Jump to content
Heres Rixxy

SPFL declare league due to Covid ( Go to Arbitration )

Recommended Posts

Hectormasson
5 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

The lockdown is expected to be relaxed in May ? Who told you that ? 

 

If you believe that then you are deluded.

 

This lockdown will go on for a long time yet, in fact it may even be made tighter.

 

I really don't mean to be rude, but I think you must have your head in the clouds. 

 

 

There wont be any football this year for    sure ,,, god knows how things will be sorted out,,,  itl be shut pubs ,,shut bookies ,,an d shut football grounds for a long time...... worst f....g luck !!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

 

In today's Richard Gordon/ Wullie Miller / Aberdeen / Sportsound love-in  on BBC Scotland today Tom English made the only point worth taking notice of (as usual). That is,  the SPFL could declare the league to be decided: Celtic-Champions;  Rangers runners-up; Motherwell third ; Aberdeen fourth; and so on down the Hearts twelfth. 

However that's not the same as saying Hearts will be relegated. The discussion then moves on to league re-construction to get round the legal stooshie that will inevitably follow. Pound to a penny that the outcome will be a PL of 14  and Championship of 12.  

It looks like the fairest and most sensible way to do it, when do they ever do that though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
35 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

 

In today's Richard Gordon/ Wullie Miller / Aberdeen / Sportsound love-in  on BBC Scotland today Tom English made the only point worth taking notice of (as usual). That is,  the SPFL could declare the league to be decided: Celtic-Champions;  Rangers runners-up; Motherwell third ; Aberdeen fourth; and so on down the Hearts twelfth. 

However that's not the same as saying Hearts will be relegated. The discussion then moves on to league re-construction to get round the legal stooshie that will inevitably follow. Pound to a penny that the outcome will be a PL of 14  and Championship of 12.  

 

Hasn't the UEFA letter effectively kiboshed that? Celtic might not get CL football in that scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
31 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

We're not going for 10 relegations in a row though.


No, that wouldn’t be possible in Scotland.  Maybe if we were in England though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
upgotheheads
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

Hasn't the UEFA letter effectively kiboshed that? Celtic might not get CL football in that scenario.

 

I'm not sure that the UEFA letter was a definitive ruling. UEFA are currently being railroaded by the TV companies to fulfil the contract for Champions league fixtures, but even UEFA and SKY/BT/BEIN will not be calling the tune when it comes to COVID 19. The virus, and governments, will be doing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maroonsgotop
14 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

 

I'm not sure that the UEFA letter was a definitive ruling. UEFA are currently being railroaded by the TV companies to fulfil the contract for Champions league fixtures, but even UEFA and SKY/BT/BEIN will not be calling the tune when it comes to COVID 19. The virus, and governments, will be doing that.

yup and a vaccine unlikely this year (being talked about 18 months down the line) so any football in front of crowds before then would mean numerous people being infected. They've said the Atalanta vs Valencia in the CL  (played in Milan) was game zero for helping the widespread spreading of the virus in those areas.

 

As always, these types of people are only concerned about (their) money with no regard for the health of people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZanderMIM
24 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

The lockdown may be relaxed in May but social distancing measures will be in place for most of the year which means football unlikely and more likely it will be played behind closed doors.. on the plus side, Belgian league officials were warned that if they award the title for current standings they could be barred from Europe 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985

We have had 700 deaths today from covid and the governments advisors (Steven Powis) are saying this will continue for a week or two but we can slow that if we follow the distancing laws. China has experienced a bit of a surge after trying to relax its social distance rules. This isn’t stopping any time soon and we won’t be seeing football anytime soon. Preston again today made a very good point today about playing games behind closed doors. He used Liverpool as the example saying that do you honestly think that if liverpool are playing at home in a game that’ll see them crowned champions for the first time in 30 years that no one will gather in large numbers to watch a beam back, celebrate etx? Hearts play their games behind closed doors and it comes down to the last game of the season for survival, do we all just stay in the house and wait for kickback updates. The league is going to be called, it’s just a case of working out if we are to be relegated or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sac
13 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

We have had 700 deaths today from covid and the governments advisors (Steven Powis) are saying this will continue for a week or two but we can slow that if we follow the distancing laws. China has experienced a bit of a surge after trying to relax its social distance rules. This isn’t stopping any time soon and we won’t be seeing football anytime soon. Preston again today made a very good point today about playing games behind closed doors. He used Liverpool as the example saying that do you honestly think that if liverpool are playing at home in a game that’ll see them crowned champions for the first time in 30 years that no one will gather in large numbers to watch a beam back, celebrate etx? Hearts play their games behind closed doors and it comes down to the last game of the season for survival, do we all just stay in the house and wait for kickback updates. The league is going to be called, it’s just a case of working out if we are to be relegated or not. 


Your right, and that’s why there won’t be closed door matches. Incidentally if this was 30 years ago and Hearts had a last game of the season must win game behind closed doors I’d be up the floodlights watching it. Canny climb now unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ramrod

This has got Lawells sticky fingers all over it .They will call the league as it stands then put reconstruction out to the teams and blame them when they knock it back . 

We need to be ready to challenge this right away and not wait for any vote in reconstruction or we'll get shafted . 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thecarnbeejambo

this is absolutely what the gfa want. anne may be justifibly criticised for some decisions but she is 100% correct in fighting or corner re relegation. unlikely as it may seem we could take 24 points... maybe we should refer to the pools panel..headed by chris sutton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thecarnbeejambo

this is absolutely what the gfa want. anne may be justifibly criticised for some decisions but she is 100% correct in fighting or corner re relegation. unlikely as it may seem we could take 24 points... maybe we should refer to the pools panel..headed by chris sutton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thecarnbeejambo

this is absolutely what the gfa want. anne may be justifibly criticised for some decisions but she is 100% correct in fighting or corner re relegation. unlikely as it may seem we could take 24 points... maybe we should refer to the pools panel..headed by chris sutton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thecarnbeejambo

this is absolutely what the gfa want. anne may be justifibly criticised for some decisions but she is 100% correct in fighting or corner re relegation. unlikely as it may seem we could take 24 points... maybe we should refer to the pools panel..headed by chris sutton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thecarnbeejambo

this is absolutely what the gfa want. anne may be justifibly criticised for some decisions but she is 100% correct in fighting or corner re relegation. unlikely as it may seem we could take 24 points... maybe we should refer to the pools panel..headed by chris sutton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Central Belt 1874
2 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

 

Thanks. 

 

But in the context of this thread and football in general that link you provided highlights the fact that large gatherings such as fans inside football stadiums is many months away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NB GIN
On 04/04/2020 at 02:42, Cruyff said:

I have no issue with Celtic being awarded the title because they would have won it. Rangers have a game in hand but even if they won that, Celtic are still 10pts clear with 24 to play for. There's no way that they aren't going to pick up 14 points. 

As someone says however, it' can be their tainted title, now they are both equal in that respect and they can enjoy their oneuppery nonsense about that, none of the rest of us care. 

 

Hearts and Partick however are within their rights to contest any idea of relegation because there's no certain probability that either of us would be relegated. That would be unjust imo. 

 

I think they will go with the 14 team leagues plan. For me that is the right call economically and in Sporting fairness. 

I agree it’s the right thing to do but will the other clubs be happy to take a loss in revenue I don’t think they will .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
colinmaroon
15 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

If the figures show the current setup is working the lockdown may be eased off gradually but with strict rules in place for bars etc that reopen. This will only happen a few weeks after the peak, which would allow hospitals to discharge those well enough( happening daily but seldom reported), and allow those in ICU to recover enough to move out of IC and into general wards, and clearly there will be a number who dont pull through.

 

This weekend will be a big test and the peak is expected next week so lets see what happens.

 

Please stay at home and help us to save lives. Ignoring the current rules is killing nhs staff now so if you dont give a **** about friends and family think about those that have lost their lives through no fault of their own, simply because they had to go to work.

 

I do think the London numbers are going to become silly because of the underground usage.

 

Stay safe Jambos.

 

You too!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OldGorgie

UEFA believes that the season can be completed by the end of August. The TV companies are desperate to show live games. Common sense indicates games in SPFL can be played behind closed doors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enzo Chiefo
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

If people stick to the guidelines, it would appear a lot of folk aren’t unfortunately.

If the guidelines are in place for any longer than a few weeks then the floodgates will open and most people will start ignoring them. It is deluded to think that you can lock the entire country down for months based on the advice of a couple of scientists. Forget the warnings, if there are no tax receipts then there will be no NHS to protect. Businesses,  people, life will have to get back to normal before the summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

If the guidelines are in place for any longer than a few weeks then the floodgates will open and most people will start ignoring them. It is deluded to think that you can lock the entire country down for months based on the advice of a couple of scientists. Forget the warnings, if there are no tax receipts then there will be no NHS to protect. Businesses,  people, life will have to get back to normal before the summer. 

 

It is people like you with that type of self-centred selfish attitude that will add months to the lockdown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

If the guidelines are in place for any longer than a few weeks then the floodgates will open and most people will start ignoring them. It is deluded to think that you can lock the entire country down for months based on the advice of a couple of scientists. Forget the warnings, if there are no tax receipts then there will be no NHS to protect. Businesses,  people, life will have to get back to normal before the summer. 

Its not 2 wacky professors have said to lockdown. As for the no tax receipts no nhs I think you are wrong. The lockdown will carry on for as long as its needed. The most vulnerable for the longest.

 

The summer is a long time away. We haven't peaked yet and could easily see 500 more deaths in Scotland alone before we do start to plateau.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

It is people like you with that type of self-centred selfish attitude that will add months to the lockdown.

This.

 

Unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
14 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

UEFA believes that the season can be completed by the end of August. The TV companies are desperate to show live games. Common sense indicates games in SPFL can be played behind closed doors. 

 

Scottish football cannot afford to start without fans and players cannot play without insurance.

 

All indicators are that neither of the above can happen until the virus is all but eradicated or a vaccine is in place.  This is not going to happen before August.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enzo Chiefo
13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

It is people like you with that type of self-centred selfish attitude that will add months to the lockdown.

What exactly is self centred and selfish about not being conformist??I suspect you know very little about the  subject matter and are relying on apocalyptic red-top headlines for your info. If, as is often claimed, saving lives is the most important thing then let's ban all cars. RTAs cause far more lives to be lost than this virus ever will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad Magic
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What exactly is self centred and selfish about not being conformist??I suspect you know very little about the  subject matter and are relying on apocalyptic red-top headlines for your info. If, as is often claimed, saving lives is the most important thing then let's ban all cars. RTAs cause far more lives to be lost than this virus ever will. 


Unbelieveable.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What exactly is self centred and selfish about not being conformist??I suspect you know very little about the  subject matter and are relying on apocalyptic red-top headlines for your info. If, as is often claimed, saving lives is the most important thing then let's ban all cars. RTAs cause far more lives to be lost than this virus ever will. 

 

Complete nonsense, especially your analogy with RTAs.

 

Perhaps you can show the stats that more people died from RTAs than Covid-19 in the past few weeks in Scotland?

 

The lockdown will be extended and enforced if idiots start taking the piss.  If you think otherwise you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad Magic
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

 

Complete nonsense, especially your analogy with RTAs.

 

Perhaps you can show the stats that more people died from RTAs than Covid-19 in the past few weeks in Scotland?

 

The lockdown will be extended and enforced if idiots start taking the piss.  If you think otherwise you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

 


Just over 1800 lost there lives to RTA in the UK 2019.

 

Covid 19 took that in 3 days this week.

 

Enzo I suggest you think before posting complete shite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What exactly is self centred and selfish about not being conformist??I suspect you know very little about the  subject matter and are relying on apocalyptic red-top headlines for your info. If, as is often claimed, saving lives is the most important thing then let's ban all cars. RTAs cause far more lives to be lost than this virus ever will. 


How many people have died in RTA’s the last week?  You still think it’s just a runny nose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing
45 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

UEFA believes that the season can be completed by the end of August. The TV companies are desperate to show live games. Common sense indicates games in SPFL can be played behind closed doors. 

They are in denial then..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:


How many people have died in RTA’s the last week?  You still think it’s just a runny nose?

Ignore, on the wind up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OldGorgie
12 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:


Unbelieveable.

 

 

No he has a point. The last outbreak of AsianFlu in 67/68 led to 80,000 deaths in UK. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Officer Doofy
48 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

based on the advice of a couple of scientists


:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enzo Chiefo
39 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:


How many people have died in RTA’s the last week?  You still think it’s just a runny nose?

 

45 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

Complete nonsense, especially your analogy with RTAs.

 

Perhaps you can show the stats that more people died from RTAs than Covid-19 in the past few weeks in Scotland?

 

The lockdown will be extended and enforced if idiots start taking the piss.  If you think otherwise you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

 

Idiots like our preening, self -righteous CMO Catherine Calderwood? Just caught driving 40 miles to her holiday home???  Mmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

 

Idiots like our preening, self -righteous CMO Catherine Calderwood? Just caught driving 40 miles to her holiday home???  Mmmm

 

You are having an absolute 'mare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

You are having an absolute 'mare.

Would you describe her as being selfish and self centred for breaking her own rules? It's breaking this morning btw in case you hadn't heard.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Officer Doofy

Non-conformism is great when it comes to really unimportant social and personal preferences. Not conforming to mainstream culture in music, the arts and sport or example... or fashion. Not conforming to the advice of epidemiologists (or indeed encouraging others not to) amidst a global pandemic where you could transmit a virus that could kill fellow human beings, is not only selfish, it’s just about the most idiotic thing a person can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Officer Doofy
31 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Would you describe her as being selfish and self centred for breaking her own rules? It's breaking this morning btw in case you hadn't heard.. 

 

I would describe her as such. Also totally irresponsible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamboiain13
11 hours ago, thecarnbeejambo said:

this is absolutely what the gfa want. anne may be justifibly criticised for some decisions but she is 100% correct in fighting or corner re relegation. unlikely as it may seem we could take 24 points... maybe we should refer to the pools panel..headed by chris sutton

you can say that again 😂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGoodLord
9 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

you can say that again 😂

 

😂 and again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy
2 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

UEFA believes that the season can be completed by the end of August. The TV companies are desperate to show live games. Common sense indicates games in SPFL can be played behind closed doors. 


Football being a contact sport and 22 players in immediate contact with each other not including officials and the benches.

not a chance in my opinion.

who is going to take responsibility for deciding this ? That’s a hell of a burden if it goes tits up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambo3tevie
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

If the guidelines are in place for any longer than a few weeks then the floodgates will open and most people will start ignoring them. It is deluded to think that you can lock the entire country down for months based on the advice of a couple of scientists. Forget the warnings, if there are no tax receipts then there will be no NHS to protect. Businesses,  people, life will have to get back to normal before the summer. 

wow,  its people with this attitude that will result in us all spending alot more time in lockdown. Look at the bigger picture, the world is on lockdown, the economy is about to collapse, thousands of people all over the world are dying. The goverment are paying us to stay home, but its ok folks.... forget the warnings, its just a few daft scientists and we all need to get out and about as the summer is coming.

 

:jj_facepalm:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
portobellojambo1
14 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:


I don’t think anyone thinks it came from someone eating a bat. Bats are just major carriers of zoonotic diseases. The market in Wuhan that it was traced back to doesn’t even sell bats. The genetic code of the mutated virus shows that it most likely did originate from bats though. The market where the outbreak was traced to sells live and dead animals together and is extremely busy and crowded. The most likely scenario is that a bat has passed it on to an animal that was being kept in the market before it was slaughtered, possibly a chicken. The disease has then spread to other animals in the market and then humans, through zoonosis.

 

I too struggle to believe the story about eating a bat, and if you'll forgive me I'm also sceptical that it was transferred between two animals. Wrong thread for this no doubt, but in these times a bit protocol is going out the window. I can't help but be a bit suspicious about the fact that the same city in which this market can be found is also a major centre of the Chinese pharmaceutical industry. Was it the case that within one of those companies they were actively looking for a vaccine to any potential problems, given the locals fondness for eating animals, and did something go wrong, or was there an accident which resulted in the virus beginning the process of being passed on. Have they since discovered a vaccine or are they close to doing so. Probably best not to think too much into this I guess and concentrate on wondering when we'l get back to football taking place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It looks like the fairest and most sensible way to do it, when do they ever do that though.

 

Whether it's fair or not is debatable but it is possibly the most workable unless the crisis shows signs of easing dramatically in the next few weeks. I'd go for null and void this season and reorganise the leagues. Having sellik miss out on a championship would be wonderful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

 

I too struggle to believe the story about eating a bat, and if you'll forgive me I'm also sceptical that it was transferred between two animals. Wrong thread for this no doubt, but in these times a bit protocol is going out the window. I can't help but be a bit suspicious about the fact that the same city in which this market can be found is also a major centre of the Chinese pharmaceutical industry. Was it the case that within one of those companies they were actively looking for a vaccine to any potential problems, given the locals fondness for eating animals, and did something go wrong, or was there an accident which resulted in the virus beginning the process of being passed on. Have they since discovered a vaccine or are they close to doing so. Probably best not to think too much into this I guess and concentrate on wondering when we'l get back to football taking place.

 

More concerning is Wuhan is home to China's only BS4 rated lab that specialises in research (meddling with them to create possible bio weapons) into viruses just like this. After all these hideous markets are all over China so why only Wuhan? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

 

Idiots like our preening, self -righteous CMO Catherine Calderwood? Just caught driving 40 miles to her holiday home???  Mmmm


On a tangent: she looks filth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...