SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

37 minutes ago, indianajones said:

La Liga gets go ahead for early June. 

Are we going to see a revote to finish the season here? Would be the right thing to do. 

Celtic would go into full victim mode. 

Let's do it. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

David McCaig
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Like there are 2 parallel universes. 

'Project Restart' suggesting everything is on track. Clubs saying its a disaster. 

Restart = the end of furlough = paying players

That is when clubs start to die!!

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

God help us if this fud has the responsibility of getting football going again. 

An utter fartpiece.

He’s another absolute fantasist. He couldn’t run a bath.

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Like there are 2 parallel universes. 

'Project Restart' suggesting everything is on track. Clubs saying its a disaster. 

As long as any restart timing suits Celtic, all will be fine and dandy.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

So, what you are saying is that all those other club CEO's/Chairmen who voted to expel us were competent to run their football clubs, and that if anyone had voted to support us then they would have been "soft as shit". Nice.

Are you actually supporting Hearts through this crisis? Because from where I'm looking, if you were a trolling interloper you couldn't be doing a better job at having a go at us.

No. What I'm saying is we'd look after our own interests and couldn't care less if we were relegating Hamilton or St Mirren. Of course we wouldn't. There'd be uproar on here if we didn't. 

She's already said "i won't fight this to the death", she's already had reconstruction rejected once and it will probably be again because she's allowed clubs to receive payments without trying to stop that and get the resolution voided.

If she was serious about a legal challenge she would have begun legal action already instead of threatening it. Now she's still trying to save face with reconstruction. It's weak and she's frittering away any leverage we have or had. 

Lawyer up and get them in court asap or gtf. It might not and probably won't come to anything but it's better than being walked over but shitty wee clubs like St Mirren and it will cost them time and money. Do you think someone like Mercer would be playing tea parties with the SPFL? Absolutely not.  

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

He’s probably right. 
In this 9 in a row, Rangers were at the weakest in their history, and weren’t in the same division for 3 seasons.

Back in the 60s, when Celtic started off their last record, Scottish teams regularly were decent in European competition. The standard required to achieve 9 in a row then, was much higher, clearly indicated by Celtic also winning the European cup. The current Celtic team call qualifying for the group stages, of the current format, a success.

I had to laugh when I read that somebody had told James Forrest he was as good as Jimmy Johnstone. 

It was four seasons, we left them

down there remember 😜. One was when they went into administration and lost ten points, the last being won after 30 games. So that’s 6 of the 9 with an asterisk beside it, I might well mention that to a few Celtic fans on social media just for a laugh.

Ethan Hunt
23 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If she hadn't pissed money away through epic mismanagement of the first team, the stand etc... We'd be financially better off. 

Have a think about that. 

The fact that you are now involved in a debate - that you are losing handsomely - with half a dozen other posters should tell you that you are talking shite.

Have a think about that.

So in Scotland we postponed football on March 13th with 8 games to play and Spain stopped on March 23rd with 11 games to play.

And La Liga restarts on approx June 12th.

And we called our Season.

Randy Marsh
4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

In fairness he says 600 new pledges rather than 600 new pledgers. 300 new pledgers and 300 increased pledges accounts for the 600 figure.

Hopefully there might be a few more that sign up when Levein leaves. 

SectionDJambo
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

It was four seasons, we left them

down there remember 😜. One was when they went into administration and lost ten points, the last being won after 30 games. So that’s 6 of the 9 with an asterisk beside it, I might well mention that to a few Celtic fans on social media just for a laugh.

So it was. 
So 4 seasons without Rangers. 4 with a significantly weakened Rangers. 1 incomplete season.

Some achievement, right enough.

Ethan Hunt
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He speaks like he is chewing on a sock so maybe that's where the confusion arose.

I took that from reading his article on the BBC website. Maybe he types with  chewed socks on his hands though.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, japanjambo said:

Who is this clown?

Ian Maxwell,Chief Executive at the SFA who left Partick last year to take up this job. I bet they’re happy with all his help with the current situation and their demotion.

japanjambo
Just now, Skiba said:

So in Scotland we postponed football on March 13th with 8 games to play and Spain stopped on March 23rd with 11 games to play.

Utter shambles.

David McCaig
Just now, Skiba said:

So that we could relegate sides to divisions that won’t restart until 2021!!

Riccarton3
4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Maxwell is just waffling  utter drivel and the quality of questioning is diabolical 

Appointed to maintain the status quo. Nothing more. A lightweight.

Just now, Skiba said:

Exactly.  It doesn’t matter they’re the second biggest league in world football or anything and we are about 80th. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

FFS. How many idiotic questions is this idiot going to be asked 😠

Genuine question but to work for both the SPFL and SFA do you generally not have to know much about football??Listening to this clown and Doncaster aswell over time i genuinely worry that these muppets are running the show 🙄 its like they won a prize competition and are now top brass in the respective organisations 

Malinga the Swinga

With Dunfermline canning 17 players yesterday, you might have thought that fat useless piece of shit that runs them would have been called into Sportsound to explain the position. After all, just over a week ago, he was telling everyone he was proud of the company he kept and how he was part of Baird who were doing what is best for Scottish football.

We ask players to take 25% cut and you get Harper, McManus, Miller as former players along with complete ***** like Bill Leckie telling everyone Hearts are a disgrace. Where is the outcry now, where is the outrage and the demands from media to do the right thing?

Where are the apologies for Hearts and Mrs B for being virtually the only club who saw what was happening and took steps to ensure players kept receiving at least a wage. Guess, that would be too much to hope for as apologies would require a backbone on behalf of these wankers.

Pasquale for King
Just now, SectionDJambo said:

So it was. 
So 4 seasons without Rangers. 4 with a significantly weakened Rangers. 1 incomplete season.

Some achievement, right enough.

Exactly. 

norrie1952
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

:rofl:

All flair, nae substance.

Football in August my arse.

The programme is full of them. If it wasn't so serious it would be comical 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, rory78 said:

Genuine question but to work for both the SPFL and SFA do you generally not have to know much about football??Listening to this clown and Doncaster aswell over time i genuinely worry that these muppets are running the show 🙄 its like they won a prize competition and are now top brass in the respective organisations 

Rod Petrie shows that football knowledge is not a requirement, as much as it should be.

6 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Don’t try to twist it - you said Hearts had no debt which was wrong.

You seem to be living in a fantasy land thinking everything will be ok, like the people that said Covid is nothing to worry about it as it’s just like a cold.

We are currently a Championship team so unless that can be reversed we certainly don’t have more reasons than most to be optimistic. Surely you understand that playing in a mothballed Championship or behind closed doors harms us much more than the other 9 or leagues 1 and 2? £100k a month from FOH isn’t going to help much in that scenario.

We may well have a good legal case but it doesn’t mean we will definitely win or that all the clubs would be able to afford any compensation.  As I understand it we would be relying on Albion Rovers, Elgin, etc to pay their share of any settlement. Many of them simply won’t have any money to pay us and I have no idea if that can be deducted from next seasons tv deal - back to loans / advances again?!

Any money we might get awarded would surely be split in accordance with the percentage of prize money these clubs received.

Albion Rovers for example finished in 41st place and got 0.19% of the available prize money, if we were awarded, say £3m then they would be liable for £5,700.

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, martoon said:

Wouldn't surprise me if after the 30 games they had a top 2 play off. 4 OF games making 6 in total. 

A poster, I forget who, recently suggested a 16 club league but with 2 extra derby fixture cards added.

It would be bizarre and strange but so is Scottish football. 

I said the same in a past post.

It's not going to make two ****s of a difference to rest of us anyway.

Defeatest? Yes

Realistic? Yes

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Because I don't think the country will be ready to play by August. 

Hopefully I'm wrong though. 

Doubt Scottish Government will allow it even without fans. 

SFA have spoken to Government though. 

It could just be they have to show Premier Sports and Sky that they are planning to start on time. For the tv money installments. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

With Dunfermline canning 17 players yesterday, you might have thought that fat useless piece of shit that runs them would have been called into Sportsound to explain the position. After all, just over a week ago, he was telling everyone he was proud of the company he kept and how he was part of Baird who were doing what is best for Scottish football.

We ask players to take 25% cut and you get Harper, McManus, Miller as former players along with complete ***** like Bill Leckie telling everyone Hearts are a disgrace. Where is the outcry now, where is the outrage and the demands from media to do the right thing?

Where are the apologies for Hearts and Mrs B for being virtually the only club who saw what was happening and took steps to ensure players kept receiving at least a wage. Guess, that would be too much to hope for as apologies would require a backbone on behalf of these wankers.

Spot on but he’s not fat ffs 😜

4B115179-AC24-44AB-BCA9-DCF79B6CFDA4.jpeg

59 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think the standard way is to tell them they have no future at the club and are free to find another club. Obviously you will get those that are happy to sit on their contracts and not be involved in first team action so there is not a lot you can do with those.

The ones who want to play might be prepared to move on to get game time.

Every club across the world at our level is pretty much on its arse right now.  Can’t see any of our players in a hurry to leave their Hearts contracts when no club is going to pay them what they get here.  Our ridiculous contract policy of high basic wage and no money based on appearances means players will be less likely to leave.  we’ll be stuck with the levein losers I’m afraid.

Biffa Bacon
20 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Any other league in the world would be embarrassed about 8.79 in a row not celebrating it.

pisspot league full of small minded (untz.

This, all the talk on sportsound is about 10iar, it's an embarrassment rather than a cause for celebration.

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Absolutely spot on. Great post. 

Malinga the Swinga

I look forward to hearing from eith SJ or the Selkirk choppy as to what news they have heard. They do seem to have some contacts within Hearts and hopefully they will bring some good news. God knows, we could do with it.

norrie1952

Its slightly different from the Bundesliga over here he says. Oh really I would never have thought it. 

Malinga the Swinga

I look forward to hearing from eith SJ or the Selkirk choppy as to what news they have heard. They do seem to have some contacts within Hearts and hopefully they will bring some good news. God knows, we could do with it.

132goals1958
8 minutes ago, ramrod said:

How mdny times is Dick Gordon going to say "just one final thought then " ? 

One final thought Dick --- Should we not have an in depth discussion discussing why we have a Mickey Mouse League which is basically decided before a ball is kicked. Seen as a joke outwith the country One club having everything stitched up from top to bottom which has probably driven tens of thousands from attending on a Saturday afternoon. A budget that guarantees a procession of trophies.Instead of drooling on in terms of how it is a wonderful achievement just tell it as it is.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Every club across the world at our level is pretty much on its arse right now.  Can’t see any of our players in a hurry to leave their Hearts contracts when no club is going to pay them what they get here.  Our ridiculous contract policy of high basic wage and no money based on appearances means players will be less likely to leave.  we’ll be stuck with the levein losers I’m afraid.

They might if we activate clause 12 and suspend their contracts depending on where and when we will be playing again.

45 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, when a cashier gets caught stealing  or giving poor service in a shop the ceo is often sacked as it's their fault.... 

Ffs, she sacked CL as manager  in December, she never just sat back and done nothing. 

Anyway, bigger fish to fry. 

Ffs, she should’ve acted earlier. 

In more in-depth discussion as there’s been on the subject for months, that’s been the point. 

Anyway, as you say. 

Ethan Hunt
13 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

especially considering this is the third time its happened in just over 50 years. In fact 26.79 seasons of last 54.79 were seasons which were part of a 9 in a row run. Thats almost 50%. Hardly shows that its difficult, worth celebrating or that Scottish football is in a healthy position.

I attend Scottish football games to support Hearts. I enjoy our wins, savour our great goals (including those scored in defeats) and remain hopeful that we can win some silverware on a regular basis, but accept that it will only be once in a while. Other than that my interest in Scottish football is nil. It is one of the most uncompetitive leagues in the world. How anyone who knows about football can see one team winning 9iar and upteen trophies on the trot as an ‘achievement’ astounds me. 

Another interview just with Richard Gordon. 

Michael Stewart - "why did we not play this seasons games" 

Tommy Brown
7 minutes ago, graygo said:

Any money we might get awarded would surely be split in accordance with the percentage of prize money these clubs received.

Albion Rovers for example finished in 41st place and got 0.19% of the available prize money, if we were awarded, say £3m then they would be liable for £5,700.

Pretty much what should happen.

£30m prize pot less £3m or whatever, gives the prize pot for season 2020/21.

So, if we won the championship, we would win 2.25% of the revised figure.

Riccarton3
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Willie Miller is such a luddite. Is this really the best the bbc can do. 😀 deary, deary me. 

Jobs for the boys. Quite sad for anyone with talent who wants to get into broadcasting. It's a closed 'chip' shop. And any attempts to alter the quality would be met with real hostility.

Edited by Riccarton3

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )