SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

46 minutes ago, RENE said:

If we win the papers will still go on about it being all our fault for bringing Scottish football to it's  knees.  We Should have just accepted it from the beginning.  The game will be in turmoil and some clubs will never forgive us for showing how corrupt our game is.

Quite frankly I couldn’t give a shit now what any of the other clubs think about us.  They tried to screw us over. Personally speaking I now hope that the season is called null and void just for the seethe it would cause among the great unwashed in the East End of Glesga and the throbbers in Dundee. We don’t forget or forgive  any of those who sought to do us damage. 

Edited by Deevers

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

lost in space
1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Any timeline for next week yet? 

My GUESS would be that the 2 panel selections were made early last week and they discussed a chairperson about midweek - then enquiry on potential chairs availability of time.

Chairman decided/agreed by last Thursday and arrangements made with court commissioner for production of all papers.

Most papers produced last Friday and zoom call with the 3 panel members to decide on format + witness statements + interviews required.

Over weekend panel members read over court papers.

Monday this week - final papers (apart from statements) required to be produced.

Tuesday - panel zoom discussions and initial views.

Request for added statements/interviews.

Wednesday - QC s + and final statements received.

Thursday morning - interviews + read through all evidence.

Thursday afternoon - zoom meeting and decisions made.

Friday -  Decision announced with written judgement within a week.

Of course this could all be bullocks but this is how I would run it.

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

If we were to achieve a win from the arbitration,    either reinstatement or a significant sum in compensation,    I'm particularly looking forward to the views of the 'Hearts should shut up / take your medicine' gang.     Do they continue to insist that we should have shut up and should have taken our medicine,   or do they suddenly realise the clear implication arising from the decision?    That we were right not to shut up.    Right to avoid the medicine cabinet.

Insisting that we should not have fought this fight,   in the event of us winning the fight,   would surely be the most spectacular thing.     I wonder if self awareness will cut through the disappointment.

Sadly,  I feel we all know the answer to this.     There will be bitterness towards us for years to come whether we win or lose.     I believe it was 100% the right thing to take action though. Any self respecting 'big club' would be fighting this.  It is actually pretty pathetic to just roll over and accept these unjust circumstances. Clubs will know that we will stand up for ourselves now and that we're no push overs.    We need to make that count on the park. 

Edited by Gmcjambo

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Quite frankly I couldn’t give a shit now what any of the other clubs think about us.  They tried to screw us over. Personally speaking I now hope that the season is called null and void just for the seethe it would cause among the great unwashed I the East End of Glesga and the throbbers in Dundee. We don’t forget or forgive  any of those who sought to do us damage. 

Absolutely.

Stitch up right from the kick off. The SPFL only put forward one proposal: call the league and declare Celtic champions. What about the other options such as n&v or playing out the season when possible? 

It was like a dictator holding an election. 

Repetition by the rags and media has now painted us as the bad guys but we aren't nor ever will be. 

Feck United and their "recon under no circs" and, as always, feck Hibs. 

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

If we were to achieve a win from the arbitration,    either reinstatement or a significant sum in compensation,    I'm particularly looking forward to the views of the 'Hearts should shut up / take your medicine' gang.     Do they continue to insist that we should have shut up and should have taken our medicine,   or do they suddenly realise the clear implication arising from the decision?    That we were right not to shut up.    Right to avoid the medicine cabinet.

Insisting that we should not have fought this fight,   in the event of us winning the fight,   would surely be the most spectacular thing.     I wonder if self awareness will cut through the disappointment.

If we win this case it will mean that the documents have revealed skullduggery. 

The floodgates will then open and people will realise we were correct to pursue the matter through the legal system. 

Could be a new beginning for Scottish football. 

If the SPFL board have been clever enough to cover their tracks then we can expect the wrath of the SFA. 

I'm confident the fans will still agree we were correct to pursue this. 

There is going to be bitterness towards us. There already is a lot of bitterness these teams are jealous. They are jealous we have a backbone and their clubs are just irrelevant little specks on the SPFL radar. 

It’s going to be a huge shock when they come to collect the money they love so much and find the pot significantly smaller than they expected. There will be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth then it will dawn on then they brought it on themselves. 

I hope AB is serious about the 8 million I want maximum pain. 

John Findlay
9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The floodgates will then open and people will realise we were correct to pursue the matter through the legal system. 

If the SPFL board have been clever enough to cover their tracks then we can expect the wrath of the SFA. 

The SFA wont touch us.

Nelly Terraces

Hearts are hated as we saved our club & have shown the way forward in terms of supporter ownership. Other clubs, those in the media & shitehawk thick as 2 short plank pundits are very jealous of this & hate to see others succeed.

Only in an extremely bitter & backward country like Scotland would this be the case. A very negative place where success & striving to do better are frowned upon.

10 minutes ago, Rods said:

There is going to be bitterness towards us. There already is a lot of bitterness these teams are jealous. They are jealous we have a backbone and their clubs are just irrelevant little specks on the SPFL radar. 

It’s going to be a huge shock when they come to collect the money they love so much and find the pot significantly smaller than they expected. There will be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth then it will dawn on then they brought it on themselves. 

I hope AB is serious about the 8 million I want maximum pain. 

3 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Hearts are hated as we saved our club & have shown the way forward in terms of supporter ownership. Other clubs, those in the media & shitehawk thick as 2 short plank pundits are very jealous of this & hate to see others succeed.

Only in an extremely bitter & backward country like Scotland would this be the case. A very negative place where success & striving to do better are frowned upon.

This is it in a nutshell.

Radio Ga Ga
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

It was a long time ago  but I seem to remember he had leanings towards Rangers but he didn't dislike the Hearts and I think his brother George supported Hibs. They lived in Carrick Knowe (Broomside Terrace) near Union Park.

But Arthur played every Saturday for the school in the morning and Salvesen in the afternoon, as did I. He did a bit better than me :lol:

At Carrick Knowe primary, Arthur was initially a left winger, then he became a sweeper at Forrester before he became a left back. Loved a tackle.

He went to Man U when he was very young (possibly at 16). 

Did you play in the same team as Roy Craig? Roy was a superb player and would have played at a far higher level were it not for a bad leg break. He was a coach with the youth teams at Riccarton a few years ago, maybe still is. 

2 hours ago, Paris 1984 said:

If we win we should insist on a formal apology from the SPFL. 

If we win hopefully the SPFL crashes and burns!

Heartsofgold

My only worry if we win the case is that the corrupt as **** referees and other match officials will do their utmost to screw us overevery single game.

2 hours ago, 1953 said:

If we do win our case it would be nice for it to be acknowledged that we did the right thing, but the narrative will most likely be that Hearts bought/bribed/threatened the arbitration panel and everybody else involved, and should still get a big fine/points deduction/kicked out the league for daring to rock the boat in the first place. 

The SPFL openly said they were happy that it was going to Arbitration so they will have to accept the findings just the same as we will.

Clark Griswold
3 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

My only worry if we win the case is that the corrupt as **** referees and other match officials will do their utmost to screw us overevery single game.

I think this is a given no matter how this all pans out 

28 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I think the Court of Session have already clipped the wings of the SFA and SPFL and they might end up in contempt and have a ruling on their dodgy articles of association!!!!

merseyjambo
7 hours ago, Independence said:

Im sure he was/is a H1b5 fans!

I worked with Kevan and can confirm that both him and his dad are Hobos

Edited by merseyjambo

11 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

So nothing changes then?

22 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Agree with the first part second part is nonsense and a bit ironic. 

You can't judge a nation by the action of its football administrators. 

Unless you have a political agenda of course. 😏 

6 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

He used to drink in a boozer in Canonmills, the name of which escapes me now. I used to live nearby and he was hardly out of the place. He was one of those. ‘do you know who I am’ types. Pretty sure he was chased away by the locals after bringing in a very young lady who was not his daughter

Well he did end up marrying one of his former pupils who is 15 years his junior.   

30 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Spot on Nelly. Scotland in microcosm. 

1 hour ago, Boof said:

The apology should consist of

Neil Doncaster, "Here's my unconditional resignation."

Shifty McGrifty, see above.

The rest of them, also see above.

I said last week, if we win I think the SPFL will squirm somehow out of reinstating us because then we are not the bad guys, the SPFL are.

If we win I think they will offer compensation, then if clubs went to the wall due to them not getting money they were expecting, its not the SPFL’s fault, its big bad Hearts fault for destroying these clubs.

So if we win and its a compensation offer, I would like Hearts & Partick to tell them to ram it.
See what the redtops & all the c*ckwombles on Sportsound say when Hearts & Partick state that we have followed SPFL rules to ‘do no harm’ to fellow clubs.
However as part of the decision to reject compensation, Doncaster & all members of the SPFL board must step down as not fit for purpose.

I know it will never happen but if that was the outcome, for sh*ts & giggles it would be great to hear Ann & Jaqui tear Richard Gordon and the rest of them new ar*seholes for their baised reporting of the whole farce

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

It may well be but it's a spectacularly bogus argument.      Anyone of logic would ask themselves if they would view a decision that Hearts lose the case as being correct.   If they do believe that would be correct then the implication is that the arbiters are people capable of making the correct decision.    If it goes Hearts' way then,   using the same logic,   it must be correct.    People would have to admit Hearts were in the right,   if they're honest.

Applying selective faith in the abilities of the arbiters would be lunacy.    I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Good point however........this is exactly what will be applied if we win

manaliveits105
23 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Well he did end up marrying one of his former pupils who is 15 years his junior.   

hibs

gowestjambo
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

It was a long time ago  but I seem to remember he had leanings towards Rangers but he didn't dislike the Hearts and I think his brother George supported Hibs. They lived in Carrick Knowe (Broomside Terrace) near Union Park.

But Arthur played every Saturday for the school in the morning and Salvesen in the afternoon, as did I. He did a bit better than me :lol:

At Carrick Knowe primary, Arthur was initially a left winger, then he became a sweeper at Forrester before he became a left back. Loved a tackle.

He went to Man U when he was very young (possibly at 16). 

George Albiston was a Hearts supporter. How do I know? He was in my class at Carrick Knowe primary.

Footballfirst
40 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Did you play in the same team as Roy Craig? Roy was a superb player and would have played at a far higher level were it not for a bad leg break. He was a coach with the youth teams at Riccarton a few years ago, maybe still is. 

Roy was "technical coach" at the academy for a while, but left after the club went down the box soccer route. The kids liked his style of coaching, so he is a miss.

I think he was helping coach an EOS side last season in addition to helping other youth and amateur sides. 

colinmaroon
56 minutes ago, gator said:

So nothing changes then?

It CAN get worse!

Think Miko and Lith and the treatment that was that bad even the MSSM called it out EVENTUALLY.  (Remember Zal being headbutted and HE got sent off and despite video evidence Prime (surprise, surprise) proved he is bent as a thirteen bob note by refusing to change the decision.  It was that bad the SFA were forced to change the rules about such instances).

54 minutes ago, Mundaydog said:

I said last week, if we win I think the SPFL will squirm somehow out of reinstating us because then we are not the bad guys, the SPFL are.

If we win I think they will offer compensation, then if clubs went to the wall due to them not getting money they were expecting, its not the SPFL’s fault, its big bad Hearts fault for destroying these clubs.

So if we win and its a compensation offer, I would like Hearts & Partick to tell them to ram it.
See what the redtops & all the c*ckwombles on Sportsound say when Hearts & Partick state that we have followed SPFL rules to ‘do no harm’ to fellow clubs.
However as part of the decision to reject compensation, Doncaster & all members of the SPFL board must step down as not fit for purpose.

I know it will never happen but if that was the outcome, for sh*ts & giggles it would be great to hear Ann & Jaqui tear Richard Gordon and the rest of them new ar*seholes for their baised reporting of the whole farce

If the SPFL "offer" us compensation, it will be before the arbitration decision takes place.

If we win on the Dundee vote, we are reinstated and Dundee United will not be promoted. Compensation will not be an issue. The whole point is that if we win on that point alone, we go back to the position we were in immediately before Good Friday.

FWIW, I don't think we would accept an offer of compensation now. It is only in our petition in case we fail to win on our other arguments. I suspect that we are very confident that we will win on those arguments.

On 07/07/2020 at 21:42, henryheart said:

Indeed. I've enjoyed reading what others on here have had to say (some more than others, obviously), and chipped in here and there, but at the end of the day we don't really know what is going on behind closed doors. The reaction of the clubs, the SPFL and Hearts/Partick is maybe the best benchmark to where this may be going, and I'm saying that simply on the basis that they are getting professional advice from experts who will have scrutinised the rights and wrongs.

Ann Budge is not stupid and the well being of the club's finances form the key part of her exit strategy; she would not throw good money after bad. The 'promoted' three are clearly in panic mode and it may be they have been told that if they don't challenge this the panel will have little difficulty in seeing things from our perspective - they have to try and put a few spanners in the works as a distraction. Finally, the SPFL has sent a number of mixed messages. It did not want documents circulated - why? Surely if everything was done by the book it would be perfectly happy to reveal all? The clarion call to clubs to support the case came across as written in panic and an attempt at bullying. On the other hand the apparent failure to seek out of court resolution and the publication of fixtures shows either total confidence or blind arrogance - I don't know which.

On balancing the reactions we look to be marginally ahead, but who can tell?

My updated monitoring the participants makes happy reading, with the Raith chairman very kindly informing the world that the odds of success are 50/50, no doubt after discussion his legal representatives, who no doubt will have been speaking with the SPFL legal team. Judging by the way he has conducted himself if he had been told they were on a winner he would have said so, and he is not going to admit if he has been told that the odds are against his side.

I'm getting more comfortable that next week will be a good one, but I still cannot get my head round the SPFL / 'promoted' three approach. The three are setting themselves up to be asked their role in this whole fiasco and the SPFL is taking an almighty big risk at 50/50 that could see its credibility smashed and its members significantly damaged and in some cases terminally.   

19 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

If the SPFL "offer" us compensation, it will be before the arbitration decision takes place.

If we win on the Dundee vote, we are reinstated and Dundee United will not be promoted. Compensation will not be an issue. The whole point is that if we win on that point alone, we go back to the position we were in immediately before Good Friday.

FWIW, I don't think we would accept an offer of compensation now. It is only in our petition in case we fail to win on our other arguments. I suspect that we are very confident that we will win on those arguments.

I hope so 👍🏻.

I come on here and see great arguments for reinstatement and I totally agree, then next time I’m on I see great arguments for compensation and a season in the championship and I agree with that....just want all this stuff dealt with asap so can plan properly for 20/21 season 

Radio Ga Ga
37 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I know the name and if its who I think you mean then I would have played in games with him at Union Park  in the 20 a side days....he was shit hot.

I think he was in the year above me at Forrie if it's who I think you mean.

Did he have dark curly hair ?

Yes, dark curly hair lived at the top of Carrick Knowe Road, played in midfield for Whitehill Welfare for years 

He played with Arthur Albiston, that’s why I wondered if you might have known him. 

Edited by Radio Ga Ga
Spelling

Radio Ga Ga
58 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Roy was "technical coach" at the academy for a while, but left after the club went down the box soccer route. The kids liked his style of coaching, so he is a miss.

I think he was helping coach an EOS side last season in addition to helping other youth and amateur sides. 

Not seen Roy for a few years but he loved working with the kids at Riccarton

1 hour ago, gator said:

So nothing changes then?

absolutely this...or maybe we confront the corruption, we win, and maybe things change

WorldChampions1902
27 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

Given the stance that Doncaster has consistently taken throughout this fiasco of him, “only doing the bidding of the member clubs”, he surely would have to get the agreement of all those clubs before making us an out of court settlement? And given we are a member club, we would expect to be given a vote alongside every other member. Which means we would know what any financial settlement was going to be, before it was even offered.

If the above happened, you can bet it would only be a tiny fraction of our combined £10m court claim, so they’ll be told to ram it. Apart from which, we are so far down the line now, I absolutely want arbitration to conclude it's deliberations, not least because I am convinced our case is much better than the 50/50 Raith think it is.

31 minutes ago, henryheart said:

My updated monitoring the participants makes happy reading, with the Raith chairman very kindly informing the world that the odds of success are 50/50, no doubt after discussion his legal representatives, who no doubt will have been speaking with the SPFL legal team. Judging by the way he has conducted himself if he had been told they were on a winner he would have said so, and he is not going to admit if he has been told that the odds are against his side.

I'm getting more comfortable that next week will be a good one, but I still cannot get my head round the SPFL / 'promoted' three approach. The three are setting themselves up to be asked their role in this whole fiasco and the SPFL is taking an almighty big risk at 50/50 that could see its credibility smashed and its members significantly damaged and in some cases terminally.   

See if we won, would it be possible to pay the promoted 3's costs in legal fee's as a gesture of good will, or do the courts not allow that.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

They are not going to offer us anything, nor are they going to settle early. That should be blindingly obvious by now 

Footballfirst
20 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Yes, dark curly hair lived at the top of Carrick Knowe Road, played in midfield for Whitehill Welfare for years 

He played with Arthur Albiston, that’s why I wondered if you might have known him. 

19 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Not seen Roy for a few years but he loved working with the kids at Riccarton

From 2012/13 (HYDC)

oLFsTgu.jpg

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

See if we won, would it be possible to pay the promoted 3's costs in legal fee's as a gesture of good will, or do the courts not allow that.

Nah, we should donate the exact amount they owe to a charity of their choice. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 hour ago, Mundaydog said:

At the end of this process, if we're not or can't be reinstated, we should ensure Partick and Stranraer are correctly compensated, but waived ours, having exposed the SPFL for what they are. That approach would absolutely baffle our detractors... 

2 minutes ago, blairdin said:

At the end of this process, if we're not or can't be reinstated, we should ensure Partick and Stranraer are correctly compensated, but waived ours, having exposed the SPFL for what they are. That approach would absolutely baffle our detractors... 

It would baffle me too.

Rick Sanchez

I hope we win as big a fee as possible and return the payment of those who showed the utmost good faith.

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I hope we win as big a fee as possible and return the payment of those who showed the utmost good faith.

Yes, this would do me... A better idea than mine. 

Edited by blairdin

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

From 2012/13 (HYDC)

oLFsTgu.jpg

Calm down calm down 

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, we should donate the exact amount they owe to a charity of their choice. 

That's possible, since most of it was donated anyway through crowdfunding  :cowboy:

7 minutes ago, blairdin said:

The problem is no one is interested in anything we do unless it shows us in a bad light. We could invent a cure for Covid 19 and no one would give a ****. That’s why we should 100% do what suits us. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, blairdin said:

:berra:

Wave compensation? 

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

:rofl: must have meant something else

Could be MrAnderson

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )