SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

6 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

We have been officially 'relegated' though. Decision made. We may retrospectively challenge this legally,  or use to leverage reconstruction. I'm not sure that he is in contract limbo as its not a grey area as it stands right now.  He may wish to wait and see what happens of course but is he not free to leave now, if he chooses? 

Pretty sure both he and the club could terminate the contract now if they want to but are sensibly waiting to see how things pan out.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Cosgrove hates us with a passion. Listened to him this afternoon and had a swipe at us for not accepting our fate. Hates us and Rangers as he sees us as establishment clubs. I listened to him last year and he had the ex Scotland Rugby Captain Doddie Weir who is unfortunately suffering from a dehabilitating illness. He took great satisfaction in trying to claim that any kids playing rugby at schools in Edinburgh must be toffs. The man is a Hibs class inveterted snob who has a chip on his shoulder. He one of those radio presenters who thinks his opinion counts and that he is some offincianado on Scottish football. Needs told that he supports an irrelevant pub team. 

I kid not when I say this fools politics, and his perception of hearts drive his views..  ironic given he supports the biggest tory club in Scotland 

Captain Canada
13 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

20 odd years ago, Off the Ball was a refreshing change. They came on and ripped the pish out of what was stale and out of date coverage of Scottish football. 

Now, they have become a parody of themselves, they have become the very thing they ridiculed, yet they can't see it. They are radios equivalent of Only an Excuse, same jokes, same skits, same guests, same shit.

BBC need to scrap their coverage and start again but they won't, it will be the same old stuff for years, regurgitated time after time.

Spot on. It's cringeworthy every week. 

17 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

We have been officially 'relegated' though. Decision made. We may retrospectively challenge this legally,  or use to leverage reconstruction. I'm not sure that he is in contract limbo as its not a grey area as it stands right now.  He may wish to wait and see what happens of course but is he not free to leave now, if he chooses? 

I don't think it is quite as clear cut as that.  If the original void is struck down, the question is whether or not that decision was void or voidable.

Seems to me that there could be an argument that it was void - in which case Stendel's contract stands.  So long as that is a possible outcome, he is indeed in limbo.

Leveins Battalion
24 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

20 odd years ago, Off the Ball was a refreshing change. They came on and ripped the pish out of what was stale and out of date coverage of Scottish football. 

Now, they have become a parody of themselves, they have become the very thing they ridiculed, yet they can't see it. They are radios equivalent of Only an Excuse, same jokes, same skits, same guests, same shit.

BBC need to scrap their coverage and start again but they won't, it will be the same old stuff for years, regurgitated time after time.

100 % ,Scottish Football coverage on the whole needs fresh blood.

Stuck with same shite for decades.

1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

Tam Cowan is , in general , even handed . Certainly not anti Hearts .

Rapidly going off Cosgrove 

I agree about Cowan, he certainly hasn't been an enemy of Hearts. Motherwell have been saved 5 times from relegation by restructuring or shite bowling club rules so maybe he knows he'd be called out. I saw something recently from a few years back where Cosgrove was looking at the influence of the Irish in the early days of Scottish football, I think it was when the farmers won the cup. There was some interesting stuff I didn't know but it also makes me think now that he has a natural hatred of Hearts because of our perceived History.

1 hour ago, Tynehead said:

Listened to Off the Ball this evening, well done all Hearts fans for not taking the bait about "What Now for Hearts".

To be fair Tam Cowan tried a couple of times to air the its not fair to relegate any team as leagues were not completed.

Quite frankly BBC Scotland is an absolute disgrace. Childishly  pathetic when discussing anything out with the Old Firm. How that condescending prick Gordon is still in a job escapes me. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Saughton was first to post something on here and I said wonder if was same I'd heard and I pm,d him what I'd heard which he confirmed was as he heard but he didn't want to say until he had it confirmed ! Now what I will say I'd I've had it confirmed to me by 3 different sources who will definitely be in the know but will leave it for saughton to post 

I know you and SJ are keeping quiet, but can't you say if you are keeping quiet over good news or bad news?

Whats peoples thoughts on a 16 team top division,  Hearts to stay up    promote United, ICT , Dundee and Ayr United..

You then have  Edinburgh derby,  Dundee derby , Ayrshire Derby ,  arse cheeks bigotfest  , Lanarkshire derby  Highland derby.

Would be a top class division when you add in the Sheep   and St liedown and   Perth and Livi.

Tam Cowan donated money of his own to our cause whilst we were in admin. I know that for a fact.

Cosgrove is a bitter fud.

1 hour ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Stop any use of anything BBC, and stop paying the license fee. Email them to tell them why.

Thats where I am as well - the BBC are finished ( except for Ken Bruce and Pop Master )

6 minutes ago, 6.57 said:

Whats peoples thoughts on a 16 team top division,  Hearts to stay up    promote United, ICT , Dundee and Ayr United..

You then have  Edinburgh derby,  Dundee derby , Ayrshire Derby ,  arse cheeks bigotfest  , Lanarkshire derby  Highland derby.

Would be a top class division when you add in the Sheep   and St liedown and   Perth and Livi.

Fairly split from a poll last month, most preferring 14 teams:

SectionDJambo
35 minutes ago, assessor said:

Sure I heard the 2 of them talking about the song Sunshite on Leith and asked do Hearts fans get goosebumps listening to it.   That and the constant putting the boot into Hearts all day on radio makes me want i hope their clubs join defunct Rangers, Gretna

and Third Lanark.

To be fair, Tam Cowan has been a good friend to Hearts through administration and beyond. He has earned the right to have a wee harmless joke about Hearts now and again.

Stuart Cosgrove, on the other hand, has a bitterness about Hearts that is a strange thing, unless he frequented Hibs Casual functions in his darker past. Thinks he’s the smartest loudmouth in the room all the time.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

To be fair, Tam Cowan has been a good friend to Hearts through administration and beyond. He has earned the right to have a wee harmless joke about Hearts now and again.

Stuart Cosgrove, on the other hand, has a bitterness about Hearts that is a strange thing, unless he frequented Hibs Casual functions in his darker past. Thinks he’s the smartest loudmouth in the room all the time.

Cosgrove is a strange paradox. He likes to position himself as fighting for the underdog, taking on the establishment and sticking up,for the working class man.

The unfortunate thing is that he is an extremely wealthy man, is firmly part of the establishment and is absolutely nothing like a working class man.

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Hearts would beat Aberdeen at Tynecastle, or Pittodrie, or on the moon.

:greggy: 

Moon would be like a home game for them.

Freezing cauld and nae ****in atmosphere.

1 hour ago, rory78 said:

Im just sitting at home now thinking this and shoot me down if im wrong - Anne Budge right now is going about trying her best to rejig the leagues so teams that want to play CAN play??all the while SPFL top dog Doncaster is sitting in his house watching Netflix till Anne calls him with options???is it not his job to tell teams things are looking precarious if so?

absolutely SPOT ON....they are the leadership team??!! where is the leadership.....the league exec taking a back seat while budge does everything?!!

can't believe this is where scottish football governance is at! 

21 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Tam's a good guy - he's always had time for Hearts and definitely helped out the club out in the past. Also always prepared to have a laugh at his own expense.

Cosgrove has never seemed that keen on us. Really not sure why.

In general the football coverage on BBC Scotland is an embarrassment these days. Tom English and Neil McCann are decent pundits but some of their other so-called analysts are absolutely hopeless. 

The Verminator
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I won a t-shirt in an Off the Ball competition years ago when it programme was actually funny

Anyone need something to wash their car with?

Edited by The Verminator

annushorribilis III
6 minutes ago, Steve said:

absolutely SPOT ON....they are the leadership team??!! where is the leadership.....the league exec taking a back seat while budge does everything?!!

can't believe this is where scottish football governance is at! 

SPFL 19/20 - we've  paid for  a 24 page legal opinion on how to end the season, elect Celtic as champs (and get them a champs league spot without pissing UEFA off) , relegate Hearts aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand - you can have your money. Form a queue ,lads. 

SPFL 201/21 - be ready to start in  July/October/January/12th of Nver / f  *** knows. It's all about the clubs. 

13 minutes ago, The Verminator said:

I won a t-shirt in an Off the Ball competition years ago when it programme was actually funny

Plenty toilet roll now so no need....

Class of 75
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

I kid not when I say this fools politics, and his perception of hearts drive his views..  ironic given he supports the biggest tory club in Scotland 

Yep, totally agree my friend. 👍

The Verminator
8 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Plenty toilet roll now so no need....

You wash your car with toilet roll???

50 minutes ago, Boof said:

Moon would be like a home game for them.

Freezing cauld and nae ****in atmosphere.

Wee bit like Fester too, Boof.

Inhabited by funny wee green men who can’t speak properly.

Likesay, ken?

coatbridgejambo
29 minutes ago, The Verminator said:

No. Low on toilet roll though

2 hours ago, glynnlondon said:

LOL SNP won't be changing shit

They clubs ain't Scottish just happen to reside in the weege

Too busy fighting a civil war across the water.

No-one is changing that mentality 

No matter whose in charge

:qqb010:

Got sent a post of Tam Cowan singing about getting passport out and going to Europe because they finished 3rd, tinpot club owned by fans seemingly like ourselves 😂😂😂 really have got to wonder how they are doing it with crowds of 4k at the most, is someone  fiddling the dole or tax office 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Boghell51 said:

Got sent a post of Tam Cowan singing about getting passport out and going to Europe because they finished 3rd, tinpot club owned by fans seemingly like ourselves 😂😂😂 really have got to wonder how they are doing it with crowds of 4k at the most, is someone  fiddling the dole or tax office 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Hopefully a trip to somewhere in Eastern Europe and a horsing as soon as possible. 

I don't know if anyone posted about Tam Cowan mentioning Falkirk having been helped a few times with reconstruction.  Did he mention Motherwell have been helped the most.  I mean they both come across as very knowledgeable guys, state some facts, but missed that one out about Motherwell.

link to it Motherwell v Falkirk via reconstruction

Other than that, I switched it off.  Boring as ****!

annushorribilis III
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Hopefully a trip to somewhere in Eastern Europe and a horsing as soon as possible. 

Having to charter a plane at humungous cost and no cash from the home leg. 

Welcome to the UEFA Money Pit. 

Shame. 

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Exactly, they were the insurgent young Turks when it started, but are now the flabby old establishment. Greg Hemphill was the original presenter, but decided he didn't want to do it long term, which was a shame as he was better than Cosgrove.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

Exactly, they were the insurgent young Turks when it started, but are now the flabby old establishment. Greg Hemphill was the original presenter, but decided he didn't want to do it long term, which was a shame as he was better than Cosgrove.

I think Greg pushed the boundaries too far for the BBC :)

Guest ToqueJambo
19 minutes ago, Boghell51 said:

Voted themselves 3rd. Good job!

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Tam Cowan donated money of his own to our cause whilst we were in admin. I know that for a fact.

This. Cowan is a good guy. Ian Murray's book testifies to this fact. Cosgrove's little barbs and jokes never hit the mark, probably because they're not meant to. He has a dislike of Hearts. 

Off the ball is becoming increasingly out dated. Shows like Open goal, right in the coupon etc are only highlighting how behind the times this show is. The same old gags week after week. Same guests every week as well. I hate the “diddy” team attitude they both have. Like we have to be thankful we get to play the old firm 4 times a season and celebrate mediocrity. 

4 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

This. Cowan is a good guy. Ian Murray's book testifies to this fact. Cosgrove's little barbs and jokes never hit the mark, probably because they're not meant to. He has a dislike of Hearts. 

Goes back to the day he was a wannabe casual and fit set about by the Gorgie Aggro iirc. We didn’t do a good enough job on him. He’s nauseating on the radio and one of the reasons I don’t tune in 

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Both them did.

The only bitter fuds are radges on here.  Off the ball has been a brilliant distraction recently. 

Tam even done a show with all proceeds to keeping us in survival in Tynie.  Great night and he’s a great guy.

Diadora Van Basten

Good guys 

Inverness chairman

Gerry Britton
Tom English

Ewan Murray
Paulo Sergio

Steven Pressley 
Tam Cowan

Bad guys

Doncaster

Lawell

Richard Gordon

Stuart Cosgrove

Gary Mackay
Keith Jackson

Hamilton chairman

Raith chairman 

Tony Fitzpatrick 

Leanne Dempster

Cormack bloke from Aberdeen 

Twat from Livingston 

I like Cowan, but I think Cosgrove is a pretentious wank in the mould of Irvine Welsh.

The show has got a bit dated, but it’s still better than Sportsound. You’re supposed to laugh at Off the Ball, you laugh at Sportsound because its generally populated by total ****ing imbeciles like Dodds, Ferguson, Miller and Bonnar.

Cosgrove has a cheek trying to look down on Hearts for living outwith our means, when the vast majority of the debts that nearly killed us were accumulated through having to build an all seater stadium against a backdrop of fast disappearing TV money, and bank loans. St Johnstone were gifted land, and money for a new stadium. When many similar sized clubs like Airdrie, Partick Thistle, Falkirk and Dunfermline were going to the wall over debts for trying to comply with the SPL rules on stadia, they were sitting pretty. Despite this leg up, they still can’t get crowds through the doors because Perth is rammed full of glory hunting tosspots, who’d rather follow a team that wins each week. As a result, they now find themselves with a squad they can’t afford without selling three stands of their gifted stadium to the very bigots that showed no interest in sitting in the home stand. Boy’s a ****ing warrior poet wannabe wankweasel.

Cowan would be better off unshackling himself from the tit, and doing a show with a young up and coming football presenter, it’d add more to his routine to have someone who was equally witty beside him.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I like Cowan, but I think Cosgrove is a pretentious wank in the mould of Irvine Welsh.

The show has got a bit dated, but it’s still better than Sportsound. You’re supposed to laugh at Off the Ball, you laugh at Sportsound because its generally populated by total ****ing imbeciles like Dodds, Ferguson, Miller and Bonnar.

Cosgrove has a cheek trying to look down on Hearts for living outwith our means, when the vast majority of the debts that nearly killed us were accumulated through having to build an all seater stadium against a backdrop of fast disappearing TV money, and bank loans. St Johnstone were gifted land, and money for a new stadium. When many similar sized clubs like Airdrie, Partick Thistle, Falkirk and Dunfermline were going to the wall over debts for trying to comply with the SPL rules on stadia, they were sitting pretty. Despite this leg up, they still can’t get crowds through the doors because Perth is rammed full of glory hunting tosspots, who’d rather follow a team that wins each week. As a result, they now find themselves with a squad they can’t afford without selling three stands of their gifted stadium to the very bigots that showed no interest in sitting in the home stand. Boy’s a ****ing warrior poet wannabe wankweasel.

Cowan would be better off unshackling himself from the tit, and doing a show with a young up and coming football presenter, it’d add more to his routine to have someone who was equally witty beside him.

Could have saved yourself a few minutes, pretentious wank was enough. 

Fancies himself as a doyen of Scottish culture and people. Put some amount of pish on the schedule when he was at C4, didn't last long 

will-i-am-a-jambo
3 hours ago, jamboozy said:

You’ve got it mate, and the top deviant claims a massive wage for her doing it, meanwhile everyone and their dug is blaming Hearts for fecking Scottish fitba 😏

Its actually a very typical lawyer/solicitor thing to do - let the 'client' do all the work and charge extortionate fees to cover their insanely high wages! 

SectionDJambo
59 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I don't know if anyone posted about Tam Cowan mentioning Falkirk having been helped a few times with reconstruction.  Did he mention Motherwell have been helped the most.  I mean they both come across as very knowledgeable guys, state some facts, but missed that one out about Motherwell.

link to it Motherwell v Falkirk via reconstruction

Other than that, I switched it off.  Boring as ****!

I may be wrong, but did Falkirk not inadvertently save Aberdeen from being involved in a relegation/promotion play off, by not having Brockville passing the requirements for the top league?
In other words, they suffered a rule, preventing them from being able to play for promotion. They don’t seem like a good example to put up for having benefited from reconstruction.

As for St Johnstone, but for a generous farmer providing the land for their current ground, they would have had a major struggle converting Muirton into an all seated, all covered stadium.

Very lucky, and maybe Cosgrove should reflect on that, instead of taking some kind of self praised high ground.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I know you and SJ are keeping quiet, but can't you say if you are keeping quiet over good news or bad news?

Good news

Walter Bishop
14 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Good news

Come on just tell us! We all need a lift.😂

Konrad von Carstein
4 hours ago, Jambo66 said:

From memory, I think the problem was that the legislation was specific to football only - in spite of sectarianism being a societal issue. That is intrinsically unfair.

Also, I think there are existing laws covering everything that that particular law was trying to address - and with more severe penalties.

I always thought that the term "Offensive Behaviour" in relation to the Act was what sent celtic minded morons (James Kelly MSP) into a tailspin...using the term offensive , removed their guttersnipe "it's political" argument...He , JK, should be fckng ashamed,

38 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I may be wrong, but did Falkirk not inadvertently save Aberdeen from being involved in a relegation/promotion play off, by not having Brockville passing the requirements for the top league?
In other words, they suffered a rule, preventing them from being able to play for promotion. They don’t seem like a good example to put up for having benefited from reconstruction.

As for St Johnstone, but for a generous farmer providing the land for their current ground, they would have had a major struggle converting Muirton into an all seated, all covered stadium.

Very lucky, and maybe Cosgrove should reflect on that, instead of taking some kind of self praised high ground.

Play offs including Aberdeen, Falkirk and Dunfermline weren't required because Brockville couldn't have top flight games.

Aberdeen didnt go down and Dunfermline promoted.  I think.

My half sister
46 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Play offs including Aberdeen, Falkirk and Dunfermline weren't required because Brockville couldn't have top flight games.

Aberdeen didnt go down and Dunfermline promoted.  I think.

All very ironic now we are getting expelled after a 30 game league, we have one of the best stadiums in the land, and it's so they can get started on a new league that will get played behind closed doors in front of no one.

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Good news

What percentage chance do you think there is that we will play in the Premiership next season?

Just trying to gauge the significance of this info.

Ethan Hunt
2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Quite why you are having a bit of a rant about a football club that sells home baking and cups of coke poured from 2 litre bottles is beyond me.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )