SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Ethan Hunt
4 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

I beg to differ.

The SPFL have sold her a pup and she has lapped it all up. Has gotten absolutely nowhere so far with reconstruction.

Not getting the positivity towards Budge unfortunately. Led us to the Championship, turned us into a rotary club and has been naive, to say the least.

The Mercer Takeover attempt failed. Much like your trolling.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Doctor FinnBarr
4 minutes ago, skjhearts said:

If AB takes it to the court of session it will be heard in Ebinburgh.

Will it? I've got no idea, just thought like the High Court it might tour the country.

JamboGraham
13 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premiership-restart-plan-jeopardy-skint-22113923?1

Sunday Mail reporting that some Premiership clubs say they cant afford the testing. They need money from SPFL to be able to do that. Otherwise they cant play. Kilmarnock are one club saying the cost of testing if its what predicted it is then Kilmarnock are not able to do it. 

So we now are in a position where even Premiership clubs might not be able to play. 

And so it begins...interesting that it’s actually quotes from Billy Bowie rather than ‘a source’ , etc. Where do the league go with this...can’t create a central pot to pay for this (affects distribution of funds) and needs a vote, etc. Can’t give clubs an advance on TV money, clubs can’t get punters in and pay per view is a total red herring and could potentially end up costing some clubs more to produce and distribute than it will bring in...

Just now, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Will it? I've got no idea, just thought like the High Court it might tour the country.

No. All civil cases are heard in Edinburgh.

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Forced reconstruction will be the key phrase by this time next week. Even with a cash injection from Ann's philanthropist friends its daft to think 42 clubs can confirm they can meet their fixture commitments, some of the clubs dont even have somewhere to train!!

Championship clubs in England can expect to pay over £4 million for testing to complete the 2019/20 season

They can either pay it club by club and it seems 8 clubs are going to do this but of those some may make the players pay..others are going to pay an additional premium for a private testing company to do it for them

If Killie with Billy Bowie* are f'ck€d

then Hamilton and St. Mirren have no chance.  

St. Johnstone too. And Motherwell.

* Subject to Bowie still being in situ.

Riccarton3
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Why are Celtic now keen to get the fixtures out?

What shit are they up to now?

Happy enough with a 12 team league? Right before the meeting on Monday they come out with this. 

4 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

And so it begins...interesting that it’s actually quotes from Billy Bowie rather than ‘a source’ , etc. Where do the league go with this...can’t create a central pot to pay for this (affects distribution of funds) and needs a vote, etc. Can’t give clubs an advance on TV money, clubs can’t get punters in and pay per view is a total red herring and could potentially end up costing some clubs more to produce and distribute than it will bring in...

Sponsors or donations only way I think.  Hearts already offered.  Nothing from the big 2 yet.

DesertDawg

"If I go right back to 15 March, I wrote to the SPFL and said we need to look at this so that clubs don't suffer. What I got back was a letter that basically said, 'Yes, if you would like to do the work and tell us what articles need changed, we'll look at it."

"That is not what I expect from the governing body. I expect them to take more leadership.  I should not be the one who's trying to come up with some solution. I and many others can see a tsunami coming towards us. Certain clubs cannot play behind closed doors. Other clubs don't want to for business reasons."

"Everybody knows we have to make a change. Let's make a change proactively rather than waiting for clubs to get into difficulty. It's a nonsense."

Ann, most of us have known that it's been a nonsense for as long as we can remember but it's good to have heard you say it on BBC Radio.

How about The Baxters cup-a-soup Premier league and the Sugar free Iron-Bru League Cup to start with. 😄

The Highland Spring Scottish Cup.

Obviously these companies dont need scottish fitba as much as we do.  

Edited by HMFC01

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Remember many of these clubs are reliant on the old firm visits(some clubs even gift them most of their ground!!).

Popcorn required methinks!

Celtic maybe keen to have fixtures to be set so they can later say no you cannot reconstruct the lge because fixtures have been set.IE we are in control of what happens  in the SPFL.

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

"If I go right back to 15 March, I wrote to the SPFL and said we need to look at this so that clubs don't suffer. What I got back was a letter that basically said, 'Yes, if you would like to do the work and tell us what articles need changed, we'll look at it."

"That is not what I expect from the governing body. I expect them to take more leadership.  I should not be the one who's trying to come up with some solution. I and many others can see a tsunami coming towards us. Certain clubs cannot play behind closed doors. Other clubs don't want to for business reasons."

"Everybody knows we have to make a change. Let's make a change proactively rather than waiting for clubs to get into difficulty. It's a nonsense."

Ann, most of us have known that it's been a nonsense for as long as we can remember but it's good to have heard you say it on BBC Radio.

I'd love for some of her calls to Doncaster to have been recorded!! 

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Looking to see if they can fit in a couple of lucrative preseason friendlies. More than a club you know. 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, skjhearts said:

Celtic maybe keen to have fixtures to be set so they can later say no you cannot reconstruct the lge because fixtures have been set.IE we are in control of what happens  in the SPFL.

Cant see any need for a fixtures list right now, none whatsoever and celtic look stupid asking for one.

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If I believed in a conspiracy would having the fixtures announced have an impact on reconstruction ?

What I mean by that is once the fixtures are announced would it mean a team could not be replaced and we would play next season with 10 or 11 clubs in the top league ?

SpruceBringsteen
16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It'll annoy Rangers, which is their entire reason for existing.

will-i-am-a-jambo
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I'd love for some of her calls to Doncaster to have been recorded!! 

She may well have done that if this ends up in court. I'm obviously speculating here but l know l would be doing that if it were me.

Guest ToqueJambo

See when the 2nd, 3rd or 4th wave hits and the league has to be stopped again. Be interesting to see the reaction of the club in bottom at that moment. Or what if Rangers are top after 15 or 20 games? What if we are top after 15 or 20 the season after next if there's no vaccine and other strain of the virus emerges and we've started the season like we did in 18/19? We get the title? 

The SPFL and other clubs have backed themselves into a corner they may never get out of by creating precedent after precedent in the way they've dealt with it (or not dealt with it). 

Edited by ToqueJambo

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

If I believed in a conspiracy would having the fixtures announced have an impact on reconstruction ?

What I mean by that is once the fixtures are announced would it mean a team could not be replaced and we would play next season with 10 or 11 clubs in the top league ?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, OTT said:

The most frustrating part of this opposition to permanent reconstruction is that it makes no sense. Prize money doesn't get touched unless its put to a vote (to put it more in line with 3-12) Its absolutely ridiculous. 

But yeah, as you say, Doncaster should be stepping in and pushing for it to be permanent. I totally sympathise with lower league clubs in the sense of 6 teams potentially going down in 2022. Thats a huge uncertainty and I think even if we do insist on it being a temporary change, more needs to be done to address this - some gerrymandering around how the vote is put forward to keep the change would be a good start, ie clubs are voting to go back to 12-10-10-10, rather than to adopt 14-14-14, this way its reverting back to the norm which faces the ludicris voting system, rather than the 14-14-14. 

Two 'breakaway' leagues of 14 might be the only solution left to clubs to avoid legal action. Ultimately, if breaking away is effectively just another re-branding exercise to push through 14 team leagues then I think that Sky would be fine with that.  Lets not forget, we don't know how many clubs will survive this so having the breakaway might be the only way of protecting clubs like Hearts, Partick, Falkirk, ICT etc - A 14 team championship could be fitted out with reserve teams from the premiership as a last resort to boost up the numbers. 

Two big leagues made up of whatever clubs are confident they can complete fixtures makes total sense to me. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, JamboGraham said:

I honestly can’t understand why anyone would wish to challenge or question our right to try and ‘save ourselves’? It’s ridiculous to think that we wouldn’t. The remarks of “they deserved it”, “own fault”, “ would have gone down anyway” totally ignore a core feature of football. The game lasts 90 mins

for a reason. Results can change. A one goal swing just before the shutdown and it was another club being expelled.

If it was a regular season and we were relegated after 38 matches then fair enough. But even then I would still expect our club to call foul if we were being relegated to a division that might not even exist!

Incredibly all this ridiculous rush to vote and end the season has done is create an environment where clubs can’t be advanced any funding when facing the most remarkable league season since

the war time leagues. It’s an insane restriction to place on a members organisation!

Our game needs to be looking at how we protect it in a crisis, how we manage a second wave, how we deal with clubs who have outbreaks, how we deal with localised lock downs, etc. No one is asking about this (just moaning about Hearts instead).

The question hasn’t even been asked about who can,

can’t or won’t play in August. No questions about how an 18 match championship could expect any promotion over a 38 match relegated side from the top tier.

Questions every where, for every club but the only one being asked is why Hearts can’t shut up and just go down!! Ann Budge, and therefore our club, are being challenged, mocked and attacked for simply defending our club and looking to get the best possible outcome for our club. That’s the very minimum our club should be doing.

Exactly, they're treating it like a normal relegation when it's obviously not. We'd have none of this save yourself stuff if we'd been relegated after 38. We're being relegated into a league that may not even play at a time of a global crisis, and when there are options to avoid that situation. That's the massive difference the rent-a-gobs are deliberately ignoring.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Finally caught up. Cosgrove's comment about philanthropy is the height of irony given the club he supports were given land for their stadium for diddly squat! In addition, if and when Geoff Brown turns round and says they can't afford testing, what will the dickhead say then? 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Two big leagues made up of whatever clubs are confident they can complete fixtures makes total sense to me. 

Agree.Meetings planned for next week should be based around this. Can you play?Can you complete the season?If not you  bye bye.

Ethan Hunt
30 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Forced reconstruction will be the key phrase by this time next week. Even with a cash injection from Ann's philanthropist friends its daft to think 42 clubs can confirm they can meet their fixture commitments, some of the clubs dont even have somewhere to train!!

Was the philanthropist money not for lower league teams? How ironic that Premiership teams subsequently announce they can’t afford the testing.

CavySlaveJambo
Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Was the philanthropist money not for lower league teams? How ironic that Premiership teams subsequently announce they can’t afford the testing.

That is how I understood it. Championship and down. 

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Or how convenient. 

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Finally caught up. Cosgrove's comment about philanthropy is the height of irony given the club he supports were given land for their stadium for diddly squat! In addition, if and when Geoff Brown turns round and says they can't afford testing, what will the dickhead say then? 

If off the ball is on Sunday, could be worth emailing that to Tam Cowan, jus to hear the reaction/

JamboGraham
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Remember many of these clubs are reliant on the old firm visits(some clubs even gift them most of their ground!!).

Popcorn required methinks!

Indeed and that’s why PPV is a potential financial risk to some clubs. Sky will show Celtic and Rangers as often as they can. Are Sky going to allow clubs to sell Sky footage to supporters on some kind of club TV platform (surely not?), Even if so a Sky day pass is £5.99 so clubs can’t charge more than that per game if Sky are there. Families/households that buy 2/3/4 physical tickets will only buy one PPV ticket, clubs will surely have to give access away ‘for free’ to season ticket holders. With Sky, Alba delayed and Sportscene all in the mix how much market will there be for a PPV ticket. Would away supporters buy rival club TV passes or will clubs need to produce more ‘neutral’ output in the hope ‘away’ fans will purchase. Are the club TV networks robust enough for domestic use rather than the limited ex-pat type current user, etc, etc. Professional sports broadcasting is a complex, expensive industry. It’s not simply a case of rigging up a camera, streaming it via the club website and watching the £22 per person roll in...

manaliveits105

The premier teams can GTF they ain’t getting near the philanthropists offered funds - and rightly so

55 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premiership-restart-plan-jeopardy-skint-22113923?1

Sunday Mail reporting that some Premiership clubs say they cant afford the testing. They need money from SPFL to be able to do that. Otherwise they cant play. Kilmarnock are one club saying the cost of testing if its what predicted it is then Kilmarnock are not able to do it. 

So we now are in a position where even Premiership clubs might not be able to play. 

What's that? Philanthropists are going to pay for the lower leagues to get tested?

Wait, we can't afford it either so can they pay for us too?

That's the jist of what they are saying.

Dont wish to rain on anyone's parde re St Johnstone but if i recall corectly one of the big supermarkerts ,Asda i think, bought there ground  on the promise that they would buy the land from a local farmer then build a new stadium for them.Really camt blame them for that.The old ground was a S ### hole.

Rick Sanchez

It's not our money at the end of the day but it would be very hard for me to take seeing someone associated with Hearts helping these diddy wee teams that have been conniving, lying and laughing at our position.

I'd rather let them reap what they sow. Let their numbers dwindle and I'll laugh just like they've done and more.

6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It's not our money at the end of the day but it would be very hard for me to take seeing someone associated with Hearts helping these diddy wee teams that have been conniving, lying and laughing at our position.

I'd rather let them reap what they sow. Let their numbers dwindle and I'll laugh just like they've done and more.

The benefactors are fairly well known in the finance community. While one or more of them may be Hearts supporters, I know for certain that some of them are not really that interested in football. They are community-minded however and one of the reasons they’ve invested with Hearts is the way that out supporters stood up for the club financially when we were in deep shit. They were hugely impressed by the commitment of the support. 

So they may well be willing to help out others in the wider game at this time. My anger with those who voted to expel us will remain forever but I think they are genuinely philanthropic. However I’m certain that they’ll also be 100% behind Ann when she takes legal action.  

Edited by Zico

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, skjhearts said:

Dont wish to rain on anyone's parde re St Johnstone but if i recall corectly one of the big supermarkerts ,Asda i think, bought there ground  on the promise that they would buy the land from a local farmer then build a new stadium for them.Really camt blame them for that.The old ground was a S ### hole.

They were given the land by Famer McDiarmid and sold Muirton to Asda.

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Cheers Geoff.Think Asda played a blinder there  plus old McDiarmid of course.

buzzbomb1958
28 minutes ago, skjhearts said:

II thought muirton park was ok seemingly had the biggest playing surface in Scotland at one time but I may be wrong

26 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

When you say given the land does that mean it's theirs or does farmer Mcdiarmid still own it

Edited by jamborich

Ethan Hunt
51 minutes ago, Cigaro said:

Or how convenient. 

Agreed. I’m sure some Premiership clubs will have no hard feelings about it though 😉

Doctor FinnBarr
55 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

That is how I understood it. Championship and down. 

Aye but 4 SPFL clubs seem to be saying they can't afford testing now, they can feckin ram it.

Hungry hippo
5 minutes ago, jamborich said:

When you say given the land does that mean it's theirs or does farmer Mcdiarmid still own it

St Johnstone now own it.

Doctor FinnBarr
6 minutes ago, jamborich said:

When you say given the land does that mean it's the theirs or does farmer Mcdiarmid still own it

As far as I know he gifted them the land because he was a lifelong fan.

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, skjhearts said:

No. All civil cases are heard in Edinburgh.

Fair enough, like I said I had no real idea.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

How about The Baxters cup-a-soup Premier league and the Sugar free Iron-Bru League Cup to start with. 😄

The Highland Spring Scottish Cup.

Obviously these companies dont need scottish fitba as much as we do.  

The Testing Premier League, The Tracking Covid 19-20 Scottish Cup and The Played in Isolation League Cup?!?!

Doctor FinnBarr
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The Testing Premier League, The Tracking Covid 19-20 Scottish Cup and The Played in Isolation League Cup?!?!

That one at least sounds a, snigger, goer.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, jamborich said:

It was gifted to St Johnstone

gorgie rd eh11
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

It'll help sell season tickets.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )