SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

In Miller’s case yes. His astonishment that there is a machine that tests for coronavirus just threw me off a bit. 😂

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but come on, he surely can't have been surprised at that. Do these pundits live in a parallel world where stupidity is a value that is held in high regard? 

Come on BBC Scotland, retire that imbecile. He is a national embarrassment.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If it wasn't for Hearts, I would really be hoping that all of Scottish football would just curl up and die. A backwater of an association, run by crooks, egotistical ****wits, backed by a sycophantic and spineless media, all for the benefit of carrying on a religious war that finished over 300 years ago.

Scotland, what a country.

This

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If it wasn't for Hearts, I would really be hoping that all of Scottish football would just curl up and die. A backwater of an association, run by crooks, egotistical ****wits, backed by a sycophantic and spineless media, all for the benefit of carrying on a religious war that finished over 300 years ago.

I don’t think you can really blame the whole country for what’s basically a Glasgow phenomena. Most people couldn't care less.

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

This is now getting silly. Lachlan says his ideas are all in his head..

:vrface:

I feel your pain man. I’m done with these slavering morons. Time to hunt down a film and erase Miller and Packy from my mind. 

Diadora Van Basten
1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

And the Record photo of a old grandstand that has been demolished for a few years now. Groundbreaking journalism.

Right enough :facepalm:

Ethan Hunt
32 minutes ago, graygo said:

Any money we might get awarded would surely be split in accordance with the percentage of prize money these clubs received.

Albion Rovers for example finished in 41st place and got 0.19% of the available prize money, if we were awarded, say £3m then they would be liable for £5,700.

I’m not sure why any compensation would be linked to what prize money a club received. Any compensation order would be against the SPFL as an organisation. Each club owns an equal (one) share in that organisation, therefore each hold equal liability. 

If I were the Chairman of a club that voted no to the original resolution I would be fecking raging if I have been lumbered to pay a share of a legal costs to defend a resolution I voted against. I’d be even more raging that I was potentially having to pay more in compensation than a club who voted yes.

In fact, thinking about it. I’d probably join the Hearts legal action (I am sure I could shoe horn myself in to some part of it) and save myself all the legal costs of defeat. Always better to be on the winning side.

132goals1958

This is now getting silly. Lachlan says his ideas are all in his head..

:vrface:

Could not believe what I was hearing. Verbal communication skills obviously not his forte. At least he has had his day in the sun.

japanjambo
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Spot on.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

It is scary to think that some of the folk they have had on the programme in recent weeks, CEOs, Chairman, Owners, SPFL, actually are tasked with running our game.

No wonder the game is truly donald ducked in Scotland.

Not having a media to call them out only adds to the problem.

It’s scary how ill informed they are about most things.

16 minutes ago, Gambo said:

When the government say it is safe to play games with or without fans, clubs should be ready. If not, bye bye.

Spot on.  

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Since when did 8 clubs in the championship get to decide how many games get played in the league next season?

If these cants cannot play. 

Admin or liquidated. 

More prize money for the rest. 

Ofc, there are more sensible solutions but if they start just making shit up at worse it helps any legal action. 

If it gets to that stage. Hopefully legal action brings the whole ****ing thing down. 

From the start, this has been a farce. Absolute shit show. 

2 hours ago, jake said:

He would absolutely love it.

All caught up in his own anal passage enjoying his bohemian visits to Leith and enjoying the Barry gadge banter with Irvine Welsh.

And fighting the colonial establishment that is Heart of Midlothian.

Come ahead Cosgrove ya wee fa..y

That’s my take. He’s a weapon

16 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Well said!

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

If these cants cannot play. 

Admin or liquidated. 

More prize money for the rest. 

Ofc, there are more sensible solutions but if they start just making shit up at worse it helps any legal action. 

If it gets to that stage. Hopefully legal action brings the whole ****ing thing down. 

From the start, this has been a farce. Absolute shit show. 

Agree 👍

Riccarton3
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Seems like the BBC think they have use 'relegated' when talking about Hearts. 

They've noticed what Hearts fans think. Good enough for me.

SectionDJambo

Ist giggle from rubber mooth. Hearts call it expulsion sone giggle call it relegation. 

Turd.

We’ll just keep calling it expulsion then. Especially if it annoys that bunch of idiots.

If Ann Budge gets this reconstruction through, whether by sound argument or clubs worrying about going bust, it will be satisfying to hear these media giants mump about it.

7 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I’m not sure why any compensation would be linked to what prize money a club received. Any compensation order would be against the SPFL as an organisation. Each club owns an equal (one) share in that organisation, therefore each hold equal liability. 

If I were the Chairman of a club that voted no to the original resolution I would be fecking raging if I have been lumbered to pay a share of a legal costs to defend a resolution I voted against. I’d be even more raging that I was potentially having to pay more in compensation than a club who voted yes.

In fact, thinking about it. I’d probably join the Hearts legal action (I am sure I could shoe horn myself in to some part of it) and save myself all the legal costs of defeat. Always better to be on the winning side.

It won’t just be Hearts once we win the floodgates will open. 

Partick, Stranraer, and Falkirk for a start.

accept we are in a shortened championship get the money and crack on.

I imagine Dundee will be willing to come forward about their vote rigging when they realise that they will not be getting any money for a long time.

Edited by Rods

Malinga the Swinga

FFS, to save Doncaster, Lawell and SPFL, here is a list of what they need to do.

Go out to all 42 clubs and ask

1) With no external funding, do you have the finance guaranteed to enable your club to be able to play through season 20/21 behind closed doors? 

If if the answer is yes, great. If the answer is no, then thanks, but you are out of league.

Once they have answers from all clubs, you then split into leagues, or more likely, you have 1 league. You then play each other home and away once, tell Sky that contract needs to be torn up or renegotiated because of Covid 19. 

Not that difficult. We are paying a fortune to Doncaster and he organises **** all.

husref musemic
8 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

And the Record photo of a old grandstand that has been demolished for a few years now. Groundbreaking journalism.

It's the level of desperation to sh1t stir from jackson & others at the record thats astounding

MS talking about how he finds it difficult to accept the hostility shown towards Hearts.

Noting how some have said ‘they’ve had a c**p season, they’ve got far too much money, they deserve to go down‘

Basically calling out 90% of BBC’Scotland’ sports dept.

Edited by FWJ

Riccarton3
1 minute ago, husref musemic said:

It's the level of desperation to sh1t stir from jackson & others at the record thats astounding

Still bitter that the Hearts survived while elsewhere....

Don't underestimate the weegie pain and bitterness of 2012.

13 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

You reap what you sow.

I like American Football and the play offs were really exciting with a number of teams being possible winners before eventually Kansas won it for the first time in 50 years. American Football has a draft system designed to keep it competitive.

Scottish football and football in general is designed so National leagues are uncompetitive .

A form of sporting communism from the world's craziest capitalist nation.

Riccarton3
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yep. He got that one spot on. 

Hostility against Hearts. No shit Sherlock.

Anybody comment on what Stewart said?  

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think you can really blame the whole country for what’s basically a Glasgow phenomena. Most people couldn't care less.

Its poison gets into every corner of society. Every corner.

Paint the town maroon

We have lost the momentum.

The narritive is now about football returning and zero about Rangers accusations and our expulsion.

We need to up the anti on this big time. The 18 game season isn’t he championship doesn’t help us despite what some on here think. It adds another level of complexity into getting a universal agreement on reconstruction. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

I reckon we got 9 minutes. Arseholes.

Could be worse. I imagine Partick and Stranraer got zero. The programme is run by a prick who will defend the SPFL regardless, and manned in the majority by pundits who have no idea what year it is, never mind about Covid 19 testing.

Why on earth do we put up with such shit.

Ethan Hunt
31 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Ignorant prick.

He used to post on here. He probably still has an account and looks in. I remember looking in when he posted a few times. There were a few posters on here who attached themselves straight to his arse. Changed days now though.

28 minutes ago, cheetah said:

so championship clubs want to start early to help out Hearts, WTF does that mean?

It means Hearts are being a pain in the neck, they should just lie down and take what they ‘deserve’ and not make a fuss.  But in order to look like we’re being fair we’re going to make it look like we’re bending over backwards to help them and any talk of reconstruction or starting early with or without fans is all for Hearts benefit and not because Scottish football as a whole is dying on its arse.

SectionDJambo
Just now, norrie1952 said:

I reckon we got 9 minutes. Arseholes.

Much more important “celebrating” the embarrassment of having a club winning league titles whilst having a huge financial advantage over all it’s competitors. How wonderful for Scottish football, and who cares that many other clubs could go bust shortly, due to the lack of action or care by the SPFL board.

Maybe they could also get round to celebrating the way that Celtic regularly win in Europe, and the great success in qualifying for tournaments that the national team has? Scotland really is showing the world, isn’t it.

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Says here ending season wasn't unanimous

He's just a thin "beast" from the Chase 

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, Paint the town maroon said:

The narritive is now about football returning and zero about Rangers accusations and our expulsion.

We need to up the anti on this big time. The 18 game season isn’t he championship doesn’t help us despite what some on here think. It adds another level of complexity into getting a universal agreement on reconstruction. 

Said weeks ago we need to get the legal deal up and running as the longer they delay with talk of reconstruction the harder it will be to get the ball rolling. Unless Budge can be assured of reconstruction happening, this delay is simply their way of making it harder to start legal action as the courts will assume we are taking relegation and move on.

She needs to be clear that should reconstruction fail legal action will commence asap.

58 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Every club across the world at our level is pretty much on its arse right now.  Can’t see any of our players in a hurry to leave their Hearts contracts when no club is going to pay them what they get here.  Our ridiculous contract policy of high basic wage and no money based on appearances means players will be less likely to leave.  we’ll be stuck with the levein losers I’m afraid.

Mainly thanks to CL.

John mcCartney
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Could be worse. I imagine Partick and Stranraer got zero. The programme is run by a prick who will defend the SPFL regardless, and manned in the majority by pundits who have no idea what year it is, never mind about Covid 19 testing.

Why on earth do we put up with such shit.

Should have a posse raiding the studio and hold the krunts hostage .
Expose and protest the corruption.

51 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Willie Miller is such a luddite. Is this really the best the bbc can do. 😀 deary, deary me. 

It’s almost physically painful listening to Gordon gamming him every episode. 

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Said weeks ago we need to get the legal deal up and running as the longer they delay with talk of reconstruction the harder it will be to get the ball rolling. Unless Budge can be assured of reconstruction happening, this delay is simply their way of making it harder to start legal action as the courts will assume we are taking relegation and move on.

She needs to be clear that should reconstruction fail legal action will commence asap.

"As previously intimated the club has been taking legal advice throughout this process and are continuing to do so. We hope that the resolution being prepared will avoid the need to go down this route. Legal action would be both time consuming and expensive. However the cost to the club of relegation would outweigh these considerations."

I know that this might not be as clear as you like, but the last sentence makes it as clear as day to me.

SectionDJambo
4 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

Hearts can dictate their own narrative. Not a bunch of idiots sitting in a studio in Glasgow, who are cheerleaders for Celtic. They can’t prevent Hearts from taking any action they see fit.

20 mins of a yank slaver who doesn't know if he's coming or going .now onto jack Ross. Unbelievable.taking the ba  to the corner flag killing time.get to court budge .only chance.actually infuriating listening to them sniggering

25 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Is this the same Keith Jackson who supports Rangers and never mentions how they are financially?

Malinga the Swinga
18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It isn't restricted to Glasgow.

BBC Scotland are a national organisation, yet are afraid to tackle sectarianism in football. 

The Scottish sport media are national, yet are afraid to tackle sectarianism in football.

The Scottish news media are national, yet are afraid to tackle sectarianism in Scotland.

The Scottish government are national, yet are afraid to tackle sectarianism in football and society in Scotland.

Perhaps people, you and I included, should care more. We should complain and highlight the shite we put up with as ignoring it hasn't done us any good.

7 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

He used to post on here. He probably still has an account and looks in. I remember looking in when he posted a few times. There were a few posters on here who attached themselves straight to his arse. Changed days now though.

Maybe he saw the light.

jambopilms

If championship club are making plans with us in mind,they are clearly not going to vote for reconstruction.

Ethan Hunt
20 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Ist giggle from rubber mooth. Hearts call it expulsion some giggle call it relegation. 

Turd.

I’ve posted the definition already. They really are an uneducated bunch.

Expel -  to force to leave (a place, an organization, etc.) by official action 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )