but we have cut all we can on player wages. Clause 12 is the way to go unfortunately.

We can ask for more cuts if we want. 

1 hour ago, graygo said:

No doubt it would start off another set of infighting with robust conversations, then they would do what Celtic wants.

Celtic were first to inform other clubs as to how they saw legal costs and comp being funded. 

37 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The money belongs to the clubs. Whether they have it and have to pay it back, or it is withheld from them is immaterial to a degree. That said I don’t think the SPFL board will have the authority to withhold money that belongs to the clubs. The only reason there was all this debacle about money is because the final payment was based on league placings.

As I said previously the SPFL has 42 equal shareholders, any liability will be shared equally between the clubs.

Have a wee read of this and see if you still believe that.

Screenshot_20200523-184517.png

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, rip van tinkle said:

if we are only 8k a year above what Hibs are paying. Yes we have a bigger squad and yes if stories are to be believed then there’s not much of a win bonus as it’s all paid upfront. 

Been on here pasted from source , I was going from memory. 

Other clubs range from about £45k to 80k iir. 

I'll be a bit out as going from memory. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Doesnt

😂

Aye, it does. 

Did. 

Aye, it did, does. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Cosgrove can’t really be that thick, can he? The whole point being made by Hearts, and a few others, is that nobody should go down under these circumstances. Not us, Partick Thistle or Stranraer. Collective attention to be on all clubs survival, rather than trying to permanently damage a few, just for the hell of it.

You would think that would resonate with his attempts to be a bastion of fair play and looking out for the common man. He’s surely not a hypocrite by being selective in his mantra?

Petty and misinformed right enough.

I admit I like Cosgrove but it's funny that all these folk with so-called left-leaning, even socialist credentials and a belief in the collective etc (I include Celtic fans image of themselves in this) are currently behaving like Tory "everyone for themselves" twats. Only Michael Stewart is staying true to his beliefs in that respect.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, rip van tinkle said:

Doige too. You don't pay 350 grand for someone then offer them peanuts in wages.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Thanks for that answer, my first point in response was that teams would complain about who got who home or away 👍🏽. No wonder the game is in a mess, me me me. 

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

45 minutes at each stadium 

7 minutes ago, rip van tinkle said:

They figures were in the EEN this week 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, rip van tinkle said:

There you go

I was a bit off but in the ball park , but the point is the same - helps other clubs completely, others not so much. 

Add in the reliance of crowds of these clubs, it isn't good for these teams. 

For us we have the whammy of the championship as well. 

Screenshot_20200523_185125_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by Smith's right boot

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I admit I like Cosgrove but it's funny that all these folk with so-called left-leaning, even socialist credentials and a belief in the collective etc (I include Celtic fans image of themselves in this) are currently behaving like Tory "everyone for themselves" twats. Only Michael Stewart is staying true to his beliefs in that respect.

Cosgrove gives all clubs that have had solvency issues dogs abuse, apart from Motherwell because for all his succsses during his career, a wee fat guy from Motherwell and his 40 year old jokes for giggling school kids is the only person making Cosgrove publicly relevant.

Edited by DETTY29

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

There were Red Hand of Ulster and Union Flags at Hampden, this season (3-0) ... in the Hearts end!

As for the Hearts fan attacking Lennon ... well, I’ll leave you alone with your notions of the rest of Scotland not being affected by sectarianism.

PS. There’s another million examples if you want them?

There’s plenty but it doesn’t affect every single person in every part of the land, it’s not any worse than racism or wife beating that’s connected to football. The problem is two teams that thrive on it who the authorities pander too. It’s 2020, the majority of people have bigger issues to deal with than people stuck in the 17th century. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Cosgrov gives all clubs that have had solvency issues dogs abuse, apart from Motherwell because for all his succsses during his career, a wee fat guy from Motherwell and his 40 year old jokes for giggling school kids is the only person making Cosgrove publicly relevant.

Spot on 👍🏽

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )