SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

48 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I am so glad I left Scotland over 10 years ago. I am ecstatic that my daughters are growing up down here.

Scotland is full of narrow minded, pig ignorant tribal bigoted assholes and football is a microcosm of the country as a whole.

Absolute clowns all over the place.

If it wasn’t for my family and Hearts I wish the place would rot. And my family would leave if they could.

Narrow minded, insular and backward.

Surprised that JKB allows racist posts.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Independence
22 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

👍👍👍👍 And i live abroad. 

Superb. Live where you want to if you can. Live your own dream.

Unknown user

I don't mind if everyone else in Scottish football hates us, it just makes it obvious why we have to stand up for ourselves.

Tam McManus is going to be furious by the end of this

:verysmug:

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

I am so glad I left Scotland over 10 years ago. I am ecstatic that my daughters are growing up down here.

Scotland is full of narrow minded, pig ignorant tribal bigoted assholes and football is a microcosm of the country as a whole.

Absolute clowns all over the place.

If it wasn’t for my family and Hearts I wish the place would rot. And my family would leave if they could.

Narrow minded, insular and backward.

Pretty much agree with that,  worked down south for a good 15 years before coming back, both have their good and bad points but up here there is a section of society full of bitter, twisted, self-interested, bigoted clowns it's unreal.  This is encapsulated in the ongoing SPFL debate, Scotland is a society supposedly renowned for looking out for one another, particularly in a crisis, but in football it's everyone for themselves.

Thankfully it's a minority.

Edited by Chuck Berry

5 minutes ago, Graham Thomson said:

I'm with you 100%, beautiful country ruined by  racist, narrow minded, bigots, 

It will never change sadly 😓

Outwith the messed up football set up I think you will find that Scotland is recognised as one of the most open forward thinking countries in the world. Not everything is perfect but I can assure you, as someone who has travelled a fair bit, we certainly are a more welcoming and understanding nation than most. 

3 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Outwith the messed up football set up I think you will find that Scotland is recognised as one of the most open forward thinking countries in the world. Not everything is perfect but I can assure you, as someone who has travelled a fair bit, we certainly are a more welcoming and understanding nation than most. 

Far too sensible a post for JKB

WorldChampions1902
6 minutes ago, kila said:

So beyond the xenophobic remarks from a poster wishing they were i8...

What will tomorrow's meetings bring?

Good point. Can we keep this on topic please.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

As someone who lives about as far away from Scotland as you can get, I am extremely proud of my heritage.

For me there is no country like Scotland, no city like Edinburgh, no sports club like Hearts and no person like Robert Burns.

You need to move back home then pal 😂

Riccarton3
1 hour ago, 1953 said:

As I remember it, we quickly said that the players would need to take a 50% pay cut and got all sorts of abuse for it. A couple of days later the furlough scheme was announced and we put the players on to it. That meant that the wage cuts would only have to be 20 to ,30% to achieve the same saving for the club. I am also of the opinion that all the other clubs have also furloughed their players, even Hibs and Aberdeen with their deferments. 

Ah, right, our 'players ARE on furlough now and the club pays up to the new wage (after the cut).Thanks for the clarification. 

Edited by Riccarton3

ginger jambo98
6 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Wee loser is back......

Been v quiet on this subject on here for a while but... Philanthropists. Free money.

Face with tears of joy
With no ‘self interest’ of saving Hearts from relegation. Prepared to throw money into a black hole in a time crisis. Financial blackmail surely the last throw of the dice for Ann Budge?

I'd love to play poke against that bleach haired wee gimp. A clever person's response would be, "that's great, the league and clubs are crying out for money, let's see how we get these guys on board to help us out of the crisis". But naw, the Leith Loser blurts out his usual guff with a laughing emoji. How do cretins like him get credible airtime in the media. He wasn't a great player. He didn't play for a top club. He has never brokered a financial deal in saving a cash stricken business. And yet he somehow gets to put forward a view to thousands of people who believe he is a credible voice, especially the Cocksider Dunts, pretty much sums up our media and footballing experts. No wonder the game's a bogey up here, even calls himself T Man because he can't spell Thomas. Puddle licking jobbie chewing gimp. 

Rant over. 

JamboAndrew
Just now, ginger jambo98 said:

I'd love to play poke against that bleach haired wee gimp. A clever person's response would be, "that's great, the league and clubs are crying out for money, let's see how we get these guys on board to help us out of the crisis". But naw, the Leith Loser blurts out his usual guff with a laughing emoji. How do cretins like him get credible airtime in the media. He wasn't a great player. He didn't play for a top club. He has never brokered a financial deal in saving a cash stricken business. And yet he somehow gets to put forward a view to thousands of people who believe he is a credible voice, especially the Cocksider Dunts, pretty much sums up our media and footballing experts. No wonder the game's a bogey up here, even calls himself T Man because he can't spell Thomas. Puddle licking jobbie chewing gimp. 

Rant over. 

Sorry, feeling a bit clueless here.

Who is he?

I'm assuming it's one of the sportscene presenters as I stopped watching the two arse cheek love in show a long time ago.

Whoever he is he is a classless knobjockey. As I'm assuming he is supposed to be talking about what is best for Scottish football in an impartial way, not posting like a 12 year old kid.

There should be some sort of test before people are allowed a social media account.

3 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Who is he?

I'm assuming it's one of the sportscene presenters as I stopped watching the two arse cheek love in show a long time ago.

Whoever he is he is a classless knobjockey. As I'm assuming he is supposed to be talking about what is best for Scottish football in an impartial way, not posting like a 12 year old kid.

There should be some sort of test before people are allowed a social media account.

GD2486888.jpg

JamboAndrew
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

GD2486888.jpg

Have you just photoshopped some clueless ned onto a hibs footballer? 

Don't recognise him, so just another non entity of a player and as a human being no doubt.

Edited by JamboAndrew

manaliveits105
4 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Who is he?

Whoever in the media who actually employs this idiot should be sacked for wasting his company’s money and insulting the public’s intelligence

1 minute ago, JamboAndrew said:

nope that clueness ned actually played for hibs

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Wee loser is back......

Been v quiet on this subject on here for a while but... Philanthropists. Free money.

Face with tears of joy
With no ‘self interest’ of saving Hearts from relegation. Prepared to throw money into a black hole in a time crisis. Financial blackmail surely the last throw of the dice for Ann Budge?

First, yes philanthropists do give away free money to causes they like. That's why they're philanthropists. Also like how he put self interest in quotes indicating it might not be self interest and so undermining whatever point he's probably trying to make.

Also acknowledges it's a black hole crisis right now yet thinks demoting a club in that climate is fine. Also, not sure it can be blackmail if she's not asking for anything in return. 

Aside form all that, a great Tweet. One of the best. Trump-like even.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Am I right in thinking if training starts for the top Division 11th June testing starts that day too ? If so I can’t see all the teams being compliant. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, parwj said:

Am I right in thinking if training starts for the top Division 11th June testing starts that day too ? If so I can’t see all the teams being compliant. 

If anything, testing should start beforehand.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

First, yes philanthropists do give away free money to causes they like. That's why they're philanthropists. Also like how he put self interest in quotes indicating it might not be self interest and so undermining whatever point he's probably trying to make.

Also acknowledges it's a black hole crisis right now yet thinks demoting a club in that climate is fine. Also, not sure it can be blackmail if she's not asking for anything in return. Good effort though.

he’s just finding his confidence now he’s left hibs and doesn’t need to run errands to Greggs and scotmid anymore. He’s a nobody that has to take up extreme positions otherwise he’d be ignored. 

Edited by GinRummy

Randy Marsh
6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

GD2486888.jpg

The photo looks like it was taken after he scored one of his very few goals for Hibs.  He has a look of shock and doesn't know what to do.

Tommy Brown
30 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

GD2486888.jpg

Harpo Marx played for the Muppets. Didn't know that.

Can't be Harpo, he never spoke inane drivel, in fact he never spoke at all.

Tommy Brown
28 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Also acknowledges it's a black hole crisis right now yet thinks demoting a club in that climate is fine. Also, not sure it can be blackmail if she's not asking for anything in return. 

He's a ****ing imbecile.

Blackmail??

the action, treated as a criminal offence, of demanding payment or another benefit from someone in return for not revealing compromising or damaging information about them.

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

The photo looks like it was taken after he scored one of his very few goals for Hibs.  He has a look of shock and doesn't know what to do.

I think that hair dye seeped into his pea brain 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

English Championship now due to start again in a few weeks.

Our league looking more and more tinpot for rushing into calling it early. I get the point that our clubs would struggle to fund testing and especially with no gate receipts but that will be the case regardless unless they mothball all our leagues including Premier until the new year (or beyond), so I still don’t see why 8 fixture cards could not have been completed if starting in June or even July/August. 

If the resumption wasn’t going to happen the SPFL should have put forward a resolution calling it but part of it should have been a scenario to avoid any club being unfairly and disproportionately harmed through being demoted because of a global pandemic and because they had the misfortune to be bottom

at the point the music stopped when politicians said it should, ie outside their control of football clubs and authorities. 

Instead they took the calling the leagues and prize money decision first and took the sting/incentive out of any constructive dialogue on recon. The majority of clubs are happy now, they have their cash, some have won leagues/promotions, some Europe, some have avoided relegation when there was still a threat of it happening for them, and then there’s the rest of the clubs in the middle who are kind of “meh”. So the appetite for reconstruction, temporary or permanent, is gone and they are all happy to royally shaft 3 fellow members. Meanwhile Doncaster on his £400k salary a year sits back and let’s it all unfold without getting his hands dirty. 

and more and more pundits get wheeled out to give the “aye but Hearts were pish” line. We know we were, but the season wasn’t over and clubs have escaped worse predicaments at that point in the season; if clubs were relegated on the basis of the first 30 games then what’s the point in playing the rest from now on? St Mirren case in point last year they were bottom but finished 11 clear of Dundee.

and now not only are we being demoted but the league we are in might be mothballed for months because the clubs can’t afford to test/play behind closed doors. Couldn’t make it up and I for one cannot wait time take these chancers to Court. They can ram it with their chat of “Hearts are harming Scottish football”, they put us in this corner and the majority of our fellow members showed us no fraternal support.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
43 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

GD2486888.jpg

wasn’t his biggest achievement scoring what he thought would give Hibs a 4-2 win at Tynecastle on 2 January 2003? 

genuinely don’t know how this non entity of a footballer gets air time nowadays. It’s like the Hibs equivalent of Stephen Simmons or Paul McMullan 

yes philanthropists do give away free money to causes they like. and in Edinburgh we have one of the greatest .JKR.

Why did he change his name from Jarkko Wiss anyway? I suppose it must have been because it rhymed with a description of himself... oh wait...

5 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

I suggest you check your history.

The debt Hearts built up was under the Pie man before him, not Romanov. The world economy collapsed and the banks called in the debt, during Romanov.

I notice that, whilst your are wrong about the debt as we owed £19m when Romanov took over and settled £30m of debt when we called in the administrators, you aren't disputing that Romanov's desire to play Football Manager with a real team quite likely cost us the league. 

The Romanov era was exciting and maddening in equal measures but being dishonest about his time in charge just to throw shade at Ann Budge is ****ing preposterous. 

Super_Hans
5 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

wasn’t his biggest achievement scoring what he thought would give Hibs a 4-2 win at Tynecastle on 2 January 2003? 

genuinely don’t know how this non entity of a footballer gets air time nowadays. It’s like the Hibs equivalent of Stephen Simmons or Paul McMullan 

He recently changed his Twitter profile pic to his celebration of that goal.

Got pointed out to him that it was from the 4-4 game.

The silly prick quickly changed it to something else.

:greggy:

48 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Don't recognise him, so just another non entity of a player and as a human being no doubt.

If he looks like Hibs class, has hair like Hibs class and probably smells like Hibs class, then guess who he played for?

Second division Hibs scum behind Rearend, O’Connor, Weir and Griffiths but, still classless.  Get my drift?

Poor old SPFL.  If it wasn't for this irritating virus, everything would have bern peachy.  They could have celebrated Celtic's latest treble as if it was an achievement and awarded Rangers two extra referees next season as a consolation.  Instead, they are slap bang in the middle of an utter debacle.  

Any 2nd wave would probably see every club in hibernation and quite probably just one club which would come out of that in a solid financial position.  That would be us.

The Verminator
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Another bit of yesterday’s sport sound was that Aberdeen had furloughed their players, a bit late in the day. When the top league teams go back to training in June all that stops surely, back to full costs for them and Hibs.

I didn`t think it was possible to link into the furlough scheme whenever you wanted, I thought you had to have signed up by a particular date. Mind you, I probably have that wrong!

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, The Verminator said:

I didn`t think it was possible to link into the furlough scheme whenever you wanted, I thought you had to have signed up by a particular date. Mind you, I probably have that wrong!

I’m not sure but that was what was said yesterday, can’t find anything in the media about it either. Maybe they don’t need to be taken off it when they go back to training, or us that part of their job 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?!?!

A13FF43A-6370-48BF-AF1A-8C39D00B1811.jpeg

7EE1D09D-8D82-418A-9137-29F1226B8594.jpeg

JamboAndrew
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Whoever in the media who actually employs this idiot should be sacked for wasting his company’s money and insulting the public’s intelligence

This guy is on TV? That justifies why I avoid the TV if some no mark guy that used to play for hibs is some voice of Scottish football.

JamboAndrew
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

nope that clueness ned actually played for hibs

In my defence, it's an easy mistake to make.

I think McManus sees himself as growing in the media since he started his shite stint on the after dinner speaking circuit. 

I had the misfortune of being in his presence last November at a Champagne Breakfast. Just told stories you’d hear off her mates down the boozer but I’m sure he thinks highly of himself.

Welt.  

The Verminator
1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

Yes you can. A client of mine is furloughing some employees for 3 weeks, them employing them for 3 weeks, then back on furlough. They are still employees throughout the entire period so it’s fine to do that.

Thanks for clarifying that!

JamboAndrew
30 minutes ago, Morgan said:

If he looks like Hibs class, has hair like Hibs class and probably smells like Hibs class, then guess who he played for?

Second division Hibs scum behind Rearend, O’Connor, Weir and Griffiths but, still classless.  Get my drift?

Surely whoever is employing him in the media would at least go for someone the average punter would recognise. I despise the list of shitestains to mention. But at least I'd recognise their names and ugly puss'.

Well, not sure I'd recognise Weir to be honest.

slashishere
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You need to move back home then pal 😂

I don't think anyone living in NZ should be looking to come anywhere near this country for the foreseeable!!

JamboAndrew
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

I think McManus sees himself as growing in the media since he started his shite stint on the after dinner speaking circuit. 

I had the misfortune of being in his presence last November at a Champagne Breakfast. Just told stories you’d hear off her mates down the boozer but I’m sure he thinks highly of himself.

Welt.  

I hope you sat there waving 5 fingers on one hand and 1 on the other.

45 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Poor old SPFL.  If it wasn't for this irritating virus, everything would have bern peachy.  They could have celebrated Celtic's latest treble as if it was an achievement and awarded Rangers two extra referees next season as a consolation.  Instead, they are slap bang in the middle of an utter debacle.  

Any 2nd wave would probably see every club in hibernation and quite probably just one club which would come out of that in a solid financial position.  That would be us.

Irish Steve liked this.  

Heartsmad1874

ON CALL 

Kelty Hearts and Brora Rangers could still join SPFL next season as smaller clubs could go bust

KELTY HEARTS and Brora Rangers might still realise their SPFL dream — even if reconstruction doesn’t help them get there.

SunSport understands part of the initial round of league revamping talks included the stark possibility some smaller clubs could go bust.

Kelty and Brora could join the be promoted if clubs go bust

Many sides in the lower divisions depend on attendances to cover costs, but there’s no sign of crowds being allowed into grounds any time soon.

Highland League champs Brora and Lowland League title winners Kelty have so far been blocked from promotion, despite being named as winners of their leagues.

Having the two clubs to call on to plug any gaps could become a possibility, while lower league football remains in cold storage.

They would normally have played off against each other, with the winner facing League Two’s bottom side for a place in the SPFL next season.

But with football unable to be played they were both told that wouldn’t be happening this season. The mechanics of how one would be chosen if there was only a single place wasn’t explored in the talks three weeks ago.

Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer are being relegated after finishing bottom on a points-per-game ratio.

Jambos owner Ann Budge has put together a secondary reconstruction proposal which would keep the status quo with three divisions of 14 her suggestion.

But that looks set to be booted out in the coming days as well.

Heartsmad1874

LEAGUE CUP BOOST 

Betfred Cup not over yet as Premier Sports tell SPFL they will be flexible over new start date.

PREMIER Sports have told the SPFL they are willing to be flexible over a new start date for the Betfred Cup.

SunSport revealed last week the tournament was under threat due to the Covid-19 crisis.

The Betfred Cup is scheduled to kick off with group stages on July 11 - but that is now a non-starter.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster has held urgent talks with Premier, who also have rights to the Scottish Cup.

And it’s understood the broadcaster assured him they are keen to screen a rescheduled Betfred competition later in the season.

The Premiership could now kick off on August 1 after the government gave top teams the green light to resume training on June 11.

But uncertainty over the future of the lower leagues makes it impossible to plan for the Betfred Cup.

A streamlined competition later in the season could be one solution - with Premier open to discussing new dates.

Meanwhile, lower league clubs will put forward a proposal to SPFL chiefs aimed at re-starting Leagues 1 and 2 in October.

Talks between north-east sides Peterhead, Cove Rangers, Forfar and Brechin have seen them agree that they could play fixtures with stadiums at one-quarter capacity.

Re-starting fixtures in October - possibly with three rounds of fixtures - would bring in much-needed revenue.

It’s hoped that by that time restrictions on bars and restaurants would also have eased, allowing clubs to sell hospitality packages for games.

One club spokesman said: “Most of the clubs take the view that using stadia at quarter capacity would suit our needs and would get us back into action.”

Now they plan to put it in front of the SPFL Board to see if it gains approval - but after the positive zoom meeting between Holyrood ministers and football bosses on Friday, they’re optimistic it will get the green light.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

LEAGUE CUP BOOST 

Betfred Cup not over yet as Premier Sports tell SPFL they will be flexible over new start date.

PREMIER Sports have told the SPFL they are willing to be flexible over a new start date for the Betfred Cup.

SunSport revealed last week the tournament was under threat due to the Covid-19 crisis.

The Betfred Cup is scheduled to kick off with group stages on July 11 - but that is now a non-starter.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster has held urgent talks with Premier, who also have rights to the Scottish Cup.

And it’s understood the broadcaster assured him they are keen to screen a rescheduled Betfred competition later in the season.

The Premiership could now kick off on August 1 after the government gave top teams the green light to resume training on June 11.

But uncertainty over the future of the lower leagues makes it impossible to plan for the Betfred Cup.

A streamlined competition later in the season could be one solution - with Premier open to discussing new dates.

Meanwhile, lower league clubs will put forward a proposal to SPFL chiefs aimed at re-starting Leagues 1 and 2 in October.

Talks between north-east sides Peterhead, Cove Rangers, Forfar and Brechin have seen them agree that they could play fixtures with stadiums at one-quarter capacity.

Re-starting fixtures in October - possibly with three rounds of fixtures - would bring in much-needed revenue.

It’s hoped that by that time restrictions on bars and restaurants would also have eased, allowing clubs to sell hospitality packages for games.

One club spokesman said: “Most of the clubs take the view that using stadia at quarter capacity would suit our needs and would get us back into action.”

Now they plan to put it in front of the SPFL Board to see if it gains approval - but after the positive zoom meeting between Holyrood ministers and football bosses on Friday, they’re optimistic it will get the green light.

Those lower league clubs are deluding themselves, who pays for hospitality in social distancing.

3 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

ON CALL 

Kelty Hearts and Brora Rangers could still join SPFL next season as smaller clubs could go bust

KELTY HEARTS and Brora Rangers might still realise their SPFL dream — even if reconstruction doesn’t help them get there.

SunSport understands part of the initial round of league revamping talks included the stark possibility some smaller clubs could go bust.

Kelty and Brora could join the be promoted if clubs go bust

Many sides in the lower divisions depend on attendances to cover costs, but there’s no sign of crowds being allowed into grounds any time soon.

Highland League champs Brora and Lowland League title winners Kelty have so far been blocked from promotion, despite being named as winners of their leagues.

Having the two clubs to call on to plug any gaps could become a possibility, while lower league football remains in cold storage.

They would normally have played off against each other, with the winner facing League Two’s bottom side for a place in the SPFL next season.

But with football unable to be played they were both told that wouldn’t be happening this season. The mechanics of how one would be chosen if there was only a single place wasn’t explored in the talks three weeks ago.

Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer are being relegated after finishing bottom on a points-per-game ratio.

Jambos owner Ann Budge has put together a secondary reconstruction proposal which would keep the status quo with three divisions of 14 her suggestion.

But that looks set to be booted out in the coming days as well.

Plenty clubs in the top flight that could go bust, never mind the lower leagues. Maybe if Kilmarnock and St Johnstone get flushed away, there will be a couple of spots open for Kelty and Cove? Should keep Cosgrove happy that scenario, he’s all about promoting the wee teams.

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Plenty clubs in the top flight that could go bust, never mind the lower leagues. Maybe if Kilmarnock and St Johnstone get flushed away, there will be a couple of spots open for Kelty and Cove? Should keep Cosgrove happy that scenario, he’s all about promoting the wee teams.

I see that St Johnstone winger Drey Wright (one of their best players) looks to be off after St Johnstone offered a "brutal" wage cut (he is out of contract.)

Edited by jamboinglasgow

5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I see that St Johnstone winger Drey Wright (one of their best players) looks to be off after St Johnstone offered a "brutal" wage cut (he is out of contract.)

Poor Wright... brutally axed. :(

Why don’t St Johnstone just go to their fanbase and ask them to help out? Start a wee collection. They could ask someone at FoH for advice on how to set it all up. Stuart Cosgrove could start the ball rolling by bunging a few grand in, like an act of philanthropy or something.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )