SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

BelgeJambo
4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Poor Wright... brutally axed. :(

Why don’t St Johnstone just go to their fanbase and ask them to help out? Start a wee collection. They could ask someone at FoH for advice on how to set it all up. Stuart Cosgrove could start the ball rolling by bunging a few grand in, like an act of philanthropy or something.

:indeed:

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

500ClubCraig

“Premiership clubs have been given a targeted return date of 11 June for player training before the new campaign.“

So all their players and associated staff, physios etc will need to be taken off the furlough scheme from then?

Staff on state-funded furlough during the coronavirus pandemic are still allowed to train while they have temporarily ceased to work – as long as their employer’s core business is not training.

“Employees cannot do any work for employers whilst they are on furlough. They can do volunteer work, or training if this does not provide services to or for the employer, or generate revenue for the employer.”

Full time supervised Training for a Professional Footballer is surely in breach of the scheme as that is their normal work!

Lets see how many clubs can afford to put together a squad, pay them and cover the costs of testing etc.

Doctor FinnBarr
19 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Poor Wright... brutally axed. :(

Why don’t St Johnstone just go to their fanbase and ask them to help out? Start a wee collection. They could ask someone at FoH for advice on how to set it all up. Stuart Cosgrove could start the ball rolling by bunging a few grand in, like an act of philanthropy or something.

Isnt that what Gary Glitter was snared for?

I'm taking the piss before you bite Mothy

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

36 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I see that St Johnstone winger Drey Wright (one of their best players) looks to be off after St Johnstone offered a "brutal" wage cut (he is out of contract.)

Where's rentagob Fraser Wishart when you need him?

Doctor FinnBarr
22 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

Where's rentagob Fraser Wishart when you need him?

Still a bit upset we didn't play him cause he was shite. He's never got over that.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, 500ClubCraig said:

“Premiership clubs have been given a targeted return date of 11 June for player training before the new campaign.“

So all their players and associated staff, physios etc will need to be taken off the furlough scheme from then?

Staff on state-funded furlough during the coronavirus pandemic are still allowed to train while they have temporarily ceased to work – as long as their employer’s core business is not training.

“Employees cannot do any work for employers whilst they are on furlough. They can do volunteer work, or training if this does not provide services to or for the employer, or generate revenue for the employer.”

Full time supervised Training for a Professional Footballer is surely in breach of the scheme as that is their normal work!

Lets see how many clubs can afford to put together a squad, pay them and cover the costs of testing etc.

It’s great isn’t it, they don't have to restart on the 11th so they could save money by delaying it. I would love to know if it was Jason Leitch that decided it was only the top league who could train or if it was the SPFL that suggested it.

CavySlaveJambo
1 hour ago, 500ClubCraig said:

Add in the deferred wages that will also be owed. 

Plus the clubs potentially will have to start contributing if they keep the staff furloughed beyond August, which means in reality the championship needs to start by October at the latest, as well as league 1 (Falkirk and Patrick - I’m pretty sure Alloa and Arbroath are both part time still).   

Also wtf are all the leagues having their meetings at the same time. It just allows one group to prevent anything from happening. AGAIN. 

6 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I totally understand where you are coming from! Certainly the general demeanour of Scottish people and how they express themselves is ‘different’! When you live elsewhere you recognise the difference. Certainly on this forum and across football there are some of the worst examples of what you describe. But most are good people!
PS grow a thick skin for the responses from sensitive defensive people that you will receive!

You’ve either missed the last 15 years or so on here or not been irritated by me. I have plenty thick skin mate.

I also don’t know why someone thinks my point was political.

Its entirely down to the Scottish attitude, and demeanour. 

Losers mentality. Negative mentality.

Pessimists mentality. Bitter.

Tribal. Bigoted.

It permeates every element of our society. But football is the shining light that properly exposes it.

Edited by Jammy T

17 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

1 minute ago, comradejambo said:

Shocking this comes out as soon as Doncaster gets the name. The guy wanted to remain anonymous. Such a classless group the SPFL (obviously the DR also!)

I’d probably suggest that Mr Anderson is more than comfortable with these revelations. 

Any tweets from Tam yet? 

6 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Isnt that what Gary Glitter was snared for?

I'm taking the piss before you bite Mothy

I know. :) 

I think it was actually what his pal Jimmy used, to hide his naughty behaviour though.

A shame that it has come to this. Hope Anderson was happy to waive his anonymity.

Glad he’s backing us for the next five years.

I hope his Philanthropy to the wider SPFL stops at the lower leagues though. Actually, would he be allowed to put money in to a direct competitor if he is also giving money to us?

Hmmm... would the laws of the game not mean that he could only put in money to clubs that are t in direct competition to us? Or have I just made that up... like Romanov us and Kaunas. 

Is it possible that this has been meticulously planned? I suspect legal action is now very imminent. I repeat, I think Ann may be playing a blinder here.

David McCaig
14 minutes ago, Tenor said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-anderson-unmasked-spfl-mystery-22117004

If James Anderson makes SPFL investment Hearts MUST be relegated - Keith Jackson

Keith Jackson is an absolute ^^^^! How is this f****** halfwit still employed?

Just when you think you can't hate Scottish Football anymore than you currently do!!

braveheart
15 minutes ago, Tenor said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-anderson-unmasked-spfl-mystery-22117004

If James Anderson makes SPFL investment Hearts MUST be relegated - Keith Jackson

Managed to slip Scottish football, principles and sporting integrity into the same sentence 😡

32 minutes ago, Tenor said:

What an absolute ******* that man is. A bitter *****. This is the man Ewen Cameron used to suck up to on that Real Radio Football phone in, all the time putting the boot in to Hearts as a part of that banter. 

A major player in the business world has stepped in and offered to help save Scottish football, and this complete and utter halfwit pens a story where the main objective is to try and stop Hearts from saving themselves from unfair expulsion, and to try and protect Neil Doncaster.

Let the above paragraph sink in for a few seconds. At a time when our national sport is on its knees, Ann Budge has managed to attract one of the wealthiest investors out there, and they are willing to put in cash to save an organisation that couldn’t even get another sponsorship deal with a bookmaker. An organisation headed up by a man who has consistently failed to get us a TV deal that reflects the value of the product, and who’s incompetence or corruption has led us to the brink of legal action to atop the unfair expulsion of its third biggest club... and Keith Jackson writes that pile is steaming horseshit, where he makes expelling Hearts the main priority? What the actual ****?

Scottish Football is on its knees and the ref is on about the eight count. Our governing bodies only care about a pathetic decade long procession of titles to one club, and quickly drafted a resolution to that effect, leaving three teams unfairly expelled from their divisions as a result. At a time when we were supposed to be pulling together to save all clubs and make sure none were unfairly punished by a global pandemic, the SPFL decided to throw three of its clubs in front of a bus. Meanwhile Ann Budge brings one of the biggest players in the business world to the table to try and get Scottish Football off the canvas, and Doncaster tells her to put it in writing, whilst bitter slavering arseholes like Keith Jackson twist and wriggle in an attempt to try and use it against Budge and Hearts.

This risible ***** of a man should not be allowed anywhere near Tynecastle ever again for this hatchet job. He is no friend of Hearts.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

David McCaig
13 minutes ago, Bickfest said:

Is it possible that this has been meticulously planned? I suspect legal action is now very imminent. I repeat, I think Ann may be playing a blinder here.

In what way?

This offer of philanthropy, seems to be the ultimate example from a Hearts perspective of the road to disaster being paved with good intentions.

So, as far as we know all the guy wanted was to remain anonymous. Before he’s invested, potentially millions, in the lower leagues Keith Jackson decided to out him 😮. Way to go Keith. 

3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

What an absolute ******* that man is. A bitter *****. This is the man Ewen Cameron used to suck up to on that Real Radio Football phone in, all the time putting the boot in to Hearts as a part of that banter. 

A major player in the business world has stepped in and offered to help save Scottish football, and this complete and utter halfwit pens a story where the main objective is to try and stop Hearts from saving themselves from unfair expulsion, and to try and protect Neil Doncaster.

Let the above paragraph sink in for a few seconds. At a time when our national sport is on its knees, Ann Budge has managed to attract one of the wealthiest investors out there, and they are willing to put in cash to save an organisation that couldn’t even get another sponsorship deal with a bookmaker. An organisation headed up by a man who has consistently failed to get us a TV deal that reflects the value of the product, and who’s incompetence or corruption has led us to the brink of legal action to atop the unfair expulsion of its third biggest club... and Keith Jackson writes that pile is steaming horsehair, where he makes expelling Hearts the main priority? What the actual ****?

Scottish Football is on its knees and the red is on about the eight count. Our governing bodies only care about a pathetic decade long procession of titles to one club, and quickly drafted a resolution to that effect, leaving three teams unfairly expelled from their divisions as a result. At a time when we were supposed to be pulling together to save all clubs and make sure none were unfairly punished by a global pandemic, the SPFL decided to throw three of its clubs in front of a bus. Meanwhile Ann Budge brings one of the biggest players in the business world to the table to try and get Scottish Football off the canvas, and Doncaster tells her to put it in writing, whilst bitter slavering arseholes like Keith Jackson twist and wriggle in an attempt to try and use it against Budge and Hearts.

This risible ***** of a man should not be allowed anywhere near Tynecastle ever again for this hatchet job. He is no friend of Hearts.

Very very well said

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So, as far as we know all the guy wanted was to remain anonymous. Before he’s invested, potentially millions, in the lower leagues Keith Jackson decided to out him 😮. Way to go Keith. 

If Anderson agreed to waiving his anonymity then fair enough. If not... ****ing hell... 

Theres no way a journalist (fnar) as incapable and incompetent as Jackson figured out who the benefactor was. Either Anderson wanted to be revealed, or Doncaster has told him.

I look forward to reading about mr Anderson’s upcoming defamation or Libel case against the ‘journalist’ and his employer🧐

hughesie27
10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Another bit of yesterday’s sport sound was that Aberdeen had furloughed their players, a bit late in the day. When the top league teams go back to training in June all that stops surely, back to full costs for them and Hibs.

7 hours ago, 500ClubCraig said:

You are allowed to train whilst on the furlough scheme.

3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

If Anderson agreed to waiving his anonymity then fair enough. If not... ****ing hell... 

Theres no way a journalist (fnar) as incapable and incompetent as Jackson figured out who the benefactor was. Either Anderson wanted to be revealed, or Doncaster has told him.

You may well be right that Doncaster outed him.  There have been rumours for a long time that The big benefactor was from Baillie Gifford though.  

4 minutes ago, jamb0_1874 said:

Keith Jackson deserves all the hatred he gets, however is the daily record story not by Gary Ralston? 

No, it’s an “opinion” piece... very careful to make that clear, to save the paper any blowback, by Jackson. Ewen Cameron’s hero.

This is also the guy who was invited to Romanov’s home when we Scotland played Lithuania, along with a few more of the press pack. He then penned an article complaining about the champagne being warm, and talked about Skodas being abandoned (parked) bear the stadium.

Can’t upload a screenshot as I can’t change the photo size and JKB doesn’t allow photos above a certain size.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

3 minutes ago, jamb0_1874 said:

Keith Jackson deserves all the hatred he gets, however is the daily record story not by Gary Ralston? 

There are two separate stories. One revealing him by Ralston, another "opinion" piece by Keith Wankson

jamb0_1874
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

No, it’s an “opinion” piece... very careful to make that clear, to save the paper any blowback, by Jackson. Ewen Cameron’s hero.

Can’t upload a screenshot as I can change the photo size and JKB doesn’t allow photos above a certain size.

Ah fair enough, I only read that one story then left the page 👍

I am not in the know, but I suspect that James Anderson was comfortable with being "outed". That clearly demonstrates that he is not connected to Hearts in any formal way.

I think this is deliberate. It shows, apart from anything else, that Hearts are not  bringing undue or unfair pressure on the SPFL clubs in relation to reconstruction. So, we have done everything we can to mitigate our loss from the unfair expulsion (and its damage to other clubs), and we have sourced independent finance to help smaller clubs through this difficult period. No threats, bullying or intimidation. Best staying whiter than white for when the real action starts.

Edited by Bickfest

In all honesty, I hope Anderson walks away from helping the wider SPFL after that. Keep helping Hearts, and just let these *******s fiddle whilst Rome burns.

All Jackson and Ralston have done for me now, is to make me want the reconstruction talks to fail. Anderson can save the lower league clubs from oblivion, and Hearts can take the SPFL to court. Legal action now my preferred choice.

Hope if this was done without  the benefactors knowledge this doesn't stop him investing in Hearts going forward . 

What a mess this is turning out to be . Ann is either playing a blinder or making a complete Horlicks of this . 

Edited by ramrod

11 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

All Jackson and Ralston have done for me now, is to make me want the reconstruction talks to fail. Anderson can save the lower league clubs from oblivion, and Hearts can take the SPFL to court. Legal action now my preferred choice.

This for me, but with a huge number of exclamation marks and a tonne of swear words added.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
34 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Let the above paragraph sink in for a few seconds. At a time when our national sport is on its knees, Ann Budge has managed to attract one of the wealthiest investors out there, and they are willing to put in cash to save an organisation that couldn’t even get another sponsorship deal with a bookmaker. An organisation headed up by a man who has consistently failed to get us a TV deal that reflects the value of the product, and who’s incompetence or corruption has led us to the brink of legal action to atop the unfair expulsion of its third biggest club... and Keith Jackson writes that pile is steaming horseshit, where he makes expelling Hearts the main priority? What the actual ****?

Scottish Football is on its knees and the ref is on about the eight count. Our governing bodies only care about a pathetic decade long procession of titles to one club, and quickly drafted a resolution to that effect, leaving three teams unfairly expelled from their divisions as a result. At a time when we were supposed to be pulling together to save all clubs and make sure none were unfairly punished by a global pandemic, the SPFL decided to throw three of its clubs in front of a bus. Meanwhile Ann Budge brings one of the biggest players in the business world to the table to try and get Scottish Football off the canvas, and Doncaster tells her to put it in writing, whilst bitter slavering arseholes like Keith Jackson twist and wriggle in an attempt to try and use it against Budge and Hearts.

Post. 👍

Randy Marsh
15 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

In all honesty, I hope Anderson walks away from helping the wider SPFL after that. Keep helping Hearts, and just let these *******s fiddle whilst Rome burns.

Agreed.  Scottish football doesn't deserve any help.  I hope many of these diddy clubs go to the wall.

Wonder who leaked his identity to the Record. Just coincidence im sure that it coincides with AB putting Doncaster in touch with him.

Edited by Balders
Spelling

frankblack
8 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Plenty clubs in the top flight that could go bust, never mind the lower leagues. Maybe if Kilmarnock and St Johnstone get flushed away, there will be a couple of spots open for Kelty and Cove? Should keep Cosgrove happy that scenario, he’s all about promoting the wee teams.

Any clubs that depend on giving 3 of their stands to the old firm 4 times a season must be absolutely shitting themselves.

26 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think a lot of folk will share this view. I know I do. 

9 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Hope if this was done without  the benefactors knowledge this doesn't stop him investing in Hearts going forward . 

What a mess this is turning out to be . Ann is either playing a blinder or making a complete Horlicks of this . 

The benefactor has been quoted, so I would have thought he would at least be aware that the article was being published. It seems likely indeed that he gave a brief interview. This could be a very interesting week.

Tommy Brown
35 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Can’t upload a screenshot as I can’t change the photo size and JKB doesn’t allow photos above a certain size.

Edit the screenshot, crop it and save. Then try again. That's what I do.

28 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Seems pretty much inevitable, doesn't it? Popcorn ordered!

1 hour ago, Tenor said:

Not going to click on that trash but let's get this right. The offer should be unconditional UNLESS it's to the detriment of Hearts?! 

This whole fiasco has shown up the football reporters/commentators in this country for what they are. They live in their shite bubble and I hope that bubble bursts soon with us holding the pin, watching them crash and burn. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

So what have we done to the Scottish media that makes them so bitter and twisted towards us? 

Just now, Still Tynie said:

So what have we done to the Scottish media that makes them so bitter and twisted towards us? 

We didn’t die.

Rangers did.

Seymour M Hersh
42 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You may well be right that Doncaster outed him.  There have been rumours for a long time that The big benefactor was from Baillie Gifford though.  

Actually the first time I've heard that tbh. 

It's James Anderson that says no strings. So to prove his offer is genuine he "wants" hearts to be relegated... Well played... 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )